TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-08-2011, 01:25 AM   #3631
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
One other thing seems to have changed also. In the past, when running adcut and adscan, the window was always minimized, but for some reason, with the latest version, it seems to run them in the regular window. Qsfix still runs minimized (I think, will have to check). Is this something I might have changed or something that changed in kmttg.
If you have "Allow Multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" that may be the reason since that brings up VRD in GUI mode.

TWP Delete + ipad delete is not something I considered running concurrently and at this point would be a pain to setup to be able to do that. As a workaround perhaps you can install another kmttg in a different location that is configured with just TWP delete enabled without the ipad setup just for the purpose of deleting shows.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #3632
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
If you have "Allow Multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" that may be the reason since that brings up VRD in GUI mode.

TWP Delete + ipad delete is not something I considered running concurrently and at this point would be a pain to setup to be able to do that. As a workaround perhaps you can install another kmttg in a different location that is configured with just TWP delete enabled without the ipad setup just for the purpose of deleting shows.
something must have changed regarding the gui mode issue as up until the latest version, i have always run two instances (if there was enough work to merit it, it has been set at two anyway) and this just started happening with the upgrade to versionI.

on the multiple style delete, what about different keys to send the commands? it seems that might be easier, since it already does it, say delete key for ipad style and T key for twp style. they dont have to be part of the workflow as i said, i dont use them for that, and ipad delete works even if you don't have ipad delete enabled (if you press delete while on the series 4, it sends the delete command, until you select twp style delete that is-then pressing delete will always be twp style) what if you just set the default of pressing T(or whatever key makes sense) to the twp style delete command?

another option i think might be useful, what about setting leaving the interim files available or some of them at least and having a final step of deleting all interim files when finished such as delete wip files. so when you decrypt if you want you can leave the tivo file, or qsfix, leave the qsfix file or encode leave the unencoded or whatever. but put at the end a checkbox so that it looks to see if you have any wip files and deletes them. so say i download a file, process it, adscan and then want to adcut it, after the adcut finishes, it deletes the tivo and qsfix and uncut mpg and vprj file. or if i encode and that is my final step, it goes back and deletes everything else once the encode is finished.

that way when the errors happen, you can just pull any prior file and rework it from there.

alternatively, now thinking about it a bit, you could get away with just leaving the tivo file on the drive all the way thru and having a last step to delete that final after final adcut or encode because the other steps really dont take that long but downloading can take forever, so may e that is another way to do it, have option to leave .tivo file until whatever your last step is and then select delete .tivo. that way when qsfix has a problem, you dont have to redownload the show again to have another copy or whatever.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #3633
moyekj

Quote:
something must have changed regarding the gui mode issue as up until the latest version, i have always run two instances (if there was enough work to merit it, it has been set at two anyway) and this just started happening with the upgrade to versionI.
No nothing changed in kmttg for that stuff in a while. More likely it's a VRD update that changed that behavior. I just tried it myself with "Allow Multiple VideoRedo jobs at once" enabled and confirmed that adscan doesn't minimize the VRD window for me anymore for adscan either, so VRD SetQuietMode (which you'll see is called in adscan.vbs script) doesn't behave as it used when doing adscan for newer versions of VRD. Seems to work OK for qsfix though.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #3634
sanjonny

Got it, well that makes sense, I didn't think anything major changed in kmttg related to that.

I am having decrypt seem to take forever all of a sudden. I tried switching to videoredo decrypt but I get messages that I need to check the mak setting, but cannot find the setting in videoredo or how to give it the correct mak.

I don't know why decrypt is taking so long all of a sudden, but even with no processes running, it can take an hour or more to decrypt a file. That seems to have never happened before to that extent. Right now I have a 5gb file that is only halfway done at 35 minutes. It seems in the past the longest I ever waited to decrypt was like 5 minutes.

Is videredo decrypt faster and/or did something change in decrypt or is there something I might have done on my computer that is slowing things down completely? I checked tasks and really there is almost nothing running but decrypt is horribly slow.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #3635
sanjonny

Got decrypt working via videoredo, required reinstalling videoredo for some reason but now it works. I think something is majorly wrong with regular decrypt for some reason. It took over an hour and a half to decrypt a file. Using videoredo it only took 8 minutes and that was a 15gb file so I don't know what is going on but something is not right. Videoredo decrypt is similar to speeds for prior decrypt + qsfix, even faster really.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #3636
moyekj

Quote:
on the multiple style delete, what about different keys to send the commands? it seems that might be easier, since it already does it, say delete key for ipad style and T key for twp style. they dont have to be part of the workflow as i said, i dont use them for that, and ipad delete works even if you don't have ipad delete enabled (if you press delete while on the series 4, it sends the delete command, until you select twp style delete that is-then pressing delete will always be twp style) what if you just set the default of pressing T(or whatever key makes sense) to the twp style delete command?
For next release "delete" should now work for either type of delete. I added some additional checking of current TiVo selected and if iPad communications options is not enabled in config for the current TiVo then use TWP delete instead.

Quote:
another option i think might be useful, what about setting leaving the interim files available or some of them at least and having a final step of deleting all interim files when finished such as delete wip files. so when you decrypt if you want you can leave the tivo file, or qsfix, leave the qsfix file or encode leave the unencoded or whatever. but put at the end a checkbox so that it looks to see if you have any wip files and deletes them. so say i download a file, process it, adscan and then want to adcut it, after the adcut finishes, it deletes the tivo and qsfix and uncut mpg and vprj file. or if i encode and that is my final step, it goes back and deletes everything else once the encode is finished.

that way when the errors happen, you can just pull any prior file and rework it from there.

alternatively, now thinking about it a bit, you could get away with just leaving the tivo file on the drive all the way thru and having a last step to delete that final after final adcut or encode because the other steps really dont take that long but downloading can take forever, so may e that is another way to do it, have option to leave .tivo file until whatever your last step is and then select delete .tivo. that way when qsfix has a problem, you dont have to redownload the show again to have another copy or whatever.
You can use "custom" task to run a script at the end of task set to do something along those lines. It's always the last task executed.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:30 AM   #3637
wireman121

Also having the same issues with VRD not minimizing when running the adcut anymore - I upgraded VRD and KMTTG at the same time, but I suspect it was a VRD change that has caused this. Not the end of the world, but quite annoying regardless.

Would also be nice to see kmttg continue to scan at the defined amount of time when auto transfer is set to loop in GUI while VRD review window is showing - that way if theres more than 1 show recording per night (I have 5-6) it doesnt jam up after downloading the first show, and can still poll the TiVo for future files and have them all prepared at the VRD review screen - would be MUCH more convenient this way.

That way if I'm away for a day, KMTTG isnt stuck waiting for a VRD review on the first file it downloaded while the rest are sitting on the TiVo, it will have multiple VRD review windows up ready for review...... Always been something I wish would get attention in an upgrade - please make this possible!!
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:07 AM   #3638
sanjonny

I have an old install of version 3 on my system ( if you scroll back a few pages I talk about the multple version so that I could mentally keep straight when working on ts files (hauppauge pvr) vs tivo files. The same issue is happening with the old version as with the updated, which leads us back to either a change is kmttg causing the problem or some registry change upon updating vrd that causes this. I believe I have an older version of kmttg installed for some other files, I will try that tomorrow and see if I can provide anymore details. The non-minimized state can cause problems if you are doing something else on the computerand vrd starts a new task, since it takes the front process, it can get screwed up by typing or clicking on state change now, since it takes the foreground. I have had a couple of qsfixes and adscans broken by this exact problem.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #3639
moyekj

@wireman21
I'm looking at adding a new auto config option in next release:
"Do not wait for all jobs to finish before processing new ones"

This would make kmttg not wait until all tasks have completed on all TiVos before looking for more shows to process.

@sanjonny
When you have multiple VRD installations as I mentioned before only 1 can be registered for COM (background) jobs at a time, so the last one you ran GUI for will be the one used for COM jobs. So there's no guarantee if you have more than 1 installation which one is called for COM jobs.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #3640
miricle

Hi -- I am new to kmttg so hopefully this is not too much of an often-repeated question but I didn't want to read 120 pages of threads -- I just installed the latest version of kmttg on Win7-x64. I was wondering if its possible to have the various tools detect ads but put in chapter marks rather than skipping them all-together. I guess I am leery about the detection tools detecting too much (or is this a valid concern - I've read that comskip isn't close to 100% accurate). This would be using ProjectX rather than videoredo. BTW, ProjectX didn't appear to come as part of the Windows tools - I needed to download it an put it in place.
miricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #3641
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Chapter marks would be put in by VideoReDo on burning a DVD. It would not have any affect on a Tivo.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #3642
miricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Chapter marks would be put in by VideoReDo on burning a DVD. It would not have any affect on a Tivo.
Sorry, I should have been more specific - I wanted chapters in the m4v/mp4 file generated by handbrake or ffmpeg transcodes. I want to copy those to an iPhone, iPad or Touchpad. iOS devices make "scrubbing" pretty easy with fairly fine control but the media player on a Touchpad doesn't make it easy to move to a precise point in the video. A chapter break in the file would mean just using the built-in navigator controls instead of "scrubbing".
miricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #3643
wireman121

@moyekj awesome, cant wait!!
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #3644
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by miricle View Post
BTW, ProjectX didn't appear to come as part of the Windows tools - I needed to download it an put it in place.
Thanks for mentioning it and I was able to reproduce the problem. Looks like .bat files that were part of ProjectX were being blocked perhaps by virus tools or perhaps had permissions issues. I removed those in the zip file and uploaded the updated one and verified a new kmttg installation now does install ProjectX properly.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #3645
sanjonny

Quote:
@sanjonny
When you have multiple VRD installations as I mentioned before only 1 can be registered for COM (background) jobs at a time, so the last one you ran GUI for will be the one used for COM jobs. So there's no guarantee if you have more than 1 installation which one is called for COM jobs.
I understand that and remember it, and have used that in testing. But it is also easy to differentiate the 2 and versions because of their appearance and I have found that it seems that even when making sure I am using the (OLD OLD) version 3 of vidredo, the backgrounding is not working.

It is calling version 3 from the kmttg version and that is what is loading ( i can check by looking at the process if it is not brought to the foreground, or if it is, it is obvious what version it is.) I have not had a chance to run the old versions of kmttg to see if that makes a difference or not, or if there is some other screwy setting in the registry changed by updating vidredo which is affecting this. I have the older version of vrd installed on a laptop with and older kmttg, so I can update that to the most recent and hopefully that will help in troubleshooting the issue if there is anything you can do about it, or letting us let vrd know about it also.

I am trying to help and if it sounds critical in my posts, that is not the case, just trying to help as much as possible and always available to try software updates and other stuff and log to feedback as much as I can.

For anyone out there processing HD files. Can you please post say and average time to qsfix a 5gb or 10gb file (1920 resolution) and adscan, adcut times for the same file. And if possible what processor you are using. My processing seems very slow recently and trying to determine the cause.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #3646
sanjonny

One other kinda on topic but maybe off topic question. Is there a way to boost the volume in vidredo the way that is done in mencoder? That would be helpful and I guess it could either be a configuration setting in kmttg or a profile change in the cut scripts or whatever. When processing the mpgs in other programs if I do, they have the options to boost volume, but for files that are not post processed or encoded it would be nice to boost the volume thru vidredo.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #3647
moyekj

Quote:
One other kinda on topic but maybe off topic question. Is there a way to boost the volume in vidredo the way that is done in mencoder? That would be helpful and I guess it could either be a configuration setting in kmttg or a profile change in the cut scripts or whatever. When processing the mpgs in other programs if I do, they have the options to boost volume, but for files that are not post processed or encoded it would be nice to boost the volume thru vidredo.
Not for AC3 audio as VRD does not have AC3 encoder. However in TVSuite you can edit/create a video profile (Tools->Edit Profile list...) and create a profile that uses AAC audio. Then under Audio section if you change "Compression" to Automatic then you are allowed to specify "Gain Level" for audio. Note that whenever you change volume it requires re-encoding with any tool.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #3648
sanjonny

Quote:
Not for AC3 audio as VRD does not have AC3 encoder. However in TVSuite you can edit/create a video profile (Tools->Edit Profile list...) and create a profile that uses AAC audio. Then under Audio section if you change "Compression" to Automatic then you are allowed to specify "Gain Level" for audio. Note that whenever you change volume it requires re-encoding with any tool.
Which i am guessing is not as quick as I could probably boost the volume manually using vdub or similar tools where it only strips the audio, renencodes the audio and patches it back to the mpg file as I am guessing vidredo will reencode the video too.

I will try it to verify but thinking I might make script that does it using vdub or vdubmode command line since it is easy and fast to do that way.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #3649
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Since I have not posted in a while, can I ask my stupid question of the month?

--------> Let me digress for a moment....
(BTW, I am back to running version "L"). I traced all my problems to Seagate's stupid back-up software, and the fact that a lot of the Video I was working with were on that Seagate drive. Both that software and offending HDD have been accounted for now...
<----------------

So, question:

Once I separate the subtitle stream with T2Sami how do I put it back when I encode? And what happens to the subtitles when you do an adcut via VRD?

Thanks for the answer.

Last edited by Hercules67 : 12-17-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #3650
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post
Since I have not posted in a while, can I ask my stupid question of the month?

--------> Let me digress for a moment....
(BTW, I am back to running version "L"). I traced all my problems to Seagate's stupid back-up software, and the fact that a lot of the Video I was working with were on that Seagate drive. Both that software and offending HDD have been accounted for now...
<----------------

So, question:

Once I separate the subtitle stream with T2Sami how do I put it back when I encode? And what happens to the subtitles when you do an adcut via VRD?

Thanks for the answer.
T2Sami does not "separate" captions, it simply extracts them to a new file. The video file still contains the captions. VRD preserves the captions so no problem to run VRD before extracting captions.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #3651
moyekj

v0p8m version released

v0p8m version just released. Contains new auto transfers global config option to no longer wait for all tasks for a TiVo to complete before processing new shows as has been requested for a while by some users. Also now kmttg supports ccextractor in place of T2Sami for extracting captions (either one can be used now). Some fixes as well. See release_notes Wiki for full details.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #3652
mattack

Here's a bug that I just ran into.. I think it's because of the accented letter in the name (even previously, the metadata file and the mpg would have different names.. In this case, the .mpg file has the html escaped character, the metadata file has the correct character).

But kmttg NEVER showed progress downloading the file. It actually downloaded it, thought it failed, and I was able to cancel it before it started downloading again... Here's the beginning of the output.

> DOWNLOADING/DECRYPTING TO /Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Saturday Night Live/12_17_2011 Jimmy Fallon Michael Bublé performs.mpg ...
"/usr/bin/curl" --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar "/tmp/cookie8825989112982919026.tmp" --url "http://192.168.11.5:80/download/Saturday%20Night%20Live.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=3198 728" | "/Applications/kmttg_v0p8h/tivodecode/tivodecode" --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Saturday Night Live/12_17_2011 Jimmy Fallon Michael Bublé performs.mpg" -
Download failed to file: /Volumes/Tivo2/kmttgdownloads/Saturday Night Live/12_17_2011 Jimmy Fallon Michael Bublé performs.mpg
Exit code: 0
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:53 AM   #3653
moyekj

That's probably a consequence of special characters not being preserved via a script which is what is used for combined download/decrypt - a .bat file in case of Windows. The script is not honoring special characters properly in the file name. If you keep download and decrypt separate then everything works as expected. So my suggestion is if this is a problem for you then keep download and decrypt separate and you won't run into the issue.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:12 AM   #3654
sanjonny

Thanks MoyekJ, will try out the delete and other stuff tomorrow, or i guess later today. One thing i have been running into recently and meant to ask about. Sometimes qsfix tasks in vdredo fail by i guess selecting the wrong aspect size, which i think is because a commercial in the show is say 720p in a 1920 size show and the automatic check finds the 720 so sets qsfix to 720 which results in only like a one minute file because it strips out all but the commercial (i am guessing that is what is going on) or othwr commercials that might be the same size.

It appears that when i set the detection manually in vidredo when reprocessing the files, i set it to like a sample of 24 and so far, that seems to mostly guess correctly for the qsfix (you choose it by hand in the select streams, but it defaults to the larger result or whatever). It does make the initial check slower than the default which ithink is 8. So my question is, assuming i am somewhat one the right track about what is going on, is it possible to set the value to a larger value in the script in kmttg or some other setting for those who wish to or change the default in vidredo? I am not at a computer where i can examine theqsfix.vbs, which might be very obvious that i could modify and not available to use and check vdredo till tomorrow, but i dont recall being able to change the default other than manually processing qsfiles.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #3655
mattack

Quote:
That's probably a consequence of special characters not being preserved via a script which is what is used for combined download/decrypt - a .bat file in case of Windows. The script is not honoring special characters properly in the file name. If you keep download and decrypt separate then everything works as expected. So my suggestion is if this is a problem for you then keep download and decrypt separate and you won't run into the issue.
But can't you fix this?

or at least figure out that special characters are included in the name, and automagically turn off download & decrypt combined in that case?

Basically, this is a fairly serious bug, easily reproducible.

I'm running on Mac OS X, BTW. Is it one of your scripts causing the problem, or something else? Even if something else, maybe that could be fixed?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #3656
moyekj

I don't consider it a serious bug as simply turning off combined decrypt/download solves the problem. Another workaround that may allow you to keep combined download/decrypt is switch to use Java downloads instead.

The problem with non-Java download/decrypt is a Bourne Shell (sh) script is used in the case of Mac/Linux and cmd shell in case of Windows which pipes together the curl command with tivodecode, and the shell does not seem to handle special characters properly, so really it's more of an OS shell issue and I can't think of anything to workaround that.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #3657
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

What Kmttg needs is settings to specify what to replace special characters with, ones the user can customize on their own. Such as the double quotes, we can set with 2 single quotes, or maybe "..", or whatever we prefer.

Currently, they get removed without recourse.

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 12-19-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #3658
cweb

Since upgrading to 8m from 8K. When trying to list my season passes for selected stations I get the following error on all my premiers and elites:

"RPC error response: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot cache data larger than 1048576 bytes (you tried to cache a 1264364 byte object)"

I get this on my windows and my Mac OSX installations.

Any help would be appreciated.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #3659
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
Since upgrading to 8m from 8K. When trying to list my season passes for selected stations I get the following error on all my premiers and elites:

"RPC error response: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot cache data larger than 1048576 bytes (you tried to cache a 1264364 byte object)"

I get this on my windows and my Mac OSX installations.

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "When trying to list my season passes for selected stations"? Do you mean just trying to get list of season passes for a TiVo? There has been hardly any changes at all for the iPad stuff going from k->m version so my guess is if you install k version you would get the same errors, but it's worth trying to see if that's the case:
http://kmttg.googlecode.com/files/kmttg_v0p8k.zip
Perhaps it's a consequence of the recent 14.9.2.2 upgrade, though my Premieres on 14.9.2.2 are still functioning fine with all the kmttg iPad stuff.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:20 AM   #3660
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
Since upgrading to 8m from 8K.
You upgraded from 8m to 8k? Isn't that downgrading?

~~~~~