TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
ssuchter

Series3 to Premiere loses XML TivoConnect response?

I've been running software for years that has downloaded the index using urls like this:

https://tivoip/nowplaying/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2FNowPlaying&R ecurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0&ItemCount=127

I used to get responses that were XML formatted, much like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>\n
<TiVoContainer>
<Detail>

I think that when viewed via a web browser, a client side XSLT transform made them pretty/human readable in a nice table.

But now with my new Premiere that HTML transform seems to be done server side, my new response appears to look like this:

<!-- Generated HTML --><html><head><title>Now Playing</title><link rel="stylesheet...

Is there a way to get the tivo to return XML? Perhaps some GET request option that I can't find documentation for?

Thanks, Sean
ssuchter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
ssuchter

correction

Ahem, sorry - my old tivo urls didn't have the /nowplaying/ in it, they were like this:

https://tivoip/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2FNowPlaying&R ecurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0&ItemCount=127

But that seems to get a completely blank response on the Premiere.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Yes, the XML is still available, as of 20.2.

You have an extraneous space in what you posted, between "R" and "ecurse". I fixed that, and tried your URL, and I also got a blank page. So I tried leaving out various parameters, and it worked with no ItemCount. Then I tried various counts, and found that it worked with 50 or below, and blanked with 51 or higher.

Edit: Interestingly, the default "shows per page" in pyTivo is 50, so we just missed seeing this there. Coincidence?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 02-12-2012 at 06:47 PM.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
moyekj

Yes, since 20.2 software TiVo significantly reduced the NPL items returned per query. With kmttg I don't give an ItemCount so never had issues, but I did notice it took additional queries to obtain full NPL compared to previous releases.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
ssuchter

Ah, thanks folks. Indeed, when I reduce the ItemCount from 127 to 50, it works with the /TivoConnect?... path. Odd that they seem to have another (new?) endpoint /nowplaying/TivoConnect that works with a higher ItemCount but only does HTML.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

That's the same HTML interface that's been there forever, it's just ignoring the "TiVoConnect" etc. part.

moyekj, I grepped kmttg for ItemCount and saw some places where it said ItemCount=5, so I assumed that's what you were doing. Then I came back here and read where you said it doesn't use ItemCount.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:29 AM   #7
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
moyekj, I grepped kmttg for ItemCount and saw some places where it said ItemCount=5, so I assumed that's what you were doing. Then I came back here and read where you said it doesn't use ItemCount.
There's some debug code in there for testing AnchorOffset and additional queries to get more items since I normally don't have long NPL lists, but it's normally turned off unless I'm specifically testing it.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote