TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #3271
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Does anyone have an episode of Breaking Bad that they actually recorded on their computer?
I would record it but I'm on TWC and all channels except locals are copy protected so no TTG (or MRV).

Still wondering if the ID they get will depend on whether they already have recordings on their TiVo made before the zap2it changes.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #3272
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Huhh ??

I was using Metagenerator 3 to look at ID's returned by theTVDB.com, trying to see if I could push the 7-digit SH number limit higher than SH102671. I found "Breaking Bad" returning "SH01009396", which is 8-digits and BELOW the limit.

"Breaking Bad" is also on the list linked a few posts above by lpwcomp, but with the ID = "SH1009396", i.e., WITHOUT the leading zero.

Is there actually any solid info regarding this issue?
Not that I am aware of, thus the caveat in my initial code post.

What is in theTVDB is really not relevant except that it means that it is probably not an accurate source for the upper limit. The important thing is - what does TiVo use?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #3273
lpwcomp

Quote:
I would record it but I'm on TWC and all channels except locals are copy protected so no TTG (or MRV).
You should still be able to determine seriesId using the program that wcmbrine wrote.

Quote:
Still wondering if the ID they get will depend on whether they already have recordings on their TiVo made before the zap2it changes.
Extremely unlikely.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #3274
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
You should still be able to determine seriesId using the program that wcmbrine wrote.
LOL, I was one of the first users of that program -- then forgot completely about it. I got it going again but nothing on my TiVo now has an ID number in the magic gap, and using MG3 and my program guide I can't find anything to record tonight that falls in the gap. My tivo shows no episodes of Breaking Bad in the next 12 days.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #3275
innocentfreak

I would imagine that you could verify if Breaking Bad was changed by searching season pass alerts. I think when the series ID has changed this is what has required users to create a new season pass.

I remember years ago this was fairly prevalent but it then went away. There was a time when several season passes just broke over night and the only fix was to recreate the season pass.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #3276
lpwcomp

Quote:
LOL, I was one of the first users of that program -- then forgot completely about it. I got it going again but nothing on my TiVo now has an ID number in the magic gap, and using MG3 and my program guide I can't find anything to record tonight that falls in the gap. My tivo shows no episodes of Breaking Bad in the next 12 days.
I've been using it quite a bit over the last day or so. It's how I determined that pushed shows are getting those weird seriesIds. tivo.mind apparently uses some arcane formula involving metadata seriesId, seriesTitle and title. I guess you could say it has a - mind of its own.

My other recent use of it was one reason I was so peeved at the recent mass update to theTVDB. I had updated 8-10 records by hand for new series using the seriesIds I got using the program, only to be undone in one fell swoop.

I took another look at the list. It appears to me that, with a few notable exceptions, most of the 7 digit entries are one-offs. So whatever the final resolution, it doesn't present a huge problem.

While I've got your attention, If you do decide to make a mod to MetaGenerator, while you're mucking about in it, how difficult would it be to change it to allow 4 digit episode numbers? Just askin'.

Last edited by lpwcomp : 11-03-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #3277
lpwcomp

Grouping of pulled shows with arbitrary seriesId

I have some documentation showing grouping of pulled shows on a Premiere based on a made up seriesId. Since I don't have TV screen capture capability, I had to get it elsewhere. You'll just have to take my word for it that I didn't make it up. I put it in a "CODE" block to maintain formatting.

Code:
Harry Potter Movies (2)	Fri 11/15/02 07:00 	  	 0:04 	0.04 GB 	 1.63 

Harry Potter Movies - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets	Fri 11/15/02 07:00 		 0:01 	0.02 GB 	 1.93 
Harry Potter Movies - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone	Fri 11/16/01 07:00 		 0:02 	0.02 GB 	 1.33 

HP01234567 Harry Potter Movies
Not counting blank lines, the first line is from the main kmttg NPL list for the Premiere. The next two lines are the contents of the folder, again from kmttg. The final line is the relevant line of output from the seriesid program that wcmbrine wrote. Note that the seriesId is the one I created and not one of those strange ones created by tivo.mind

Old 11-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #3278
lpwcomp

Metadata seriesId fix

Based on the results of tests dlfl and I performed, it appears that TiVo is using either 6 digits or 8 digits after the SH, and not using 7 at all. With that in mind, here is the third and hopefully final version of the code:

Code:

if ( tvTag == 'seriesId' ):
                                texttmp = str(text).translate(None,' ') # remove all blanks
                                if ( texttmp.startswith('EP') ):
                                        texttmp = texttmp.lstrip('EP') # strip off leading 'EP' if there is one
                                if ( texttmp.startswith('SH') ) :
                                        texttmp = texttmp.lstrip('SH') # same for SH
                                if ( texttmp.isdigit() ): # if remaining is numeric
                                        texttmp = texttmp.lstrip('0') # strip leading zeros
                                        if (int(texttmp) < 1000000 ): #  6 digit format
                                                texttmp = texttmp.zfill(6)
                                        else:
                                                texttmp = texttmp.zfill(8)

text = "SH" + texttmp # add leading 'SH' to numeric ID

Old 11-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #3279
bgc

Why do .mp4 videos transferred with pyTivo seem to fast forward and rewind alot faster than the same files transferred with Tivo Desktop? The 2nd level ">>" fast forward seems to be faster then the normal 3rd level and the 3rd level for the pyTivo files is so fast you can't really use it.
bgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #3280
pmiranda

I've noticed that on some .mp4 videos I transfer to TiVo that the first fast-forward is still just 1X speed... I'm guessing it has to do with the number of "key" frames per second. TiVo can't interpolate on the fly so the only way to get all the playback capability you expect would be to adjust the ffmpeg settings for the transcode. I don't know exactly what they would be, but this seems like the right avenue.
pmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #3281
txporter
One sec, almost done

Yes, it is the key frame setting. For ffmpeg the string is --keyint. It defaults to 250, which amounts to around 8s for 29.97fps video. I normally IVTC my video back to 23.976fps and then use a keyint of 48.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #3282
bgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
Yes, it is the key frame setting. For ffmpeg the string is --keyint. It defaults to 250, which amounts to around 8s for 29.97fps video. I normally IVTC my video back to 23.976fps and then use a keyint of 48.
IVTC? Does this slow down the FF? If so, how would you go about setting this using pyTivo?

Thanks,
BGC
Old 11-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #3283
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgc View Post
IVTC? Does this slow down the FF? If so, how would you go about setting this using pyTivo?

Thanks,
BGC
IVTC is inverse telecine. It is a method of removing the 3:2 pullup that is applied to FILM rate video (24p) to place on DVD (29.97fps). It doesn't really affect FF, but the number of keyframes will.

You don't use it in pyTivo, but you need to IVTC before sending to pyTivo. I do this when preparing files. I then send the completed files to my tivos with pytivo.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #3284
Shanezam203

I have tried a few times unsuccessfully to setup pyTivo but I want to try again. Setup correctly, will I be able to create a Folder for MOVIES and relocate movies recorded on HBO that are in my Now Playing into that folder?

Essentially I'd like to push the Now Playing button & have a few specific folders. Or leave everything in Now Playing as it is and just make 1 folder for Movies.

Thanks,

Shane
Shanezam203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #3285
bgc

Quote:
IVTC is inverse telecine. It is a method of removing the 3:2 pullup that is applied to FILM rate video (24p) to place on DVD (29.97fps). It doesn't really affect FF, but the number of keyframes will.

You don't use it in pyTivo, but you need to IVTC before sending to pyTivo. I do this when preparing files. I then send the completed files to my tivos with pytivo.
Aren't you supposed to be able to add commands to what is sent to ffmpeg when pyTivo calls it?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #3286
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanezam203 View Post
I have tried a few times unsuccessfully to setup pyTivo but I want to try again. Setup correctly, will I be able to create a Folder for MOVIES and relocate movies recorded on HBO that are in my Now Playing into that folder?

Essentially I'd like to push the Now Playing button & have a few specific folders. Or leave everything in Now Playing as it is and just make 1 folder for Movies.

Thanks,

Shane
pyTivo doesn't have any affect on anything that is already on your TiVo.

Since you said the movies are recorded off of HBO, they are probably copy protected and you can't even pull them to the PC, but if they aren't:

The only way to do what you want to do would be to pull the movies to your PC, decrypt and generate metadata for them, modify the metedata so they all have the same grouping data, delete them from the TiVo and push them (or pull if it is a Premiere).

If you wanted to leave them on the PC, you could just put them all in the same folder on the PC and create a pyTivo share for that folder.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #3287
Shanezam203

Thanks for the reply, so with pyTivo it more so communicates with media on my PC to the Tivo, not actually used to Group the media in Now Playing?
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #3288
lpwcomp

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, so with pyTivo it more so communicates with media on my PC to the Tivo, not actually used to Group the media in Now Playing?
More or less correct. It's like TiVo Desktop+ except much better ... and free. The thing is, if the movies aren't copy protected, you could copy them to your PC, put them all in a folder, create a pyTivo "share" and that folder would show up in the NPL of your TiVo.

As i said though, they are most likely copy protected.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #3289
Shanezam203

Quote:
More or less correct. It's like TiVo Desktop+ except much better ... and free. The thing is, if the movies aren't copy protected, you could copy them to your PC, put them all in a folder, create a pyTivo "share" and that folder would show up in the NPL of your TiVo.

As i said though, they are most likely copy protected.
A lot of them have the red no smoking copy protected sign... with that said, there isn't much I can do to try to make Groups in now playing right? I have the 1tb esata drive, so it's nice; but it would be nice to be able to organize the media besides just alphabetically and chronological.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #3290
jcthorne

You cannot regroup files that are already transferred to the tivo. The tivo does the grouping based on the metadata sent with the file. pytivo sends the metadata and the file to the tivo.

By changing the metadata and resending the file, you can change how they are grouped.

If you have a large number of files, say a group of movies and want them presented by genre, actor, date or whatever on the tivo, I suggest you look at vidmgr, and HME extension for pytivo that creates very nice HD menus for video stored on your server and transferres it to the tivo on demand.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #3291
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Aren't you supposed to be able to add commands to what is sent to ffmpeg when pyTivo calls it?
Yes, but ffmpeg doesn't have a filter to do inverse telecine.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #3292
bgc

Quote:
Yes, but ffmpeg doesn't have a filter to do inverse telecine.
Is there a way to fix the keyframes so FastForward acts normally?
Old 11-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #3293
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Is there a way to fix the keyframes so FastForward acts normally?
H.264 video is more difficult to decode than MPEG2. You can't really get the same seeking performance, but you can get closer with more keyframes. Ffmpeg uses -g to set the maximum value between keyframes. I normally use a value equal to 2x the framerate (48 for film rate video or 60 for NTSC video).
Old 11-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #3294
Shanezam203

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
You cannot regroup files that are already transferred to the tivo. The tivo does the grouping based on the metadata sent with the file. pytivo sends the metadata and the file to the tivo.

By changing the metadata and resending the file, you can change how they are grouped.

If you have a large number of files, say a group of movies and want them presented by genre, actor, date or whatever on the tivo, I suggest you look at vidmgr, and HME extension for pytivo that creates very nice HD menus for video stored on your server and transferres it to the tivo on demand.
any screen shots of that on the Tivo now playing page?
Old 11-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #3295
jcthorne

Quote:
any screen shots of that on the Tivo now playing page?
This link should take you to a page of the thread with some screen shots. I do suggest you read the rest of the info though.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...468466&page=12

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #3296
lpwcomp

I have a very odd situation. I recorded something on the TP and transferred it to my PC via kmttg. When I try to transfer it back to either the TP or the THD via pyTivo pull, it is flagged as "Transferring prohibited by the copyright holder". I can transfer it fine via TTG or directly between from the TP to the THD.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #3297
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Means ffmpeg can't read it.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #3298
lpwcomp

Admittedly, I was using a newer version of ffmpeg. I switched back to the recommended version - no change. Additional info:

It transcodes OK and the mpeg transfers and plays with no problem.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #3299
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Show log/console output if you want more help.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #3300
lpwcomp

Not really seeking help, just reporting it:

INFO:pyTivo.config:Shares security in use -- zeroconf disabled
INFO:pyTivo:pyTivo is ready.
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.104 [24/Nov/2011 21:26:43] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Container&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:26:43] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Container&Container=%2F&DoGenres=1 HTTP/1.0" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.103 [24/Nov/2011 21:26:44] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Container&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:26:58] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:26:58] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:03] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Formats&SourceFormat=video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:03] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Container&Container=TiVoToGo&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCoun t=8&Filter=x-tivo-co
ntainer%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F*&Se
rialNum=<REDACTED> HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:05] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:05] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Container&Container=TiVoToGo&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCoun t=-8&Filter=x-tivo-c
ontainer%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F*&S
erialNum=<REDACTED> HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:06] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:06] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Container&Container=TiVoToGo&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCoun t=8&AnchorItem=%2FTi
VoToGo%2FThe%2520Untouchables.S04E12.Doublecross.TiVo&Anchor Offset=-8&Filter=x-t
ivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%
2F*&SerialNum=<REDACTED> HTTP/1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:09] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:09] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Container&Container=TiVoToGo&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCoun t=8&AnchorItem=%2FTi
VoToGo%2FSecrets%2520of%2520a%2520Restaurant%2520Chef.000.Th e%2520Secret%2520to%
2520Piccolini.TiVo&AnchorOffset=-8&Filter=x-tivo-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-
container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F*&SerialNum=<REDACTED> HTTP/
1.1" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:starting ffmpeg, will wait 10 seconds for it to com
plete
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:ffmpeg output=FFmpeg version SVN-r21659-rdian06-1.0
2-win-x86_32, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
built on Aug 24 2010 20:46:16 with gcc 4.4.0
configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --disable-debug --enable-hardcoded-table
s --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-ffserver
--disable-ffplay --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-libmp3lame --enable-li
bvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libgsm --enable-libx264 --
enable-libschroedinger --enable-libfaad --enable-libxvid --disable-decoder=aac -
-enable-avisynth --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf
libavutil 50. 8. 0 / 50. 8. 0
libavcodec 52.52. 0 / 52.52. 0
libavformat 52.50. 0 / 52.50. 0
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libavfilter 1.17. 0 / 1.17. 0
libswscale 0.10. 0 / 0.10. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0

Seems stream 1 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: inf (1/0) ->
nan (0/0)
Input #0, mpeg, from 'F:\Video\Rachael Ray.6054.Jason Segel.TiVo':
Duration: 01:00:03.21, start: 1.000000, bitrate: 3076 kb/s
Stream #0.0[0x1bd]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 192 kb/s
Stream #0.1[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, 90k tbn
At least one output file must be specified

DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at vWidth/vHeight
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:failed at vFps
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:aFreq=48000; vFps=; container=mpeg; kbps=3076; mapA
udio=[('0.0', '[0x1bd]')]; vHeight=; vCodec=mpeg2video; Supported=False; aKbps=1
92; par=None; millisecs=3603210; par2=None; par1=None; mapVideo=0.1; vWidth=; da
r1=None; aCodec=ac3
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:FALSE, file not supported F:\Video\Rachael Ray.6054
.Jason Segel.TiVo
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=Query
Container&Container=TiVoToGo&SortOrder=!CaptureDate&ItemCoun t=1&AnchorItem=%2FTi
VoToGo%2FRachael%2520Ray.6054.Jason%2520Segel.TiVo&AnchorOff set=-1&Filter=x-tivo
-container%2Ftivo-videos,x-tivo-container%2Ffolder,video%2Fx-tivo-mpeg,video%2F*
&SerialNum=<REDACTED> HTTP/1.1" 200 -
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:CACHE HIT! F:\Video\Rachael Ray.6054.Jason Segel.Ti
Vo
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:FALSE, file not supported F:\Video\Rachael Ray.6054
.Jason Segel.TiVo
INFO:pyTivo:192.168.1.102 [24/Nov/2011 21:27:13] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=TVBus
Query&Container=TiVoToGo&File=%2FRachael%20Ray.6054.Jason%20 Segel.TiVo&SerialNum
=<REDACTED> HTTP/1.1" 200 -