TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
rolybert
Here comes Santa

Loss of audio but not video

These are on regular SD receivers(not tivo).

Someone who thinks I know about this stuff called and asked. (I really don't)

All 3 receivers in the house have a picture but no sound. I have never seen this happen before so I don't know what to tell them or what to look for.

My only thought is a problem with a multiswitch. But can a bad multiswitch cause a loss of audio but not video.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rolybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
What is the audio connection from the receivers - does it go to the TV? The most common cause for "loss of audio" is the inadvertent selection of "Secondary audio" on the TV, though it seems unlikely this would hit three receivers (and presumably three TVs) at the same time. I can't see that signal problems would cause this.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
rolybert
Here comes Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post
What is the audio connection from the receivers - does it go to the TV? The most common cause for "loss of audio" is the inadvertent selection of "Secondary audio" on the TV, though it seems unlikely this would hit three receivers (and presumably three TVs) at the same time. I can't see that signal problems would cause this.
composite out to 3 different tvs. And it just suddenly happened so I doubt they messed up 3 TVs and went to SAP. Me thinks this will need a visit from the boys at D*

rolybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Composite is video. What is the audio connection? Red/White analog? Did you verify this problem in person? One thing experience has taught me is that people's description of the problem often bear little resemblance to the actual problem.