Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #91
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Are there any current deals on a Tivo Glo Remote or VideoRedo?
Yes!

Deal #1: Free TiVo Glo Remote (or Wireless G USB network adapter) with the purchase of an upgraded TiVo HD DVR. Eligible configurations are listed here, and all you need to do is add the remote to your cart and use this coupon code when checking out: FREETHINGIE2009

Deal #2: $20 TiVo Glo Remote when purchased in combination with an upgrade kit for the TiVo HD or or an upgrade kit for the TiVo Series3. Just add the Glo Remote to your cart and use this coupon code when checking out: DVRTCF2010-020 and $25 will be automatically subtracted from your total.

Deal #3: $5 off of VideoReDo Plus or TVSuite. Here is the coupon code: TCF-VRD-5

Lou

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #92
waynomo
My One Time

Its that about two weeks ago I was able to get the Glo Remote for $30 with some code. Now it only shows up as $45.

I don't have a use for any upgrade kits right now so those options don't work.

Thanks.

I will definitely be getting Video Redo soon.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:59 AM   #93
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Its that about two weeks ago I was able to get the Glo Remote for $30 with some code. Now it only shows up as $45.

I don't have a use for any upgrade kits right now so those options don't work.

Thanks.

I will definitely be getting Video Redo soon.
In the first post of the thread, there is a coupon code for a $30 glo remote if you purchase an upgraded unit and use the $50-off code in the same thread.

Sorry, but if we just sold remotes for $30 we'd be losing money with every one we sold!

Old 01-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #94
ScottEllsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoupgrade View Post
Series3 and TiVo HD units will work with the Western Digital branded "My DVR" drive which I believe can offer up to 500GB of additional recording capacity.

[...]

The recommendation around here is to stick with a single drive unit, whenever possible as it will be more reliable and offer a bit less clutter [but they will sell you one if you need the space] .
Let me second the internal drive recommendation. My external drive just went belly-up, causing no end of pixelation and strange behaviors.

Oh, and Lou has been very helpful during the debug process, offered to work with me quite a bit while I tried to figure out what was going on - DVRUpgrade has definitely earned my business.

Surprisingly enough, Cox Communications was helpful too, sending out three techs with an armful of tuning adapters and cable cards.
ScottEllsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #95
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottEllsworth View Post
Let me second the internal drive recommendation. My external drive just went belly-up, causing no end of pixelation and strange behaviors.

Oh, and Lou has been very helpful during the debug process, offered to work with me quite a bit while I tried to figure out what was going on - DVRUpgrade has definitely earned my business.

Surprisingly enough, Cox Communications was helpful too, sending out three techs with an armful of tuning adapters and cable cards.
Thanks!

Lou

Old 02-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #96
sbq

do these codes work if you use Google Checkout?
sbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #97
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbq View Post
do these codes work if you use Google Checkout?
Unfortunately, they do not.

However, if you'd prefer to use Google Checkout, go ahead and do so. Please add everything that you want to your cart and use our contact form and send us the code or special you are interested in using and we can adjust your order and credit you back.

Thx,

Lou

Old 03-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #98
joey3002

any price updates since the s4 is out now?

thanks
joey3002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #99
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey3002 View Post
any price updates since the s4 is out now?

thanks

We are currently taking pre-orders for the TiVo Premiere (shipping around the end of March). If and when upgraded units (and kits) are available, we'll certainly post here with more information and any promotions we offer.

Thanks!

Lou

Old 02-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #100
ttfitz

Any new VideoReDo code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoupgrade View Post
Yes!

Deal #3: $5 off of VideoReDo Plus or TVSuite. Here is the coupon code: TCF-VRD-5

Lou
I was interested in buying VideoReDo Plus from your site, but this coupon code must have expired. Is there any other special offers available?

Thanks.

Tim
ttfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #101
ncfoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfitz View Post
I was interested in buying VideoReDo Plus from your site, but this coupon code must have expired. Is there any other special offers available?

Thanks.

Tim
+1
ncfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #102
lew

Lou (tivoupgrade) hasn't posted in over a year. His company was sold to Weaknees.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #103
weblizard

Question Thanks for the update-

Is Weaknees an actual company, or a nickname? I am in the market for a TiVo HD, and this company looked like a good source... Any recommendations if this company isn't the best option?

I'm a little concerned about going through eBay; it would be nice to find a DVR-oriented company, especially one tied to the TiVo community.

Thanks!
weblizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #104
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by weblizard View Post
Is Weaknees an actual company, or a nickname? I am in the market for a TiVo HD, and this company looked like a good source... Any recommendations if this company isn't the best option?

I'm a little concerned about going through eBay; it would be nice to find a DVR-oriented company, especially one tied to the TiVo community.
What do you mean by "real company"? They have a website:
http://www.weaknees.com/
It's anybody's guess as to whether the company is run out of someone's basement. But doing a whois on weaknees.com shows the following:
Adberg, Michael michael@weaknees.com
Slimvac, Inc.
9999 Jefferson Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Looking at that address in Google maps seems to point to an industrial building rather than a house. See image.

Many people have dealt with weaknees in the past. I think they used to be a forum sponsor, but it shouldn't matter anymore since various people have said that they are now the same as dvrupgrade, which still has banner ads on the home page of TiVoCommunity.com.

Many years ago I bought a drive from weaknees and was satisfied. IMO the only reason not to use them is you can DIY for less.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 2.jpg (52.1 KB, 45 views)
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #105
JoeTaxpayer

Weeknees is a fine company. Before I had the inclination to instant cake a drive, I picked up a formatted drive from them. Worked fine, they even threw in the torx screwdriver.
JoeTaxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #106
weblizard

Didn't mean to offend-

I was *trying* to ask if Weaknees was the legal name of a business, as opposed to the informal nickname or Internet handle of an individual human, that's all.

In the future I promise to be painfully explicit if I ever make such an inquiry again.
weblizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #107
quietfly

are there any current specials?
quietfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #108
Rkkeller

Not knocking any company but every time I have wanted to upgrade my TiVo's, I can always find it for much less on Ebay.
Rkkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #109
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkkeller View Post
Not knocking any company but every time I have wanted to upgrade my TiVo's, I can always find it for much less on Ebay.
The only downside is that you then have to buy it from ebay.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #110
lpwcomp

Is there something about the TCF that makes it particularly attractive to 'bots or does this kind of stupidity happen in other forums?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #111
mickeyangel98
TiVo Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Is there something about the TCF that makes it particularly attractive to 'bots or does this kind of stupidity happen in other forums?
It happens everywhere. I mod another forum and more than 50% of the time we are deleting SPAM posted by bots.
mickeyangel98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #112
tyd450

it could be people trying to get their post counts up so they can post in certain sections
tyd450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #113
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyd450 View Post
it could be people trying to get their post counts up so they can post in certain sections
The post those two guys were talking about is no longer there, probably because it was out and out spam, or it was somebody trying to get their count up high enough to be able to include links to some spammy commercial enterprise, and when they did they got reported and their account was vaporized along with all of their posts.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote