TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

HDUI: delete + move = 2 redraws

HDUI- If you are in Suggestions (or presumably any folder) and delete a program by pressing "clear", it will place an "X" on it, move you to the next menu entry, wait a moment, then redraw the screen. But if you delete a program and then move the cursor to another program other than the next in the menu list, the screen will redraw not once, but TWICE. It is annoying enough to have the screen redraw once while I am trying to read, but twice is crazy.

I do not generally use the HDUI, so I do not know if this is a new bad behavior that appeared in 20.2, in 14.9, or perhaps it has always been there. Comments?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
moyekj

Yes I think HDUI is re-drawing a couple of times after deleting when it updates the disk used percentage below My Shows text.

I also have run into cases when viewing To Do List and just leaving it sitting there it updates the screen many, many times in a row.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes I think HDUI is re-drawing a couple of times after deleting when it updates the disk used percentage below My Shows text.

I also have run into cases when viewing To Do List and just leaving it sitting there it updates the screen many, many times in a row.
Havent had that issue. if i click, delete, the X shows up then the programs just move up
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yeah, but it is NEW behavior? And to which release?

Quote:
Actually, I have seen that behavior too, but while sitting on HDUI TiVo Central. It seemed to be doing some type of refresh once every second, over and over. And a little triangle was blipping on the lower right with each refresh. I thought it was a fluke. Since I can't remember the situation, I couldn't really document it as a bug

Last edited by crxssi : 01-13-2012 at 01:17 PM.
crxssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnurd View Post
Havent had that issue. if i click, delete, the X shows up then the programs just move up
Please re-read the description. Did you press delete, then press the down arrow to move the cursor down one or more clicks immediately after (for example, because you KNOW you don't want to delete the next program and want to see the following)?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
compnurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Please re-read the description. Did you press delete, then press the down arrow to move the cursor down one or more clicks immediately after (for example, because you KNOW you don't want to delete the next program and want to see the following)?
Got ya. Just tried that and no same behavior i said before, except the cursor moves up with the new program i just selected
Old 01-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Got ya. Just tried that and no same behavior i said before, except the cursor moves up with the new program i just selected
Now you confused me Did you mean "got the same behavior" instead of "no same behavior"? Or did you mean "did not get the same behavior"? So you did or did not see two screen redraws?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
compnurd

I dont see the re-draws on either of my boxes
Old 01-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I dont see the re-draws on either of my boxes
Interesting. Just tested it again. Now it is not doing it on mine. I swear it was. I tried it several times and it redrew twice every time. When I gather more things to delete, I will keep trying various stuff to see if I can make it happen again.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
Interesting. Just tested it again. Now it is not doing it on mine. I swear it was. I tried it several times and it redrew twice every time. When I gather more things to delete, I will keep trying various stuff to see if I can make it happen again.
And last night, I had a session where it redrew twice every time again (I wasn't experimenting). I still can't determine the conditions under which it does or does not occur; although I started the session by stop+deleting two programs that were recording (and one deleted, the other did not, which is another bug).
Old 01-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #11
oViTynoT
Obvious Forum Lurker

Yup... Ditto here.. Doesn't do it EVERY time, but it does it enough to be frustrating slow...

And coupled with the annoying "This group is empty and no longer needed..." bug, HMPH!
oViTynoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
moyekj

I was getting this all the time. I threw in the towel and went back to trusty SDUI yesterday after trying to use the HDUI over a week. HDUI is still too slow and glitchy for me to tolerate.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Bug still present in 20.2.1.1