Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-15-2011, 06:13 AM   #11821
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpweaver View Post
I am making s l o w progress inspite of no help being offered here.
Image. You have that (I think you said the 6.2 small). Rename it. Put it where it's supposed to be. That's what you asked in the message I responded to with what you call "no help." Sorry. Your problems are apparently deeper and broader than that.

But you jump around. You ask about system image and then you jump to kernel. Baud rate.

Do one thing at a time. Deal with THAT. Learn to understand one problem area at a time. If additional problems still remain after you've learned to understand, deal with those in turn one at a time.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #11822
rpweaver

Problem is that I do jump around (too many forums to remember where you said what). Background... I have 2 TIVO 1s which I expanded many years ago. I have an RCA DVR40 and an RCA DVR80 which I expanded many years ago. The RCA40 HD died at 6.4a upgrade time. I shelved it and DTV sent me a Hughes R15 to replace it for free. I resurrected the DVR40 and put 3.1.1 back on it with a new HD. Now I want to get 6.4a back. Learning lots of stuff now but much of it is as much as 10 years old and it doesn't all fit together well. What I would like to do is suppress the daily call since it doesn't do anything for me and I don't have a land line where it is installed. MFSLive works well for HD upgrade. I was able to buy a Hughes DVR80 on EBAY but the HD is failing. After many attempts I finally got a working 6.4a copy. That runs on both RCA DVR40 and Hughes DVR80, both with new 500G HDs (now that I know about GSOD and Clear and Delete everything) I tried Zipper with 62small. Not much luck, couldn't get zipper to use the iso but would prefer 6.4a anyway. I tried Zipper with 6.4a preloaded. Zipper wants a kernel that works with 6.4a so I can get fakecall to work. That's all I want. I get gibberish in Hyperterminal with a serial cable from after I put in a kernel I found on the Zipper CD (wrong baud rate). Maybe that is correct but it won't get passed Power Up screen. The current Zipper instructions have become dependent on buying all the CDs instead of backups or hacked kernels.The Zipper instructions on the CD are different from the ones online. Yea, I'm frustrated.

---
Went back to the backup I made. In Hyper terminal, I set the baud rate to 115200. Removed the HD and plugged DTIVO in. Got readable text via the serial line and finally asking "What is Password?" Tried "factory" but "What is Password?" repeated.

Tried editing rc.sysinit to get a BASH prompt - didn't work.

BTW, it says hdd4 doesn't exist when I try to mount it but hdd7 is fine. (This is a backup from a failing HD, would that happen if the bad sectors were on hdd4?) Might that be why Zipper and I are having trouble? Or is it just me. I'll restore rc.sysinit and try Zipper again. Then I'll try another kernel. I hate groping in the dark unless I have company.

-----------

OK, now I'm getting
Boot failure reason=60
from the serial line after applying zipper with a zipper kernel.

Here are the kernels from the zipper files:
Directory of C:\TIVO\zipper\zipper_tools\custom_kernels

09/17/2011 12:27 PM <DIR> .
09/17/2011 12:27 PM <DIR> ..
03/11/2007 08:21 PM 1,446,400 vmlinux-7.2-Gen04.px
03/27/2007 01:36 PM 1,434,112 vmlinux-8.1-Gen04.px
03/27/2007 01:51 PM 1,522,688 vmlinux-Gen05.px
10/23/2007 03:25 PM 1,533,952 vmlinux-Gen06.px
03/27/2007 01:42 PM 1,436,160 vmlinux-TGC01.px
03/27/2007 01:36 PM 1,434,112 vmlinux.px <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<copied and renamed vmlinux-8.1-Gen04.px
6 File(s) 8,807,424 bytes
2 Dir(s) 384,249,389,056 bytes free

I first tried vmlinux-Gen06.px and then vmlinux-8.1-Gen04.px. Both give me the same boot failure error. (renamed to vmlinux.px gzipped and moved to zipper_tools\s2_kernels\3.1.5, where zipper says it can not find a kernel, then create the zipper iso and burn) Any help on what is what? If I need to manually choose one of these, wouldn't it be better to say what they are for, rather than require the user to use trial and error to discover if one or any of these work? Does "custom" == "hacked"? Does the zipper automatically use these and am I using them incorrectly? Wouldn't a readme file help?

"Just got a whole lot easier" doesn't mean "just got easy."

Re-downloaded zipper and will try again in case the zipper I had was too old.

I'm open to ideas. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.....

Last edited by rpweaver : 09-20-2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Correction
rpweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #11823
rpweaver

What the instructions are missing...

OK, I finally got many of the zipper hacks working. I am still not connected to the network but I am working on that. When I get that going, I will expose that "secret" too.

First, if you don't have instant cake, 000001 is the mfs file backup. Rename the file you have to this. You can get small versions of 6.2, 6.2a, and 6.4a. It may take some searching and a few nice folks with bit torrent. Keep trying and you will get there. if your file is too large, the iso maker will not create the iso but you can use another tool if you have one. Sorry, I don't have those details.

Second, the hacked kernel. The ones in Custom kernels are not hacked with killhdinitrd and can not be. There are some links out there for hackable kernels, look around. Beg, You will find them eventually. Get killhdinitrd and run it on your target kernel and put the hacked kernel in the directory that zipper complains about if you don't have one. See the previous post for the path.

After that, you should be able to follow the zipper instructions.

If you have a serial cable, you will get lots of messages from your DTivo when booting but no aparent bash prompt. Just hit Enter and the bash prompt will appear. You can use this in place of a network to complete the Zipper process.

Last edited by rpweaver : 10-01-2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Update
Old 10-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #11824
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
I am still not connected to the network but I am working on that. When I get that going, I will expose that "secret" too.

First, if you don't have instant cake, 000001 is the mfs file backup. Rename the file you have to this.
There are no "secrets." Every question you have asked, every difficulty you have had, is dealt with in this thread.

You make it very discouraging to try to help you.

If you were to calm down and adopt a methodical step-by-step approach to the task it might seem painfully slow to you, but you'd get it done in 1/100th of the time.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #11825
Phe0nix

Access S2 TiVo from internet

I have Tivo Web Plus installed as i choose this when i ran the zipper ver 4.6 on
my Phillips DSR7000-17 DirecTivo.

TWP works on my LAN and on gotomydvr.com but i'm unable to access via the internet and i have years ago. I had to reformat the HDD and now started using
it again.

1. I left tivoweb.cfg set to port 80 and set a username and pass.

2. I created an Dynamic DNS Host account with dyndns.com and my hostname is Phe0nix.dyndns.org. I set the service type to "host with ip" using
my pc WAN IP address.

3. In my Linksys router i went to single port forwarding and set my external
port to 1123 and my internal port to match tivoweb.cfg at port 80 as TCP

4.I also went to the DDNS in my router and set the following :

DDNS service type -dyndns.org
username - same as tivoweb.cfg
password - same as tivoweb.cfg
hostname - Phe0nix.dyndns.org
system - dynamic
backup mx - default of disabled
wildcard - default of disabled

internet ip 192.168.2.2 ( reported by router , can't edit )
status - ddnsm.dyn_good ( reported by router, cant' edit )

Security tab - made certain " Filter Internet NAT redirection" was disabled

5. I set my tivo gateway with the zipper during the install
to 192.168.1.1 which is what my router ip address
and i'm able to access my routers config page with this address

6. I went into etc/rc.d and opened file rc.sysinit.author and verified
that there was a command to open TWP on tivo startup and saw
the following code :

# starting Tivowebplus
export HOSTNAME=Steelers
/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb

I am able to connect via LAN and gotomydvr so it must be running. Either way
at a bash prompt i typed /TivoWebPlus/tivoweb console and it ran allot of code
and then gave me the "Accepting Connections" message and i still can't get in
via the internet.

I sent an email to a friend linking to my tivo as http://Phe0nix.dyndns.org:1123 and the page timed out and didn't ask for a password as it should. I read due to looping you might not be able to access it your own network. When i used this tivo years ago i could get in via the web on my network but not now but i do have a new ISP.

Anyone know if i maybe setup the free "Dynamic DNS Host" incorrectly or not.
I fairly sure i have done all i can in the router and that it looks correct ?

Last edited by Phe0nix : 10-05-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: completed more trouble shooting steps
Phe0nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #11826
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phe0nix View Post
1. I left tivoweb.cfg set to port 80 and set a username and pass.
Try changing the port in the tivoweb.cfg file to 1123. I was able to ping your url. Some ISP's screw up things to port 80 because they don't want you hosting a server. Even though you're coming in on 1123, give it a try.
TivoWebPlus, mfs_ftp, Galleon, Movieloader, JavaHMO, tivoserver, etc.
unclemoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #11827
rpweaver

Another small victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil View Post
There are no "secrets." Every question you have asked, every difficulty you have had, is dealt with in this thread.

You make it very discouraging to try to help you.

If you were to calm down and adopt a methodical step-by-step approach to the task it might seem painfully slow to you, but you'd get it done in 1/100th of the time.
Yep, all 395 pages of it. Without a thread search function, this is very painful, especially if you are dyslexic. Reading quickly is not my strong suit.

Who needs to calm down. I am not yelling, just a little frustrated. If you haven't noticed, I AM taking it step by step by step by step by step .............

I did get the network working by going back to 6.2 and using the 7.2.2-oth-K1 kernel with both wired and wireless. Tivo Web Plus even works. Now I have to get it working on 6.4a and get dhcp working (my current goals but maybe not in that order). Then do it again on the other DTIVOs.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #11828
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Quote:
Yep, all 395 pages of it. Without a thread search function, .
Huh???

Look up and to the right
Old 10-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #11829
Phe0nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemoosh View Post
Try changing the port in the tivoweb.cfg file to 1123. I was able to ping your url. Some ISP's screw up things to port 80 because they don't want you hosting a server. Even though you're coming in on 1123, give it a try.
Let me know if i did what your asking, here is what i have set now:

External port = 1123 ( unchanged )
Internal port = 1123 ( changed , was port 80 set to match tivoweb.cfg )

And changed the port in tivoweb.cfg from port 80 to 1123.

If i did this right then it didn't work . I noticed sometimes when i use my dyndns address that links to my pc i get a configuration screen that i believe is from my isp.

Login screen Main Page Dynamic DNS Status Page

ATTEN : Unclemoosh check your PM

By the way I also tried using DynSite ver 1.12 as i think i remember i used an application
like that before my TiVo's HDD died. If i understand this right , a dynamic dns host at dyndns.org points to my WAN IP address and when that address goes into a browser it
directs the visitor to my TiVo and the router or DynSite then directs that traffic to the correct port there by running TWP. ??

I have DynSite shutdown at the moment and i'm relying on the Linksys router. I use one or the other .

Last edited by Phe0nix : 10-06-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #11830
rpweaver

Quote:
Huh???

Look up and to the right
Hey, look at that, how did I miss it. Maybe I'm mixing it up with another forum... Maybe I just don't see everything all the time.

Just made a 6.4a Zipper CD and am about to try it, Wish me luck.

Nope, stuck in a boot loop.

Had to remove the network HW to get it to boot. Then ran sh tweak.sh with the serial line. Reconnected the network HW. Seems DHCP is now working (copied dhclient from 6.2). No time to test now, will test later.

Last edited by rpweaver : 10-07-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: update
Old 10-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #11831
Phe0nix

Modem blocking TiVo Web Plus

We'll I have my TiVo Web Plus running from the WAN side of the modem now , it was already running from the LAN side so that told me my router was setup correctly and that the WAN traffic was stopping at the modem and not being sent to the router. My Linksys status page reported my internet IP address
as a private IP ( 192.168.2.2 ) so any requests coming in even though on the correct port ( that set in tivoweb.cfg ) were ignored as they never made it through the modem.

I went into the Modem's configuration interface by putting in either my http://mydomainname.dyndns.org or by entering my WAN IP address into
the browser and under advanced I clicked on WAN > WAN Setup and
in there i noticed that same IP I saw in the router , the private IP of 192.168.2.2 and that the modem was functioning as a DHCP server and firewall.

On my routers status page my internet IP should have been the same as my
WAN IP but it was not. The DHCP in my modem started assigning IP's from
192.168.2.2 from ... get this an IP client pool of 32 and there is only one ethernet port on the modem so where the other 31 IP's were going to go is and will always be a mystery. Simply disabling the DHCP server will do no good. The modem has it's own IP address,DHCP Server and Firewall and the IP is simply for your ISP to be able to troubleshoot and send any updates to your modem.

If you have this problem you will need to access your modem's configuration page as you would your routers but with your public IP. If you can do this at all then this IS your problem if you have your port forwarded to your TiVo's IP. Go into the diagnostics page in the modem and click the button to release your IP then click the BRIDGE button and the apply and exit . Now your ISP won't be able to access your modem for trouble shooting anymore
because your modem is acting as a pass through and has no IP address anymore and go back into your routers status page and do the same, release your IP and then renew your IP and your private IP will now be a public one.

The modem connects to your wall jack via a phone line and this is called a
ATM and it then passes through the modem to the ethernet port where this signal is converted into a digital signal hence the term BRIGE. The modem now creates a bridge between the internet and your router.. Problem solved.

I must thank unclemoosh for all the time and effort he has put into helping me. He has went beyond the extra mile. If it were not for him confirming I wasn't experiencing the LOOP your hear about, and attempting to access the TiVo remotely from his end I never would have narrowed it down to the modem and would still be focused on the router. I must also say he has located my routers owners manual and read it made suggestions for tivoweb.cfg and even made edits to his file and sent it to me.
Many thanks for your assistance you kept me troubleshooting and i'm sure i'll get many hours of enjoyment out of my TiVo now.

Update :

Wish i would have found this when i was having so much trouble. After you know
what the problem is information is allot easier to come by I suppose. Here is a
tutorial with pics for my Sprint/Embarq/Centurylink DSL modem.

Here is another article for AT&T modems.

Last edited by Phe0nix : 10-08-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Added aditonal info
Old 10-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #11832
Soapm

I'll try to give you a hand but I used SApper since I have a stand alone Tivo.

Quote:
First, if you don't have instant cake, 000001 is the mfs file backup. Rename the file you have to this. You can get small versions of 6.2, 6.2a, and 6.4a. It may take some searching and a few nice folks with bit torrent.
If Zipper is like SApper you don't need an image. If you don't include an image it will hack the drive as is.

Quote:
Second, the hacked kernel. The ones in Custom kernels are not hacked with killhdinitrd and can not be.
Custom kernels are built from scratch and don't need initrd killed. That's the point of the custom kernel. You only kill intrird on stock kernels.

Quote:
If you have a serial cable, you will get lots of messages from your DTivo when booting but no aparent bash prompt. Just hit Enter and the bash prompt will appear. You can use this in place of a network to complete the Zipper process.
The S2DT had a network adapter installed and SApper added some backport drivers but my network adapter worked after SApper. What kind of adapter do you have?
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #11833
Jeff_in_Bklyn

Has anyone used one of these to replace a failing HD?

http://www.amazon.com/SATA-PATA-Driv.../dp/B002Y2NI4M

I have quite a few SATA drives laying around and this would be much cheaper than getting a new IDE Drive.

This would be used on a HDVR2
Jeff_in_Bklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #11834
unclemoosh
I Wish I knew Then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_Bklyn View Post

I have quite a few SATA drives laying around and this would be much cheaper than getting a new IDE Drive.

I used ones that look like that on my HDVR2's with success. I bought them on fleaBay for about that or a little less.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #11835
Soapm

Quote:

Can't beat that price. Noting ventured nothing gained when I see a price like that.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:49 AM   #11836
qwertypo

My G5 Tiger system with TivoTool died... I've upgraded to a system that has Snow Leopard and Tiger... any options for extraction for me? Or do I need to bootcamp and extract in Windows. What are the best windows options?

Thanks for the years of support!
qwertypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #11837
rbautch
User

Quote:

Let me know if you are successful with this particular adapter. I've had mixed luck with different brands of adapters. I posted my results somewhere on TCF.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #11838
PanamaYellow

Spurious SMART Error Messages

I have a Series2 hacked using the Zipper. Every day, I get an error message when arriving at 'Now Playing' that says there are SMART error messages in the kernel log file. The details of the supposed error messages have them all occurring on the first day I installed the drive. (it's a new Western Digital 500 GB AV-GP SATA A/V drive)

Testing the drive with smartctl gives no errors, reports a healthy drive.

I attempted to clear the kernel log file by deleting /var/log/kernel and then restarting the DTiVo. Looking at /var/log/kernel in VI shows no such messages.

I'm still seeing the messages.

Is there someplace else that these error messages are written to?

Thank you,

PanamaYellow
PanamaYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:35 AM   #11839
rpweaver

Quote:
Huh???

Look up and to the right
Just figured out my problem. This only appears if you are logged in. Folks browsing and Googling do not get his option unless or until logged in.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:04 AM   #11840
rpweaver

Update:
Not all 6.4a images work with the Zipper.The image that worked for me was saved from a failing DVR80. The minimal 6.4a image available on the web doesn't (6.4a-01-2-101-minimal.mfs). When I use that image, networking doesn't work and /enhancements is gone. Plug in the LinkSYS USB200M adaptor results in Kernel Panic. Without Zipper, the lights light up and blink but I don't know anything else without serial access. Frustrating!
The reason I did this is that DVR Service was not active and I had to call in to get it Active. Is there another way? Network connection didn't work either. The hacked 6.4a would not connect, unhacked it does. I switched images to be able to save a copy after every success and not take up too much disk space. Now I can't get a Zippered image to work. Is the minimal 6.4a image broken? Is ther a way to get it to work with Zipper?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #11841
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

It could be that you're using the wrong image. Not all 6.4a files are created equal. They differ by host machine, i.e. a Hughes image differs from a Philips image differs from a Samsung image. I'm reminded of that now as an admonition that I first saw about ten years ago -- "don't be a moron" was the mantra. Don't try to mix software and machines as it either won't work well or will mess with TiVo's and/or DirecTV's communications with the machine.

Beyond that, I would stick with 6.2a as that version still has HMO and MRV available as a hackable option with the Zipper. The only advantage I saw to 6.4a was the unerase feature, but TivoWebPlus has had that for years.

To be sure of using the correct image, www.dvrupgrade.com is still your best bet. Sorry to see that Lou has doubled his price to $40, though. Still worth it to resurrect an old machine.

Chebeague Island, Maine
There are 10 kinds of people, those who count in binary and those who don't.

Last edited by PortlandPaw : 10-26-2011 at 11:40 AM.
PortlandPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #11842
unitron

Quote:

Go here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=416883

Read and learn.

It's only 6 pages.

When you finish, go back and read it again.

Not all SATA to IDE adapters are equal.

You have to worry about which chipset you're getting, and if there's any way to set it for Master or Slave or Cable Select.

As for the one you linked to, apparently you didn't read the reviews.

Here's the pertinent one

http://www.amazon.com/review/RI2RT3T...tag=&linkCode=

There's another, different adapter on Amazon that should arrive tomorrow. If it works in a Series 2, I'll post a link on that other thread and back here.

EDIT:

Okay, something was at the back of my mind. Looks like the HDVR2 is a Series 1 Series 2, and can only use a Marvell chipset adapter.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011

Last edited by unitron : 10-26-2011 at 04:21 PM.
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:09 AM   #11843
rpweaver

Where is Zipper version 4.6? The Zipper_Version_History.pdf file created 6/3/2008 included in the zip file linked from this thread has this
"4.5 Use updated enhancement script."
as the last line. The instructions page starts with this:

The Zipper
TiVo HACK SCRIPT
Version 4.6
Last Updated 7/10/08

The version is different and the date is different. I would like to use the most up-to-date version and see if that solves my problem with 6.4a.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:13 AM   #11844
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

So let me ask: Is your 6.4 image file from the same brand of machine that you're trying to rebuild?

Chebeague Island, Maine
There are 10 kinds of people, those who count in binary and those who don't.
PortlandPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #11845
rpweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaYellow View Post
I have a Series2 hacked using the Zipper. Every day, I get an error message when arriving at 'Now Playing' that says there are SMART error messages in the kernel log file. The details of the supposed error messages have them all occurring on the first day I installed the drive. (it's a new Western Digital 500 GB AV-GP SATA A/V drive)

PanamaYellow
I had the same issue with a RCA DVR40 for a while with WD 500G EIDE hard drive (new). I also have a Hughes DVR80 that did not have the error with the same hard drive model. I rebuilt the drive for the RCA and the SMART error stopped. I never found out what the problem was, however.
Unfortunately, I am having other problems...
Old 10-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #11846
rpweaver

I thought I figured out my problem. When I ran Zipper, I always answered to include wireless networking. This worked for 6.2 but not for 6.4a. I found a page that said I had to Monte to use wireless with 6.4a. (I can't find that page now, Is there an Index/roadmap somewhere?). It showed how to do a manual monte. I rebuilt the drive with 6.4a and Zipper and answered No to the wireless and everything seemed to be working. I was so positive about it that I created a backup and I did the same for the Hughes DVR80 and called DirecTV to activate it. After some hours later, I found that the RCA DVR40 was frozen, no response to the remote, no response to the serial line (lots of stuff on the HyperTerminal screen) and showing a gray screen on the TV. Later, I found the other DTIVO did the same thing. I have a Linksys USB200M that works until the thing freezes. With 6.2 I had everything working OK.

-------------------
After about 3 reboots each, things seem to be working now. One has been on for 15 hours. The other, Fakecall didn't work so I rebooted it again. I will report back in a couple days. I will need to power them off to put them back together before the weekend, otherwise I hope they don't need a reboot in the mean time.

Last edited by rpweaver : 10-31-2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Update
Old 11-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #11847
Dpordy99

wow this is pretty helpful
Dpordy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:08 AM   #11848
rbautch
User

Quote:
I had the same issue with a RCA DVR40 for a while with WD 500G EIDE hard drive (new). I also have a Hughes DVR80 that did not have the error with the same hard drive model. I rebuilt the drive for the RCA and the SMART error stopped. I never found out what the problem was, however.
Unfortunately, I am having other problems...
There is a script I wrote called drivemonitor.sh that is running every day as a cron job. It constantly checks your hard drive for errors and checks your kernel log for error messages that are indicative of a drive failure. When it finds an error, it logs it to the messages screen on your tivo. When you ran the enhancement script, you answered "yes" to this feature. If you don't want it any longer, you can delete the cron job, or turn off the logging feature. Read the drivemonitor thread to learn how to do this. Hint: google drivemonitor.sh.

or

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #11849
joeblow17

Hey longtime everyone! I hope all is well...

Has anyone have a chance to test the new THR22 TIVO? It has been quite a while since I have posted here, but wanted to see if this might bring the zipper back to life.

I noticed the new device doesn't have MRV or the ability to transfer shows like the old TIVO HD boxes. I am hoping the hacks will become available soon and will likely purchase the set box in the near future.
joeblow17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #11850
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow17 View Post
the new THR22 TIVO?... doesn't have MRV or the ability to transfer shows like the old TIVO HD boxes. I am hoping the hacks will become available soon and will likely purchase the set box in the near future.
At "the other place" where all the good stuff began, there is zero discussion.

The DirecTV hardware on which this DTivo resides has never been hacked as far as I know.