TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #3811
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by muerte33 View Post
I have a college basketball game recorded in SD, it is 3gb in size according to KMTTG.
KMTTG (curl) downloads about 1/3 of it then quits.
It then does the conversion and everything, but I am missing most of the game.
What signals KMTTG/curl to quit at the same spot every time (I have tried it 3 times)?
This is the only time I have ever had this problem with KMTTG/curl.
I have 1tb free on my HD, so it is not space related.
Some recordings have glitches which cause transfer to fail from TiVo side. To retrieve the rest of the recording:
1. Find out the exact time at which the transfer is failing
2. On your TiVo play back the show and find that spot and then forward about a minute or so beyond it and then exit playback so the spot is marked
3. In kmttg refresh listings so that it picks up the marked spot you just created
4. Enable File-Resume Downloads in kmttg and then select the show in the listings and start jobs as normal
This will resume download from pause point so you can retrieve rest of the program. You will then need a video editor such as VideoRedo to put the 2 clips together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #3812
moyekj

v0p8q version released

v0p8q version released with fix to problem recently reported by wireman121. There's also one enhancement related to iPad remote To Do list flagging.
See release_notes.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #3813
muerte33

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Some recordings have glitches which cause transfer to fail from TiVo side. To retrieve the rest of the recording:
1. Find out the exact time at which the transfer is failing
2. On your TiVo play back the show and find that spot and then forward about a minute or so beyond it and then exit playback so the spot is marked
3. In kmttg refresh listings so that it picks up the marked spot you just created
4. Enable File-Resume Downloads in kmttg and then select the show in the listings and start jobs as normal
This will resume download from pause point so you can retrieve rest of the program. You will then need a video editor such as VideoRedo to put the 2 clips together.

That works, but it has failed in 2 more places, I think I am going to just give up.
muerte33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #3814
lpwcomp

Quote:
That works, but it has failed in 2 more places, I think I am going to just give up.
Is this wired or wireless?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #3815
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
You probably already understand this, but that's not really something that is a problem with kmttg. It's instead a problem with your local TV station or cable company. The "glitches" aren't something created there by the TiVo, they're in the MPEG stream that's recorded by the TiVo. (Of course TiVo should be much more robust than it is).

In my experience I've never run into this issue (but many other people in other areas have). So people reading this thread should know that in many areas of the country it's not a problem.
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #3816
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
I am having a similar problem in that several downloads get to approximately 90 to 95 ish percent and then just seem to hang. Hours later, they are not downloading and it is not network related, which I checked for. It seems to happen when i have several download jobs. I already have it configured to not check for disk space. Seems to happen whether a 2gb file or a 10 gb file, but not every time. Could it be a timeout setting on drive or network is too short?
I have seen this recently although I am not sure if it was size related or not. I have seen this twice recently where a show will start downloading and then just hang. The file size stops increasing and the time continues to increment. I tried rebooting my Tivo and then re-downloading the same show. It went through fine. Not sure if the Tivo reboot was the fix or not...but a data point for you.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #3817
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
I have seen this recently although I am not sure if it was size related or not. I have seen this twice recently where a show will start downloading and then just hang. The file size stops increasing and the time continues to increment. I tried rebooting my Tivo and then re-downloading the same show. It went through fine. Not sure if the Tivo reboot was the fix or not...but a data point for you.
Maybe it is related to the problem wireman mentioned originally and has been fixed in the latest update. I will apply and see if it keeps happening.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #3818
sanjonny

Have a strange thing happening where I can download a show, it completes but is missing the last 2 minutes of the show. I go to the tivo and they are there and show fine on the tivo (premiere).

I tried to use the resume download trick, but it still misses the show in the same place or close to it, within 20 secs or so, so I moved it after the problem area and got the following
Code:
>> RESUMING DOWNLOAD WITH OFFSET=2962489344 C:\tivo\tivo\Meatballs (18-02_04_2012).TiVo ...
C:\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\DOCUME~1\JONATH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie6634058060822684227.tmp --url http://192.168.0.34:80/download/Meatballs.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=569024 -C 2962489344 --output "C:\tivo\tivo\Meatballs (18-02_04_2012).TiVo" 
C:\tivo\tivo\Meatballs (18-02_04_2012).TiVo: size=0.12 MB elapsed=0:00:01 (1.00 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=download output=C:\tivo\tivo\Meatballs (18-02_04_2012).TiVo
It only downloaded about 128k and that was it, though again, should still be about 2 minutes left. I have not applied the q update yet, but wondering if this is related to it or not. Looking at the error, it shows only one second, but there is actually about 1 or 2 minutes from the pause point, and I also tried moving the pause point back 10 minutes earlier, but it cut out the same place.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #3819
wireman121

I have yet another feature request, since you've been so on top of incorporating them into the new releases-

Another option, with auto enabled, that would tell kmttg to delete files on the PC after a successful push to the TiVo. A way to do this would be to have it make a non-visible note in the meta file and then when it checks the playlist it can compare file sizes, and if they match, check the meta data to see if it has the note. assuming the transfer was complete, it would delete the original source files off the PC.

Pretty much one of the only things left to produce a seamless pull/adcut/push at this point...
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #3820
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
I have yet another feature request, since you've been so on top of incorporating them into the new releases-

Another option, with auto enabled, that would tell kmttg to delete files on the PC after a successful push to the TiVo. A way to do this would be to have it make a non-visible note in the meta file and then when it checks the playlist it can compare file sizes, and if they match, check the meta data to see if it has the note. assuming the transfer was complete, it would delete the original source files off the PC.

Pretty much one of the only things left to produce a seamless pull/adcut/push at this point...
A push only lasts a few seconds,then it disappears and there is no indication of a successful transfer, so a delete would happen prematurely.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #3821
wireman121

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
A push only lasts a few seconds,then it disappears and there is no indication of a successful transfer, so a delete would happen prematurely.
Right - But if you dont make the test for success revolve around the "push" event and instead let the test be its own entity, comparing the file on the TiVo to see if the file size and meta information match what is currently on the PC (which would confirm a successful push) and then deleteing related files off of the PC?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #3822
moyekj

Quote:
Right - But if you dont make the test for success revolve around the "push" event and instead let the test be its own entity, comparing the file on the TiVo to see if the file size and meta information match what is currently on the PC (which would confirm a successful push) and then deleteing related files off of the PC?
File size matching is not feasible. For mpeg2 the file format as stored on the TiVo is in a different format than when transferred via TTG so file sizes never match (it's always a little larger on the TiVo and the same applies to returning mpeg2 files to the TiVo). I think for H.264 they do match. The best place for post-push actions is in pyTivo since it knows when a successful push completes since it's the one serving up the file.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #3823
bzed

KMTTG, Comskip, and TS files

I realize this is not the comskip forum but I recently started using the FILES tab in kmttg_v0p8q. I have a large library of S3 and DTV files that were converted from .TY to .TS files by either S3tots or tytompg . I am trying to use KMTTG for qsfix, adscan, and adcut of the resulting .ts files files. The comskip website claims to support TS files, but for some reason comskip fails in the KMTTG process for the TS files I have tried with no vprj files being produced. Just curious if anyone has had this issue, and if there is a known fix, or perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Bill
bzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #3824
wireman121

moyekj,

what would you suggest via pytivo to handle this?
Old 02-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #3825
beberger

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, but does kmttg work with the new DirecTV TiVo units?

Thanks,

Bruce
beberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #3826
elprice7345

Can you make the Season pass list sortable by the column headings? Similar to the way the NPL lists are sortable.

This would help immensely for those of us with long Season Pass and Wish lists.

Thanks,
Ed
elprice7345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #3827
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
Can you make the Season pass list sortable by the column headings? Similar to the way the NPL lists are sortable.

This would help immensely for those of us with long Season Pass and Wish lists.

Thanks,
Ed
No, sorting is intentionally disabled in that table because of capability to change the priority order of the season passes. Allowing sorting would confuse and complicate being able to do that.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #3828
moyekj

Quote:
moyekj,

what would you suggest via pytivo to handle this?
Well, pyTivo spits out a message when it's done serving up a file, so you can find where in the python code that happens and add an optional file delete mechanism.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #3829
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Not exactly. If you were to look at the video file just as it was started its push, on the tivo, (press info or enter), you would see it shows the full file size even though the transfer was just started. So, a pushed 6gb file just started transferring, will show the 6gb even though it only received a few 100 megs.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #3830
cweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Originally Posted by cweb
Is it possible to have kmttg append a line of text to the metadata.txt file it creates (always the same line of text)?
You can probably do it using the "custom command" setting in kmttg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj
Use a decent editor (pretty much anything other than Notepad) and they will display metadata files as multiple lines. For example, Notepad++ on Windows.
I think he wants to do it automatically, not manually.
The reason I want to add the line of text, automatically, is I just found out (everyone else probably knew this) that if you add the line of text "image : folder.jpg" to your metadata.txt file, then poster art in your folder will show up in stream baby. It would be great if I could do this automatically for each .txt file kmttg creates.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #3831
AudioNutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
The reason I want to add the line of text, automatically, is I just found out (everyone else probably knew this) that if you add the line of text "image : folder.jpg" to your metadata.txt file, then poster art in your folder will show up in stream baby. It would be great if I could do this automatically for each .txt file kmttg creates.
The "Custom" command would work well for this.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #3832
rileyrd

Auto Transfer - Demux error on Mac

kmttg Newbie here so please forgive me if this has been answered before finding details in this thread can be overwelming:

I am getting Demux errors when trying to set up Auto Transfers. The below errors seem to happen no matter the file used. Any help would be appreciated.

2012_02_11_10:24:14 >> Running projectx demux on /Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG/CSI NY - The Ripple Effect (02_10_2012).mpg ...

2012_02_11_10:24:14 java -jar /Volumes/MINI-DATA/kmttg_v0p8q/ProjectX/ProjectX.jar "/Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG/CSI NY - The Ripple Effect (02_10_2012).mpg" -demux -out /Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG

2012_02_11_10:24:20 ERROR: Unable to find demux output log file: /Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG/CSI NY - The Ripple Effect (02_10_2012)_log.txt

2012_02_11_10:24:20 ERROR: Problem parsing demux log file: /Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG/CSI NY - The Ripple Effect (02_10_2012)_log.txt

2012_02_11_10:24:20 ERROR: No demux output files found
rileyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #3833
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyrd View Post
kmttg Newbie here so please forgive me if this has been answered before finding details in this thread can be overwelming:

I am getting Demux errors when trying to set up Auto Transfers. The below errors seem to happen no matter the file used. Any help would be appreciated.

2012_02_11_10:24:14 >> Running projectx demux on /Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG/CSI NY - The Ripple Effect (02_10_2012).mpg ...

2012_02_11_10:24:14 java -jar /Volumes/MINI-DATA/kmttg_v0p8q/ProjectX/ProjectX.jar "/Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG/CSI NY - The Ripple Effect (02_10_2012).mpg" -demux -out /Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG

2012_02_11_10:24:20 ERROR: Unable to find demux output log file: /Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG/CSI NY - The Ripple Effect (02_10_2012)_log.txt

2012_02_11_10:24:20 ERROR: Problem parsing demux log file: /Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG/CSI NY - The Ripple Effect (02_10_2012)_log.txt

2012_02_11_10:24:20 ERROR: No demux output files found
From a command prompt on your Mac run the ProjectX command indicated above to see if you are getting any errors:
Code:
java -jar /Volumes/MINI-DATA/kmttg_v0p8q/ProjectX/ProjectX.jar "/Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG/CSI NY - The Ripple Effect (02_10_2012).mpg" -demux -out /Volumes/MINI-DATA/Video/MPG

Old 02-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #3834
elprice7345

Quote:
No, sorting is intentionally disabled in that table because of capability to change the priority order of the season passes. Allowing sorting would confuse and complicate being able to do that.
If the table can't be sorted, can you add a search function on that screen?
elprice7345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #3835
Eamus Catuli

Question Audio glitch with 1080i 5.1 recordings

I've been using KMTTG for a while now, mostly with 480i Stereo stuff. This week I tried it with some 1080i 5.1 audio stuff and I noticed a popping sound in the audio every once in a while. I've spent some time today trying to isolate it and it looks like it is in the encoding step (for my iPod touch). Here's the command line from my encoding file:

HANDBRAKE -i INPUT --cpu CPU_CORES -t 1 -c 1 -f mp4 -X 480 -e x264 -q 20 -a 1 -E faac -B 128 -R 48 -6 dpl2 -D 2.4 -x level=30:cabac=0:ref=2:me=umh:bframes=0:subq=6:8x8dct=0:trel lis=0:weightb=0 -v 1 -o OUTPUT

Any suggestions to what I might try to fix the audio?

If I use the resulting mpg file from the decrypt stage in a program like videora, the audio is fine in the output file, but I'd rather use KMTTG all the way through.

Thanks for any advice!
Eamus Catuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #3836
cburbs

Quick question - I cancelled my tivo service and didn't think they would close it next day and I would like to move some shows off of it. Looks like once acct is closed the MAK is gone so kmtgg won't connect. Is there any other way to get my shows off of it. I know I can watch them still but I was looking to move a few more off of it.
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #3837
miricle

Has anyone been having issues downloading shows with version 0p8q? I just updated from 0p8l and everything was able to download properly there. I updated and see the following behavior:

1) I am able to get TV listings to see what is on my Tivo
2) I almost immediately get download errors and retries when downloading shows from a Premier Elite
3) I get downloads to start but then fail when downloading from a TivoHD. It appears as though the web server on the Tivo gave download errors which kmttg interpreted as a complete download but really was a html page containing HTTP errors
4) downloads work from a Series 2 box

I reverted back to my 0p8l install and everything resumed working. I was in a bit of a hurry to get stuff working and it didn't occur to me to save off the log file before reverting.

I upgrade by simply unzipping the new version and copying everything on top of my existing install.
miricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #3838
Eamus Catuli

Lightbulb Update to post 3835

I think I found my answer to the issue I reported in post 3835. I found there was a newer version of HandBrakeCLI.exe (link below) than I had previously and it appears to have solved the issue.

http://handbrake.fr/downloads2.php
Old 02-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #3839
Eamus Catuli

Thumbs down newer version of HandBrakeCLI.exe didn't solve it

The resulting file doesn't have the audio glitch when played on my PC, but now it won't load onto my ipod touch (2nd generation).

Back to the drawing board.

Last edited by Eamus Catuli : 02-13-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: details
Old 02-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #3840
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamus Catuli View Post
The resulting file doesn't have the audio glitch when played on my PC, but now it won't load onto my ipod touch (2nd generation).

Back to the drawing board.
Try ff_iphone or one of the ff_ipod* profiles.