TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #2821
bsdimp

I have a HR10-250 that I just moved from the basement upstairs. I plugged it into the phone line for the first time and it upgraded to 6.4a. This unit has never been hacked. I'd like to put it on the network, use it as a media player, etc.

There's a lot of information, maybe too much (and too many broken links), about the TiVo hacking. This looks like a cool hack, but I must be missing something. I have no serial port access to my TiVo, so how do I go about running this script or putting it on my TiVo? Or is there an x86 boot CD somewhere that I need to add this to that I can then use to splat it onto the disk I lovingly remove from the HR10, plug into that PC, run the stuff, and then return lovingly to the TiVo HR10?

Thanks a bunch. Sorry to be such a noobbb
bsdimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #2822
HellFish
I can dress myself.

Try the Zipper that is mentioned in the second sentence of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch View Post
Attached is an automated script that tweaks and enhances your already-hacked Tivo. This script is included with The Zipper, so you don't need to run it if you've already completed a full Zipper install.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #2823
millertime

Tivo Web Plus in Root?

I just ran the enhancement script on a HDVR2 that i baked with Instantcake and PVRnet. I answered yes when questioned if I wanted to install TWP (although I guess i did not need to since it was already put on there by PTVnet) and it installed TWP in the root directory. Is this the best place for it? Does it matter where it is installed? The reason I ask is because it seems that any modules I look at to add always seem to assume that TWP resides in /var/hack. I understand that the enhancement script moves everything out of /var/hack to eliminate the chance of deletion but should TWP be have a shortcut there?

Thanks for helping me understand. I just want to try and get my set up as ideal as possible.
millertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #2824
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime View Post
I just ran the enhancement script on a HDVR2 that i baked with Instantcake and PVRnet. I answered yes when questioned if I wanted to install TWP (although I guess i did not need to since it was already put on there by PTVnet) and it installed TWP in the root directory. Is this the best place for it? Does it matter where it is installed? The reason I ask is because it seems that any modules I look at to add always seem to assume that TWP resides in /var/hack. I understand that the enhancement script moves everything out of /var/hack to eliminate the chance of deletion but should TWP be have a shortcut there?

Thanks for helping me understand. I just want to try and get my set up as ideal as possible.
It really doesn't matter where you put it. I like to keep everything out of var, since it occasionally gets deleted as a matter of course. Leave the TWP folder in var, because Tivowebplus will continue to store backup and profile information there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #2825
millertime

I was looking at my author file tonight and am curious about how messy and full of junk it looks. Maybe it looks normal, but I think there has been things put in it from ptvnet as well as the enhancement script. For instance, I was not able to turn off endpad through hackman so I went in and commented it out in the author file and now it shows that it is stopped in hackman. Is there anywhere I can look at a author file of someone's to compair it to mine and see what junk exists?

Also, does the enhancement script remove encryption from tivo, or did ptvnet remove it, or do I have to run something else?

Thanks for the help.
Adam
Old 02-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #2826
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime View Post
I was looking at my author file tonight and am curious about how messy and full of junk it looks. Maybe it looks normal, but I think there has been things put in it from ptvnet as well as the enhancement script. For instance, I was not able to turn off endpad through hackman so I went in and commented it out in the author file and now it shows that it is stopped in hackman. Is there anywhere I can look at a author file of someone's to compair it to mine and see what junk exists?

Also, does the enhancement script remove encryption from tivo, or did ptvnet remove it, or do I have to run something else?

Thanks for the help.
Adam
Neither ptvnet or the enhancement script disables encryption. You have to use superpatch or whatever the current patching script is over at DDB.

or

Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #2827
millertime

Thanks rbautch. I will check over there.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #2828
bigjess

Can someone help me with this? I zippered a new tivo following this thread (tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=265929) via the instructions over here - (mastersav.com/tivo_zipper.html). Then I ran the enhancement script, rebooted, everything seems to be fine.

So I recorded some shows and tried to watch them via streaming to my comp. I found vserver was in the busybox directory, so I added "/busybox/vserver &" to my author file and verified it was running. However when I try to watch them everything goes off the rails. I've noticed that the asx links from the now playing list in TWP seem to be all scrambled. I had no problem steaming via TWP 1.3.1 on another tivo (tyshow's already installed on the comp).

A link from TWP 1.3.1 that works is:
192.168.10.110/asx/4429271.asx

TWP v2.1.b2 installed from the enhacement script produces this link:
192.168.10.151/%7BFriends%7D%7BThe%20One%20With%20the%20Wedding%20Dresses%7 D%7BPI22%7D%7B32641%7D.asx

Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong and what I need to do to fix this?

Pertinent details:
Hughes Directivo SD-DVR40, HD upgraded, zippered via (mastersav.com/tivo_zipper.html) with an instacake image and the ptvnet boot cd as it specifies. Enhancement script via those instructions too.

Many thanks in advance, this is driving me nutz.
bigjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #2829
sk33t3r

Sounds like you need to run superpatch which is over on DDB
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re
sk33t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #2830
Drewster
Shooting blanks

I just used tweak.sh to update my rbautch hacks -- in particular, I was looking to get updated fakecall and TWP, as fakecall no longer worked after updating my HDVR2 to 6.4a.

However, after the reboot a number of built-in commands seem to be missing: which, dmesg, printenv, etc. How can I figure out [a] what went wrong, and [b] how to get them back?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #2831
Drewster
Shooting blanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
I just used tweak.sh to update my rbautch hacks -- in particular, I was looking to get updated fakecall and TWP, as fakecall no longer worked after updating my HDVR2 to 6.4a.

However, after the reboot a number of built-in commands seem to be missing: which, dmesg, printenv, etc. How can I figure out [a] what went wrong, and [b] how to get them back?

Thanks for any assistance.
Hmmm. Looks like it happened via the busybox "upgrade". Looking through my terminal history, I see before:
Code:
BusyBox v1.00 (2004.10.20-05:30+0000) multi-call binary
and after:
Code:
BusyBox v1.10.1 (2008-05-09 21:15:22 CDT) multi-call binary
In particular, the newer version doesn't have dmesg, which, etc.

Crud! Now what?
Old 08-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #2832
Drewster
Shooting blanks

I fixed it, kinda, by downloading the mips binary of busybox 1.16.1 and ftping it into /busybox. I need to repoint some symlinks and add ones that I want, but the path to resolution is clear.

http://www.busybox.net/downloads/bin...1/busybox-mips

Now then, I wonder if this fouled up busybox is why fakecall seems to have disappeared?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #2833
rbautch
User

Quote:
I fixed it, kinda, by downloading the mips binary of busybox 1.16.1 and ftping it into /busybox. I need to repoint some symlinks and add ones that I want, but the path to resolution is clear.

Now then, I wonder if this fouled up busybox is why fakecall seems to have disappeared?
You might consider downloading the Tivo Utilities from my signature, which contains Busybox. The Busybox distribution is not quite as new as your download, but that shouldn't matter much, and includes many other full featured utilities and tivo-centric tools that don't come with Busybox.

or

Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #2834
Drewster
Shooting blanks

Quote:

Indeed, it seems that 1.10.1 doesn't support mv, so the relocating of fakecall failed. Once I installed 1.16.1, I stepped through the script manually and put everything right again.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #2835
Drewster
Shooting blanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch View Post
You might consider downloading the Tivo Utilities from my signature, which contains Busybox. The Busybox distribution is not quite as new as your download, but that shouldn't matter much, and includes many other full featured utilities and tivo-centric tools that don't come with Busybox.
The last edit on that post indicates that it's handing out version 1.10.1, which is the one I found to have dramatically less features.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #2836
rbautch
User

Quote:
Indeed, it seems that 1.10.1 doesn't support mv, so the relocating of fakecall failed. Once I installed 1.16.1, I stepped through the script manually and put everything right again.
Tivos come with mv installed natively in /bin, so it's not needed in busybox. May want to check to see that /bin is in your PATH.

or

Old 08-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #2837
rbautch
User

Quote:
The last edit on that post indicates that it's handing out version 1.10.1, which is the one I found to have dramatically less features.
The number of features haven't changed much between versions, and I doubt any have been added that are useful on a Tivo. When I compiled version 1.10.1, I included only features that are useful on a Tivo, or aren't already on your Tivo. This keeps the size of Busybox down to a minimum. Check out the full list of Busybox commands here, and you'll see that most are useless on a Tivo. That means a bloated busybox binary compiled with every feature is just taking up extra space.

or

Old 03-30-2011, 01:46 AM   #2838
jfuredy

No Picture - Blank Screen After "Successful" Zipper

I was having problems with my hacked (MRV) Hughes SD-DVR40 with an upgraded HD a couple of weeks ago, so I figured my HD was dying. So I cooked up a new Zippered 320GB HD with the same CD I had used on my other unit last year (known good/working image/hack disc). Turns out the real problem was my power supply not putting out enough juice to spin the HD, so I replaced the blown cap and all appeared well. I ran the script, installed the options I wanted, and everything seemed golden. I can transfer files from my other DirecTiVo unit and watch them on this DirecTiVo, I can play music off of my TiVo Server, and everything in the guided setup went fine (good satellite signals).

But I am getting no picture and no sound when I try to watch live TV. I get the banner with channel, show title, show description, etc. but just a black screen. I don't get any error messages on the live TV screen, but I am getting an Error #81 in the Messages and Setup, so I called DirecTV and spent 30 minutes on the phone with a helpful and seemingly knowledgeable tech who tried several times to reinitiate my unit to no avail.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Can anyone give me any hints or suggestions of things to look at or try? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Joe
jfuredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #2839
wliu

DNS for downloading the latest Enhancement script

Does anyone know the new DNS for downloading the latest Enhancement script?

The error I got after running sh tweak.sh

Downloading latest Enhancement script...
Connecting to www.mastersav.com[69.90.236.30]:80
wget: server returned error 404: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Download failed. Adjust DNS and try again? [y/n]:
wliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #2840
hdog
hdog

mastersav.com down?

I also can't get to the ehnanced script download. Anyone know what
might be wrong?
hdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #2841
falstaffpac

Looks like mastersav.com is down, unable to d/l the rbautch_files.tgz using the tweak.sh script.

I would really appreciate if someone could upload a relatively recent version of rbautch_files.tgz as a temporary solution until mastersav.com comes back online.

Thanks.
falstaffpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #2842
falstaffpac

I found an archived version of rbautch_files.tgz dated 11/14/07. This version includes the USB 2.0 backported drivers. I ran the tweak.sh script on 2 DTivos and everything seems to be working well. I ran the script on Tivo software version 6.2a, the script and rbautch_files.tgz may not be compatible with newer tivo software versions.

If you would like to manually install rbautch_files.tgz, FTP to your dtivo and place the file in your /hacks directory then run tweak.sh I will host the rbautch_files.tgz on my server until mastersav.com is back up and running. If anyone wants to submit newer versions of rbautch_files.tgz, I will host them as well.

All work obviously is credited to rbautch.

http://www.hoylenet.com/temp/
Old 04-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #2843
hdog
hdog

Smile www.mastersav.com back up

Access to zipper and enhancement script is back as of Thursday, 4/14/2011.
Hope it stays up. I still find the info very informative.
It would be sad to lose such hard work.
hdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #2844
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdog View Post
Access to zipper and enhancement script is back as of Thursday, 4/14/2011.
Hope it stays up. I still find the info very informative.
It would be sad to lose such hard work.
I had a little trouble with my hosting service, but the website is back up and should stay that way.

or

Old 04-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #2845
falstaffpac

Good news, thanks!
Old 09-26-2011, 12:21 AM   #2846
Soapm

Hey Russ, did you add your drive monitor hack to the enhancement script?
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #2847
Cybert

Problems with TivoWebPlus and Bash prompt

I hacked my Samsung SIR-S4040R tonight using a 6.2a version downloaded from dvrupgrade. I used version Zipper version 4.6. I am having the following issues:

1. new script requests short name. I didn't supply one hoping I would get the "bash-2.02#" prompt but instead got "-bash#". How do I change the prompt to "bash-2.02#"?

2. TivoWebPlus comes up but gets internal server errors on most links. For example the Info page:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action:info
path:
env:
no such object:
while executing
"dbobj $channel get Number"
("uplevel" body line 4)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set state [db $db open "/State/MyWorld"]
set channel [dbobj $state get LastChannel]
set chnum [dbobj $channel get N..."
(procedure "MOD::action_info" line 51)
invoked from within
"$cmd $chan $path $env"
--cut here--

I am getting similar messages on other links as well. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

The 4 components called for by the zipper instructions were:
1. Zipper scripts 4.6 freshly downloaded tonight
2. LBA48 Boot CD iso from DVRupgrade (older version from 2006)
3. Instantcake 6.2a for SIR S4040R
4a. set_mrv_name from superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.2.zip
4b. superpatch-6.2a.tcl

Thanks,
Mike
Hughes SD-DVR40 - 105 hours (dying)
Samsung SIR-S4040R - 70 hours
Cybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #2848
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybert View Post
1. new script requests short name. I didn't supply one hoping I would get the "bash-2.02#" prompt but instead got "-bash#". How do I change the prompt to "bash-2.02#"?
Run this command:
Code:
 echo "export PS1=\"bash-2.02# \"" >> /.profile
Then reboot. The may also want to edit your profile to delete the old bash prompt assignment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybert View Post
2. TivoWebPlus comes up but gets internal server errors on most links. For example the Info page:
Check the TWP thread for an answer to this.

or

Old 11-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #2849
bnm81002

I need help please, I haven't used my DTivo receivers in over 2 years because I moved and installed FIOS services, I have the receiver both hacked with The Zipper and the Enhancement scripts but how do I connect to the internet? I have the compatible adapter that is needed for connection to the internet, I can't use TivoWebPlus till I get the internet connection, thanks for the help
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #2850
rbautch
User

Tivowebplus does not require a connection to the internet.

or