TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #3331
generaltso

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Use tivo.com website:
https://www3.tivo.com/apps/spm.do

The order will be all messed up when you do it there, but once they are on the Elite you can use kmttg to re-arrange.
Is there a way to re-arrange automatically to match the saved SP list or do they have to be manually dragged around?
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #3332
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Is there a way to re-arrange automatically to match the saved SP list or do they have to be manually dragged around?
There's no automatic re-order. Instead of drag and drop to move things around I find it easier to select an entry and then use keyboard up/down arrow buttons to move it up/down.
(I assume you are still talking about kmttg SP re-order here and not tivo.com web page right?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #3333
mattack

Does kmttg ever time out? My TivoHD reboots a lot, so yes, I don't always get full programs downloaded. So if it reboots while I am transferring a program, I seem to have to force quit kmttg.. it just hangs when I try to cancel the transfer going on.

(Though I'm pretty sure I tried that the other day on a successfully-going transfer and it hung too.. But I know I can cancel Now Playing transfers, and that works fine.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #3334
danjw1

Oops, posted to the wrong thread.

Last edited by danjw1 : 10-10-2011 at 10:57 PM.
danjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #3335
moyekj

Quote:
How do I select more than one at a time?
For next release I'm going to change the table to allow multi-row selection for loaded entries.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:48 PM   #3336
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Does kmttg ever time out? My TivoHD reboots a lot, so yes, I don't always get full programs downloaded. So if it reboots while I am transferring a program, I seem to have to force quit kmttg.. it just hangs when I try to cancel the transfer going on.

(Though I'm pretty sure I tried that the other day on a successfully-going transfer and it hung too.. But I know I can cancel Now Playing transfers, and that works fine.)
I think for curl there is no default timeout. For java based downloads I have read timeout set to 120 seconds. Can't say I remember having a download I couldn't cancel before, but I haven't tried it following a rebooting TiVo. Perhaps try java downloads for a while to see if they behave any better for you.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #3337
sanjonny

Not wanting to be a nettering nancy or anything but is there anything you can do about the issue I talked about a few pages back with the java I guess you would call it bleed thru that requires minimization of the desktop in order to not have it come to the fore even though it is supposed to be in the background.

Another thing I have noticed, if you try and remote into your tivo using the wan ports, it works fine on your home networks but fails if you are entering from outside the lan. I tried going thru the secure 443 interface in a browser and found the same thing and an error message that said you can only do this from inside your lan (I use ddns so I can fake the address in kmttg from inside the lan, but the tivo still detects that I am in or out of the lan obviously) Is there any work around within kmttg that you could use to have this work truly out side the lan (other than vpn ing into the lan and doing it that way, is there any way kmttg could fake it so you could transfer to say somebody like myself who travels alot? The current method I use is to transfer the show to my home computer an then transfer it from there via htp or ssh or whatever, but direct from the tivo would save a lot of time and hassle. Maybe somebody already has a work around for this that I haven't seen too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:23 AM   #3338
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Not wanting to be a nettering nancy or anything but is there anything you can do about the issue I talked about a few pages back with the java I guess you would call it bleed thru that requires minimization of the desktop in order to not have it come to the fore even though it is supposed to be in the background.
I've never heard of or experienced this issue, so not much I can do to resolve it. I do have 1 machine with Win XP on it but haven't seen it on that machine either. Perhaps make sure you are using a recent version of Java to try and solve it.

Quote:
Another thing I have noticed, if you try and remote into your tivo using the wan ports, it works fine on your home networks but fails if you are entering from outside the lan. I tried going thru the secure 443 interface in a browser and found the same thing and an error message that said you can only do this from inside your lan (I use ddns so I can fake the address in kmttg from inside the lan, but the tivo still detects that I am in or out of the lan obviously) Is there any work around within kmttg that you could use to have this work truly out side the lan (other than vpn ing into the lan and doing it that way, is there any way kmttg could fake it so you could transfer to say somebody like myself who travels alot? The current method I use is to transfer the show to my home computer an then transfer it from there via htp or ssh or whatever, but direct from the tivo would save a lot of time and hassle. Maybe somebody already has a work around for this that I haven't seen too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure exactly what you are doing here, but I use kmttg outside my LAN all the time. You have to set the "wan http port" and "wan https port" settings in kmttg running on the WAN side and obviously you manually enter the TiVo IP as your router WAN IP. Then you have to have your router properly port forward the wan ports you specified to the proper LAN side TiVo IP and port 80 & 443. This enables full kmttg functionality outside the LAN.
(The "wan http port" and "wan https port" should be set differently for each TiVo you have, so you can do it for multiple TiVos if desired. Of course that means the router also has to be configured to properly port forward each one. I have 3 TiVos I can access on WAN side in this manner).

Old 10-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #3339
generaltso

Quote:
There's no automatic re-order. Instead of drag and drop to move things around I find it easier to select an entry and then use keyboard up/down arrow buttons to move it up/down.
(I assume you are still talking about kmttg SP re-order here and not tivo.com web page right?)
Well, I've been trying to reorder the SPs using kmttg, but I always get "rcp Read error - Read time out". Maybe I have too many SPs?

Is there an older version of kmttg that allows multiple selections at a time? If I can use an older version just to copy my season passes over in the right order, I should be set.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #3340
moyekj

Quote:
Well, I've been trying to reorder the SPs using kmttg, but I always get "rcp Read error - Read time out". Maybe I have too many SPs?
Since operation probably takes so long due to large number of SPs and read timeout is set to 120 seconds in kmttg, if it takes longer than that you will get the above message. My guess is the re-order still actually works once TiVo actually has time to process it.

Quote:
Is there an older version of kmttg that allows multiple selections at a time? If I can use an older version just to copy my season passes over in the right order, I should be set.
Here is a zip file with a new/beta version of kmttg.jar. Rename your existing kmttg.jar to something else and put this one in its place.

To copy all SPs the flow is:
* Select originating TiVo and use *Save* button to save its Season Passes to a file.
* Switch to destination TiVo
* Use *Load* button to load previously saved Season Pass list
* Now select multiple entries in the table and use *Copy* button to copy them to the destination TiVo.

NOTE: I have not tried this with many SPs at a time as usually I test with 1 or 2 at a time at most.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #3341
innocentfreak

Quote:

Yes in general you will see a timeout message if you have a high number of season passes. It has still always worked for me. I just give it a few minutes and then refresh the season passes to double check.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #3342
generaltso

Quote:
Here is a zip file with a new/beta version of kmttg.jar. Rename your existing kmttg.jar to something else and put this one in its place.
Great, thanks! I'll give it a shot.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #3343
moyekj

v0p8j release

v0p8j version just released with further iPad remote enhancements and bug fixes. Enhancements include depicting entries scheduled to record in ToDo lists as different color in Search and Guide tables. Consult release_notes for details.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #3344
innocentfreak

I keep meaning to ask. Does KMTTG pull the flagged status of recordings from the TiVo or calculate itself based off the available space?

For example on my Elite, KMTTG reports many shows that will be deleted within 24 hours, but none of those are flagged that way on the TiVo since I have yet to get over 30% full.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #3345
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I keep meaning to ask. Does KMTTG pull the flagged status of recordings from the TiVo or calculate itself based off the available space?

For example on my Elite, KMTTG reports many shows that will be deleted within 24 hours, but none of those are flagged that way on the TiVo since I have yet to get over 30% full.
The icon kmttg uses is determined from XML pulled from TiVo itself in the "CustomIcon" Url section for a show such as in example below:
Code:
<CustomIcon>
   <Url>urn:tivo:image:expires-soon-recording</Url>
   <ContentType>image/*</ContentType>
   <AcceptsParams>No</AcceptsParams>
</CustomIcon>

Old 10-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #3346
innocentfreak

Quote:
The icon used by kmttg is pulled from XML "CustomIcon" Url for a show such as in example below:
Code:
<CustomIcon>
   <Url>urn:tivo:image:expires-soon-recording</Url>
   <ContentType>image/*</ContentType>
   <AcceptsParams>No</AcceptsParams>
</CustomIcon>
I guess I mean where is kmttg getting the will delete in 24 hours info. Half of my NPL shows are marked with the yellow exclamation in kmttg but none are marked that way on the TiVo.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #3347
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I guess I mean where is kmttg getting the will delete in 24 hours info. Half of my NPL shows are marked with the yellow exclamation in kmttg but none are marked that way on the TiVo.
As I said, it's from the Now Playing XML pulled from TiVo itself which kmttg uses to get Now Playing List:
Code:
https://<ip>/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2FNowPlaying&Recurse=Yes
For each show there's a "CustomIcon" section. At least it used to be the case that using the icon indicated there would match up with what TiVo shows, but sounds like in your case that is no longer true. Don't think there are any other clues in XML with more precise information. Personally I don't pay much attention to those expired/expired soon icons even on TiVo itself since they don't really mean anything other than an indication of which shows would get deleted first should you start running out of space. I'm always below 30% capacity on my Premieres and see those icons and know I have nothing to worry about.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #3348
innocentfreak

Sorry I misread your original reply.

Yeah I just happened to notice them so was curious. It must be something TiVo changed on the Elite.

I double checked on TiVo Desktop and it shows the same thing. It must be some change they made.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #3349
nvt

I am up on v0p8i but for the life of me I cannot find the "remote" tab nor anywhere to enable this
This is v cool functionality and woudl love to be able to use it
Retired:
Series 2 (240and Dual Tuner 649)
nvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #3350
nvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvt View Post
I am up on v0p8i but for the life of me I cannot find the "remote" tab nor anywhere to enable this
This is v cool functionality and woudl love to be able to use it
Sigh scratch that - re reading and digging found the note about the iPad option enablement...
Retired:
Series 2 (240and Dual Tuner 649)
nvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #3351
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvt View Post
Sigh scratch that - re reading and digging found the note about the iPad option enablement...
FYI. v0p8j was just released yesterday with some further enhancements and fixes to the iPad remote.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #3352
resildoc

using kmttg-neophyte needs quick help

Hi Folks-You have been so helpful in the past, and am switching from one premiere to a new one. Using kmttg, want to get "to do" and "season passes" saved and transferred to new unit.

kmttg sees the recorded shows, but when I click on the remote-->season passes or to do list to save, I receive error message "rpc write error-remote host closed connection during handshake."

Please help . Many thanks in advance! Joel.
resildoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #3353
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by resildoc View Post
Hi Folks-You have been so helpful in the past, and am switching from one premiere to a new one. Using kmttg, want to get "to do" and "season passes" saved and transferred to new unit.

kmttg sees the recorded shows, but when I click on the remote-->season passes or to do list to save, I receive error message "rpc write error-remote host closed connection during handshake."

Please help . Many thanks in advance! Joel.
Make sure you have network remote control turned on for your new Premiere:

Settings--Remote, CableCARD & Devices--Network Remote Control--Allow network-based remote controls

Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #3354
resildoc

Quote:

Settings--Remote, CableCARD & Devices--Network Remote Control--Allow network-based remote controls
Da-Thanks so much!! Worked like a charm. One more quick neophyte question.

when starting kmttg, just always quick on the jar file in the folder, or can a program icon be created/clicked? Again, many thanks. Joel.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #3355
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by resildoc View Post
when starting kmttg, just always quick on the jar file in the folder, or can a program icon be created/clicked? Again, many thanks. Joel.
You can make a desktop shortcut to it. i.e. Right click on empty spot in Desktop somewhere and create a shortcut that points to kmttg.jar. Then to launch you simply double-click the shortcut icon on the desktop.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #3356
resildoc

Thanks again .
Old 10-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #3357
generaltso

Quote:
This worked like a charm, thanks! I was able to copy all of my Season Passes to my Elite and maintain the order. Does the released J version also allow multiple selections or should I hold onto the beta version?

Thanks again!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #3358
moyekj

Quote:
This worked like a charm, thanks! I was able to copy all of my Season Passes to my Elite and maintain the order. Does the released J version also allow multiple selections or should I hold onto the beta version?

Thanks again!
Yes, v0p8j has that update and more fixes, so you should switch to it.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #3359
jeff92k7

Feature request:

It would be great if we could have finer control over the scheduling for auto transfers. Currently, we can set a 'sleep' window where it will not check until a set period of time has elapsed since the last time the auto transfers ran. What I would like is, in addition to the sleep window, to have the ability to set a specific period of time that it will not check for updates. For example, I would like to have auto transfers run every 2 hours, but never between 7:00p and 10:00p in the evenings.

A time specific window like this would be great to avoid any potential problems that could occur on the TiVo while it is recording. Basically, it would give peace of mind that nothing will be running in the background while the TiVo is recording important prime-time (or other) shows each day.

Possible?

Thanks,
Jeff
jeff92k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #3360
resildoc

Quote:

Thanks-I saved the wishlist etc. from the old tivo to network, the new tivo works fine, enabled network based remote controls on the new one, kmttg sees the new tivo, but when I load the sp/wishlist file, and highlight them to copy to the new tivo I get the "rpc remote-connection timed out connect." What am I missing here? Thanks as always folks. Joel.