TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #3751
sanjonny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggt007 View Post
thanks for the advice. not sure what i changed, maybe new version of kmttg? but now using qs fix fixes the audio issue! cant really fast forward or rewind but i think that is an adcut issue that doesnt bother me too much..

my request, i dont think kmttg allows it right now..
i dont encode, instead i want the qs fixed (when i dont adcut) mpg to be output to my nas while the decrypted tivo file is output to my local d drive for further processing. in other words, a qs fixed output directory setting.
Actually you can do that in a few diff ways, but the decrypted tivo file is a mpg file not a tivo file in general, as the tivo will play it back and many other players will too, but not as a decrypted tivo file.

To diff ways of looking at the same thing. Really, there is no advantage to keeping the file before qsfixing, unless you have a problem with that process itself. Processing of the qsfixed mpg is the best way to go, because any other processing works better after the different errors are removed. What you could do to accomplish a similar thing is to have it qsfix the file, then copy that file to the nas (via the custom commands-essentially create a copy command on the encode setting to copy the qsfixed mpg to the nas) and then you have the original qsfixed mpg still available for any other processing or commercial cuts you want to do. However, since about 1/3 of your file size is commercials and high def files are large, unless you have a huge and i mean huge nas, it will start getting full and if you instead copied the cut files to it, you could essentially fit 1/3 more. For example, i have a 5 tb nas that is full of compacted files 10gb shrunk down to one or sone even more shrunk and two other 2gb portable drives that plugin to the nas that are half full each. The space adds up quicker than you think.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #3752
wdoerf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
126 pages! That's a lot of info...

...too much in fact to sift through, so I'll just ask.

I have 2 Tivo's (S3 and XL). I've got a slightly-old Dell laptop running Vista sitting in a closet running Galleon and Tivo Desktop. I tried to use Galleon to serve the shows back to the Tivo, but for some reason or other it's just not working so I'm using the free Tivo Desktop to do that.

I use Galleon for the HME to transfer shows off either Tivo without having to touch a computer, and then Tivo Desktop makes them available to transfer back if I so wish. This setup is still evolving (and is in fact only 2 weeks old) as I'm trying to do something very specific here.


What I would like to do is this:
Transfer shows off Tivo using HME or similar (as Galleon does now for example)
Transfer shows back from storage as Tivo Desktop does now.
AUTOMATICALLY convert the .tivo files to mpeg 2 and/or 4 after they are transferred to storage.


The auto conversion is where I'm hung up. See, I have a Roku box (nice toy) and a newer Samsung TV with their SmartHub thingy built-in. Both the Roku and the TV can play (most) mp4 files by themselves, the TV doing it through the AllShare software and the Roku in my case using a freebie server package and add-in Channel.

I idea behind it all is simple: Keep the wife happy and off my back.

She'd like to be able to watch whatever Tivo shows we've saved out on the other TV's in the house. I'd thought the Roku would do this via Plex server, but the Tivo plug-in for Plex is Mac only and I don't have a Mac computer anywhere. If I can get things converted automatically, then I won't need any extra special plug-ins and stuff, Plex will just serve it up to the Roku and all is well.


The plan is to have a Tivo in the living room, Tivo in the bedroom, SmartTV in the family room (with game consoles and stuff on it), and the Roku in another bedroom.

In order for that plan to work, I need the .tivo files to be converted to mpeg (preferrably with zero-loss, I don't care about the file size) as they are moved off the Tivo's. Automatic. No user interaction required after initiating the transfer.

I'm hung up at the automatic part. I'm not talking about automatically transferring shows off the Tivo, but automatically converting them after they've been copied off. I was thinking it would be nice to transfer them off via the Galleon HME (or similar) to some temp folder on my home storage, have some application watching that folder and automatically convert the .tivo files as they show up and move/save them to another folder, and that other folder will be the one that Tivo Desktop see's along with the Roku and the Samsung TV (I'll load the AllShare software onto this computer as well to share the folder out to the TV).

Any thoughts?
wdoerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #3753
caddyroger
Registered User
 
caddyroger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Some where out west
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoerf View Post
...too much in fact to sift through, so I'll just ask.

I have 2 Tivo's (S3 and XL). I've got a slightly-old Dell laptop running Vista sitting in a closet running Galleon and Tivo Desktop. I tried to use Galleon to serve the shows back to the Tivo, but for some reason or other it's just not working so I'm using the free Tivo Desktop to do that.

I use Galleon for the HME to transfer shows off either Tivo without having to touch a computer, and then Tivo Desktop makes them available to transfer back if I so wish. This setup is still evolving (and is in fact only 2 weeks old) as I'm trying to do something very specific here.


What I would like to do is this:
Transfer shows off Tivo using HME or similar (as Galleon does now for example)
Transfer shows back from storage as Tivo Desktop does now.
AUTOMATICALLY convert the .tivo files to mpeg 2 and/or 4 after they are transferred to storage.


The auto conversion is where I'm hung up. See, I have a Roku box (nice toy) and a newer Samsung TV with their SmartHub thingy built-in. Both the Roku and the TV can play (most) mp4 files by themselves, the TV doing it through the AllShare software and the Roku in my case using a freebie server package and add-in Channel.

I idea behind it all is simple: Keep the wife happy and off my back.

She'd like to be able to watch whatever Tivo shows we've saved out on the other TV's in the house. I'd thought the Roku would do this via Plex server, but the Tivo plug-in for Plex is Mac only and I don't have a Mac computer anywhere. If I can get things converted automatically, then I won't need any extra special plug-ins and stuff, Plex will just serve it up to the Roku and all is well.


The plan is to have a Tivo in the living room, Tivo in the bedroom, SmartTV in the family room (with game consoles and stuff on it), and the Roku in another bedroom.

In order for that plan to work, I need the .tivo files to be converted to mpeg (preferrably with zero-loss, I don't care about the file size) as they are moved off the Tivo's. Automatic. No user interaction required after initiating the transfer.

I'm hung up at the automatic part. I'm not talking about automatically transferring shows off the Tivo, but automatically converting them after they've been copied off. I was thinking it would be nice to transfer them off via the Galleon HME (or similar) to some temp folder on my home storage, have some application watching that folder and automatically convert the .tivo files as they show up and move/save them to another folder, and that other folder will be the one that Tivo Desktop see's along with the Roku and the Samsung TV (I'll load the AllShare software onto this computer as well to share the folder out to the TV).

Any thoughts?
Have you tried KMTTG it will change your programs to mpeg. It will automatically down load and encode the file and save it to a folder of your choice. I do not know if mpeg or mpg is the same I use KMTTG to change it to mpg.
__________________
Caddy
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #3754
wdoerf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
Have you tried KMTTG it will change your programs to mpeg. It will automatically down load and encode the file and save it to a folder of your choice. I do not know if mpeg or mpg is the same I use KMTTG to change it to mpg.
From what I've read, KMTTG does auto transfers of shows much like Tivo Desktop does, and the conversion process is not entirely automatic (you have to manually start it in some cases). That's not what I need.


I need something that will basically watch a file folder, and automatically convert a file when it shows up there, move the converted file to another folder and delete the original (if still present) or something to that effect.

I'm beginning to think I'll have to write some kind of wrapper or agent that'll sit there quietly, checking the folder every couple minutes or something, and then when a completed copy/download shows up (as opposed to one that is still in progress) it'll fire off ffmpeg or something to the conversion, copy the file out to another folder, and then wait for another .tivo file to show up and do it all again.

I'm just not sure how to go about doing that. I have some programming experience in Visual Basic.NET so I could write something for a Windows machine, but I've never done anything like what I'm looking for before. I was hoping that someone would've already discovered something and could point me to it.
wdoerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #3755
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoerf View Post
From what I've read, KMTTG does auto transfers of shows much like Tivo Desktop does, and the conversion process is not entirely automatic (you have to manually start it in some cases). That's not what I need.
I don't know what you read that gave you that impression, but kmttg will automatically transfer and convert to mpg w/o any manual intervention.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoerf View Post
I need something that will basically watch a file folder, and automatically convert a file when it shows up there, move the converted file to another folder and delete the original (if still present) or something to that effect.
Unless you are talking about deleting it from the TiVo, kmttg is all that is necessary. You can configure it to look for episodes to show up on a TiVo, transfer to the computer, decrypt it, and delete the .tivo file. The decrypt step creates a standard mpg file.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #3756
greggt007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Actually you can do that in a few diff ways, but the decrypted tivo file is a mpg file not a tivo file in general, as the tivo will play it back and many other players will too, but not as a decrypted tivo file.

To diff ways of looking at the same thing. Really, there is no advantage to keeping the file before qsfixing, unless you have a problem with that process itself. Processing of the qsfixed mpg is the best way to go, because any other processing works better after the different errors are removed. What you could do to accomplish a similar thing is to have it qsfix the file, then copy that file to the nas (via the custom commands-essentially create a copy command on the encode setting to copy the qsfixed mpg to the nas) and then you have the original qsfixed mpg still available for any other processing or commercial cuts you want to do. However, since about 1/3 of your file size is commercials and high def files are large, unless you have a huge and i mean huge nas, it will start getting full and if you instead copied the cut files to it, you could essentially fit 1/3 more. For example, i have a 5 tb nas that is full of compacted files 10gb shrunk down to one or sone even more shrunk and two other 2gb portable drives that plugin to the nas that are half full each. The space adds up quicker than you think.
yea i hadnt thought of that, i could just create (unless there is one out there already) an encoding profile that just copies from my local drive to nas.

i dont adcut some shows, either stuff from hbo (with little savings) or shows that my wife needs to have the recap at the beginning (as i often find the recap to be removed with adcut), as the space savings obviously isnt worth the processing time.

qs fix is great. but is there a way to have it remux right after being demuxed instead of throwing that down at the bottom of the queue? right now i might transfer say 6 shows decrypt them, then qsfix em so they are demuxed, then it does the other five shows before it can remux that first show, so nothing is watchable for a long time...
greggt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #3757
wdoerf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
I think I've got this figured out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I don't know what you read that gave you that impression, but kmttg will automatically transfer and convert to mpg w/o any manual intervention.

Unless you are talking about deleting it from the TiVo, kmttg is all that is necessary. You can configure it to look for episodes to show up on a TiVo, transfer to the computer, decrypt it, and delete the .tivo file. The decrypt step creates a standard mpg file.

Yes, yes, KMTTG will auto transfer and decode and wahtever and that's all well and good, but your missing my point and my specific need.

I DON'T NEED to setup automatic transfers of shows from the Tivo to storage. If that was all I wanted, I'd use Tivo Desktop and be done.

I DO NEED to automatically decode WHATEVER .tivo file shows up.

I use Gallean HME to transfer shows off the Tivo, using the Tivo remote control that I already have in my hand while I'm sitting on the couch. After Gallean transfers it to my stroage, then I need it to be converted. I would like that to happen completely automatically.


So, in keeping with my need and the fact that I don't usually find the software that I need on Web, I'm creating my own little app.

I'd post a pic or link, but I can't yet.

This will watch the folder, act on a specific file or file extension as it shows up, save the result somewhere else, and then toast the original file if I need it to. So, I could put in an FFMPEG command string in there, tell it to watch for .tivo files, and save the decoded file somewhere else. And it'll sit there all day and night just waiting for a file to get dumped in it's lap.

THAT is what I needed. I just thought that maybe somebody else out in the world had come up with a better option than this already. My app isn't done yet (I'm about half-way I guess) but I should be ready by Monday I suppose.
wdoerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #3758
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoerf View Post
Yes, yes, KMTTG will auto transfer and decode and wahtever and that's all well and good, but your missing my point and my specific need.
I was responding to your specific statement that the conversion process wasn't automatic and that some manual intervention was required. That and the fact that you posted this in the kmttg thread.

As far as your specific need - I've never used Galleon, but if it can be configured to move the .tivo file to another directory when the transfer is complete, you could set up Direct Show Dump Utility to automatically monitor that directory, decode the .tivo file and delete it.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #3759
wdoerf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I was responding to your specific statement that the conversion process wasn't automatic and that some manual intervention was required. That and the fact that you posted this in the kmttg thread.

As far as your specific need - I've never used Galleon, but if it can be configured to move the .tivo file to another directory when the transfer is complete, you could set up Direct Show Dump Utility to automatically monitor that directory, decode the .tivo file and delete it.
And so it does! Never read anything about it doing that anywhere.

So is there a website or current version somehwere? What I found was an older forum post, and DSD that requires .NET 1.1!
wdoerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #3760
wdoerf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoerf View Post
And so it does! Never read anything about it doing that anywhere.

So is there a website or current version somehwere? What I found was an older forum post, and DSD that requires .NET 1.1!

DirectShowDump isn't working, program is producing useless 0byte files. Can't find a website or anything for it, so I don't know what I need to do.

Trying KMTTG, but my only issue is that it doesn't monitor a folder for changes, and apparently TivoDecode inside of KMTTG is having problems too:

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 31 0 31 0 0 220 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 220
0 31 0 31 0 0 220 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
0 31 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
0 31 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error
ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM


0 31 0 19582 0 0 12808 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 52218
curl: (23) Failed writing body (898 != 1460)



This really sucks.
wdoerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #3761
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoerf View Post
...apparently TivoDecode inside of KMTTG is having problems too:...
This has come up multiple times in this thread. tivodecode cannot properly decrypt .TiVo files in mpeg2 Transport Stream format (AKA TS or Fast Downloads). If using tivodecode to decrypt you have to download .TiVo files in traditional mpeg2 Program Stream format and then it works fine.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #3762
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggt007 View Post
qs fix is great. but is there a way to have it remux right after being demuxed instead of throwing that down at the bottom of the queue? right now i might transfer say 6 shows decrypt them, then qsfix em so they are demuxed, then it does the other five shows before it can remux that first show, so nothing is watchable for a long time...
Under kmttg config-Program Options what do you have "active job limit" setting at? kmttg will only perform that many "active" tasks in parallel at once. If you increase that number sufficiently it should run the remux jobs while other active tasks are still running.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 01-14-2012 at 12:17 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #3763
MrPaulAR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 13
I've been using KMTTG for quite some time and just a few weeks ago it started timing out when fetching the nowshoing information. Times out with both curl & java downloader after 2 minutes. It always says for me to check the MAK.

Code:
>> Getting Now Playing List from TivoHD ...
curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\PAULTH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie9203503626968516704.tmp --url https://10.1.1.2/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0 --output C:\Users\PAULTH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL554425163991960278.tmp 
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from TivoHD
Exit code: 52
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

  0    31    0    31    0     0    146      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   146
  0    31    0    31    0     0    145      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:01 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:02 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:03 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:04 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:05 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:06 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:07 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:08 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:09 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:10 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:11 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:12 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:13 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:14 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:15 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:16 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:17 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:18 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:19 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:20 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:21 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:22 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:23 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:24 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:25 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:26 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:27 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:28 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:29 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:30 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:31 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:32 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:33 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:34 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:35 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:36 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:37 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:38 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:39 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:40 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:41 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:42 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:43 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:44 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:45 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:46 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:47 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:48 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:49 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:50 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:51 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:52 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:53 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:54 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:55 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:56 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:57 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:58 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:59 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:00 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:01 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:02 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:03 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:04 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:05 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:06 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:07 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:08 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:09 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:10 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:11 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:12 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:13 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:14 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:15 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:16 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:17 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:18 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:19 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:20 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:21 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:22 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:23 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:24 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:25 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:26 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:27 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:28 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:29 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:30 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:31 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:32 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:33 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:34 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:35 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:36 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:37 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:38 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:39 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:40 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:41 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:42 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:43 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:44 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:45 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:46 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:47 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:48 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:49 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:50 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:51 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:52 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:53 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:54 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:55 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:56 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:57 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:58 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:01:59 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:02:00 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:02:01 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:02:02 --:--:--     0
  0    31    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:02:02 --:--:--     0
curl: (52) Empty reply from server

I've tested the server by opeing a new session in my browser and copy pasting the MAK in the auth box and it works fine. I've upgraded kmttg to the lastes release and no change. Suggestions?
MrPaulAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #3764
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPaulAR View Post
I've been using KMTTG for quite some time and just a few weeks ago it started timing out when fetching the nowshoing information. Times out with both curl & java downloader after 2 minutes.
Have you rebooted the TiVo? That usually fixes such problems.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #3765
sanjonny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoerf View Post
DirectShowDump isn't working, program is producing useless 0byte files. Can't find a website or anything for it, so I don't know what I need to do.

Trying KMTTG, but my only issue is that it doesn't monitor a folder for changes, and apparently TivoDecode inside of KMTTG is having problems too:

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 31 0 31 0 0 220 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 220
0 31 0 31 0 0 220 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
0 31 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
0 31 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error
ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM


0 31 0 19582 0 0 12808 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 52218
curl: (23) Failed writing body (898 != 1460)



This really sucks.
I use and have used galleon in the past too, but i dont really get why you are making such a big deal about watching folders but have a solution for you if needed, but here is my suggestion instead, use kmttg to transfer the files and process them, it takes away the folder monitoring that isnt needed unless for some reason you developed galleon and have custom coding that you have to run.

Essentially you want to take shows of the tivo and process them, that is what kmttg does, there is no need to use galleon for that task. I see no additional advantage in trasferring the shows using galleon and then monitoringto folder for the file to be transferred to finish and then process it, vs a program that is designed and works well to do just that.(kmttg) As you know, to transfer more than one file via galleon take an awful lot more button clicks and such than to do it via kmttg anyway. And if you are doing multiple files, why not save the effort and just click them in kmttg, if you are only doing one file every so often, than why the big push to automatically scan folders and such. I by nature am lazy, so doing the least amount of work to accomplish a goal is what makes sense to me. If you want to process several files, you have much less effort and more control with kmttg. If you are only doing one file once in a blue moon, then just do it manually.

But if for some reason you like to do extra work, you could use galleon to drop the files into a folder and then use the videoredo processing which includes a folder monitor to decrypt the files and other processing as needed. Or there are several other utils out there to folder monitor and scan and then you can run command line decrypt and other commands(tivodecode and such) using those utilities. But i fail to see why or what advantage that is when you have a java program that already does exactly the same thing and is customizable to run almost anything as a custom command or script on the file as part of the processing. If you explain what extra you need, we might be able to help you, though as you probably know, complaining about how things suck and such is not likely to get too many people to help you with anything, especially when you are complaining about things that are well known workarounds and such in the same thread you are asking questions about.

Last edited by sanjonny : 01-14-2012 at 02:52 PM.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #3766
sanjonny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggt007 View Post
yea i hadnt thought of that, i could just create (unless there is one out there already) an encoding profile that just copies from my local drive to nas.

i dont adcut some shows, either stuff from hbo (with little savings) or shows that my wife needs to have the recap at the beginning (as i often find the recap to be removed with adcut), as the space savings obviously isnt worth the processing time.

qs fix is great. but is there a way to have it remux right after being demuxed instead of throwing that down at the bottom of the queue? right now i might transfer say 6 shows decrypt them, then qsfix em so they are demuxed, then it does the other five shows before it can remux that first show, so nothing is watchable for a long time...
If you dont have enough processing power or whatever, another workaround is to select a few files and qsfix them, then select them to remux right away (why are you demuxing and remuxing anyway?) so select star wars to qsfix without any further processing, hit start, select it to remux, hit start, select star wars 2 to qsfix, hit start, then select it to remux, hit start, etc. It is double the work but since kmttg currently only processes inline and you cant manually start just one process in the queue out of order, you can pla e them in tbe queue in order.

If some sunny day, moyek decides to allow use to either reorder the queue or manually process line items or whatever, then you could say right click on the remux process and have it run right after qsfix.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #3767
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
I use and have used galleon in the past too, but i dont really get why you are making such a big deal about watching folders but have a solution for you if needed, but here is my suggestion instead, use kmttg to transfer the files and process them, it takes away the folder monitoring that isnt needed unless for some reason you developed galleon and have custom coding that you have to run.

Essentially you want to take shows of the tivo and process them, that is what kmttg does, there is no need to use galleon for that task. I see no additional advantage in trasferring the shows using galleon and then monitoringto folder for the file to be transferred to finish and then process it, vs a program that is designed and works well to do just that.(kmttg) As you know, to transfer more than one file via galleon take an awful lot more button clicks and such than to do it via kmttg anyway. And if you are doing multiple files, why not save the effort and just click them in kmttg, if you are only doing one file every so often, than why the big push to automatically scan folders and such. I by nature am lazy, so doing the least amount of work to accomplish a goal is what makes sense to me. If you want to process several files, you have much less effort and more control with kmttg. If you are only doing one file once in a blue moon, then just do it manually.

But if for some reason you like to do extra work, you could use galleon to drop the files into a folder and then use the videoredo processing which includes a folder monitor to decrypt the files and other processing as needed. Or there are several other utils out there to folder monitor and scan and then you can run command line decrypt and other commands(tivodecode and such) using those utilities. But i fail to see why or what advantage that is when you have a java program that already does exactly the same thing and is customizable to run almost anything as a custom command or script on the file as part of the processing. If you explain what extra you need, we might be able to help you, though as you probably know, complaining about how things suck and such is not likely to get too many people to help you with anything, especially when you are complaining about things that are well known workarounds and such in the same thread you are asking questions about.
Boy are you gonna get it! Worse than I did. He wants to initiate the process from the TiVo rather than the computer. He can already initiate the transfer that way, he just wants the computer to automatically decode the transferred files.

What he needs to do at this point is to configure Galleon so that the transfer is done in PS mode rather than TS.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:46 AM   #3768
wdoerf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
I use and have used galleon in the past too, but i dont really get why you are making such a big deal about watching folders but have a solution for you if needed, but here is my suggestion instead, use kmttg to transfer the files and process them, it takes away the folder monitoring that isnt needed unless for some reason you developed galleon and have custom coding that you have to run.

Essentially you want to take shows of the tivo and process them, that is what kmttg does, there is no need to use galleon for that task. I see no additional advantage in trasferring the shows using galleon and then monitoringto folder for the file to be transferred to finish and then process it, vs a program that is designed and works well to do just that.(kmttg) As you know, to transfer more than one file via galleon take an awful lot more button clicks and such than to do it via kmttg anyway. And if you are doing multiple files, why not save the effort and just click them in kmttg, if you are only doing one file every so often, than why the big push to automatically scan folders and such. I by nature am lazy, so doing the least amount of work to accomplish a goal is what makes sense to me. If you want to process several files, you have much less effort and more control with kmttg. If you are only doing one file once in a blue moon, then just do it manually.

But if for some reason you like to do extra work, you could use galleon to drop the files into a folder and then use the videoredo processing which includes a folder monitor to decrypt the files and other processing as needed. Or there are several other utils out there to folder monitor and scan and then you can run command line decrypt and other commands(tivodecode and such) using those utilities. But i fail to see why or what advantage that is when you have a java program that already does exactly the same thing and is customizable to run almost anything as a custom command or script on the file as part of the processing. If you explain what extra you need, we might be able to help you, though as you probably know, complaining about how things suck and such is not likely to get too many people to help you with anything, especially when you are complaining about things that are well known workarounds and such in the same thread you are asking questions about.
I'ts not a matter of extra work. I'm actually trying to make it simple so my wife will do this.

I want to do everything (moving shows off, transferring them back) using the Tivo remote. I don't want to sit at a computer to do it. This I already have working (via Galleon).

What I need is to automatically decode those transferred show files when they arrive at the server so I can play them on my Roku as well. Then my wife can also watch 'TV' on the television that isn't connected to the local Cable Co.

My issue is that so far nothing has been able to do that last part. I'm almost ready to drop a couple hundred $$ on an older model Mac Mini to run Plex Media Server on it for the Roku. Plex has a Tivo plugin, but that plugin only runs on Mac (not Windows or Linux).
wdoerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #3769
wdoerf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Boy are you gonna get it! Worse than I did. He wants to initiate the process from the TiVo rather than the computer. He can already initiate the transfer that way, he just wants the computer to automatically decode the transferred files.

What he needs to do at this point is to configure Galleon so that the transfer is done in PS mode rather than TS.
Any hints on how to do that?
wdoerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #3770
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoerf View Post
Any hints on how to do that?
Nope. Sorry. Never used Galleon.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #3771
lillevig
Hot in West Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Angelo, TX
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
This has come up multiple times in this thread. tivodecode cannot properly decrypt .TiVo files in mpeg2 Transport Stream format (AKA TS or Fast Downloads). If using tivodecode to decrypt you have to download .TiVo files in traditional mpeg2 Program Stream format and then it works fine.
Ok, just showing my ignorance here. I installed kmttg and downloaded a movie from my Tivo using the ff_h264_high_rate format and it created a .Tivo file just like what I got from Tivo Desktop. What am I missing to get it into some sort of standard mpeg file format so it will play on an external media player like WD TV Live or even directly on my TV (via USB flash drive) which likes mpeg files?
__________________
"I'm just one story in a two story town." Bon Jovi
lillevig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #3772
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay
 
ThAbtO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
Ok, just showing my ignorance here. I installed kmttg and downloaded a movie from my Tivo using the ff_h264_high_rate format and it created a .Tivo file just like what I got from Tivo Desktop. What am I missing to get it into some sort of standard mpeg file format so it will play on an external media player like WD TV Live or even directly on my TV (via USB flash drive) which likes mpeg files?
Use Decode instead of Encode on KMTTG.
__________________
Series 2 (PLS, sold)
TiVo HD 1TB (157 HD Hrs, PLS, "652")
Roamio! Oh, wait, Its Juliet!
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #3773
lillevig
Hot in West Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Angelo, TX
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Use Decode instead of Encode on KMTTG.
Just to be clear, I didn't click on "encode" prior to the download but, in any case, it looks like I need to click the "decrypt" box before starting the job. I assume that's what you meant by "decode".
__________________
"I'm just one story in a two story town." Bon Jovi
lillevig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #3774
lillevig
Hot in West Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Angelo, TX
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Use Decode instead of Encode on KMTTG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
Just to be clear, I didn't click on "encode" prior to the download but, in any case, it looks like I need to click the "decrypt" box before starting the job. I assume that's what you meant by "decode".
I started the job but it looks like it is downloading the .Tivo file and has the decrypt job queued up. So it looks like I will end up with both types of files upon completion. True?
__________________
"I'm just one story in a two story town." Bon Jovi
lillevig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #3775
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay
 
ThAbtO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
I started the job but it looks like it is downloading the .Tivo file and has the decrypt job queued up. So it looks like I will end up with both types of files upon completion. True?
Yes, but there is a setting to delete the .tivo file after the decrypt automatically.
__________________
Series 2 (PLS, sold)
TiVo HD 1TB (157 HD Hrs, PLS, "652")
Roamio! Oh, wait, Its Juliet!
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #3776
lillevig
Hot in West Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Angelo, TX
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Yes, but there is a setting to delete the .tivo file after the decrypt automatically.
Thanks for your help.
__________________
"I'm just one story in a two story town." Bon Jovi
lillevig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #3777
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
I started the job but it looks like it is downloading the .Tivo file and has the decrypt job queued up. So it looks like I will end up with both types of files upon completion. True?
The steps you need to perform are decrypt and encode. The decrypt will produce an mpg and the encode will create the h264 file. There is a configuration option for each step to delete the source file for that step upon completion. You can also specify a destination directory for each step.

The settings are under File->Configure->File Settings
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #3778
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay
 
ThAbtO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,908
I was playing around with v0p8o and discovered that after selecting multiple jobs with metadata/download, etc. Kmttg would do all the metadata jobs first.

Is that something new?
__________________
Series 2 (PLS, sold)
TiVo HD 1TB (157 HD Hrs, PLS, "652")
Roamio! Oh, wait, Its Juliet!
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #3779
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I was playing around with v0p8o and discovered that after selecting multiple jobs with metadata/download, etc. Kmttg would do all the metadata jobs first.

Is that something new?
One of main changes in v0p8o was applying configured delay to all download tasks (including metadata) to ensure TiVo web server doesn't get into "server busy" state, so it could affect the timing such that metadata tasks all run first.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #3780
MrPaulAR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Have you rebooted the TiVo? That usually fixes such problems.
Yes, I've rebooted twice since I started troubleshooting. I also removed just about every show & suggestion except the few I wanted to transfer. Still no luck.
MrPaulAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |