TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #3301
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I assume this is transferring from the Premiere, it looks like you are transferring .ts instead of .ps stream.
Yeah, I prematurely posted. I hate when that happens. I had a .ps stream d/l running and posted before it completed. I was unaware that tivodecode wouldn't work in .ts files. Thanks.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #3302
cburbs

Issue with transfer of show. I am trying to transfer Private Practice and it is a 5.8gb file and everytime I try to move it the show only shows up as 2.5gb and 23 minutes of the show. Anything else I can try? This is on a TivoHD.

E:\converted files\KMTTG\TivoOut\Private Practice\09_ 29_2011 God Laughs.TiVo: size=2175.46 MB elapsed=0:35:04 (8.67 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=download output=E:\converted files\KMTTG\TivoOut\Private Practice\09_ 29_2011 God Laughs.TiVo

Though kmttg says Dur =:58, Size = 5.8GB, Mbpx =14.32

Last edited by cburbs : 10-04-2011 at 12:25 PM.
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #3303
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Its possible a glitch in the video is stopping the transfer, if its always stopping at the same point. Play the file on the PC and note when it stops, compare on the tivo.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #3304
cburbs

It seems to be the same spot - never had this happen before so that is why I asked the question.

I will have to compare when I have a chance.

Checked and it looks like there is an issue at that point with the file - thanks for the info.

Last edited by cburbs : 10-04-2011 at 03:26 PM.
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #3305
sanjonny

Couple things, some of which people may know or not but posting them for comment.

1. It took me awhile to figure this out but sometimes when you just cannot get a show to download or have problems downloading it, I have found that it can be because you are watching that show on the TiVo (as the active show or whatever) this has happened several times to me, I would be downloadingba group of shows and one would keep getting an error either thru the web interface or kMttg. I would go around in circles and keep getting errors. I then finally figured out that sometimes it just will not transfer if you ha e that show on pause or watching it in the middle or whatever. Ffwd to the end or start watching a different show and all of a sudden the show will then transfer.

2. Something strange about kmttg, it doesn't quit act properly which minimized or sent to the background. On my xp machine, if I click on something else which puts kmttg to the background, after a few seconds it comes back up to the foreground and really screws up the display. This happens all the time, and I don't really know of any other program that has such an issue. For example, I have an automated show database that I upload to a web server and then access via a firefox webpage. I often check a new recording in kmttg to see if it is in the database by opening the webpage while kmttg is in the foreground, then switching to firefox and viewing the page, or entering the name and having it lookup. After a few seconds, kmttg will essentially overwrite the screen so even though firefox is active, it is obscured by kmttg. The only solution is to hit the minimize all button on the desktop and then make firefox again active so I can read the page. Not knowing anything about java, I am guessing their is something set incorrectly on background or minimize or whatever. It happens consistently, with almost any program, file browser, or whatever, kmttg will over obscure it and is very annoying. And doesn't happen with other java programs I use afaik. Hopefully, you can understand what I mean and work to correct, if I need to provide more detail, let me know.

3. I have been using clone.ad free converter software avi.net, index.net and now video.net to process my videos over handbrake. It works much easier, allows xvid, matroska and/or mp4 and is much more user friendly than hand break and takes less time. I am thinking of writing a guide for those that might be interested. I use it for my DVDs and replay shows also, just as I use kmttg to process them too. Does anyone else use these tools? I have some format questions I would like to post here if so, or start another thread, because, xvid can shrink a 8gb file down to say 1gb with no perceptible quality loss, or very minor.

Last edited by sanjonny : 10-05-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Fix errors
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #3306
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Couple things, some of which people may know or not but posting them for comment.

1. It took me awhile to figure this out but sometimes when you just cannot get a show to download or have problems downloading it, I have found that it can be because you are watching that show on the TiVo (as the active show or whatever) this has happened several times to me, I would be downloadingba group of shows and one would keep getting an error either thru the web interface or kMttg. I would go around in circles and keep getting errors. I then finally figured out that sometimes it just will not transfer if you ha e that show on pause or watching it in the middle or whatever. Ffwd to the end or start watching a different show and all of a sudden the show will then transfer
I have noted something similar recently when trying to pull a show from my TivoHD to my Premiere. I was watching the show on the TivoHD and left it paused on the program. The transfer would start (blue light) on the Premiere but immediately stop. I tried 3 times. Same result every time. Once I exited out of the program on the TivoHD, I was able to transfer the program. Also, before I exited out, I was only given the options to transfer the program while after exiting out, I was given the usual options to transfer from paused point or from beginning. I don't remember this being a problem in the past (transferring a program while being played/paused on another tivo).

Has anyone tried starting a transfer and then going to the tivo that the video is transferring from and start watching it? Does it kill the transfer or not allow playback?
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #3307
sanjonny

This TiVo transfer problem has been a hit or miss issue as long as I have been using kmttg, which is now over a year. But it doesn't happen every time and I only recently got a premiere so the times in had the problem were from TiVo hd to PC. And not every time, so I don't know exactly why it happens, but when it does, neither transfer method will work. I have several non hd shows that I transfer so maybe it is only hd shows or something like that. Also my ticks are not hacked although I will probably do the hd one soon as I am sick of cable card randomness on cox cable.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #3308
mattack

Weird, I don't think I've ever run into that being a problem -- watching & transferring the same program. (Though my TivoHD is semi-dying and it's crashing a lot regardless -- and yes, even with a new hard drive.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:11 AM   #3309
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
I was watching the show on the TivoHD and left it paused on the program. The transfer would start (blue light) on the Premiere but immediately stop. I tried 3 times. Same result every time. Once I exited out of the program on the TivoHD, I was able to transfer the program.
A few years ago, I ran into this issue with paused programs, but going from TiVoHD to TiVoHD. No Premiere involved at all.

I mentioned it here and others couldn't reproduce it.

My conclusion was that it's simply flaky. Most of the time it works, even if left paused. But very occasionally it doesn't.
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #3310
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin View Post
A few years ago, I ran into this issue with paused programs, but going from TiVoHD to TiVoHD. No Premiere involved at all.

I mentioned it here and others couldn't reproduce it.

My conclusion was that it's simply flaky. Most of the time it works, even if left paused. But very occasionally it doesn't.
It happens to me, but only on freshly recorded shows. As in, I'm watching the show as its recording and I pause it. If I don't break out of that I cannot transfer the show to another TiVo once it's done recording.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #3311
moyekj

v0p8i version just released

v0p8i version just released. This release focused exclusively on more iPad protocol remote enhancements and fixes. Highlights: The remote is now integrated as another tab in main kmttg window instead of a separate window, making it much easier and more convenient to use. This release also adds 2 new tabs to the remote: Search & Guide tabs which provide simple interfaces for finding shows to record.

See release_notes Wiki for full details and consult the remote_control Wiki for information on how to use the various remote tabs.

Thanks to "innocentfreak" for some help testing these enhancements.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #3312
generaltso

This may be a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer through searching. Is it possible to select multiple Season Passes to copy to another TiVo? I've tried holding shift and ctrl while selecting SPs from the list, but they don't seem to do anything.
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #3313
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
This may be a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer through searching. Is it possible to select multiple Season Passes to copy to another TiVo? I've tried holding shift and ctrl while selecting SPs from the list, but they don't seem to do anything.
Yes, that should work. Note that to copy SPs to another TiVo it's a multi-step process:
1. Save SPs of the source TiVo to disk
2. Switch to destination TiVo (that you want to copy to)
3. Load the SPs you saved in step 1
4. Now you can copy the loaded SPs to your destination TiVo

Old 10-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #3314
generaltso

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes, that should work. Note that to copy SPs to another TiVo it's a multi-step process:
1. Save SPs of the source TiVo to disk
2. Switch to destination TiVo (that you want to copy to)
3. Load the SPs you saved in step 1
4. Now you can copy the loaded SPs to your destination TiVo
That's what I tried, but I can't figure out how to select all of the SPs from the loaded list. Does it copy all of them to the destination box if I don't select any?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #3315
moyekj

Quote:
That's what I tried, but I can't figure out how to select all of the SPs from the loaded list. Does it copy all of them to the destination box if I don't select any?
No, you have to select all the ones you want to copy and it will schedule them 1 at a time. Note that using iPad protocol it requires there to be guide listings for a show in order to make a SP for it, so any shows that don't currently have guide listings will fail.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #3316
generaltso

So do I have to select one at a time and hit copy separately for each one?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #3317
moyekj

Quote:
So do I have to select one at a time and hit copy separately for each one?
No, you should be able to select all the ones you want and then click on Copy.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #3318
HazelW

Any way to transfer season passes from TiVo HD to Premier elite?
HazelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #3319
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelW View Post
TiVo HD doesn't support the iPad protocol, so not through that method. You can give tivo.com website a try though. It should copy all SPs though the order will likely get all messed up and you'll have to fix that manually.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #3320
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelW View Post
You got an elite already?
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #3321
lpwcomp

Quote:
TiVo HD doesn't support the iPad protocol, so not through that method. You can give tivo.com website a try though. It should copy all SPs though the order will likely get all messed up and you'll have to fix that manually.
She could, if she so desired, use kmttg to fix the order once they are loaded on the Premiere.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #3322
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
She could, if she so desired, use kmttg to fix the order once they are loaded on the Premiere.
Yes, good point.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #3323
generaltso

Quote:
No, you should be able to select all the ones you want and then click on Copy.
How do I select more than one at a time?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #3324
moyekj

Quote:
How do I select more than one at a time?
Never mind. I forgot I turned off being able to select more than 1 at a time in that table once I added capability to re-order SPs. So yes you are right, you can only select and schedule 1 at a time. If you have a whole bunch of SPs to do it's probably easier to use tivo.com and then fix the order in kmttg.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #3325
innocentfreak

I must say KMTTG has spoiled me. I used it to copy my SPs yesterday to my Elite.

I found I prefered the one at a time since less chance of missing one and also it allowed me to prioritize them in the process.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #3326
lpwcomp

Anyone else seen the following behavior?

When I select all the available channels (excluding the music channels) and request a list of Season Premieres, the TiVo becomes sluggish and unresponsive.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #3327
innocentfreak

Quote:

When I select all the available channels (excluding the music channels) and request a list of Season Premieres, the TiVo becomes sluggish and unresponsive.
He mentions it in the wiki or notes I believe. This process is very intensive so you should only select a few channels at once. I want to say he said 6-10.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #3328
moyekj

Quote:

Yes, that is mentioned in bold in the remote_control Wiki. The search is very exhaustive as it searches through 12 days worth of guide data for every channel you include in the search. So if you are going to do many channels it's best to do it in TiVo central screen and while there are no intentional recordings ongoing.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #3329
generaltso

Quote:
Never mind. I forgot I turned off being able to select more than 1 at a time in that table once I added capability to re-order SPs. So yes you are right, you can only select and schedule 1 at a time. If you have a whole bunch of SPs to do it's probably easier to use tivo.com and then fix the order in kmttg.
So what's the best way to copy my entire SP list to a new box? I guess if I have 150 SPs, I'll need to select each one and hit the copy button 150 times? Is there an older version of KMTTG that I can download that still allows multiples to be selected? Thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #3330
moyekj

Quote:
So what's the best way to copy my entire SP list to a new box? I guess if I have 150 SPs, I'll need to select each one and hit the copy button 150 times? Is there an older version of KMTTG that I can download that still allows multiples to be selected? Thanks!
Use tivo.com website:
https://www3.tivo.com/apps/spm.do

The order will be all messed up when you do it there, but once they are on the Elite you can use kmttg to re-arrange.