Series2 Standalone Unit 113 25.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 442. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #481
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedTivo View Post
I have a cachecard installed and it loads up and works fine locally,GTMDVR times out. I've had several different routers over the years and same problem exists.
Doubtful that it would have anything to do with your router, but it is possible that the latency / upload speed of the info to the gotomydvr server is just to long / slow before the server times out...
tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #482
IcedTivo
TiVo Nut

That seems to be the case. I've tried from a lot of different connections, all of them hi-speed but never seem to complete those functions. The Tivo is on a 1.5m ADSL line. Thanks for the input...
Silicon Dust 512mb Cache Card
TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3, Hackman, GoToMyDVR, TyServer
HR10-250 in limbo
2 other regular receivers (HIRD1)
IcedTivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #483
sllerts
Mac DTivo Fanatic!

I installed this manually on my Series 2 DirecTV Tivo (SD-DVR40) because http_get wouldn't work. But I keep getting the KNOWN_HOST error whenever I try to run it:

./rc.gotomydvr &
[1] 412
MTTivo-TiVo# Internal error #R
./rc.gotomydvr: .: filename argument required
.: usage: . filename
*** Empty KNOWN_HOST configuration ***

[1]+ Exit 1 ./rc.gotomydvr

Help!

Steve
sllerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #484
Cure
Maxwell Perkins

GTMDVR Download Times Out

I have tried to download both versions of the client and every time I get the message "timeout waiting for data." Are the servers still up? What could be the problem? Is there a way to just ftp the client files over manually?
Please advise. Thank you very much.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #485
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I have tried to download both versions of the client and every time I get the message "timeout waiting for data." Are the servers still up? What could be the problem? Is there a way to just ftp the client files over manually?
Please advise. Thank you very much.
The server appears to be up and running fine.

Are you certain that your unit is networked properly and can get out to the Internet? Are you using the instructions posted here?

https://gotomydvr.com/help.php

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #486
Cure
Maxwell Perkins

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, it's definitely connected to the Internet (pings Google just fine), and that is the page of instructions I used, plus I tried the ones on Post #433.
Any other ideas? FYI, I have an old HDVR2 that I just Zipped, and GTMDVR works just fine with that one.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #487
sllerts
Mac DTivo Fanatic!

I still have the known host problem. I've seen no solution for it. The code from rc.gotomydvr says:

if [ "$KNOWN_HOST" == "" ]; then
echo "*** Empty KNOWN_HOST configuration ***"
exit 1
else
mkdir -p /var/tmp/.ssh
echo $KNOWN_HOST > /var/tmp/.ssh/known_hosts
fi

But I don't know what a known host is or where it's supposed to get a known host from. This seems like it should be a really simple problem to fix.

Help!

Steve
sllerts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #488
5tevie

Cannot reach TivoWebPlus 2.1 over Gotomydrvr

Setup details:
Tivo Series 2 type 240 80hrs
connected to charter cable broadband using usb ethernet adapter and linksys router
TivoWebPlus 2.1 installed which is running on the box and can be reached using browser on local IP, port 8080

After installing gotomydvr client and registering my Tivo online, I cannot reach Tivowebplus using gotomydvr with breakdowns on both the client and server end:

when I type /gotomydvr/etc/rc.gotomydvr & in telnet, I get following reply:
/gotomydvr/bin/dbclient: TCP forward failed: error listening: address already in use
/gotomydvr/bin/dbclient: failed local port forward 7:127.0.0.1:7

On the gotomydvr server side when I select the tivo I want to connect to, I get:
The requested URL /index.html was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at gotomydvr.com Port 443

Any support and suggestions would be quite welcome, I have no idea how to fix this. Thans, Steve.
5tevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:00 AM   #489
jimdinunzio

Getting blank screen when connected with gotomydvr

Hi,
I used to use gotomydvr without any problems, but after having it not running for a while I started it back up and can connect to my directivo and pass the authentication window, with "oztivo", it waits for a second then displays a blank page. My TivoWebPlus 2.1b3 works fine from my LAN. I reinstalled gotomydvr and TivoWebPlus, and even deleted the config files to make them regenerate for both TivoWebPlus (/var/TWP/config) and gotomydvr including the .ssh folder and gotomydvr_settings. I've spent all the time I have and cannot figure out why it doesn't work anymore. I also played around with my router, which is new, but nothing seemed to work and you're not supposed to need any special router settings anyway for gotomydvr.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Jim

DirecTivo HDVR2 (6.2)
jimdinunzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #490
CarlWalters
Yo Ho TiVo!

Very interested in trying this - however the registration page will not accept the Service IDs for either of my TiVos. They are both Thomson Series 1 UK Standalone models
CarlWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #491
bri_tal

Quote:
Very interested in trying this - however the registration page will not accept the Service IDs for either of my TiVos. They are both Thomson Series 1 UK Standalone models
I see from another thread, in another forum, that you have managed to control your tivo over the internet, from a remote PC. May I ask what modifications to your router/tivo, you needed to make ?
bri_tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #492
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri_tal View Post
I see from another thread, in another forum, that you have managed to control your tivo over the internet, from a remote PC. May I ask what modifications to your router/tivo, you needed to make ?
I just installed Tivowebplus, changed the port to something unusual and set the router to send that port to the tivo. I have a number of them set up that way in my network. I use Dyndns to point the domain to my home. So, I open a browser and go to, as an example, http://mytivonetwork.homeip.net:9999 and presto.

You will probably want to set the password for tivowebplus so if somebody did manage to guess your domain AND port number, they would still have to get past the password to mess with yout tivo.

You can also use the method discussed in this thread.
TivoWebPlus, mfs_ftp, Galleon, Movieloader, JavaHMO, tivoserver, etc.
unclemoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #493
bri_tal

Thanks Unclemoosh . I'll give that a try when (a) I've fathomed out how to set a tivoweb password and (b) found how to direct my router to tivo, with a change of port.As you can gather, I'm something of a novice in these matters but keen to learn.

Last edited by bri_tal : 10-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #494
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri_tal View Post
Thanks Unclemoosh . I'll give that a try when (a) I've fathomed out how to set a tivoweb password and (b) found how to direct my router to tivo, with a change of port.As you can gather, I'm something of a novice in these matters but keen to learn.
Password is set in tivoweb.cfg. For the router, log into it and look for Port Forwarding. Read the manual for your router and it should tell you.
TivoWebPlus, mfs_ftp, Galleon, Movieloader, JavaHMO, tivoserver, etc.

Last edited by unclemoosh : 11-04-2011 at 07:59 AM.
unclemoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #495
Soapm

You might want to give gotomydvr a try if you have TWP running... https://gotomydvr.com/index.php
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #496
bri_tal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
You might want to give gotomydvr a try if you have TWP running... https://gotomydvr.com/index.php
Registered my tivo and installed the software but each time I login, I get the message that tivo is disconnected.
It is a Uk series 1 machine, with turbonet card via homeplug. Everything works normally when I connect to tivoweb via my usual ip address.

????

Last edited by bri_tal : 10-05-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #497
Soapm

I can't get gotomydvr to work on my TivoHD. I get the error *** No response from connection server *** when I start it up. I tried registering my Tivo on the site and get an error saying, "Please add a valid Service ID.". My service id is valid and I even copied and pasted if from the Tivo site just to make sure it isn't me typing it in wrong. No matter what I do it won't take my service id as valid...
Old 11-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #498
Soapm

Bumping because I'm still getting invalid service id error while registering my TivoHD. Anyone using gotomydvr on a TivoHD? I was curious if they updated the service to recognize a TivoHD service number.