TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #3721
moyekj

Doubt a tablet can run a full blown Java app such as this. In any case there's not much point in trying since most/all the helper programs like tivodecode, ffmpeg, etc. won't run on the tablet anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #3722
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by avpman2 View Post
Java is loaded somewhere on the tablet because I can access webpages I built with heave javascript code.
Java and JavaScript are unrelated, aside from the misleading name.

To confuse you further, Android is actually built on Java, sort of -- it runs Java code on a virtual machine that isn't the Java Virtual Machine, using a non-standard standard library. This is all on top of a Linux base -- for which you can build standard non-GUI Linux apps (like tivodecode and ffmpeg). I think the latter would actually be the easy part. Porting a standard Java GUI to Android, I dunno.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #3723
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
v0p8n version just released. Principal changes/fixes for this release:
* When ProjectX enabled don't skip "QS Fix" task as was case in previous release when "Ad Cut" is also enabled since "Ad Detect" can benefit from "QS Fix"
* Apply download start delay for all download tasks, including metadata tasks, in order to avoid failures for consecutive download tasks
See release_notes Wiki page for full details of changes/fixes.
Did you add a tab/table for which characters can be replaced by another character, and have it user configurable, ie: " (double quote) is replaced by '' (2 single quotes), foreign characters such as accented é (such as the é in Béyonce) be replaced by the regular E, etc., instead of just deleting those said characters.

User configurable would allow all systems, from PC to MAC to Linux, to work.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 01-07-2012 at 07:19 PM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #3724
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Did you add a tab/table for which characters can be replaced by another character, and have it user configurable, ie: " (double quote) is replaced by '' (2 single quotes), foreign characters such as accented é (such as the é in Béyonce) be replaced by the regular E, etc., instead of just deleting those said characters.

User configurable would allow all systems, from PC to MAC to Linux, to work.
No. Some characters in file names cause problems when used with the various helper programs, so making it user-configurable aside from complexity in doing so just opens the door for users to get into trouble and not something I want to deal with.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #3725
avpman2

(
Quote:
Doubt a tablet can run a full blown Java app such as this. In any case there's not much point in trying since most/all the helper programs like tivodecode, ffmpeg, etc. won't run on the tablet anyway.
Thanks for the heads up.
Is there anything for the Ipad2 which would allow streaming from the tivo that you know of? One of the most compelling reasons I wanted a tablet was to be able to stream from Tivo. I guess I could go the more complex route of running kttmg on my Pc and then xfr the converted file to the Android.
avpman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #3726
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post
The biggest problem I have had in this scenario is as follows (in regards to things getting hang, where sometimes I have to MANUALLY cancel a task):

DOWNLOAD --> DECRYPT --> QSFix --> ADSCAN

Either the QSFix or the ADSCAN job hangs (90% to 10% adscan vs. qsfix) and I have to cancel VideoRedo from task manger after stopping it manually in KMTTG. I still have not figured why it does this, and I never get an error.

Any ideas?
Herc,
I think you have videoredo and if you do, switch to using that to decrypt the tivo file as it saves times and hardly ever errors out. I also had it hang often after decrypt-qsfix and still do have issues with adscan, either it not knowing correctly where it is at, or getting to say 99 percent and never finishing so I have to manually cancel the adscan by right clicking on the vrdo icon. In cases where that has happened, it almost always seems to have been finished scanning for ads, but somehow didn't close. The files are still usable.

I now only really get hangs on downloading or adscan, not really qsfix anymore. It seems that sometimes, it is processor related, too much going on, but other times, it just happens so I can't really provide anything usable to know why it happens and it happens more often now than it used to, but I also am doing almost exclusively HD files now so they are bigger and take longer.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #3727
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
No. Some characters in file names cause problems when used with the various helper programs, so making it user-configurable aside from complexity in doing so just opens the door for users to get into trouble and not something I want to deal with.
Ok, now what about the files tab? Can you improve on it? Such as being able to search inside selected folders for the proper files, instead of adding files to the files list manually.

~~~~~

Old 01-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #3728
moyekj

v0p8o version released

v0p8o version just released with important fix for those using auto transfers:

For auto transfers configuration the QS Fix task was greyed out even with ProjectX configured. This has been fixed in this release thus allowing ProjectX-based QS Fix to run in Auto Transfers mode.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #3729
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Herc,
I think you have videoredo and if you do, switch to using that to decrypt the tivo file as it saves times and hardly ever errors out. I also had it hang often after decrypt-qsfix and still do have issues with adscan, either it not knowing correctly where it is at, or getting to say 99 percent and never finishing so I have to manually cancel the adscan by right clicking on the vrdo icon. In cases where that has happened, it almost always seems to have been finished scanning for ads, but somehow didn't close. The files are still usable.

I now only really get hangs on downloading or adscan, not really qsfix anymore. It seems that sometimes, it is processor related, too much going on, but other times, it just happens so I can't really provide anything usable to know why it happens and it happens more often now than it used to, but I also am doing almost exclusively HD files now so they are bigger and take longer.
Got you. Thanks sanjonny.
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #3730
wireman121

Any fix for the problem of VideoReDo not minimizing when doing background tasks? (anything other han review) Becoming very annoying when accidently pressing keys when it pops up and takes focus. Tried uninstalling everything and still no luck,
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #3731
sanjonny

resume downloads

Anyone else having hit or miss luck with download from pause activity? For me, it seems to be hit and miss. But it is very helpful when for some reason a download stalls and has to be aborted, to be able to pick up almost where it left off by renaming the first download (didn't finish) going to the approximate spot on the movie that it stopped, hitting pause and then downloading from there and then just manually editing the files together.....

But, the actual resume download sometimes starts at the beginning and then I unselect it and two other recordings that were paused in the middle also get downloaded from the pause point when I wanted them from the beginning and deselected the check box.

I think it might have to do with configuration settings not taking effect until restart. I also think a better way to do it would be to have an individual resume download button, instead of a setting in the main menu. That way, you for sure only identify one video that is downloaded from pause and also, it shows it on the screen that it is being downloaded from pause point. I had to download a few vids multiple times because of the configuration not changing.

I hate to say maybe another check box, or even right click for resume downloads or download from pause, whatever it is called and for sure, a indication in the job list to let you know if it is downloading the full file or just the paused portion.

Another suggestion is to be able to start one job in the queue probably via right click. I often have say 15 things in the queue, but want to set it so say only the downloads happen, but decide this after the jobs have run for awhile, because either I have time to edit so I want to not have processor power taken away with qsfix or something, or am running encode processes but still want the files to download. Being able to individually manage the queue items in the jobs list would be very helpful and beneficial, say right click to allow job to happen, even though other jobs are halted or whatever, or even reorder jobs list, or only allow downloads since they are not processor intensive but stop encodes and other processor heavy tasks when needed. I think several people would find that helpful. I myself select everything, but two hours later, might have time to edit, but want my downloads to continue one after the other, but cannot get the next download to start if everything is halted without having say a qsfix or encode task run on another file, which can take a long time to get my processor back to edit. reordering or individual activating and deactivating would really help.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:20 AM   #3732
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
Any fix for the problem of VideoReDo not minimizing when doing background tasks? (anything other han review) Becoming very annoying when accidently pressing keys when it pops up and takes focus. Tried uninstalling everything and still no luck,
As long as you don't have "Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" enabled the VRD jobs don't popup a VRD window. With that setting enabled the fact the windows don't automatically hide is a VRD related issue.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:24 AM   #3733
moyekj

For resume you have to make sure *after* setting pause point on the TiVo that you refresh the Now Playing List in kmttg before attempting a resume otherwise it won't work. kmttg relies on the byte offset in the NPL XML to determine resume point but if you don't refresh NPL it won't be correct. The setting is global because it really was not intended for frequent use. It's quite easy to turn on/off before clicking to initiate a download.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:03 AM   #3734
dcooper2025

Series Shows Not Downloading w/Same ID

Hi, I have a few shows that air & record weekly with the same name, description and (presumably) the same show ID, unfortunately.

I would like these to be transferred as well, since their "date recorded" is unique, but I believe kmttg is using the history ID's and is skipping these and thus they don't continually get transferred.

Q: Is there any way to override this behavior for a particular set of shows? (I have 4-5 of these).

Thanks in advance!
dcooper2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #3735
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Yes, you can have the date and time in the file names, look under KMTTG's configuration. Its the first tab, I believe.

I have mine set for example: [title] - [year].[month].[day]-[hour].[minute]

The wording isn't exact since I do not have the setting list at hand. On the PC, I can't use : (colon), so I use periods instead.

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 01-09-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #3736
dcooper2025

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Yes, you can have the date and time in the file names, look under KMTTG's configuration. Its the first tab, I believe.
Thanks, yes, but unfortunately because the IDs are identical to previous week's recordings, they are skipped by kmttg. (I use a single "*" wildcard for kmttg criteria).
dcooper2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #3737
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcooper2025 View Post
Hi, I have a few shows that air & record weekly with the same name, description and (presumably) the same show ID, unfortunately.

I would like these to be transferred as well, since their "date recorded" is unique, but I believe kmttg is using the history ID's and is skipping these and thus they don't continually get transferred.

Q: Is there any way to override this behavior for a particular set of shows? (I have 4-5 of these).

Thanks in advance!
That's what the "Treat each recording as unique" is for. You probably should setup individual auto transfers for those programs though instead of your everything wildcard since you don't want to treat all recordings as such.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #3738
wireman121

moyekj: Did this change recently in their software? It wasnt ever a problem before, but I did the upgrade to kmttg and VRD at the same time, so wasnt sure which one caused it - is it something that can be adapted in the kmttg programming or something thats going to need to be (and probably never) fixed on the VRD end?
Old 01-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #3739
moyekj

Quote:
moyekj: Did this change recently in their software? It wasnt ever a problem before, but I did the upgrade to kmttg and VRD at the same time, so wasnt sure which one caused it - is it something that can be adapted in the kmttg programming or something thats going to need to be (and probably never) fixed on the VRD end?
Nothing changed in kmttg. It's the same scripts used under VRDScripts folder. Specifically for example in most of the scripts you'll see a section:
Code:
if (VrdAllowMultiple) then
   Set VideoReDo = wscript.CreateObject( "VideoReDo.Application" )
   VideoReDo.SetQuietMode(true)
else
   Set VideoReDoSilent = wscript.CreateObject( "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent" )
   set VideoReDo = VideoReDoSilent.VRDInterface
end if
The SetQuietMode(true) I think used to minimize the VRD window but looks like it doesn't anymore with newer VRD releases. Like I said though you may not even need to have "Allow multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" enabled though and then it won't be an issue.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #3740
wireman121

just curious - why does it need to call differently if allowing multiple is set to true? why cant the call be the same either way? (and yes, i need to have multiple enabled)
Old 01-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #3741
moyekj

Quote:
just curious - why does it need to call differently if allowing multiple is set to true? why cant the call be the same either way? (and yes, i need to have multiple enabled)
The problem used to be with older versions of VRD that only 1 instance of VideoReDoSilent could run at a time, so using the non silent object was the only way to run more than 1 at a time. After notifying DanR of VRD he fixed that in newer versions. If you have a recent version of VRD you may want to try editing one of the scripts and removing the if/else and using the else clause. i.e.:
Code:
Set VideoReDoSilent = wscript.CreateObject( "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent" )
set VideoReDo = VideoReDoSilent.VRDInterface
Then it will always run in silent mode and should work fine.

I can't make that change in general release because many people only have older versions of VRD such as VRD Plus which still have the old bug.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #3742
rthurlow

AVCHD capability

Hi folks, my name is Rob and I burn Tivo shows to shiny discs. I am looking for a reliable solution from my Tivo Premiere on one end and DVD, DVD-DL, AVCHD-on-DVD and BluRay on the other.

I sort of have that now. I have Roxio Creator 2010 on an old WinXP machine; I can do whatever I want as long as I leave stuff to churn overnight. I have a Core2Duo machine running 32-bit Win7 and it is faster and seems to work. But the best machine in the house, mainly bought for this purpose, is a quad-core Core i5 which runs 64-bit Win7 to make use of its 8Gb. Roxio is a complete steaming pile on this machine even after the third careful reinstall - I still haven't fully cataloged the crashes and hangs. I may have made one shiny disc on that system, but usually can't get to that point. I blame lousy software that didn't make it to the 64-bit world.
I posted to the Roxio forums, and got no response, like the other people posting about crashes and hangs. I need another solution.

First, I suppose I should ask if anyone has seen instability of Creator 2010 on Win7 64-bit and had better luck with Creator 2011 or Creator 2012? I feel like new features are always the focus, but sometimes people do think about quality and stability.

I am coming late to the party, of course, but let me repeat what I think I have learned in this thread and some others:

Roxio Creator 201x (spit) can burn Tivo files to DVD or BluRay
VideoReDo can burn Tivo files to DVD, but not BluRay (sad face)
kmttg can to some nice automated conversions, but you need to find your own solution to burning anything

What am I missing in the list above?

Any recommendations?

What does it take to get from kmttg to a shiny disc?

Thanks!

(Sorry for the duplication, I should have posted here first from the traffic I see)

Last edited by rthurlow : 01-10-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Clarification
rthurlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #3743
txporter
One sec, almost done

@rthurlow-

I would use kmttg to download the Tivo files and decrypt them to mpg and then just burn them to blank disc with the freeware program, Imgburn. You won't have menus though. If you want menus, I think you should consider VideoRedo TVSuite. It is probably the best program that you can use for MPEG2 (and now H.264) editing and manipulation. Plus it includes a program called QuickStream Fix that fixes timestamp errors in video files so that you don't have issues with audio sync. I don't actually make DVDs any more (and haven't for some time) and have no experience with burning to Blu-ray, but many people are very happy with VRD.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #3744
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
@rthurlow-

I would use kmttg to download the Tivo files and decrypt them to mpg and then just burn them to blank disc with the freeware program, Imgburn. You won't have menus though. If you want menus, I think you should consider VideoRedo TVSuite. It is probably the best program that you can use for MPEG2 (and now H.264) editing and manipulation. Plus it includes a program called QuickStream Fix that fixes timestamp errors in video files so that you don't have issues with audio sync. I don't actually make DVDs any more (and haven't for some time) and have no experience with burning to Blu-ray, but many people are very happy with VRD.
I tried this recently and I am happy with it (ie VRD TV Suite)

I mostly no longer burn shiny discs either (I like digital and have no room for discs).

I also have a Win XP machine running Roxio and it's fine, but VRD TV Suite is superior. I do not have blue ray player OR burner though, so I can't report on that.
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #3745
steve771

I used the Tivo Desktop to transfer shows to my PC and it worked fine. But I like the idea of a unlocked video. So I gave kmttg a try and it works great.

My question is, I seem to recall that there was something that kmttg needed via the Tivo Desktop install. I can't find it now though. Am I recalling this correctly, or can I just uninstall Tivo Desktop and kmttg will work ok?

Thanks!
steve771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #3746
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve771 View Post
My question is, I seem to recall that there was something that kmttg needed via the Tivo Desktop install. I can't find it now though. Am I recalling this correctly, or can I just uninstall Tivo Desktop and kmttg will work ok?
You only need a partial TiVo Desktop install if you configure kmttg to use VideoRedo do decrypt .TiVo file instead of tivodecode. Otherwise you don't need TiVo Desktop installed at all.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #3747
steve771

Quote:
You only need a partial TiVo Desktop install if you configure kmttg to use VideoRedo do decrypt .TiVo file instead of tivodecode. Otherwise you don't need TiVo Desktop installed at all.
Thanks. I'm only using kmttg to transfer over programs I want to watch on another device.

Another question though... does kmttg need bonjour? I ask because I'm one of those that doesn't like a bunch of unnecessary services running.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #3748
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve771 View Post
Another question though... does kmttg need bonjour? I ask because I'm one of those that doesn't like a bunch of unnecessary services running.
kmttg does look for Bonjour packets for TiVo discovery. There is an option under config->Tivos tab "Detect with TiVo Beacon instead of Bonjour" which uses the older TiVo method of discovery. If you have static IPs for your TiVos though there really is no need for discovery so neither method is really needed - you simply configure kmttg with the static IPs and names bypassing discovery. So technically, no Bonjour is not required.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #3749
steve771

Quote:
kmttg does look for Bonjour packets for TiVo discovery. There is an option under config->Tivos tab "Detect with TiVo Beacon instead of Bonjour" which uses the older TiVo method of discovery. If you have static IPs for your TiVos though there really is no need for discovery so neither method is really needed - you simply configure kmttg with the static IPs and names bypassing discovery. So technically, no Bonjour is not required.
Thanks, appreciate the info!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #3750
greggt007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
I bought the wdtv whatever whatever and hated it. Your problem is something along the lines of the wdtv unit will (don't count on this being right but something along these lines) only play mpgs with AAC audio but not AC3 or visa versa or something like that. It drove me crazy because I had copied several different shows but only got audio for the ones that were crappy quality because of the quality of the style of recordings. I think you can look up the specs and see what it is, but frankly, I returned the wd unit because it should be able to play anything and most of what I threw at it would not play correctly.

I ended up buying a brite view, which basically plays almost anything, including if it is misidentified as something else, say a mkv file that is in an avi container or something along those lines. I know some people love their wdtv, but I really thought it was overpriced and silly that it couldn't play most anything. So do a bit more research on the wdtv site and find out what audio it supports.

Then if you are hell bent on keeping the thing, you can re-encode the audio only of the video files say convert ac3 to aac or mp3 or whatever, even on a netbook, that goes fast, and you will be able to play it. Or buy a better player that plays anything and never have to encode unless you want to.
thanks for the advice. not sure what i changed, maybe new version of kmttg? but now using qs fix fixes the audio issue! cant really fast forward or rewind but i think that is an adcut issue that doesnt bother me too much..

my request, i dont think kmttg allows it right now..
i dont encode, instead i want the qs fixed (when i dont adcut) mpg to be output to my nas while the decrypted tivo file is output to my local d drive for further processing. in other words, a qs fixed output directory setting.
greggt007 is offline   Reply With Quote