TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #3571
robla64

Original XBOX profile?

I still use XBMC on several original XBOX machines. What would be the best profile to use for this?
Shows that I download from other sources play perfectl. If I could duplicate these settings so I could create my own, that would be great.
robla64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #3572
jeff92k7

Problem: KMTTG is copying shows it has already copied.

My wife and I record Pan AM on Sunday nights, and we have KMTTG set up to automatically copy it and decrypt it as an auto transfer. This has worked fine ever since the season started. Recently, my wife has gone back to watch old episodes and pulled them back to one of our Tivos. Some episodes she doesn't finish right away so we have a copy of an old episode sitting on the Tivo again. Well, when KMTTG runs it's auto transfers, it sees the old episode and copies and decrypts it again. Even though it already did that episode in the past. It winds up deleting the original copy on the computer and puts a new copy in its place. So now, for some episodes on the computer, I have a copy of a copy of a copy with an altered modified date that now puts it out of order in the folder list as displayed on the Tivo.

Why is KMTTG doing this? I thought it wasn't supposed to recopy episodes that it has already processed. This concerns me because it is automatically overwriting the first generation copy with a third generation copy and makes me wonder what other shows it might be doing this to.

please help.

ETA: I have turned off overwrite files for now to prevent this, but that means I have to monitor KMTTG more closely to make sure it successfully copies all the new shows.

Jeff
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #3573
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff92k7 View Post
Problem: KMTTG is copying shows it has already copied.

My wife and I record Pan AM on Sunday nights, and we have KMTTG set up to automatically copy it and decrypt it as an auto transfer. This has worked fine ever since the season started. Recently, my wife has gone back to watch old episodes and pulled them back to one of our Tivos. Some episodes she doesn't finish right away so we have a copy of an old episode sitting on the Tivo again. Well, when KMTTG runs it's auto transfers, it sees the old episode and copies and decrypts it again. Even though it already did that episode in the past. It winds up deleting the original copy on the computer and puts a new copy in its place. So now, for some episodes on the computer, I have a copy of a copy of a copy with an altered modified date that now puts it out of order in the folder list as displayed on the Tivo.

Why is KMTTG doing this? I thought it wasn't supposed to recopy episodes that it has already processed. This concerns me because it is automatically overwriting the first generation copy with a third generation copy and makes me wonder what other shows it might be doing this to.

please help.

ETA: I have turned off overwrite files for now to prevent this, but that means I have to monitor KMTTG more closely to make sure it successfully copies all the new shows.

Jeff
Likely because kmttg uses ProgramId stored in history.ini to track what has previously been processed, but the round trip of downloading, decrypting and then sending back to TiVo results in new/different/missing ProgramId. I can't recall if transfers back to TiVo actually even have a ProgramId or not, but try enabling "Do not process recordings without ProgramId" in Auto Transfers config which may solve the problem. Other option is to "push" back to your TiVo instead of "pull" which results in a copy-protected show which can't be downloaded by kmttg.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #3574
jeff92k7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
... try enabling "Do not process recordings without ProgramId" in Auto Transfers config which may solve the problem.
Will do, thanks!

Quote:
Other option is to "push" back to your TiVo instead of "pull" which results in a copy-protected show which can't be downloaded by kmttg.
This doesn't meet the WAF necessary. She wants it all to work the same, whether it's getting content from the computer or other Tivo. She likes using the links in the now playing list for both the computer and other Tivo. I've tried showing her the vidmgr interface, but she doesn't like the concept of going to a completely different menu to get what she can already do from the now playing list.

Jeff
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #3575
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff92k7 View Post
Will do, thanks!

This doesn't meet the WAF necessary. She wants it all to work the same, whether it's getting content from the computer or other Tivo. She likes using the links in the now playing list for both the computer and other Tivo. I've tried showing her the vidmgr interface, but she doesn't like the concept of going to a completely different menu to get what she can already do from the now playing list.

Jeff
You might also consider changing the auto transfer for each show so that it only looks for that show on the TiVo on which it is initially recorded.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:30 AM   #3576
moyekj

v0p8l version released

This version introduces option to use free tool ProjectX for QS Fix and Ad Cut tasks in lieu of VideoRedo. ProjectX demux is a useful utility for fixing glitches in mpeg2 streams similar to VideoRedo QS Fix. ProjectX also has option to take comskip files as input to cut out identified commercial segments and thus can serve as a much better option to mencoder for Ad Cut task. VideoRedo is still best option if you have it, but now you have option to use the free ProjectX software instead if you wish. Thanks to "kiva.xen" for identifying ProjectX as a viable free alternative to VideoRedo for QS Fix as a feature request.

This version also introduces option to resume downloads from pause point (File->Resume Downloads) if desired. Thanks to forum member "opieant" for pointing out ability to resume downloads for TiVo shows.

Finally there's also a fix to delete shows option using iPad protocol in this release for cases when start time is earlier or later than in schedule.

See release_notes for details of this release.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #3577
osmosis

Tivo Premier Elite

Hi there,

Will KMTTG work with the Tivo Premite Elite?
[tivo website]/products/tivo-premiere-elite/

Any recommendations on the best way to record and archive new content and access old content? From everything I've seen, it looks like the best setup would be a combination of the Tivo and KMTTG for new content and a Blu Ray player that can stream older content from places like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon. The main benefit here being that KMTTG allows me to move content from the Tivo to my NAS.

Thanks in advance for any help or info you can provide.

-Ed
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #3578
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
This version introduces option to use free tool ProjectX for QS Fix and Ad Cut tasks in lieu of VideoRedo. ProjectX demux is a useful utility for fixing glitches in mpeg2 streams similar to VideoRedo QS Fix. ProjectX also has option to take comskip files as input to cut out identified commercial segments and thus can serve as a much better option to mencoder for Ad Cut task. VideoRedo is still best option if you have it, but now you have option to use the free ProjectX software instead if you wish. Thanks to "kiva.xen" for identifying ProjectX as a viable free alternative to VideoRedo for QS Fix as a feature request.

This version also introduces option to resume downloads from pause point (File->Resume Downloads) if desired. Thanks to forum member "opieant" for pointing out ability to resume downloads for TiVo shows.

Finally there's also a fix to delete shows option using iPad protocol in this release for cases when start time is earlier or later than in schedule.

See release_notes for details of this release.
For this new version: v0p8l,

Let me make sure I understand: ProjectX, once dowloaded, goes in a folder in the KMTTG folder, CORRECT?
Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #3579
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
This version introduces option to use free tool ProjectX for QS Fix and Ad Cut tasks in lieu of VideoRedo.
Great news!

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #3580
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post
For this new version: v0p8l,

Let me make sure I understand: ProjectX, once dowloaded, goes in a folder in the KMTTG folder, CORRECT?
The updated Windows & Mac tools zip files will put it under ProjectX folder where kmttg.jar resides by default, but you can install it wherever you like as in kmttg configuration you specify the full path to ProjectX.jar. kmttg will look for it automatically in the location I mentioned above. VideoRedo is still the better/faster option if you already have it but at least there seems to be a viable free alternative out there that did fix mpeg2 files with timestamp issues from my testing (I keep a couple of video files with known timestamp issues around for testing purposes).

Old 11-23-2011, 12:22 AM   #3581
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Does anyone know what this error means:

Quote:
t2extract failed (exit code: 6 ) - check command: C:\KMTTG\CCExtractor\ccextractorwin.exe -f srt "I:\VIDEO\KMTTG Videos\2 mpg Cut Directory\A Charlie Brown Christmas (Recorded Dec 8, 2009, WAAY).mpg"

Error: Failed to determine total file size.
?

I am unable to extract CC (Closed Captions) fro the life of me, and I don't know what I am doing wrong...
Old 11-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #3582
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
Hi there,

Will KMTTG work with the Tivo Premite Elite?
[tivo website]/products/tivo-premiere-elite/

Any recommendations on the best way to record and archive new content and access old content? From everything I've seen, it looks like the best setup would be a combination of the Tivo and KMTTG for new content and a Blu Ray player that can stream older content from places like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon. The main benefit here being that KMTTG allows me to move content from the Tivo to my NAS.

Thanks in advance for any help or info you can provide.

-Ed
I think you have it. Use kmttg to archive new shows and your set top box or blue ray to watch them streaming later from your has. You can also stream them back to your tivo but if you scroll back a few days in this thread, there are some thoughts on that. I personally archive and watch on stb and when I travel, copy several shows to a portable hard drive to watch them on same travel stb in hotels and such.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #3583
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Hi there,

I am wondering if I made an error in the installation of the new version.

I am getting files WITHOUT sound of any kind (see my post above with error #6 in case it has something to do with it).

Should I go back a version?
Old 11-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #3584
moyekj

Quote:
Hi there,

I am wondering if I made an error in the installation of the new version.

I am getting files WITHOUT sound of any kind (see my post above with error #6 in case it has something to do with it).

Should I go back a version?
How did you determine there is no sound? mediainfo is a good program to examine the contents of video files and report what is inside. Install that and run it on your video and look for audio information that most likely is present. My guess is more likely you have missing codecs when playing back recording on your PC or something along those lines. If you install VideoLAN VLC and it can play back the video properly with sound that's another way to confirm the video is fine.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #3585
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
How did you determine there is no sound? mediainfo is a good program to examine the contents of video files and report what is inside. Install that and run it on your video and look for audio information that most likely is present. My guess is more likely you have missing codecs when playing back recording on your PC or something along those lines. If you install VideoLAN VLC and it can play back the video properly with sound that's another way to confirm the video is fine.
I have all CODECS installed,

BUT I always run a single file test of any batch on a TiVo. The first batch I run produced six programs. None of them had sound.

I am not accusing KMTTG, I am saying I installed it wrong somehow when I unpacked it, I am just trying to figure out HOW.

---> Also, moyekj, I didn't only replace the kmttg.jar file, I replaced the directories that "unzipped" along with it.

Last edited by Hercules67 : 11-23-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Add info...
Old 11-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #3586
moyekj

Quote:
I have all CODECS installed,

BUT I always run a single file test of any batch on a TiVo. The first batch I run produced six programs. None of them had sound.

I am not accusing KMTTG, I am saying I installed it wrong somehow when I unpacked it, I am just trying to figure out HOW.

---> Also, moyekj, I didn't only replace the kmttg,jar file, I replaced the directories that "unzipped" along with it.
It's not clear what you are doing and which type of file seems to be missing audio. Is it the .TiVo file, .mpg file, something else? There's nothing in kmttg that can be screwed up in such a way that you get video but no sound which is why I'm saying you should use mediainfo and/or VLC to check the videos to see if audio is really present or not. If you are using Windows Media or similar for playback it's easy to get screwed up or missing codecs. You have to first clarify and determine what the real problem is before trying to solve the problem.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #3587
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
It's not clear what you are doing and which type of file seems to be missing audio. Is it the .TiVo file, .mpg file, something else? There's nothing in kmttg that can be screwed up in such a way that you get video but no sound which is why I'm saying you should use mediainfo and/or VLC to check the videos to see if audio is really present or not. If you are using Windows Media or similar for playback it's easy to get screwed up or missing codecs. You have to first clarify and determine what the real problem is before trying to solve the problem.
All the source files from TIVO have sound according to MediaInfo. The decrypted files ALSO have sound. It's the end files that don't have any sound. This time, for the first time, I let KMTTG do the whole process (from decrypt to encode to mp4). Previously, I stopped in the middle to check the commercial brakes. This is why I am confused.

I used this profile: hb_tivo_std,
but really that interchangeable for me with ff_tivo_std.

So I dunno.

All output files (mp4s) have been deleted at this point and I have started over. But I can reclaim them from the recycle bin to recheck them again. And no, where I was looking at them, before MediaInfo, was on the TiVo itself through a "pull"... but I could already tell something was wrong because the files were so small.

--------------------------------------

All mp4s in question were checked. None had sound. I put them back in the recycle bin. I dunno what I did wrong. Maybe I have the wrong version of Handbrake installed.

Last edited by Hercules67 : 11-23-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Add info....
Old 11-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #3588
moyekj

Quote:
All the source files from TIVO have sound according to MediaInfo. The decrypted files ALSO have sound. It's the end files that don't have any sound. This time, for the first time, I let KMTTG do the whole process (from decrypt to encode to mp4). Previously, I stopped in the middle to check the commercial brakes. This is why I am confused.

I used this profile: hb_tivo_std,
but really that interchangeable for me with ff_tivo_std.

So I dunno.

All output files (mp4s) have been deleted at this point and I have started over. But I can reclaim them from the recycle bin to recheck them again. And no, where I was looking at them, before MediaInfo, was on the TiVo itself through a "pull"... but I could already tell something was wrong because the files were so small.

--------------------------------------

All mp4s in question were checked. None had sound. I put them back in the recycle bin. I dunno what I did wrong. Maybe I have the wrong version of Handbrake installed.
OK that explains it. Those encoding profiles generate mp4 container with AC3 audio that cannot be handled by many players as that is a relatively new spec. Those profiles are intended to generate TiVo compatible mp4 files (which can handle mp4 with AC3 audio). VLC can handle playback of such files on your computer and if you check with mediainfo you will see they do actually have AC3 sound. Media Player or similar cannot handle playback of such files.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #3589
caddyroger

Files being placed on the desk top

I put in a new motherboard in today so I had to install my programs again. I tried to install KMTTG to my c drive. When I opened the jar it read that I had to install some files. I clicked yes but instead of in c/KMTTG in put them on my desk top.
Has any one had this problem
Old 11-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #3590
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
I put in a new motherboard in today so I had to install my programs again. I tried to install KMTTG to my c drive. When I opened the jar it read that I had to install some files. I clicked yes but instead of in c/KMTTG in put them on my desk top.
Has any one had this problem
That probably means you have kmttg.jar installed on your desktop since the tool installation is done relative to that. I would make sure you unzip the installation zip under c:\kmttg and then setup a desktop shortcut to kmttg.jar at that location.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #3591
caddyroger

Quote:
That probably means you have kmttg.jar installed on your desktop since the tool installation is done relative to that. I would make sure you unzip the installation zip under c:\kmttg and then setup a desktop shortcut to kmttg.jar at that location.
I found what I was doing wrong. Right after I unzipped KMTTG I just dragged the Jar short cut icon to the desk top. I then opened it up from there and windows was putting on the desk with the jar short cut.
sorry for bother you thank. Have a good Thanks giving

Last edited by caddyroger : 11-24-2011 at 03:19 PM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #3592
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
OK that explains it. Those encoding profiles generate mp4 container with AC3 audio that cannot be handled by many players as that is a relatively new spec. Those profiles are intended to generate TiVo compatible mp4 files (which can handle mp4 with AC3 audio). VLC can handle playback of such files on your computer and if you check with mediainfo you will see they do actually have AC3 sound. Media Player or similar cannot handle playback of such files.
I am having the same SOUND problem with all other encoding profiles.

At this point, I don't know what I am doing wrong, so I am going to roll back a version, eliminate PROJECT X from the equation and try again. I will let you know if it's me, as in if it's my machine after the roll-back.

I know I only have a Windows XP machine with a two-threaded CPU, but still, I am allowing KMTTG to run by itslelf.

OH, BTW, Happy Thankgiving!

I was just trying to get some shows ready for the kids! You all enjoy the day!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #3593
moyekj

With ProjectX it will eliminate captions so that would explain missing captions. The audio problem is issue with whatever media player you are using. As I said if you use VLC player instead it should work fine.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #3594
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
With ProjectX it will eliminate captions so that would explain missing captions. The audio problem is issue with whatever media player you are using. As I said if you use VLC player instead it should work fine.
Oh, I have VLC. It still doesn't work. No sound file or signature present. Period.

One other thought. VideoRedo forced me to update through the internet a few days ago. Could that have caused my problem?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #3595
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You may not have the proper codec when you watch the videos on the PC, the audio is AC3.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #3596
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
You may not have the proper codec when you watch the videos on the PC, the audio is AC3.
I know I do....I've encoded with it. I am sort of a codecs wiz from long ago, always have been, just didn't know all their intricacies... I just knew I needed them all (and all the different players). I even have Classic Media Player and Real Player.

But still, all you all are telling me that up to now, I was able to decrypt and encode FINE (aka w/o problems) but now, all of a sudden, I can't? That makes no sense to me.

Either the update to VideoRedo did it.
Or my installation of ProjectX (I didn't do it right).
OR the latest version of KMTTG.

Pick one.

I am rolling all back to see where I am.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #3597
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Do you have this codec?

~~~~~

Old 11-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #3598
Hercules67
TiVo addict

I have an XP Codec Pack.
I have an XVID Codec Pack.
I have a Matroska Codec Pack.
I have AC3 Filter Installed.

From running Codec Detective in XP Codec Pack I get this:
Codec Name: AC3 <Installed>
Driver: C:\DWINDOWS\System32\ac3filter.acm

Quote:
AC3Filter
FileVersion = 1.31b
CompanyName =
FileDescription = ac3filter
InternalName = ac3filter
LegalCopyright = Copyright c 2002-2007 by Alexander Vigovsky
OriginalFileName = ac3filter.ax
ProductName = AC3Filter
ProductVersion = 1.31b
Is that out of line?

If yes, please explain why?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #3599
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You might need FFDSHOW.

~~~~~

Old 11-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #3600
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
You might need FFDSHOW.
ffdshow is installed.

AC3 is shown running OFF liba52. Is that incorrect? Should I change it?