TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-19-2011, 04:27 AM   #61
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Daylight Saving: name change

I also noted that "Daylight Saving": for Arizona was "Inactive" w/ 14.8 and now it reads "Standard Time" w/ 14.9.2.2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #62
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC7 View Post
Not sure if these items are new to this release or if I just never noticed them before:

3) When you press the Up arrow, the current Video Format is displayed in the lower right portion of the screen for a few seconds - this works for both live and recorded shows
If you have the other output formats enabled (i.e., 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i) when you press the Up Error again (when the info screen is not displayed) the TiVo appears to toggle through the available output formats.

Also, was there a test video output formats option available in previous versions?
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #63
Joe Siegler

Quote:
3) When you press the Up arrow, the current Video Format is displayed in the lower right portion of the screen for a few seconds - this works for both live and recorded shows
That is not new. It's been there for awhile.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #64
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Not sure if these items are new to this release or if I just never noticed them before:
Not new. The video format switch with the up arrow is something that goes back to the HR10-250, although it went away for a while, and came back with the Premiere (? I think). The other stuff is even on Series 2's.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #65
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:

1) When you press the Info button, there is an icon on the right hand side that shows info about current and alternate audio - this appears in both live and recorded shows
Is that new? I just tried it and I don't recall it being there before. But I often don't even look at that stuff, so it could have been there a while. Can someone confirm?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #66
Joe Siegler

I'm fairly positive (but not 100%) that it is NOT new.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #67
Illusion

I can no longer hold down the FF button and have the TiVo step through the 3 FF speeds. I have to press the button each time to increase the FF speed. Just a few days ago, with my universal remote, I was regularly increasing the FF speed by holding down the button. This no longer has any effect. Tested with 4 different remotes. All require repeated button presses to change FF speed.

Same data applies to Fast Rewind stepped speeds.
Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #68
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
I will continue to try and update the first posting in this thread you are now reading ( http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...00#post8858900 ) to make it more like a single log.

Today I totally reorganized it into categories and with a new numbering system. This will be helpful for casual readers. On many I also added links to other threads about the entry.
Looks great!

In 14.9.2 Remote Delete now works well for single program and groups.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #69
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
Looks great!

In 14.9.2 Remote Delete now works well for single program and groups.
Thanks. Not sure exactly what a remote delete is, but I will add it!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #70
lessd

Quote:
Thanks. Not sure exactly what a remote delete is, but I will add it!
The is the ability to delete a program (from the TiVo your watching) on another TiVo that is on your home network, I use it all the time.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #71
TerpBE
Go Terps!

I've noticed in the show info screen (what you see when you select a show from the now playing list), the Channel Down button doesn't skip to the end of the list of options, like it does on just about every other screen. I'm pretty sure in 14.8 it worked.
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #72
brentil

Performance gains!

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...20#post8865720

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #73
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Is that new?
NO.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:22 AM   #74
TishTash

Excellent list. One annoying part of the upgrade is the "Please wait...." delay when down & up-arrow'ing through a list of shows, either within a folder or an upcoming shows list. (Before, the shows would just display with little or no delay.) Not a dealbreaker, but a bit annoying.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #75
Johnwashere

For HDUI:
When I am watching a show and hit the Tivo button the audio cutout is shorter when going to the menu. The audio cutout still seems the same when I hit the ZOOM button.
Johnwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #76
brentil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishTash View Post
Excellent list. One annoying part of the upgrade is the "Please wait...." delay when down & up-arrow'ing through a list of shows, either within a folder or an upcoming shows list. (Before, the shows would just display with little or no delay.) Not a dealbreaker, but a bit annoying.
Are you talking about the SDUI or HDUI because the HDUI is significantly faster for me now?

brentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #77
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentil View Post
Are you talking about the SDUI or HDUI because the HDUI is significantly faster for me now?
I think its the SDUI since I'm not experiencing this using the HDUI. I do experience a significant slow experience when using the TiVo Live Guide versus the Grid Guide.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #78
shiffrin

I've noticed 2 changes that I didn't see mentioned.

1. For many years, I have been stopping the FF function by pressing the instant replay button which stopped FF and almost always brought me back to where I wanted to start watching. I think I started doing this since the Play button didn't do it correctly (many years ago). Now the instant replay does not take you to the proper place. I asked Tivo and they said that this was changed and they will not change it back. Luckily the Play button seems to do what I want - as soon as I retrain my fingers to use it.

2. I have a lot of videos on my server on the network with my Tivo. Prior to this latest version, when I selected one of the transferred videos, it didn't show the show duration. I had to press Info, then close Info and the time would be displayed. Now the duration is shown when the show is selected.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #79
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpBE View Post
I've noticed in the show info screen (what you see when you select a show from the now playing list), the Channel Down button doesn't skip to the end of the list of options, like it does on just about every other screen. I'm pretty sure in 14.8 it worked.
You will have to describe this in more detail. I think you are talking about the HDUI?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #80
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I am unable to duplicate this behavior in the SDUI or the HDUI.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #81
TishTash

To all who inquired: In the SDUI, after HAVING SELECTED a show from a list of either a My Shows folder or a list of upcoming episodes--thereby showing its full-page details--thereafter pressing the up- or down-arrow would scan through the FULL-SCREEN DETAILS of each show in the list.

Now, at least for me, there is a second or two "Please wait...." delay between show's full-screen details entries. (This is NOT the same as navigating along the one-line entries of each show.) Again, not a dealbreaker, but a bit annoying when one wants to quickly flip through each episode's details on the list.

(Ironically, quickly scanning up and down the list of show details before 14.9--without the delay--would occasionally result in the queue repeating itself every few entries. It gave me a sense of deja vu, or the illusion that the same episode was being repeated. Maybe the delay protects against this?)
Old 12-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #82
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
To all who inquired: In the SDUI, after HAVING SELECTED a show from a list of either a My Shows folder or a list of upcoming episodes--thereby showing its full-page details--thereafter pressing the up- or down-arrow would scan through the FULL-SCREEN DETAILS of each show in the list.

Now, at least for me, there is a second or two "Please wait...." delay between show's full-screen details entries. (This is NOT the same as navigating along the one-line entries of each show.) Again, not a dealbreaker, but a bit annoying when one wants to quickly flip through each episode's details on the list.

(Ironically, quickly scanning up and down the list of show details before 14.9--without the delay--would occasionally result in the queue repeating itself every few entries. It gave me a sense of deja vu, or the illusion that the same episode was being repeated. Maybe the delay protects against this?)
I am still unable to replicate what you describe. I think you are also missing a step. In SDUI, when you select an already recorded video (from anywhere) and see the summary details, you must press "info"button to see a full-screen of all details. In that screen, I can page up or down (chan up/down) instantly. No time in that or leading up to it or in it, do I see any "Please wait..." dialogs.

If I translate what you mean to viewing the summary details of a program, then pressing up/down arrows to scroll to the previous or next video's summary details, that is instant also, with no "Please wait..." dialogs.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #83
TishTash

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi
If I translate what you mean to viewing the summary details of a program, then pressing up/down arrows to scroll to the previous or next video's summary details, that is instant also, with no "Please wait..." dialogs.
Yes, I meant summary details, not the info screen. If no one else has this problem, I'm not sure why I do, more so since I have it across three TiVo's all of which are now 14.9.2.2.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:58 AM   #84
moyekj

Quote:
Yes, I meant summary details, not the info screen. If no one else has this problem, I'm not sure why I do, more so since I have it across three TiVo's all of which are now 14.9.2.2.
You are not alone:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=480491
Looks like a new "feature" of the new software.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #85
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Uggh, for some reason my premiere has been rebooting with freezes after sending commands through the remote. Not sure what to do, is it because of the new software or is the HDD failing?

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #86
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
You are not alone:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=480491
Looks like a new "feature" of the new software.
That doesn't appear to be the same function,however. The fact that a "please wait" might appear could be similar, but it is a different function (and one I have not tested).

Quote:
Do they have external drives? Do they have upgraded drives? Do they have tons and tons of pre-recorded programs on them?

(Mine do not, do not, and do not. Just trying to find something common)
Old 12-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #87
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
Uggh, for some reason my premiere has been rebooting with freezes after sending commands through the remote. Not sure what to do, is it because of the new software or is the HDD failing?
Need more information/details.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #88
tomhorsley

I was just watching live TV, and TiVo said it had a scheduled recording coming up and wanted to change the channel on me. This is just the one recording, not two at overlapping times. Is this new since 14.9.2.2? I don't remember it asking me this before unless it was starting the 2nd simultaneous recording. Even if it isn't new, why on earth would it make up its mind ahead of time which tuner it desperately wanted to use? Why not just pick the unused one and leave me alone?
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #89
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
I was just watching live TV, and TiVo said it had a scheduled recording coming up and wanted to change the channel on me. This is just the one recording, not two at overlapping times. Is this new since 14.9.2.2? I don't remember it asking me this before unless it was starting the 2nd simultaneous recording. Even if it isn't new, why on earth would it make up its mind ahead of time which tuner it desperately wanted to use? Why not just pick the unused one and leave me alone?
Because it might have decided to record a suggestion on the other tuner. And please keep in mind that when you are watching "live" TV (which you seem to indicate), the TiVo doesn't know there is anyone there. The message is the TiVo's way of determining if anyone really is watching live TV and warning them it has plans.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #90
forum1
TiVo user since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpBE View Post
When it pops up with the message saying:

"The tuner you are not watching will change the channel at 6:00 to record 'Action News'" (or whatever the wording is)

The text for the time and show title are now yellow instead of white.

At least Tivo has their priorities straight. I know everyone was complaining about that one!
Yup. I guess someone at TiVo had enough free cycles to work on this gem. Of course in doing so they also removed text regarding the recording being a suggestion vs. a scheduled recording. It's more cryptic now, with the change in verb (wants vs. needs) being the only telltale as to rather the channel change is merely for a suggestion or not.

Ref: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...66#post8848366
See posts 19-22.
forum1 is offline   Reply With Quote