TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #2011
tvmaster2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnL999 View Post
Just so you guys know, I filled out the lineup change form on TiVo last Tuesday.

Anyway. I have been twittering like a madwoman today, and I finally have TiVo VP Margret and one of the Cox reps speaking to each other, so maybe that will move things along a bit.

It just seems unbelievable to me that this is really so difficult.
and that an unpaid, non-employee of either company is the one getting the ball rolling... thank goodness you're here
tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #2012
pmrowley

Quote:
Just so you guys know, I filled out the lineup change form on TiVo last Tuesday.

Anyway. I have been twittering like a madwoman today, and I finally have TiVo VP Margret and one of the Cox reps speaking to each other, so maybe that will move things along a bit.

YOU'RE working harder than THEM! Thanks for the effort!
pmrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #2013
Johncv

Quote:

Tell them to stop playing games and offer the TiVo-Q on Cox.

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #2014
LynnL999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncv View Post
Tell them to stop playing games and offer the TiVo-Q on Cox.
At this point I would really just settle for an accurate lineup.

Waiting to hear back from Margret...
LynnL999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #2015
LynnL999

Okay, she wrote me back just now that they are getting Tribune involved. Hopefully TiVo + Tribune working on this together is a step forward. I asked her to get back to me when she has info like an ETA on a fix, and I'll post in both threads here if I hear anything more.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #2016
LynnL999

Possibly last update for tonight: The Cox rep I've been talking to all day has also handed me/us off to the night shift, but says they are working closely with TiVo. Margret just emailed me: "We have confirmation Tribune is working on it, but given the late hour I wouldn't expect to see a fix tonight."

So... I guess set manual recordings for anything you want to watch tonight.

I'm going to be offline for awhile trying to, um, catch up on the work I didn't exactly do today. I will post later if I hear anything new, but I'm not really expecting to tonight.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #2017
LynnL999

The latest from the Cox rep I've been talking to: "I am getting updates from TiVo. They are still working on it and the last report I was given from them was that they were hoping to have this escalated and fixed this morning."
Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #2018
LynnL999

Just got this from Margret... please do not yell at me:

"Hi Lynn,

The updates have made it from Cox to Tribune. They will be available to TiVo DVRs that connect to the TiVo Service after Thursday at Noon Pacific.

--Margret"
Old 12-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #2019
unitron

Quote:
J...

Seeing as how TMS pretty much has a monopoly on what they do, I find it quite believable.

"We're number 1. There is no number 2. We don't have to try harder."

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #2020
rule42k

Tired of Cox

I am Cox subscriber in Orange County, CA and have experienced everything that has been described above and am just tired of them (like you guys aren't).

So I called yesterday and asked them if using my current setup if I could received the extra HBO channels that I currently pay for and receive in an SD format. Of course I was told that this would require a "Whole Home DVR" to which I replied, "NO! I will not be forced to pay for something that I should get via CableCard and I would like to cancel my service" After several transfers I was offered free DVR rental and free DVR service for 6 months which hopefully by then they would have a solution that I was happy with.

I was told that I could go down and pickup my box.

Once at the Cox store, I was told that the phone rep set me up for a standard box and that the "Whole Home DVR" required professional installation which I told them I wouldn't pay for and they agreed to come install it for free too.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, but they did do something for me and I guess I should give it a try if it isn't going to cost me anything, but part of me is over it and is ready to go OTA, Netflix & Hulu+
rule42k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #2021
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Seeing as how TMS pretty much has a monopoly on what they do, I find it quite believable.

"We're number 1. There is no number 2. We don't have to try harder."
That's similar to what Lily Tomlin's "Ernestine" said years ago: "We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company." These days that goes double for cable companies, and it may also apply to TMS.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #2022
LynnL999

There is new information for the OC folks over on this thread. Check pages 4 & 5 for the latest info.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #2023
Johncv

Call Cox today because I was having trouble receiving BBC HD. Cox re-paired the cable card and reset the Tuning Adapter and everything work. Then I ask about the Plus package, had no problem at all he just added the codes now I receive all Plus package channels on the TiVo HD.

HDTiVo
Old 12-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #2024
LynnL999

Do you happen to know who you spoke to, Johncv? Do you need to go to 2nd level support for this?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #2025
Johncv

Quote:
Do you happen to know who you spoke to, Johncv? Do you need to go to 2nd level support for this?
No, just called the support number. The person had to go thru a list of codes because apparently Cox use deference codes for each supported box. Had a list of supported boxes also.

If you're having trouble goto this forum:

http://www.sandiegohdtv.org/forums/t...d=2313#pid2313

Try to contact Joshuarat, I am assuming he work for Cox San Diego. He trying to help people out.

HDTiVo
Old 12-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #2026
LynnL999

Thanks, I'll give Joshuarat a try.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #2027
Johncv

Quote:
Thanks, I'll give Joshuarat a try.
Let us know what happens.

HDTiVo
Old 12-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #2028
tvmaster2

Quote:
No, just called the support number. The person had to go thru a list of codes because apparently Cox use deference codes for each supported box. Had a list of supported boxes also.

If you're having trouble goto this forum:

http://www.sandiegohdtv.org/forums/t...d=2313#pid2313

Try to contact Joshuarat, I am assuming he work for Cox San Diego. He trying to help people out.
anything that is learned, please feel free to post it here as well
tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #2029
Johncv

Cox Arizona testing MPEG4 (H.264)

From sandiegohdtv.org:

“Cox Arizona has started testing the broadcast of the Plus Package channels using MPEG4 (H.264). Channels have not launched publicly yet.

What is the current format in San Diego?“

http://www.sandiegohdtv.org/forums/t...d=2327#pid2327

Can TiVo support this?

HDTiVo
Old 12-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #2030
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
From sandiegohdtv.org:

“Cox Arizona has started testing the broadcast of the Plus Package channels using MPEG4 (H.264). Channels have not launched publicly yet.

What is the current format in San Diego?“

http://www.sandiegohdtv.org/forums/t...d=2327#pid2327

Can TiVo support this?
I posted that, Yes the Premieres support MPEG4 (H.264).

Not sure about the Series 3 TiVoHD though.

John, what format do these channels show in your TiVo DVR Diagnostics?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 12-23-2011 at 06:23 PM.
CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #2031
Johncv

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I posted that, Yes the Premieres support MPEG4 (H.264).

Not sure about the Series 3 TiVoHD though.

John, what format do these channels show in your TiVo DVR Diagnostics?
Slightly dumb question, How do I find the format for the channel?

HDTiVo
Old 12-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #2032
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Slightly dumb question, How do I find the format for the channel?
First tune to a Plus Package Channel (1101 HUBHD will do), It does not matter whether you subscribe to the channels or not, it will still show in the Diagnostics

TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Account & System Info > DVR Diagnostics

Tuner: 0 is first and will list the channel number, page down to see all the diagnostic info.

Tuner: 1 is next and will list the channel number, page down to see all the diagnostic info.

One of these should be channel 1101 if that is what you tuned to, page down and look for Video PID: it should either list (MPEG2) or (H.264)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1101-HUBHD.jpg (39.4 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Video Format - (H.264).jpg (44.8 KB, 258 views)

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 12-27-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #2033
LynnL999

Joshuarat over on the SD HDTV forum got me all squared away! I now have all the HD premiums I'm supposed to
Old 01-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #2034
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Joshuarat over on the SD HDTV forum got me all squared away! I now have all the HD premiums I'm supposed to
Lynn, is Cox charging you the extra $5.00/mo for the Plus Package channels?

Or did they authorize them at no addt'l charge? Joshuarat said there would not be a charge.

It sounds like the East Coast may be trying to charge the $5/mo

Old 01-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #2035
LynnL999

Joshuarat did not say anything about a charge, but I guess I will have to wait until my next bill to see.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #2036
h00ligan

h00ligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #2037
Johncv

Quote:
Lynn, is Cox charging you the extra $5.00/mo for the Plus Package channels?

Or did they authorize them at no addt'l charge? Joshuarat said there would not be a charge.

It sounds like the East Coast may be trying to charge the $5/mo
There no additional charge as long as you subscribe to one of the premiums channels HBO, Showtime etc. as I understand it.

HDTiVo
Old 01-10-2012, 04:46 AM   #2038
catatafish

I'm returning our cable cards to Cox today. Finally got fed up with the poor QC on Cox's part.

We have two Series 3 and a Premiere, we had a problem with channels not coming in on at all the Series 3 , and sporadically on the premiere. They checked our system and said we were getting solid strong signal to all of our boxes but we need a Tuning Adapter, clunky, ugly things. Hooked them up an still couldn't get a hand full of channels with the Series 3 (History international and a few other we'd watch regularly), but it seemed to work on the primer. However sporadically on all of the tivos' (at different times) would just go blank and say the channel wouldn't come in (I forget the exact wording) . Sometimes if we went up or down and channel it work again and sometimes we'd have to reboot the tivo. Got to be the Tuning Adapter.

Finally after 8 months of fighting with this problem we are hooking the tivos up to the antenna and getting U-verse for the other channels. Not entirely happy about it, maybe next year we will have FIOS in our area or Cox will fix the problems.

We are in the panhandle of Florida and had Scientific Atlanta Cable Cards (PKM800) and the Cisco STA1520 Tuning Adapter. Is this a common problem or were we just unlucky?
catatafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:10 AM   #2039
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by catatafish View Post
We are in the panhandle of Florida and had Scientific Atlanta Cable Cards (PKM800) and the Cisco STA1520 Tuning Adapter. Is this a common problem or were we just unlucky?
No it is not an issue at all for me in Phoenix w/ Cox, but Cox here has had SDV and Tuning Adapters for several years and Florida is fairly new to the SDV deployment. I can't speak for the Series 3 TiVos but the Premiere does not have any issues for me or my sister (also in Phoenix). Cox Arizona is also a Scientific Atlanta/Cisco market.

Recent Cox markets to deploy SDV like Hampton Roads, VA have had many issues even with their own equipment.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:14 AM   #2040
catatafish

Quote:
No it is not an issue at all for me in Phoenix w/ Cox, but Cox here has had SDV and Tuning Adapters for several years and Florida is fairly new to the SDV deployment. I can't speak for the Series 3 TiVos but the Premiere does not have any issues for me or my sister (also in Phoenix). Cox Arizona is also a Scientific Atlanta/Cisco market.
I guess we are just unlucky then. I hated canceling Cox (cause I love the network I got working with all our TIVOs) but it got so frustrating losing channels as we are watching them and then all the waiting to deal with COX.
catatafish is offline   Reply With Quote