Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
America's Next Top Model- title change

Apparently the CW decided to change the title of America's Next Top Model for season 18. It's now called America's Next Top Model: British Invasion, so previous Season Passes won't record it. It premiered Feb. 29, and the pilot re-airs again this Monday.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
starbreiz
Fangirl

I didn't pick up a recording on 2/29, but my TiVo says it's set to record the Kelly Osbourne episode on 3/5 as planned from the old season pass. Maybe Tribune already fixed it? Thanks Dave! This show is my total guilty pleasure.
starbreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yep we missed it too. I've got the repeat set to record on Monday. Thanks.
Not sure if this is the standard ANTM though, it sounds from the description as if Kelly Osbourne is the host. That may account for the name change. Still, if this is the only ANTM we get, I want to get it! One of my fave GPs too.

Last edited by bareyb : 03-04-2012 at 04:04 AM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
Cainebj

No I don't think Kelly Osborne is the host - I think this cycle they have new girls competing with a group of girls from a recent British version of the show - but other than that - I think it's still Tyra and all but there is a new judge on the panel.

I missed the premiere also cos of the name change.
Glad it's repeating on Monday.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
I've seen the episode now through other means-- Kelly Osborne is the guest host for the episode. It is indeed a regular season of ANTM, just with a dumb twist of half the girls are Americans and half are British.

Edited to add: I meant guest JUDGE, not guest HOST.

Last edited by David Platt : 03-05-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
I've seen the episode now through other means-- Kelly Osborne is the guest host for the episode. It is indeed a regular season of ANTM, just with a dumb twist of half the girls are Americans and half are British.
Ugh. Those idiots. You'd think they had an understanding of DVR's by now. Of course, they still think it's okay to broadcast in Standard Def 4:3 so ...
Old 03-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
Ugh. Those idiots. You'd think they had an understanding of DVR's by now. Of course, they still think it's okay to broadcast in Standard Def 4:3 so ...
For real? I was just going to post in here asking if they started to shoot this show in HD.

Nuts that they haven't. This show was a guilty pleasure of mine. But these days, it's just not worth it if it's not in HD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
abigail99

Thumbs down It appears they've changed it AGAIN

Now the current episodes are set to record under the regular "America's Next Top Model" season pass, and it finds NO episodes under the "America's Next Top Model: British Invasion". Sigh.
abigail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
For real? I was just going to post in here asking if they started to shoot this show in HD.

Nuts that they haven't. This show was a guilty pleasure of mine. But these days, it's just not worth it if it's not in HD.
Yep. It's the last show I actually watch that is still in SD 4:3. Personally I subscribe to the theory that Tyra is a tight-wad and it's much cheaper to shoot in SD.

Quote:
Why Isn't America's Next Top Model Filmed in HD?

We have a mystery to share with you — a technical mystery.

Those of you with fancy high-definition (HD) televisions may have noticed that America's Next Top Model has held out on filming the show in high-definition. Why is this the case?

We contacted the CW to find out, and a publicist said she had "no comment" on the matter.

Hmm. Of course, now we really want to know! So we reached out to a friend, Brian Kasmarck, who works in film and he speculated that it might have something to do with HD taking up a lot of memory. Apparently, transferring HD footage from memory cards on the camera to the computer can be a pain during filming. "Either that, or [the producers] are really cheap," he said.

Budget probably has something to do with it. Reality shows in general have been a little slower to jump on the HD bandwagon. USA Today published an article awhile back saying that HD just wasn’t a priority for reality programming. The Amazing Race, for example, only announced last year that they were making the switch.

We also wondered if it could have something to do with the incredible resolution of HD, which is awesome for shows with exotic locations, but maybe not so awesome for a show centered on makeovers, photo shoots, and lots of close-ups.

Sources: Reality Blurred; USA Today

Last edited by bareyb : 03-05-2012 at 04:40 PM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #10
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail99 View Post
Now the current episodes are set to record under the regular "America's Next Top Model" season pass, and it finds NO episodes under the "America's Next Top Model: British Invasion". Sigh.
LOL. Yep. They sure did. I think I'm gonna keep both Season Passes just in case they change their mind again.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb

I just happened to catch a few minutes of the Monday night broadcast-- AND IT WAS IN HD!! I couldn't believe it. The pic still looked kind of crappy, so I suspect it may really be 480p, but at least it was 16x9!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:23 AM   #12
starbreiz
Fangirl

Good news! Thanks for the update, I'm going to switch my SP over to the HD channel. It used to force a stretched picture and man that was annoying.
starbreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #13
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail99 View Post
Now the current episodes are set to record under the regular "America's Next Top Model"
Yup me too I'm leaving both season passes just in case.

Funny I have complained in my head for a couple of years that it was not in HD and watching Monday's episode...

It didn't even register in my brain they finally went HD
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
I just find it hard to believe that they wouldn't make a huge deal out of it, since people have been complaining about it for so long. Maybe Tyra didn't want to admit she was wrong.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #15
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
It's still SD (albeit upscaled SD to 1080i), but it has been upgraded to 16:9. That's why they didn't make a big deal out of it. They only went half way.