TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #481
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Not sure if this has been reported (I scanned but couldn't find in this thread) but when I do a SEARCH and then GET SEASON PASS, it will always default to the OTA channel number and I don't have an option to select which channel. For instance, searching for SURVIVOR will bring up 46-1 which is a local OTA high def station here in Atlanta for CBN. I prefer it record on 809 which is the hi-def cable channel for CBS. It seems to always default to the lowest channel. It does not give me the option to change the channel - the search will always bring up the lowest number and it is fixed.

If instead of using the Search feature to find the show and get a season pass, if I actually locate the show in the Guide on the channel I wish to record from, and hit record and GET A SEASON PASS, it still defaults to the 46-1 channel and that is what it wants to set the pass for despite my clicking record from the 809 channel in the guide. From here, I have to go ahead and get the season pass and save it but I then have to go back in and change the channel number from within the OPTIONS in the season pass.

In the past, it would even default to a SD channel since they were always the lowest channel number on Comcast's channel lineup. I have since deleted all my SD channels from the Tivo lineup so I assume it would still do this now.

It would be fine like it is if it would allow me to select the channel when I am selecting the season pass on the first go through. Why do I have to save it to a channel I don't want it to record from and then go back and change it? This is a lot of wasted time and key clicks. I could block all my redundant OTA channels but I sometimes watch them.

Those of you not using the OTA channels or have them blocked may not have this issue but it seems worse now with the new firmware.
When you initially set the the SP, you should be able to go to options and change the channel there.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #482
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
When you initially set the the SP, you should be able to go to options and change the channel there.
Unless there is something peculiar to a TiVo configured with both Antenna and Cable, that is the only time you can select which channel a season pass is being recorded from. You can't can't change the channel of an an existing Season pass, at least not on the TiVo. Maybe through kmttg or the online SP manager.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #483
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Unless there is something peculiar to a TiVo configured with both Antenna and Cable, that is the only time you can select which channel a season pass is being recorded from. You can't can't change the channel of an an existing Season pass, at least not on the TiVo. Maybe through kmttg or the online SP manager.
right, but that's not what he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Not sure if this has been reported (I scanned but couldn't find in this thread) but when I do a SEARCH and then GET SEASON PASS, it will always default to the OTA channel number and I don't have an option to select which channel. For instance, searching for SURVIVOR will bring up 46-1 which is a local OTA high def station here in Atlanta for CBN. I prefer it record on 809 which is the hi-def cable channel for CBS. It seems to always default to the lowest channel. It does not give me the option to change the channel - the search will always bring up the lowest number and it is fixed.

If instead of using the Search feature to find the show and get a season pass, if I actually locate the show in the Guide on the channel I wish to record from, and hit record and GET A SEASON PASS, it still defaults to the 46-1 channel and that is what it wants to set the pass for despite my clicking record from the 809 channel in the guide. From here, I have to go ahead and get the season pass and save it but I then have to go back in and change the channel number from within the OPTIONS in the season pass.

In the past, it would even default to a SD channel since they were always the lowest channel number on Comcast's channel lineup. I have since deleted all my SD channels from the Tivo lineup so I assume it would still do this now.

It would be fine like it is if it would allow me to select the channel when I am selecting the season pass on the first go through. Why do I have to save it to a channel I don't want it to record from and then go back and change it? This is a lot of wasted time and key clicks. I could block all my redundant OTA channels but I sometimes watch them.

Those of you not using the OTA channels or have them blocked may not have this issue but it seems worse now with the new firmware.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #484
lpwcomp

Quote:
right, but that's not what he said
You cannot do what he said he did. Create ("Save") the SP, then alter the channel it is recording from.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #485
cherry ghost

Quote:
You cannot do what he said he did. Create ("Save") the SP, then alter the channel it is recording from.
yea, I'm agreeing with you
Old 02-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #486
lpwcomp

And I was agreeing with you. So here we are, agreeing with one another. Isn't this pleasant.

As far as the actual problem goes, I consider this a bug. It should default to the channel of the selected showing. This is similar to, though less of an annoyance, the gyrations you have to go through to record other than the next showing of something.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #487
cherry ghost

Quote:
And I was agreeing with you. So here we are, agreeing with one another. Isn't this pleasant.

As far as the actual problem goes, I consider this a bug. It should default to the channel of the selected showing. This is similar to, though less of an annoyance, the gyrations you have to go through to record other than the next showing of something.
Sorry, guess I misinterpreted.

And I agree it's a bug. I don't have a problem with the option to change channels if you actually select "options", but if you simply select a show from the Guide and want to create an SP with the default options, it should be created on the channel you selected from the Guide, not the channel of the next airing.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #488
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Sorry, guess I misinterpreted.

And I agree it's a bug. I don't have a problem with the option to change channels if you actually select "options", but if you simply select a show from the Guide and want to create an SP with the default options, it should be created on the channel you selected from the Guide, not the channel of the next airing.
I also agree it seems like a bug. But when did it start? Is it 20.2 specific? Does it act the same in the SDUI? For now, I am adding it as 4.8
Old 02-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #489
Dan203
Super Moderator

You missed one...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...17#post8911517

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #490
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
I also agree it seems like a bug. But when did it start? Is it 20.2 specific? Does it act the same in the SDUI? For now, I am adding it as 4.8
Definitely HDUI specific, but not sure if it's new. I didn't use the HDUI until 20.2.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #491
lpwcomp

Quote:
Definitely HDUI specific, but not sure if it's new. I didn't use the HDUI until 20.2.
I'm pretty sure it is new to 20.2, with the implementation of the HDUI guide.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #492
eddieb187

The First Aired Date on my TiVo Premiere XL is always a day behind.
Today is Feb 14. Yet new shows have First Aired Date of Feb 13?
Anyone else notice this issue?
eddieb187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #493
Dan203
Super Moderator

Are you sure the program recorded today?

I just checked a few things I recorded tonight and they all have the right original air date.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #494
andyf

Shows in the future have OAD behind by one day. One they have been recorded the OAD fixes itself. Weird, I know.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #495
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Even on recordings the First aired: Date is always shown as one day prior to the actual First aired date. When I bring up the Info screen.

Already noted on first page:
3.2.1.8 Programs marked as "new" show their first aired date as 1 day before behind the actual date the program is airing. Also, the "new" labels will sometimes disappear when switching to/from grid style to/from live style.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #496
ghuido

Don't know if I hit a known bug or not.

Yesterday after setting up my new TIVO Premiere Elite, i enabled Remote Network Control and started using the new Ipad App.

Scheduled a show through the App.

After an hour when I went to check the TIVO it was stuck in the DELETE / KEEP Recorded Program Option.

Any command sent from the remote or the Ipad software would not work. I would hear a DONG from the TIVO saying it received the command but would not do anything. Could not get pass the delete or keep recording Prompt. Had to unplug and reboot.

The TIVO is up to version 20.2

Anyone else hit something like this?
ghuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #497
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Even on recordings the First aired: Date is always shown as one day prior to the actual First aired date. When I bring up the Info screen.
The only time I see a problem with the OAD is in the guide data. It is correct for recorded shows and isn't there at all on the "info" screen.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #498
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
The only time I see a problem with the OAD is in the guide data. It is correct for recorded shows and isn't there at all on the "info" screen.
This is what I am seeing. The First aired: 2/13/12 on the right side, below the Format, is the previous date to the actual First aired date of the 14th.

Does your Info Bar not show this?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FirstAired-Date-Info.jpg (62.6 KB, 163 views)

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #499
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
This is what I am seeing. The First aired: 2/13/12 on the right side, below the Format, is the previous date to the actual First aired date of the 14th.
OK. Yeah I see that too and the OAD is off by a day. I was talking about the data in the NPL and its info screen. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #500
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
OK. Yeah I see that too and the OAD is off by a day. I was talking about the data in the NPL and its info screen. Sorry for the confusion.
That sounds like a candidate for another bug entry. The 3.2.1.8 entry is only for the guide, and this seems to also display it on the on-screen-info popup. Certainly the two are related, but shouldn't this be listed separately?

And if so, I think we need a main header to contain things related to the info popups- I think maybe 3.2.4, 3.2.7, and the proposed one should be moved there as well?

Related- it looks like 3.2.8 should also be moved under Guide issues (3.2.1.X)?

Thoughts?

Last edited by crxssi : 02-15-2012 at 05:22 PM.
crxssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #501
xbr23

posted this in another 20.2 thread but didn't get any input or info. does anyone else notice this issue:

What I would like to see is that since I use 4 tuners sometimes by using pause, switch tuner, watch, pause, switch tuner, watch, pause.... etc. If a tuner is about to get switched by "Tivo" to record something else, give me a pop up across all tuners that a tuner is about to change. I might veto the change because I plan to go back to that channel after watching the tuner I am currently watching. Tivo will change a tuner even if it is currently paused. That just seems wrong to me.
xbr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #502
MichaelK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbr23 View Post
posted this in another 20.2 thread but didn't get any input or info. does anyone else notice this issue:

What I would like to see is that since I use 4 tuners sometimes by using pause, switch tuner, watch, pause, switch tuner, watch, pause.... etc. If a tuner is about to get switched by "Tivo" to record something else, give me a pop up across all tuners that a tuner is about to change. I might veto the change because I plan to go back to that channel after watching the tuner I am currently watching. Tivo will change a tuner even if it is currently paused. That just seems wrong to me.
the answer you are about to read posted 30 times is - "if you want to watch it press the record button"

followed by some "you are using it wrong" posts.

then some opposing "I'll use my box anyway i want"
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #503
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelK View Post
the answer you are about to read posted 30 times is - "if you want to watch it press the record button"

followed by some "you are using it wrong" posts.

then some opposing "I'll use my box anyway i want"
You missed one. "What the heck has this got to do with this thread? Did it work prior to 20.2 and is now broken?"

BTW, this problem must be peculiar to the Elite. I get prompted all the time if it is about to change the channel on the other tuner.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #504
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
That sounds like a candidate for another bug entry. The 3.2.1.8 entry is only for the guide, and this seems to also display it on the on-screen-info popup. Certainly the two are related, but shouldn't this be listed separately?

And if so, I think we need a main header to contain things related to the info popups- I think maybe 3.2.4, 3.2.7, and the proposed one should be moved there as well?

Related- it looks like 3.2.8 should also be moved under Guide issues (3.2.1.X)?

Thoughts?
It occurred to me that this is probably also the reason for the missing "New" flags on the current days guide entries.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #505
SandDune

One more. Within folders, deleting the last item in the list now returns you to the top (first item) of the list. This used to leave you on the last item of the list. Basically the behavior is to go to the show further down the list from the one you just deleted, but for some reason when there is no older show it goes to the top of the folder. This is especially annoying for any folder that is full of shows (like the CNet podcast folder when I go out of town for a week).

This worked in the old version in SD. The problem shows itself in the new version in HD (need to verify in SD as well).
SandDune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #506
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandDune View Post
One more. Within folders, deleting the last item in the list now returns you to the top (first item) of the list. This used to leave you on the last item of the list. Basically the behavior is to go to the show further down the list from the one you just deleted, but for some reason when there is no older show it goes to the top of the folder. This is especially annoying for any folder that is full of shows (like the CNet podcast folder when I go out of town for a week).

This worked in the old version in SD. The problem shows itself in the new version in HD (need to verify in SD as well).
More clarification needed. In the HDUI, when I am in TiVo Suggestions folder and delete the last item, it moves me to "Improve my TiVo Suggestions", it does not take me to the top. Perhaps it is only in other sub-folders, of which I have none so I can't test.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #507
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandDune View Post

Pressing the (->|) button will take you back to the bottom of the list.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #508
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Pressing the (->|) button will take you back to the bottom of the list.
Yes, but in HDUI inside a folder there are a bunch of options listed at the bottom and skip forwards takes you to the bottom option instead of the last show in the folder which is usually what you want. Annoying things like that keep me away from the HDUI (in addition to the sluggishness).
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #509
SandDune

And I would have no problem if deleting the last item in the folder took me to one of those options, but taking me to the top is a lot of extra clicks (even using the skip forward button). If the skip forward button took me to the last show instead of the last item, that would be a lot less complicated. And taking a look, you're right this behavior does not appear to present itself in the Tivo Suggestions folder. Yet another inconsistency in behavior.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #510
SandDune

Oh, and will I'm on the topic of deleting items, it would be nice if deleting a Netflix item from your queue left you at the current spot in your queue (either the next or previous item) instead of returning you to the top. If you have a very long Netflix queue this can be quite annoying. Of course this is not new behavior, and exists in both HD and SD UI's, both before and after the upgrade. But since I was on the topic anyway...