TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-25-2011, 02:38 AM   #3691
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by krar4 View Post
I just uploaded a TV show from my kmttg output files into my new Kindle Fire that were in .mp4 format, and my kindle Fire couldn't locate it. Since the Fire only reads .mp4 format, which encoding format do I need to use so I can play video that is outputted from KMTTG on my Kindle Fire.

Thanks in advance!

Rick
You need to find out precise specs that Kindle Fire supports. You may want to try ff_ipad profile as a starting point if you don't know the specs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #3692
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
There's a config setting for that: Configure-File Settings-Overwrite existing files
As far as downloads hanging up of course that's not normal and some network issue, but you may want to try Java Downloads (Configure-Program Options-Use Java for downloads) instead of curl since it has a 2 minute read timeout associated with it.
Had a thought about this. Since now there is the ability to download from a paused position, I was thinking if you have a failed download, you could open up the file, find where it ended and then go to the tivo run to the point where the file that halted downloading ended and pause and pull the download from there and combine. Does that sound doable? I have a bunch of downloads running right now so I can't try it out, but will when I get a chance if it sounds possible.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #3693
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
You need to find out precise specs that Kindle Fire supports. You may want to try ff_ipad profile as a starting point if you don't know the specs.
Found this on the kindle fire website. It might also be it only supports a certain audio or size limit or whatever. See if you can find exact specs if this doesn't work.

In order to view any non-Amazon purchased videos on your Kindle Fire, they must be in a compatible format. Kindle Fire supports video files that are in .MP4 and .VP8 formats. You can side-load (download and transfer via USB cable) these videos to your Kindle fire. Compatible video files must be placed in the 'Videos' folder located on your device. Once you have successfully uploaded your videos, you can view them by tapping 'Apps' and then tap 'Gallery'.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:37 AM   #3694
krar4

The only specs I have found are that the file must be an .mp4 file. It is an .mp4 file. I put it in the correct directory and clicked on Gallery, but no luck... Any other ideas?
krar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #3695
cburbs

Quote:
The only specs I have found are that the file must be an .mp4 file. It is an .mp4 file. I put it in the correct directory and clicked on Gallery, but no luck... Any other ideas?
Can you try the following on a file and let us know -
http://tabletorials.com/2011/11/conv...fire-for-free/
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #3696
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
Can you try the following on a file and let us know -
http://tabletorials.com/2011/11/conv...fire-for-free/
That site confirms it supports same specs as iPad so theoretically the kmttg ff_ipad profile should work.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #3697
cburbs

Have you tried to install moboplayer on the kindle and then try and play that same file.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #3698
krar4

I'll try using the kmttg ff_ipad profile and report back regarding how it works for me.

What is moboplayer? I'm not aware of that app. If the ipad profile doesn't work, I'll look into moboplayer.

Thanks for the ideas!

Rick
Old 12-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #3699
cburbs

Media player for android devices. I use it on my Nook color.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #3700
krar4

I just encoded a file using the ff_ipad encoding profile, and it worked beautifully on the Kindle Fire. The video looked good, and the audio was in sync. I like to have more volume available to me in case I'm on a loud plane, so I increased the volume of the normal ff_ipad profile by adding " -vol 512" right before "OUTPUT".

Kevin - If that is still insufficient volume for me, do I just increase the number?

Thanks for everybody's assistance!

Rick

Last edited by krar4 : 12-27-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #3701
greggt007

i recently got a wdtv live plus, which supposedly can play any file you throw at it. i am using kmttg to download, decode and qs fix the tivo file to mpeg and putting them on my nas. now when i play the mpg files i get no sound at all. i tried using hdmi audio, analog, optical out on the wdtv but nothing for the mpgs, i get audio from other mp4 files on my nas.

oh, and i dont want to have to encode the mpgs to some other format, as, 1) the pc i am using is basically a netbook and it takes forever to encode, 2) the wdtv should play everything, 3)that usually introduces audio/video sync issues.

so far only thing i am seeing is maybe an ac3 issue?

please help. dont know what is going on!
greggt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #3702
krar4

Kevin - I like to have more volume available to me in case I'm on a loud plane, so I increased the volume of the normal ff_ipad profile by adding " -vol 512" right before "OUTPUT".

If that is still insufficient volume for me, do I just increase the number?

Thanks for your assistance!

Rick
Old 12-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #3703
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Increasing the -Vol would only make the sound more 'tinny'.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #3704
krar4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Increasing the -Vol would only make the sound more 'tinny'.
Then how do I increase the volume during the encoding process?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 12-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #3705
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggt007 View Post
... when i play the mpg files i get no sound at all.
This may or may not be relevant, but -- recently, I tried playing some TiVo-sourced MPEG PS files with VLC, and got no sound. I was able to select the second soundtrack from the menus, and it worked. Of course, according to ffmpeg (and the TiVo), there was only one soundtrack in these files. Anyway, I tried remuxing these files to transport streams (ffmpeg -i foo.mpg -vcodec copy -acodec copy foo.ts), and after that they worked (and only appeared to have one soundtrack in VLC's menus).

I don't know that this only would've worked with transport streams, but I chose that format for other reasons.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 12-30-2011 at 08:07 PM.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #3706
moyekj

Quote:
Kevin - I like to have more volume available to me in case I'm on a loud plane, so I increased the volume of the normal ff_ipad profile by adding " -vol 512" right before "OUTPUT".

Rick
I used to use -vol 768 for my portable media player (for use at gym) and that worked OK. It can distort audio a little bit but wasn't too bad.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #3707
moyekj

Quote:
i recently got a wdtv live plus, which supposedly can play any file you throw at it. i am using kmttg to download, decode and qs fix the tivo file to mpeg and putting them on my nas. now when i play the mpg files i get no sound at all. i tried using hdmi audio, analog, optical out on the wdtv but nothing for the mpgs, i get audio from other mp4 files on my nas.

oh, and i dont want to have to encode the mpgs to some other format, as, 1) the pc i am using is basically a netbook and it takes forever to encode, 2) the wdtv should play everything, 3)that usually introduces audio/video sync issues.

My recommendation always is to install mediainfo to examine video files to see what video and audio streams are available. Then once you determine there are proper streams there then it's up to the player to handle them properly. VLC plays pretty much anything so that's also a good tool to have available for checking playback.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #3708
sanjonny

Quote:

I bought the wdtv whatever whatever and hated it. Your problem is something along the lines of the wdtv unit will (don't count on this being right but something along these lines) only play mpgs with AAC audio but not AC3 or visa versa or something like that. It drove me crazy because I had copied several different shows but only got audio for the ones that were crappy quality because of the quality of the style of recordings. I think you can look up the specs and see what it is, but frankly, I returned the wd unit because it should be able to play anything and most of what I threw at it would not play correctly.

I ended up buying a brite view, which basically plays almost anything, including if it is misidentified as something else, say a mkv file that is in an avi container or something along those lines. I know some people love their wdtv, but I really thought it was overpriced and silly that it couldn't play most anything. So do a bit more research on the wdtv site and find out what audio it supports.

Then if you are hell bent on keeping the thing, you can re-encode the audio only of the video files say convert ac3 to aac or mp3 or whatever, even on a netbook, that goes fast, and you will be able to play it. Or buy a better player that plays anything and never have to encode unless you want to.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #3709
sanjonny

Quote:

Rick
I know that using virtualdub or virtualdubmod, it is very easy to increase the volume of almost any file without major distortion (up to a point). I am not sure about the built in profiles of ffmpeg as those work a bit differently.

In virtual dub, you open the file, set video to basically copy and then go to audio and increase volume. Cant remember the exact commands right now, but it is intuitive and easy and takes only a few seconds.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #3710
pjaromin

Metadata missing: TiVo -> WTV Using KMTTG + VideoReDo

I've been trying to find an easy, automated way to transfer my TiVo recordings to my Media Center PCs and after playing with a few options, it appears that the easiest, fastest, and most reliable method is to use KMTTG with VideoReDo to download and encode to WTV files.

However, I've run into a snag -- the resulting WTV files contain no metadata, which makes it unpleasant and difficult to use under media center.

Following transfer from TiVo using either KMTTG or TiVo Desktop, I'm not seeing any metadata using Windows properties page (right-click). However, for files that were previously transferred but no longer on the TiVo, the metadata task is able to extract metatadata. In the past I seem to recall seeing the metadata under the file properties, so I'm a bit confused here.

Is there something key I'm missing? Does anyone use KMTTG + VRD for TiVo -> WTV?

Thanks!
pjaromin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #3711
mrbuddd

custom command

The custom command task seems to be after the push task. The push task should be the absolute last task always. Is there a way to fix this?
mrbuddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #3712
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjaromin View Post
I've been trying to find an easy, automated way to transfer my TiVo recordings to my Media Center PCs and after playing with a few options, it appears that the easiest, fastest, and most reliable method is to use KMTTG with VideoReDo to download and encode to WTV files.

However, I've run into a snag -- the resulting WTV files contain no metadata, which makes it unpleasant and difficult to use under media center.

Following transfer from TiVo using either KMTTG or TiVo Desktop, I'm not seeing any metadata using Windows properties page (right-click). However, for files that were previously transferred but no longer on the TiVo, the metadata task is able to extract metatadata. In the past I seem to recall seeing the metadata under the file properties, so I'm a bit confused here.

Is there something key I'm missing? Does anyone use KMTTG + VRD for TiVo -> WTV?

Thanks!
I think wtv plays mpg and xvid(avi with a codec) natively so why convert at all? Maybe i am wrong, but i helped someone set up theirs awhile ago and there were helpers to read reformatted tivo metadata files. I will see if they are still using that setup and report back if i hear anything.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #3713
pjaromin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
I think wtv plays mpg and xvid(avi with a codec) natively so why convert at all? Maybe i am wrong, but i helped someone set up theirs awhile ago and there were helpers to read reformatted tivo metadata files. I will see if they are still using that setup and report back if i hear anything.
Yes, Windows Media Center will natively play those formats, however it will not display them in the "Recorded TV" section unless they're WTV files. I'm basically using the TiVo for the recommendations at this point -- all of our scheduled shows are recorded on 8 tuners in two different media centers and feed into a windows home server. So I'm putting a "TiVo Suggestions" folder under my Recorded TV path and dumping the TiVo recording there with another batch process that will prune aged files after some interval (haven't decided yet).

I was using VRD with VAP, but 80% of the files ended up "stalled" for some reason and many of the programs I'm recording aren't in TVDB.com, so they weren't getting the meta from there.

I'm a Java coder but the stuff I've used for metadata is for JPG/MPG EXIF information and isn't compatible. Otherwise I'd just write something to pop the information from the pytivo meta files into the WTV files and run it as the custom command. I've tried pytivometapopper from the VAP forum, but that doesn't appear to work -- getting errors with no useful information. I've got an open question there but haven't gotten back to that yet as I'm thinking it shouldn't actually be necessary.

Anything you can remember/find out would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #3714
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjaromin View Post
...........I was using VRD with VAP, but 80% of the files ended up "stalled" for some reason and many of the programs I'm recording aren't in TVDB.com, so they weren't getting the meta from there.
Since you're dropping negative comments about VAP in this forum, I need to point out that I have responded to your VAP problems with some troubleshooting suggestions in the VRD forums VAP sub-forum, to which you have not responded. As I pointed out there, VAP reads metadata directly from .tivo input files so getting metadata from theTVDB.com is not necessary. If this isn't working there is something wrong with your setup.

You said (in the VRD forum) that your platform is a "virtual Vista x32 PC (with the tv pack and playready pc ". I confess I don't know what that is, but "virtual" suggests you're running a virtual machine and it is not unusual for VM's to have problems like this.

I don't want to hijack this thread for VAP problems, so let's please continue any discussion regarding VAP issues in the VRD VAP sub-forum.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and

Last edited by dlfl : 01-02-2012 at 08:32 AM.
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #3715
pjaromin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Since you're dropping negative comments about VAP in this forum, I need to point out that I have responded to your VAP problems with some troubleshooting suggestions in the VRD forums VAP sub-forum, to which you have not responded. As I pointed out there, VAP reads metadata directly from .tivo input files so getting metadata from theTVDB.com is not necessary. If this isn't working there is something wrong with your setup.

You said (in the VRD forum) that your platform is a "virtual Vista x32 PC (with the tv pack and playready pc ". I confess I don't know what that is, but "virtual" suggests you're running a virtual machine and it is not unusual for VM's to have problems like this.

I don't want to hijack this thread for VAP problems, so let's please continue any discussion regarding VAP issues in the VRD VAP sub-forum.
My intention of the comment was not to slam VAP, merely to provide additional background. The stalling issue is simply something I've experienced and that particular problem wasn't actually resolved through the VAP forum. That's why I started looking at kmttg + VRD instead.

And while I did mention VAP in a single sentence (as I assume folks here are familiar with it), my OP was entirely about kmttg with VRD. I believe this is the appropriate forum for that. I can certainly refrain from even passing mention of VAP in subsequent posts here.

As for VMs, the only reason I'm now using a virtual machine is because I can no longer run a trial of VRD on my physical hardware -- the trial key expired before I could get back to this and it won't allow me to run a new trial on the same system. I'm not going to spend $100 on VRD unless/until I can verify this will work, so I'm doing whatever I can to get a trial working to make this happen. I build and administer virtual machines in a very large production hosting environment, Linux and Windows, without any odd issues. I'm not sure why you'd say it's not unusual to have problems like this. That certainly hasn't been my experience.

I'm posting to both because forums because I'm agnostic as to whether to use kmttg alone (with VRD) or kmttg+VAP. I'll use whichever I can get to work. And while it would be great if this could be resolved by a simple setting or tweak to VRD/VAP, if I can make it work faster by writing a post-process command through kmttg to do this, I'm game as well.

BTW, I replied a bit ago to the VAP post with results of your suggestions.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #3716
mattack

It doesn't look like I posted this recently.. I hope I didn't mention it before.

Another bug with combined download/decrypt (which I FAR prefer) - it doesn't properly wait between the current task and the next one, so it ALWAYS gets an error on the next download.. It'll finish downloading one video, get the next metadata, then always get an error on the next video download.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #3717
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
It doesn't look like I posted this recently.. I hope I didn't mention it before.

Another bug with combined download/decrypt (which I FAR prefer) - it doesn't properly wait between the current task and the next one, so it ALWAYS gets an error on the next download.. It'll finish downloading one video, get the next metadata, then always get an error on the next video download.
In next release metadata tasks now get a delay as well (currently consecutive download jobs without metadata do get a delay but not when metadata is enabled).

Old 01-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #3718
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post

The biggest problem I have had in this scenario is as follows (in regards to things getting hang, where sometimes I have to MANUALLY cancel a task):

DOWNLOAD --> DECRYPT --> QSFix --> ADSCAN

Either the QSFix or the ADSCAN job hangs (90% to 10% adscan vs. qsfix) and I have to cancel VideoRedo from task manger after stopping it manually in KMTTG. I still have not figured why it does this, and I never get an error.

Any ideas?
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #3719
moyekj

v0p8n version released

v0p8n version just released. Principal changes/fixes for this release:
* When ProjectX enabled don't skip "QS Fix" task as was case in previous release when "Ad Cut" is also enabled since "Ad Detect" can benefit from "QS Fix"
* Apply download start delay for all download tasks, including metadata tasks, in order to avoid failures for consecutive download tasks
See release_notes Wiki page for full details of changes/fixes.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #3720
avpman2

kttmg on Android tablet.

How do I get kttmg to work on an Android tablet? Java is loaded somewhere on the tablet because I can access webpages I built with heave javascript code. However, when I try to open the kktmg.jar file on the Android tablet with the Astro file explorer it wants to extract the files from the jar. If I use the stock Android file browser I get the message "no application can perform this action." This seems like a file association problem. But I can't change the file association for .jar or .js because kttmg is not installed as an Android app. I'm just running if from the sdcard. I DID extract all the files from the zip file so I'm sure I'm not trying to run kttmg from the zip archive. I've successfully installed kttmg on my laptop and it works fine. But I really need it to work on the tablet.

Please Help!
Thanks...
avpman2 is offline   Reply With Quote