TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #3151
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

"path = d:" is not going to cut it, I think. Try "path = d:\"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:56 AM   #3152
jrtroo
User

yess

wmcbrine- thank you - that little error was the source of all of my pain.

Iluvatar- thanks for your suggestion as well. That helped get the ball rollin'.
jrtroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #3153
jsheinz1234

Recently, I have been unable to see my shared files on my PC from the TIVO. (i.e. when I go to "My Videos" folder at the bottom of Now Playing I can go into the folder, but I don't see anything.)

I can see my tivo and recordings on the tivo from my PC via http://localhost:9032/, but not the other way around. Where should I look to fix this?
jsheinz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #3154
pmiranda

Some basic debug steps...
Check firewall settings on that computer
Make sure that computer's connection to the network is the same type (public/home/work) as before (only applies to Vista/Win7)
- Sometimes windows updates or needing to redo your wireless connections can mess these two up

Check that TiVo has good network connectivity (i.e., do a test "call")
Try rebooting TiVo...sometimes it just gets in a funk
pmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #3155
jsheinz1234

Thanks! I will give it a shot.
jsheinz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #3156
lpwcomp

Had something odd happen recently. Using the lucasnz fork of pyTivo, I pulled an mkv file to my Premiere (yes, I know it transcodes it on the fly) . I waited until it was done before starting to watch it. It immediately went to "Delete this recording?". After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I eventually discovered that if I hit rewind or backup right after I hit play, it was positioned near the end of the recording and I could backup to the beginning and watch the whole thing.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #3157
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Fix your system clock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #3158
lpwcomp

Just a question, not a complaint: Any idea why the full metadata for a PULLed show will only display if you are using the SD menus? When using the HD menus, all that displays is description and First Aired.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #3159
Soapm

wmcbrine, I was pleasantly surprised this morning to to find your fork has been downloading at over 4mbs. I had way more transferred than I expected. I was down to a few Gigs on the receiving driving and quickly had to move some of the downloaded stuff to my new storage drive.

Good job my man!!!
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #3160
jcthorne

pyTivo can go much faster than that....75 to 90 can be achieved. On my well used network and slow pytivo server, I usually get 30 to 50mbps.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #3161
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
pyTivo can go much faster than that....75 to 90 can be achieved.
...with a Premiere. ISTR Soapm has a Series 2.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #3162
Soapm

@wmcbrine = I need some help with your fork. Lets say I am 100 episodes of 250 that were queued and the computer hangs so I have to reboot it. In the regular version of PyTivo as long as the episodes are in the same folder it will still show "transfer Complete" for the shows that have already transferred. I'm not seeing that with the fork.

Is there anyway to tell which episodes have transferred? Anyway to see the Tivo number other than for the 3 seconds when it is queuing?

I just figured out the list doesn't always sort the same so I can figure out which have transferred and which still needs to be transferred. I am also having trouble spotting the partially transferred episode without comparing the file size of each. Even then I don't know which it is since all I have is the Tivo number in the file name.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #3163
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I don't know what you mean by "the regular version". "Transfer complete" is still displayed in my version, though it's no longer in a separate column (look under the description). But no version of pyTivo (well, with one exception, but I doubt you've used it) would retain that state across a reboot, or even a restart of just pyTivo.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the TiVo number", either. I think you may be talking about two different things. Anyway, yes, the list should always sort the same.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #3164
Soapm

Colorado Getaways - 2994971.TiVo

I was calling that number after the title the "Tivo Number" for lack of knowing what it is but I did noting it is unique to each episode.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #3165
lpwcomp

A question and an observation.

First the question: Is there any way to get something other than the share name to display on the Group and/or Program page?

The observation: On the Premiere, pulls of files whose metadata has the same made up seriesid will be grouped together. One caveat: The group name associated with that seriesid will be set by the first pull. I conjecture that the Premiere has a local DB of seriesid(s) and that the first time it sees a new one it gets added.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #3166
dylanemcgregor

I just can't seem to get pyTiVo working on my Windows 7 machine. I've ran through the Wiki and everything seems to have finally installed correctly. I run the console and a "MyMovies" folder shows up in the NP list on TiVo...but it is always empty. I've gone to http://localhost:9032 and have set the path to my video folder, verified that there are videos in the folder (including a couple transferred directly from the TiVo using TTG). Permissions for the folder allow access to everyone. I've made changes to Windows Firewall to allow access to pyTivo.

I've done a bunch of searching, but can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem. The other "empty folder" problems seem to all relate to a second video folder. What can I try for troubleshooting?

dylanemcgregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #3167
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
I just can't seem to get pyTiVo working on my Windows 7 machine. I've ran through the Wiki and everything seems to have finally installed correctly. I run the console and a "MyMovies" folder shows up in the NP list on TiVo...but it is always empty. I've gone to http://localhost:9032 and have set the path to my video folder, verified that there are videos in the folder (including a couple transferred directly from the TiVo using TTG). Permissions for the folder allow access to everyone. I've made changes to Windows Firewall to allow access to pyTivo.

I've done a bunch of searching, but can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem. The other "empty folder" problems seem to all relate to a second video folder. What can I try for troubleshooting?
Please post your pyTivo.conf file contents (edit any personal info).

Can you post a debug log or the complete console output, from pyTivo startup to you trying to access the 'empty' folder?

Is TiVo Desktop also installed? This may cause issues.

Have you tried disabling the firewall temporarily?
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #3168
dylanemcgregor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
Please post your pyTivo.conf file contents (edit any personal info).
[Server]
port = 9032
ffmpeg = C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Roaming\pytivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe

[MyMovies]
type = video
path = C:\Users\Dylan\Documents\Vuze Downloads\transcodes\TiVo

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

Quote:
Can you post a debug log or the complete console output, from pyTivo startup to you trying to access the 'empty' folder?
Code:
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Announcing shares...
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Registering: MyMovies
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Scanning for TiVos...
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:DVD
INFO:pyTivo:pyTivo is ready.
Quote:
Is TiVo Desktop also installed? This may cause issues.
TiVo Desktop is installed now. Originally it was not installed and I had the same issue. I installed it because at one point I had TiVo Desktop Plus, and I was going to use it as an alternative, but I've lost the key.

Quote:
Have you tried disabling the firewall temporarily?
I just turned off Windows Firewall, but sometime right before I turned this off "MyMovies" disappeared from the NP list.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #3169
Iluvatar

Quote:
[Server]
port = 9032

[MyMovies]
type = video
path = C:\Users\Dylan\Documents\Vuze Downloads\transcodes\TiVo

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

Code:
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Announcing shares...
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Registering: MyMovies
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Scanning for TiVos...
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:DVD
INFO:pyTivo:pyTivo is ready.
TiVo Desktop is installed now. Originally it was not installed and I had the same issue. I installed it because at one point I had TiVo Desktop Plus, and I was going to use it as an alternative, but I've lost the key.

I just turned off Windows Firewall, but sometime right before I turned this off "MyMovies" disappeared from the NP list.
Place this in your [Server] section of the pyTivo.conf file:
Code:
debug = True
This will enable additional output in the console and may help.

Restart pyTivo and post the entire log after trying to access the MyMovies folder in your NPL.

TiVo Desktop may or may not be causing issues but if you no longer intend on using it then I would uninstall it.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #3170
dylanemcgregor

Quote:
Place this in your [Server] section of the pyTivo.conf file:
Code:
debug = True
This will enable additional output in the console and may help.

Restart pyTivo and post the entire log after trying to access the MyMovies folder in your NPL.

TiVo Desktop may or may not be causing issues but if you no longer intend on using it then I would uninstall it.
OK, put the debug = True line in the pytivo.conf file and saved. Restarted pyTivo and went to access MyMovies. No change in the output in the console.

I then went and uninstalled TiVo Desktop and then restarted pyTiVo again. Again I don't have a listing for MyMovies in NP at all.

Edit: Rebooting my PC got the MyMovies listing back in the NP list. Still nothing changes in the console when I select this folder from NP. One thing that I'm not sure is important, but when I enter the MyMovies folder the folder is empty, but I am able to use the page up/down buttons to scroll through the "list". With TiVo Desktop, if I went into an empty folder I'd get a message saying no videos in this folder.

BTW, sorry for not saying it sooner, but I really appreciate your help with this. I've been struggling on and off with this for a couple of months now.

Last edited by dylanemcgregor : 10-08-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #3171
Iluvatar

Quote:
OK, put the debug = True line in the pytivo.conf file and saved. Restarted pyTivo and went to access MyMovies. No change in the output in the console.
That's odd. It sounds like you have two instances of pyTivo running. Have you ever setup pyTivo in the past to automatically startup at login?

Shooting in the dark here but just to see if it is a permissions problem can you setup a new temporary folder somewhere else outside of your USER directory? Maybe place a new folder in C:\ , put a video in there and then create a new share in pyTivo pointing to this. You'll need to restart. Try to access this folder on your TiVo.

Quote:
BTW, sorry for not saying it sooner, but I really appreciate your help with this. I've been struggling on and off with this for a couple of months now.
No problem. I may not know what the issue is in the end but the info you put up will be useful to someone who may know what's going on.

Last edited by Iluvatar : 10-08-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #3172
dylanemcgregor

Quote:
Shooting in the dark here but just to see if it is a permissions problem can you setup a new temporary folder somewhere else outside of your USER directory? Maybe place a new folder in C:\ , put a video in there and then create a new share in pyTivo pointing to this. You'll need to restart. Try to access this folder on your TiVo.
OK. Setup a test folder in the root of C: called pytivovideotest and put a couple of avi files in there. Pointed MyMovies to this folder, saved, and did a soft restart. Then quit and restarted the console. Still nothing in the console output when I access MyVideos from the Tivo. (plenty of stuff pops up when I make changes to the localhost file).

I don't think I've ever setup pyTivo to start at login. As I said, I've been working on this for a couple of months though, so it is possible I did something inadvertently back at the beginning, but I don't see any running processes that look like dupes (not that I'm even sure exactly what I'd be looking for, I see one instance of python running, but nothing under processes that identifies as pyTivo.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #3173
Iluvatar

Quote:
OK. Setup a test folder in the root of C: called pytivovideotest and put a couple of avi files in there. Pointed MyMovies to this folder, saved, and did a soft restart. Then quit and restarted the console. Still nothing in the console output when I access MyVideos from the Tivo. (plenty of stuff pops up when I make changes to the localhost file).

I don't think I've ever setup pyTivo to start at login. As I said, I've been working on this for a couple of months though, so it is possible I did something inadvertently back at the beginning, but I don't see any running processes that look like dupes (not that I'm even sure exactly what I'd be looking for, I see one instance of python running, but nothing under processes that identifies as pyTivo.
One way to tell is to restart your PC. If the MyMovies share reappears in your NPL without you having to use the command prompt to start it then at some point you set it up as a service.

However if you are not running multiple instances of pyTivo then the requests are just not getting through to pyTivo. With the debug line in your config file you should be seeing lots of logging output when you navigate to a share with your TiVo....whether the shared folder path is correct or not. This is back at what looks like a firewall issue. However I do not run Windows and I am not familiar with the workings of its firewall. The pyTiVo wiki says to add port 9032 (or whatever port it is set to in your config) to your firewall permissions.

Perhaps wmcbrine or someone else will give recommendations on this.

On another note, just in case, if you are not running the latest snapshot of pyTivo then download the latest and overwrite your pyTivo directory. It won't fix your issue probably but we can be sure that we are troubleshooting the latest code.

Last edited by Iluvatar : 10-08-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #3174
dylanemcgregor

Had a bit of a change a while back. I'd left the MyMovies empty folder open for a bit while I was doing other things (not related to pyTivo) and at some point a message popped up saying the folder was empty. Since then I've restarted the console, and now I'm back to no message, just an empty folder that can scroll infinitely (or so it seems).

I restarted my computer, and nothing shows up in NP until I start the pyTivo console. I want to make sure I have my conf file set up properly. This is what it looks like now.

Code:
[Server]
port = 9032
debug = True

[MyMovies]
type = video
path = C:\PyTivoVideoTest

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]
Does that look correct? Just seems weird that no logs are being generated when I open the folder. I have put both incoming and outgoing exceptions to the Windows Firewall for port 9032 per the Wiki. I hadn't done this before in Win7, so it is possible that I screwed up, but the firewall is off right now anyway, so that shouldn't matter.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #3175
oregonman

Upgraded from HD to Premiere - pyTivo doesn't work for me anymore

I upgraded from a Tivo HD to a Premiere. I had pyTivo set up and working fine for me with the Tivo HD. When I try to push a video to the Premiere, the video shows up on the Premiere, but the duration is 0:00.

The last message on the pyTivo console is:
Option: 'padtop' has been removed, use the pad filter instead
ffmpeg.exe: failed to set value '60' for option 'padtop'

I searched around here looking for a solution and the only thread I found was an older thread suggesting that earlier versions of pyTivo did not recognize the Premiere, but I am using a pyTivo from this spring:
wmcbrine-7aac601ceab3e5c270096bdb3f904a3c7707f2fc.zip
oregonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #3176
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Sorry, but it's clear that you are indeed using a version of pyTivo that doesn't recognize the Premiere as an HD unit. pyTivo only attempts to pad for (what it thinks are) SD units.

The actual error message is due to your using a newer version of ffmpeg that doesn't recognize the old padding syntax. This too would be fixed with an up-to-date pyTivo.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #3177
lrhorer

Quote:
I restarted my computer, and nothing shows up in NP until I start the pyTivo console. I want to make sure I have my conf file set up properly. This is what it looks like now.

Code:
[Server]
port = 9032
debug = True

[MyMovies]
type = video
path = C:\PyTivoVideoTest

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]
Does that look correct? Just seems weird that no logs are being generated when I open the folder. I have put both incoming and outgoing exceptions to the Windows Firewall for port 9032 per the Wiki. I hadn't done this before in Win7, so it is possible that I screwed up, but the firewall is off right now anyway, so that shouldn't matter.
As long as those paths do indeed exist, that config file should be fine. I don't see how pyTivo could be doing anything at all without any output to stdout. What is the command you are using to start pyTivo?
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #3178
Soapm

I feel pretty dumb having to ask this question but I want to get vidmgr working so I guess i must put down my pride.

The very first sentence of the instructions says, "Go to the directory where you have pyhme installed." What in the world is pyhme?

I first searched my complete computer including drive where I know it wouldn't be but no luck. I can't find where I put pyhme but I do use pytivo with wmcbrine fork.

I've googled and googled and searched this forum to find many people using this acronym but for the life of me I can't figure out how you get it or what you do with it. then I think if I can't understand the first sentence maybe this one is over my head.

I'd like to try vidmgr but I'm off to a rocky start since I can't find pyhme. Help...

Ps.. I posted in this thread because the vidmgr thread id in developers corner and I didn't think I should be posting there.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #3179
dylanemcgregor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
As long as those paths do indeed exist, that config file should be fine. I don't see how pyTivo could be doing anything at all without any output to stdout. What is the command you are using to start pyTivo?
I'm not sure I understand this. I start pyTivo through the start menu, not the command line. What is stdout? Is a separate log file supposed to be generated and put in the pytivo folder? I've been under the impression that the console window would generate output? The same as happens if I make a change in the web configuration. Maybe I've been misunderstanding?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #3180
oregonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Sorry, but it's clear that you are indeed using a version of pyTivo that doesn't recognize the Premiere as an HD unit. pyTivo only attempts to pad for (what it thinks are) SD units.

The actual error message is due to your using a newer version of ffmpeg that doesn't recognize the old padding syntax. This too would be fixed with an up-to-date pyTivo.
Thanks. I just grabbed the pyTivo from the link in your signature and installed that over my current installation. It seems to work now. I must have done the previous installation incorrectly and been running an older version than I thought I was running, but since it was working with my Tivo HD, I had no reason to investigate.

Is there any way to see the version number or build date of the running instance of pyTivo? I don't see anything in the output on the console or in the Web configuration page that gives any clue. It would be nice to see a version number or build date somewhere.
oregonman is offline   Reply With Quote