TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #181
Innerloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes agreed. It's much easier to toggle CC on/off with standard remote now.
Is there a shortcut with other remotes?
Innerloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #182
P42

I agree that the SDUI background is very bland, but the way the bulbs would light up and flash annoyed my. I was aware that there was different colors to different sections, but not enough to have consciously memorized them, if I ever got lost I just hit the home button.

WTB: Sprint iPhone5s
P42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #183
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerloop View Post
Not sure if there is a "hard" remote to do it, but there are "software" remotes that use the telnet/crestron protocol to do it, such as:
tivoremote
or
kmttg remote control
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #184
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Not sure if this was intentional or accidental, but previously to toggle closed captions via the Banner display, it required more "down" clicks because the CC symbol was at or near the bottom of the icons available. Now I noticed its only 1 click from the starting point. So faster CC toggle on/off!
It depends on which tuner you are on; it is the third icon down, so most of the time, it would take 2 downs to reach it, then select to change it. But I think it used to also ask you a question when you selected it which it now doesn't?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #185
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
The postings about CC on/off have nothing to do with the remote. They are saying access to it on the menu is now easier because it changed location. (which I added to 3.1.3- order of menus changed)
Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #186
ADG
Allan

I don't recall that with the previous software I could watch a recorded show and bring up the info bar and see what is being recorded on the other channels, but now I can. Nice feature. And if it DID exist before I guess I missed it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #187
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
I don't recall that with the previous software I could watch a recorded show and bring up the info bar and see what is being recorded on the other channels, but now I can. Nice feature. And if it DID exist before I guess I missed it.
I am sure that has been there forever. You can even do that in the SDUI.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #188
ADG
Allan

Okay - just noticed it though. Thanks.

ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #189
bbrown9

Thumbs up

Quote:
Not sure if this was intentional or accidental, but previously to toggle closed captions via the Banner display, it required more "down" clicks because the CC symbol was at or near the bottom of the icons available. Now I noticed its only 1 click from the starting point. So faster CC toggle on/off!
Yes, I noticed this! It's great! If they had a remote button for it, it would be even better!
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #190
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown9 View Post
Yes, I noticed this! It's great! If they had a remote button for it, it would be even better!
+1 Another great suggestion. And it is really not hard for them to implement, and there are plenty of buttons to use.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #191
danjw1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
+1 Another great suggestion. And it is really not hard for them to implement, and there are plenty of buttons to use.
That is a hardware change, which is inherently hard. Unless, you intend them to change the usage of an existing button, but that would lead to confusion. I am all for accessibility, but I don't see that until the next generation of Tivos.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #192
Innerloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjw1 View Post
That is a hardware change, which is inherently hard. Unless, you intend them to change the usage of an existing button, but that would lead to confusion. I am all for accessibility, but I don't see that until the next generation of Tivos.
DOWN direction during playback is not currently bound to anything and binding UP to video format sets somewhat of a precedence.
Innerloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #193
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
? No, it is not a hardware change. TiVo can map any function they like through software to respond to any button on the remote.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #194
sbiller

I didn't see this on the OP update post.

In 14.9 the audio in the Preview window would periodically cut out when changing HDUI screens. It appears to be pretty solid right now and doesn't cut on when toggling between My Shows, Find Shows, etc.

When a user actually chooses to go back to Live TV there is a brief audio cut-out where it appears the TiVo re-tunes the channel that is in the preview window.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #195
jkudlacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post

In 14.9 the audio in the Preview window would periodically cut out when changing HDUI screens. It appears to be pretty solid right now and doesn't cut on when toggling between My Shows, Find Shows, etc.

When a user actually chooses to go back to Live TV there is a brief audio cut-out where it appears the TiVo re-tunes the channel that is in the preview window.
I actually had an instance where I lost all of my button audio when I went to My Tivo section, I managed to get it back after I went back to live TV and then hit the My Tivo button again. I don't recall exact steps to reproduce but I did loose audio for every menu change.
jkudlacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #196
sbiller

@tivodesign Blog Post: An Update for TiVo Premiere!

http://blog.tivo.com/2012/01/an-upda...tivo-premiere/
Old 01-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #197
andyf

Oooohhhh! Xfinity on Demand. Hopefully in my neck of the woods.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #198
danjw1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
Oooohhhh! Xfinity on Demand. Hopefully in my neck of the woods.
I think I saw something from CES that suggested it would be just 4 cities to start. I think it said Austin, TX as one of them.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #199
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
I think I saw something from CES that suggested it would be just 4 cities to start. I think it said Austin, TX as one of them.
It looks to be linked with Comcast, and AFAIK, there is no Comcast here in Austin.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #200
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG
The difference is now, on the Elite, you can go to a specific tuner instead of cycling through them.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #201
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post

I am a recent user of the HDUI, so forgive this question- is that a new behavior? Audio dropouts while switching from the TiVo menus to live (or the other way around) wouldn't seem all that unusual to me (since it is such a major change). HOWEVER, when going in and out of the new HDUI guide, there is no audio interruption, and it is pretty fast too.

But I cannot confirm your observation about audio dropping out when moving from one HD HDUI screen to another HD HDUI screen/menu. I tried everything I could, and never had any audio dropouts. Does anyone else have any audio dropouts at the exact time of changing from from HD HDUI screen to another?
Old 01-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #202
sbiller

Quote:
I am a recent user of the HDUI, so forgive this question- is that a new behavior? Audio dropouts while switching from the TiVo menus to live (or the other way around) wouldn't seem all that unusual to me (since it is such a major change). HOWEVER, when going in and out of the new HDUI guide, there is no audio interruption, and it is pretty fast too.

But I cannot confirm your observation about audio dropping out when moving from one HD HDUI screen to another HD HDUI screen/menu. I tried everything I could, and never had any audio dropouts. Does anyone else have any audio dropouts at the exact time of changing from from HD HDUI screen to another?
Yes. Its a new behavior. The audio used to drop out between every HDUI screen transition. Maybe someone else can confirm.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #203
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
The ability to switch audio stream (SAP) via the info button now actually works! I think this is the first time owning a TiVo where I got this to work.
This has always worked for me, but only during Live TV, not on playback of recordings. It used (?) to be that the TiVo would only record one soundtrack.

Some other comments on 20.2 here.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #204
jkudlacz

Quote:

Yes I have the same issue with my TIVO, this may be related to my SETUP, I am running HDMI cable from TIVO into my Surround Sound system and then from that unit HDMI to my TV.

I have a SONY BDV-IS1000 and my TV is SONY XBR-52HX909.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #205
jkudlacz

I think I found a possible bug.

I wanted to record the new show The Firm but I totally forgot it was on, fortunately one of my tuners was on that channel so I decided to go pull up Guide and click record and I selected a season pass for the show.

I though that this would record the whole show unfortunately, it only grabbed 1hour and 31 minutes of it, instead of the whole 2 hours and at that point show was running only for 60 min or so.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #206
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkudlacz View Post
I think I found a possible bug.

I wanted to record the new show The Firm but I totally forgot it was on, fortunately one of my tuners was on that channel so I decided to go pull up Guide and click record and I selected a season pass for the show.

I though that this would record the whole show unfortunately, it only grabbed 1hour and 31 minutes of it, instead of the whole 2 hours and at that point show was running only for 60 min or so.
The live buffer is only 30 min (on each "tuner"). So if you were 60 min into the show before you told it to record a 120 min program, it would only be able to capture 90 minutes of it. The first 30 min were simply not available. Not a bug, just the way it works with TiVo.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #207
jkudlacz

Quote:
The live buffer is only 30 min (on each "tuner"). So if you were 60 min into the show before you told it to record a 120 min program, it would only be able to capture 90 minutes of it. The first 30 min were simply not available. Not a bug, just the way it works with TiVo.
Cool thanks, I wish there was ability to increase it, to maybe 60min or 2 hours.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #208
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkudlacz View Post
Cool thanks, I wish there was ability to increase it, to maybe 60min or 2 hours.
That's been mentioned before. Certainly in this day of multi-terabyte drives, a 30-minute buffer seems ridiculously small. They should at least bump it to 60. And a user option would be better, of course.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #209
mumpower

"1.2.3 Closed captions no longer appear on the screen while using 1xFF+ (first fast play) while in the SDUI or HDUI. Margret later explained it was due to technical reasons and implied this feature will not return."

Is there a way we can reject and/or undo updates? This is a seminal usage of the TiVo for me. I'd rather have 14.9 or whatever indefinitely than a new update that removes this functionality, which is critical to how I watch programs.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #210
teewow

How about Amazon Prime Instant Videos ?
teewow is offline   Reply With Quote