TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #121
browellm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfofpoison

Cheers (wouldn't get such a quick response from Virgin)!
You mean 'any' response, right?
browellm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #122
Qu1nt

I'm really impressed that Jerry took the time to post here in the UK forum especially when we're not even meant to have the app yet
Qu1nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #123
RichardJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu1nt View Post
I'm really impressed that Jerry took the time to post here in the UK forum especially when we're not even meant to have the app yet
He may be attempting to keep the good name of Tivo going as Virgin by virtue of poor CS and update info do not seem to care.

I personally do not have many niggles with my 2 Tivos (aside from ITV HD lip sync. Which is not a Virgin only problem) BUT many people according to different forums do have problems and appear very dissatisfied.

Bad publicity and complaints will not do the future of Tivo any good.
RichardJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #124
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

The update is now available via iTunes. Thanks for your patience!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #125
alextegg
Tall Member

Excellent, that's fixed it for me on the iPad and the iPhone is still working on the previous version

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

S1 shelved to wait for
to revive it
Brand new lovely VM TiVo from 18/02/2011 :)
alextegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #126
Pine Cladding
Large member (Ooer!)

Wonderful!

Virgin TiVo installed 19th Feb!!
TiVo S1 (In the Loft) with Cachecard 2.2, 512mb, TiVoWeb
Pine Cladding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #127
Major dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry View Post
The update is now available via iTunes. Thanks for your patience!
Yep,
Updated and it's working again.

Brilliant
Major dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #128
alextegg
Tall Member

The app has just stopped working again on my phone and iPad

and

S1 shelved to wait for
to revive it
Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #129
beeswax

Mine was working fine last night - unless your TiVo has had a software update (what version is it on now?) then it's just going to be Bonjour being Bonjour. Reboot your iDevices and the router and the PC that's running the Bonjour redirect script and it should be fine.
beeswax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #130
alextegg
Tall Member

Hmm, have rebooted router, both iPad & iPhone, the re-director PC and the TiVo itself and still no joy. Will check the version of TiVo incase I've had an upgrade later when I can get to it.

Can't think it can be the app end given I have 2 devices so not sure what it is if it isn't the TiVo ?

and

S1 shelved to wait for
to revive it
Old 05-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #131
beeswax

I'm fairly sure it will be network related as even though it still works for me, sometimes I have to press "check for boxes again" a lot. I tried it just now and it took no less than 20 attempts. I tried toggling the wifi on the iPad after about 10 tries, that didn't seem to help.

By 15 attempts I was also now trying on the iPhone at the same time, both failed about 5 more times before both decided to connect at exactly at the same time.

My TiVo is on software version 15.2-01-2-C00 and I have v1.9(4788) of the iOS app. Assuming you have the same, all I can suggest it keep pressing the retry button until you can't bear it any more.

The cause? TiVo being unresponsive? Weird method we're using to spoof Premiere boxes? General crapness of Bonjour? Who knows, I just hope the official app doesn't suffer this seeming reluctance to make an initial connection when it finally drops. Release delay is really taking the pee now.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:09 AM   #132
alextegg
Tall Member

Sounds like we have something different as yours is failing to connect, my app bombs the second I click on it, on both iPad and iPhone?

Don't get as far as check again

and

S1 shelved to wait for
to revive it
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #133
beeswax

That's odd. Fairly easy to work out where the problem is though - your TiVo can only be to blame if it's sending duff responses to the app which it can only do if the redirector script puts the two in touch.

Kill the redirect script on your PC and make sure it's not set to load on system startup. Power off the PC and router to flush out any lingering Bonjour advertisements and also power off you iDevices.

Power everything back up and try again, at this point with no Bonjour redirect, the iOS app will never get as far as your TiVo box and should just say that there are no compatible devices on your network. If it's still crashing then there's a problem on your iDevices or with the app preventing it from even launching. Delete the app from your devices and re-download via iTunes from the official US app store and re-sync it to your devices.

If the iOS actually works again but only with the redirect disabled, then either the redirect script is doing something funky or your TiVo box has a stammer or something. Not sure what to suggest in that scenario however I'm fairly confident you'll find it's a problem with the iOS app install on your iDevices.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #134
alextegg
Tall Member

Thanks, will try that but I will be very surprised if the app install has become corrupt on both devices. Time will tell

and

S1 shelved to wait for
to revive it
Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #135
alextegg
Tall Member

Well, shows what I know

Removed and re-installed the app on iPhone and iPad and both are now working

Thanks for the suggestions - glad to have it back

and

S1 shelved to wait for
to revive it
Old 05-16-2012, 05:05 AM   #136
NeilCoburn

Just a tip for anyone like me who's been struggling to get the iPad app to connect and stay connected - I just updated my router (TP Link) firmware. The new version specifically mentioned improved support for Bonjour, and sure enough, all is working fine now. I guess other routers may also have issues with Bonjour that a firmware update might solve.
NeilCoburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #137
alextegg
Tall Member

Doh!

Just got the latest software update and now my iPad app is not working (again!) so something must have changed

Wish Virgin would get the @rses in gear and release the official one!

and

S1 shelved to wait for
to revive it
Old 08-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #138
dwarfofpoison
dwarfofpoison

Please, please help us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry View Post
Hi everyone,

We have indeed found the cause of the problem in the app when launching the guide. A fix has been made and will be made available as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience while we get this taken care.

Sorry for the grief.

Jerry
Hi TiVoJerry,
Virgin Media's latest software update has administered another blow to the US TiVo IPad app. It looks like an even more severe wound this time, I (and many, many more) only hope that you can help ensure that it's not fatal again!
dwarfofpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #139
fergiet

Was getting so used to using the Tivo iPad app (from itunes USA). When setting recordings etc it's so much quicker.

Thanks Virgin Media for shooting it down !

If there was any competition I would be off. Sadly there is none so I am stuck with you.
fergiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #140
beara
challenging fiddler

Ah, that'll be why it's not working then, just got 15.3 update on mine too :-(

Jules

Tivo 1, 200Gb with lifetime sub, turbonet and tivowebplus
Tivo 2, 120Gb with lifetime sub, turbonet and tivowebplus
beara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:53 AM   #141
Pine Cladding
Large member (Ooer!)

Perhaps the mythical Virgin app will appear now.

Virgin TiVo installed 19th Feb!!
TiVo S1 (In the Loft) with Cachecard 2.2, 512mb, TiVoWeb
Pine Cladding is offline   Reply With Quote