TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > Developers Corner
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #391
Tobashadow
Registered User
 
Tobashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,644
Edited


Code:
# vidmgr.ini
#
# this is the global options file - it belongs in the vidmgr directory under pyhme
#
# Default values are specified below
#
[vidmgr]
# what file extensions are we interested in.  Only files with these extensions will be
# displayed on screen
# specify a list of file extensions - with the .  
#      default: exts=.mp4 .mpg .avi .wmv
#
exts=.mp4 .mpg .avi .wmv .mkv

# the next 4 options specify format information for the info screen that pops up
# when you press the info button. 
# specify a list of metadata tags for each.
#       default: metaignore=isEpisode isEpisodic
#                metafirst=title seriesTitle episodeTitle description
#                metaspacebefore=
#                metaspaceafter=
#
#metaignore=isEpisode isEpisodic
#metafirst=title seriesTitle episodeTitle description
#metaspacebefore=
#metaspaceafter=

# the next two options are also formatting options for the info screen.  The info screen is 
# a two column layout.  the infolabelpercent option indicates what percentage of the
# screen width should be devoted to the label column
#      default: infolabelpercent=30
# the inforightmargin option specifies the width of the right margin on the info screen.  If
# you find the text running up against the right edge of the screen, increase this number.
#      default: inforightmargin=20
#
#infolabelpercent=30
#inforightmargin=20

# the next two options control how multiple metadata files are handled.  When searching for
# metadata, vidmgr looks for the files in the following sequence:
#      .meta/default.txt
#      default.txt
#      .meta/<videofilename>.txt
#      <videofilename>.txt
#
# metamergefiles determines if the contents of one file are merged with previous files or if
# it completely replaces the previous file.  If this is set to true, since the files are read
# from the general to the specific, more specific information will replace more general information,
# but the end result will be the union of all the files.  If this is set to false, then only the
# information in the last file read will be kept.
#      default: metamergefiles=True
#
# metamergelines if only meaningful if metamergefiles is set to true.  If set to true, then if
# two files contain the same metadata tag, then the values are concatenated together.  If set to 
# false, then the value from the second file replaces the value from the first file.  Note - 
# metadata tags that are already lists (vActor, etc) are always merged regardless of the value of
# this option.
#      default: metamergelines=False
#
#metamergefiles=True	
#metamergelines=False

# specify the point size of the font used to display the descriptive text of a video on the main screen
#      default: descsize=20
#
#descsize=20

#
# the image files that vidmgr uses for its background, etc, can be replaced.  These files all reside
# in a directory named 'skins' under the vidmgr directory.  If you wish to use your own image files, 
# create a directory under skins, place your files there, and name that directory with the skin option.
# Note: the files must be png files and must match the original images in size.  Only the images being
# changed need be specified.  If an image file is NOT found in your skin's directory, the corresponding
# file is taken from the main skins directory.
#      default: skin=
#
#skin=

# 
# can the files in this directory be deleted - specify true or false.  
#
#      default: deleteallowed=True
#
deleteallowed=True

#
# specify how you would like the artwork for a video to be justified - specify left, center, or right
#
#      default: thumbjustify=left
#
#thumbjustify=left

#
# what metadata tags should be used to construct the string used to identify this file on the screen
# specify a list of metadata tags - including any metadata tags you may have created yourself.  In addition to the
# normal metadata tags, you can use the word 'file' to indicate the video's file name (without the directory) and 
# you can use the value 'titleNumber' to indicate the title number for a DVD video.
#      default: display=title episodeTitle
#
#display=title episodeTitle

# what string should be used to separate the above metadata when constructing the title string
# specify an arbitrary string
#      default: displaysep=:
#
#displaysep=1

#
# what metadata tags should be used to construct the string that is used to sort the videos when they
# are displayed in a list
# specify a list of metadata tags - including any metadata tags you may have created yourself.  In addition to the
# normal metadata tags, you can use the word 'file' to indicate the video's file name (without the directory) and 
# you can use the value 'titleNumber' to indicate the title number for a DVD video.
#      default: sort=title episodeTitle
#
#sort=title episodeTitle

#
# which direction should the sort be
# specify up for an ascending sort or down for a descending sort
#      default: dortdirection=up
#
#sortdirection=up

# 
# the next option controls the contents of the fop of the navigation tree.  If set to true, the top page will
# contain an entry that says 'Browse Shares'.  This will take you to a separate page where the shares are listed.
# If ths is set to false, then each share will be on the top screen.
#      default: sharepage=true
#
#sharepage=true

#
# what text string should be used for the subtitle on the top navigation screen.  The subtitle normally gives
# a cue as to where you are in the navigation, but no such cue is necessary when at the top; this string will
# be displayed instead
#      default: topsubtitle=Main Menu
#
#topsubtitle=Main Menu




#
# the tivos section of the file is where you identify your Tivos.  For each tivo, you MUST provide a name and
# a TSN.  It is NOT necessary to put the dashes into the TSN - just use the digits.  In the tags below, replace the
# X with a digit starting at 1 (e.g. tivo1.name).  If you have multiple tivos, number them sequentially.  You can have
# an arbitrary number of tivos, but vidmgr will stop parsing the file as soon as it detects a gap in the
# numbering sequence.  These fields have no default values.
#
[tivos]
tivo1.name=Living Room
tivo1.tsn=649000180xxxx 
tivo2.name=Bedroom
tivo2.tsn=649000180xxxxxx


# 
# the pytivos section is where you identify your pytivo processes.  The tags are numbered as above - replace the X
# with a digit starting from 1 andproceeding sequentially from there.  You MUST provide config - which is a full
# path to the pyTivo.conf file, and ip - which is the ip address of the machine on which pytivo is running.  If 
# the config file does NOT specify a port number for pytivo, then you MUST specify it here.  pytivoX.skip is a 
# comma-delimited list of shares that you do NOT want to include here - do NOT use extra spaces in this list.
# pytivoX.sep is the file path separator for the machine on which pytivo is running - if this is omitted, then
# the seperator character for the machine on which vidmgr is used.
#
[pytivos]
pytivo1.config=C:\Users\Public\Documents\pyTivo\pyTivo.conf
#pytivoX.sep=
pytivo1.ip=192.168.1.125
pytivo1.port=9033
#pytivoX.skip=



#
# now come the virtual shares - there can be an arbitrary number of these.  Whatever text you put between the square
# brackets as the section name will become the text that appears on the navigation screen.  Each virtual share MUST
# have a specification for which files to include.  Additionally, you can override sort and display options, and you
# can specify how files should be grouped
#
[virtual share name X]

#
# there are three possible ways to indicate which files to include.  You must use exactly 1 of them for each virtual share:
#
# 1. specify which metadata tags are used to divide videos up into groups:
#
#tags=tag1 tag2 tag3 ... tagn
#
# each video is searched for the specified tags.  If a video does not have ANY of these tags, it is skipped.  If it has ANY
# of the tags, then the video file will be inserted into a group for each value.  For example, if the tag was vActor, then
# for each actor in a file, that file would be inserted into a group with that actor's name as the group name.  As other
# videos are found with this same actor, they will be added to the existing group.  What you end up with is a main menu choice
# for the virtual share (the text in the brackets) and when you choose it, you will see all the actors found in the metadata
# as separate "folders".  If you then navigate into those folders, you will see all the videos that each actor is in.  In addition
# to all of the normal metadata tags, including your own, you can use titleNumber which is the title number for DVD titles.
#
#
# 2. specify metadata VALUES that must be matched for a video to be included:
#
#values = tag:val,val.../tag:val,val...
#
# each video is searched for the specified tag(s).  If a video does not contain any of the tags, it is skipped.  If it DOES
# contain a tag, then the value for that tag MUST be one of the values listed.  If it's not, then the video is skipped.  If 
# multiple tags are specified, a video will match only if 1) it contains ALL of the tags, and 2) each value for EVERY tag
# is in the specified list.  Spaces are significant for the values.  Do not use any unnecessary spaces in the specification.
# As an example, values=isEpisodic:true,True,TRUE  will include ALL videos for which the value for isEpisodic is true, True, 
# or TRUE.  As with tags, the metadata tags can be any of the normal tags, inclding your own, or titleNumber which is the
# title number for DVD videos.
#
#
# 3. include ALL videos unconditionally:
#
#values=all
#
# this is useful in conjunction with the other options below.  For example if you want a share that includes all videos
# sorted by record date.
#

#
# within the videos selected for a virtual share, you can add one layer of grouping.  This is provided by the groupby
# option.  The tags option above already offers a layer of grouping, so this option is probably more useful for the
# values option, but it CAN be used with tags.
#
# to use this option, specify a SINGLE metadata tag.  For each matching video, the value for this tag is used to create/identify
#  a "folder" into which this video is placed.  If the video does NOT contain the tag, then the video is placed in the root
# "folder".  As a good example, let's extend the isEpisodic example from above.  If you say "values=isEpisodic:true,TRUE,True"
# all videos will show up in a single flat "folder".  They will be sorted, but it could be a large list.  If I
# add "groupby=seriesTitle", then vidmgr will create "sub-folders" for each series title thus organizing the files.
#
#groupby=seriesTitle

#
# finally, it is possible to override the sort, sortdirection, display, and displaysep options for this virtual share
# by simply specifying that option in the corresponding section.  If these are missing, then the global values will be used.
#

__________________
.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #392
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobashadow View Post
Edited


Code:
# vidmgr.ini
#
# this is the global options file - it belongs in the vidmgr directory under pyhme
#
# Default values are specified below
#
[vidmgr]
# what file extensions are we interested in.  Only files with these extensions will be
# displayed on screen
# specify a list of file extensions - with the .  
#      default: exts=.mp4 .mpg .avi .wmv
#
exts=.mp4 .mpg .avi .wmv .mkv

# the next 4 options specify format information for the info screen that pops up
# when you press the info button. 
# specify a list of metadata tags for each.
#       default: metaignore=isEpisode isEpisodic
#                metafirst=title seriesTitle episodeTitle description
#                metaspacebefore=
#                metaspaceafter=
#
#metaignore=isEpisode isEpisodic
#metafirst=title seriesTitle episodeTitle description
#metaspacebefore=
#metaspaceafter=

# the next two options are also formatting options for the info screen.  The info screen is 
# a two column layout.  the infolabelpercent option indicates what percentage of the
# screen width should be devoted to the label column
#      default: infolabelpercent=30
# the inforightmargin option specifies the width of the right margin on the info screen.  If
# you find the text running up against the right edge of the screen, increase this number.
#      default: inforightmargin=20
#
#infolabelpercent=30
#inforightmargin=20

# the next two options control how multiple metadata files are handled.  When searching for
# metadata, vidmgr looks for the files in the following sequence:
#      .meta/default.txt
#      default.txt
#      .meta/<videofilename>.txt
#      <videofilename>.txt
#
# metamergefiles determines if the contents of one file are merged with previous files or if
# it completely replaces the previous file.  If this is set to true, since the files are read
# from the general to the specific, more specific information will replace more general information,
# but the end result will be the union of all the files.  If this is set to false, then only the
# information in the last file read will be kept.
#      default: metamergefiles=True
#
# metamergelines if only meaningful if metamergefiles is set to true.  If set to true, then if
# two files contain the same metadata tag, then the values are concatenated together.  If set to 
# false, then the value from the second file replaces the value from the first file.  Note - 
# metadata tags that are already lists (vActor, etc) are always merged regardless of the value of
# this option.
#      default: metamergelines=False
#
#metamergefiles=True	
#metamergelines=False

# specify the point size of the font used to display the descriptive text of a video on the main screen
#      default: descsize=20
#
#descsize=20

#
# the image files that vidmgr uses for its background, etc, can be replaced.  These files all reside
# in a directory named 'skins' under the vidmgr directory.  If you wish to use your own image files, 
# create a directory under skins, place your files there, and name that directory with the skin option.
# Note: the files must be png files and must match the original images in size.  Only the images being
# changed need be specified.  If an image file is NOT found in your skin's directory, the corresponding
# file is taken from the main skins directory.
#      default: skin=
#
#skin=

# 
# can the files in this directory be deleted - specify true or false.  
#
#      default: deleteallowed=True
#
deleteallowed=True

#
# specify how you would like the artwork for a video to be justified - specify left, center, or right
#
#      default: thumbjustify=left
#
#thumbjustify=left

#
# what metadata tags should be used to construct the string used to identify this file on the screen
# specify a list of metadata tags - including any metadata tags you may have created yourself.  In addition to the
# normal metadata tags, you can use the word 'file' to indicate the video's file name (without the directory) and 
# you can use the value 'titleNumber' to indicate the title number for a DVD video.
#      default: display=title episodeTitle
#
#display=title episodeTitle

# what string should be used to separate the above metadata when constructing the title string
# specify an arbitrary string
#      default: displaysep=:
#
#displaysep=1

#
# what metadata tags should be used to construct the string that is used to sort the videos when they
# are displayed in a list
# specify a list of metadata tags - including any metadata tags you may have created yourself.  In addition to the
# normal metadata tags, you can use the word 'file' to indicate the video's file name (without the directory) and 
# you can use the value 'titleNumber' to indicate the title number for a DVD video.
#      default: sort=title episodeTitle
#
#sort=title episodeTitle

#
# which direction should the sort be
# specify up for an ascending sort or down for a descending sort
#      default: dortdirection=up
#
#sortdirection=up

# 
# the next option controls the contents of the fop of the navigation tree.  If set to true, the top page will
# contain an entry that says 'Browse Shares'.  This will take you to a separate page where the shares are listed.
# If ths is set to false, then each share will be on the top screen.
#      default: sharepage=true
#
#sharepage=true

#
# what text string should be used for the subtitle on the top navigation screen.  The subtitle normally gives
# a cue as to where you are in the navigation, but no such cue is necessary when at the top; this string will
# be displayed instead
#      default: topsubtitle=Main Menu
#
#topsubtitle=Main Menu




#
# the tivos section of the file is where you identify your Tivos.  For each tivo, you MUST provide a name and
# a TSN.  It is NOT necessary to put the dashes into the TSN - just use the digits.  In the tags below, replace the
# X with a digit starting at 1 (e.g. tivo1.name).  If you have multiple tivos, number them sequentially.  You can have
# an arbitrary number of tivos, but vidmgr will stop parsing the file as soon as it detects a gap in the
# numbering sequence.  These fields have no default values.
#
[tivos]
tivo1.name=Living Room
tivo1.tsn=649000180xxxx 
tivo2.name=Bedroom
tivo2.tsn=649000180xxxxxx


# 
# the pytivos section is where you identify your pytivo processes.  The tags are numbered as above - replace the X
# with a digit starting from 1 andproceeding sequentially from there.  You MUST provide config - which is a full
# path to the pyTivo.conf file, and ip - which is the ip address of the machine on which pytivo is running.  If 
# the config file does NOT specify a port number for pytivo, then you MUST specify it here.  pytivoX.skip is a 
# comma-delimited list of shares that you do NOT want to include here - do NOT use extra spaces in this list.
# pytivoX.sep is the file path separator for the machine on which pytivo is running - if this is omitted, then
# the seperator character for the machine on which vidmgr is used.
#
[pytivos]
pytivo1.config=C:\Users\Public\Documents\pyTivo\pyTivo.conf
#pytivoX.sep=
pytivo1.ip=192.168.1.125
pytivo1.port=9033
#pytivoX.skip=



#
# now come the virtual shares - there can be an arbitrary number of these.  Whatever text you put between the square
# brackets as the section name will become the text that appears on the navigation screen.  Each virtual share MUST
# have a specification for which files to include.  Additionally, you can override sort and display options, and you
# can specify how files should be grouped
#
[virtual share name X]

#
# there are three possible ways to indicate which files to include.  You must use exactly 1 of them for each virtual share:
#
# 1. specify which metadata tags are used to divide videos up into groups:
#
#tags=tag1 tag2 tag3 ... tagn
#
# each video is searched for the specified tags.  If a video does not have ANY of these tags, it is skipped.  If it has ANY
# of the tags, then the video file will be inserted into a group for each value.  For example, if the tag was vActor, then
# for each actor in a file, that file would be inserted into a group with that actor's name as the group name.  As other
# videos are found with this same actor, they will be added to the existing group.  What you end up with is a main menu choice
# for the virtual share (the text in the brackets) and when you choose it, you will see all the actors found in the metadata
# as separate "folders".  If you then navigate into those folders, you will see all the videos that each actor is in.  In addition
# to all of the normal metadata tags, including your own, you can use titleNumber which is the title number for DVD titles.
#
#
# 2. specify metadata VALUES that must be matched for a video to be included:
#
#values = tag:val,val.../tag:val,val...
#
# each video is searched for the specified tag(s).  If a video does not contain any of the tags, it is skipped.  If it DOES
# contain a tag, then the value for that tag MUST be one of the values listed.  If it's not, then the video is skipped.  If 
# multiple tags are specified, a video will match only if 1) it contains ALL of the tags, and 2) each value for EVERY tag
# is in the specified list.  Spaces are significant for the values.  Do not use any unnecessary spaces in the specification.
# As an example, values=isEpisodic:true,True,TRUE  will include ALL videos for which the value for isEpisodic is true, True, 
# or TRUE.  As with tags, the metadata tags can be any of the normal tags, inclding your own, or titleNumber which is the
# title number for DVD videos.
#
#
# 3. include ALL videos unconditionally:
#
#values=all
#
# this is useful in conjunction with the other options below.  For example if you want a share that includes all videos
# sorted by record date.
#

#
# within the videos selected for a virtual share, you can add one layer of grouping.  This is provided by the groupby
# option.  The tags option above already offers a layer of grouping, so this option is probably more useful for the
# values option, but it CAN be used with tags.
#
# to use this option, specify a SINGLE metadata tag.  For each matching video, the value for this tag is used to create/identify
#  a "folder" into which this video is placed.  If the video does NOT contain the tag, then the video is placed in the root
# "folder".  As a good example, let's extend the isEpisodic example from above.  If you say "values=isEpisodic:true,TRUE,True"
# all videos will show up in a single flat "folder".  They will be sorted, but it could be a large list.  If I
# add "groupby=seriesTitle", then vidmgr will create "sub-folders" for each series title thus organizing the files.
#
#groupby=seriesTitle

#
# finally, it is possible to override the sort, sortdirection, display, and displaysep options for this virtual share
# by simply specifying that option in the corresponding section.  If these are missing, then the global values will be used.
#

You didn't answer my question about any other output, but I found a problem in your ini file. The following line:

[virtual share name X]

introduces a virtual share but doesn't have any specifications below it. All virtual shares need either a tags= or a values= line.

Based on the name, I assume you don't want any virtual shares. If this is the case, then you need to comment out that line too
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #393
Tobashadow
Registered User
 
Tobashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,644
I commented the line out and same exact error.

Sorry for being such a bother on this.

I really hope this is what you want as far as "output" goes.

At this point i am starting the hme program



This is when i enter the Music, Photos section with the remote.



When i select the program i get a black screen and this is the final output.


__________________
.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #394
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
OK - so there is no information there, but the question still exists why cleanup is being called.

Can you build the cache directly? Go into the vidmgr and type "python BuildCache.py" and see if it builds the cache.

What's really concerning me is that I don't see ANY messages about not finding the cache and attempting to build it. It doesn't look to me like it is getting into the startup logic at all.

The crash doesn't happen at program startup - it happens when you choose it from the menu. That means that it gets through reading the configuration file OK. The only real reason if could fail at this point is if it couldn't find an HD resolution to work in. You DO have an HD Tivo? right?

I have also included a version of __init__.py with some debugging statements in it. (I had to add a .txt suffix for the forum). Save your original file, and put this file into the vidmgr directory and restart the app and let me know what output you get.

BTW - I fixed the vcChanged error message in this file, so you shouldn't see that anymore.
Attached Files
File Type: txt __init__.py.txt (12.0 KB, 2 views)
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #395
Tobashadow
Registered User
 
Tobashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,644
No im not running a HD tivo is that a issue for this program i do not see it stated that a HD tivo is required.
__________________
.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #396
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobashadow View Post
No im not running a HD tivo is that a issue for this program i do not see it stated that a HD tivo is required.
Here is a paragraph from the readme file:

Code:
There is one limitation over the original program - This is for HD only.  If the application finds that
your tivo does not support an HD resolution, it simply exits.  One implication of this - if you plan on 
retaining any of your HD files from the previous version of Vidmgr, then the "HD" needs to be removed
from the file name.
This was a tough decision, but when I was maintaining version 1, it got extremely unwieldy because there is such a great deal of difference in terms of what can be displayed that the program really had two distinct personalities. This made debugging and enhancing a real nightmare. When I moved to version 2, I made the decision to limit it to HD.

Sorry about that. If you have SD, you need to stay back on version 1.
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #397
Tobashadow
Registered User
 
Tobashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,644
Ok is there anything special i need to do to get version 1 up and running?
__________________
.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #398
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobashadow View Post
Ok is there anything special i need to do to get version 1 up and running?
It's very much the same as what you did for version 2. Follow the version 1 link in my signature below.

The config information is in the pyhme config.ini file. The distribution has examples in a config.merge file. Just read the readme file carefully.

Virtual shares are not a feature of version 1. One recommendation I would make based on user responses is to make sure you are using the blue skin. I think I changed it to be the default, but I can't really remember.
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #399
Tobashadow
Registered User
 
Tobashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,644
Ok i removed all the Version 2 items and got all of version 1 installed and edited the config file in the base hme area to the same settings as above using the examples in the merge config file, nothing more nothing less and now it is getting stuck on registering vidmgr.

It just sits there.
__________________
.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #400
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
I'm not sure what ypu mean by it just sits there. registering vidmgr SHOULD be the last thing you see until you start working with the remote control.

I can't help if you don't give me more information than that.
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #401
Tobashadow
Registered User
 
Tobashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,644
Here i am to cause you a headache tonight it seems.

Current config file




Current output


__________________
.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #402
Tobashadow
Registered User
 
Tobashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,644
If i take the # off of the apps line to make it load only the vidmgr i get the following



Which at first appears good but if i try to access it from the Tivo the screen pops ip black and says please wait and nothing more and nothing more is shown in the command window i have given it 15 mins should it take longer then that?
__________________
.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #403
Tobashadow
Registered User
 
Tobashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,644
Got it working, it finally complained about a bad folder on my G drive so i commented out the reference to it in pytivo config file and i got my other two drives to work.

I will have to look into that further.

The purple and blue background works fine.
__________________
.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #404
jcthorne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernardis View Post
What version of python are you running? win32file was included in my python distribution and I am at 2.7. It's only imported if you are running on a windows system.
I am running python 2.6 as that is what was recommended when I installed pytivo many moons ago. Never saw any reason or recomendation to change it. If 2.7 is required, is it compatible with pytivo including the photo module?
__________________
Current : Roamio Base with 2TB drive and 2 Premieres, OTA. kmttg, pyTivo, running with a Synology 1511 NAS....serving up the world.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #405
jcthorne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,828
Ok, installed pywin32 for python 2.6, finished working through the ini file and again attempted to start vidmgr2...

Now gives the following error on launch of pythonHME

Skipping: vidmgr2 - No application class

Returning to running vidmgr version 1 runs fine.


Seems odd but reading through this thread, it appears no one else is trying to get Ver2 going or has tested under windows?
__________________
Current : Roamio Base with 2TB drive and 2 Premieres, OTA. kmttg, pyTivo, running with a Synology 1511 NAS....serving up the world.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jcthorne : 09-25-2011 at 04:06 PM.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #406
txporter
One sec, almost done
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Ok, installed pywin32 for python 2.6, finished working through the ini file and again attempted to start vidmgr2...

Now gives the following error on launch of pythonHME

Skipping: vidmgr2 - No application class

Returning to running vidmgr version 1 runs fine.


Seems odd but reading through this thread, it appears no one else is trying to get Ver2 going or has tested under windows?
Are you still running this on your Syno? I got a similar error when I tried to upgrade from vidmgr v1 to vidmgr v2. Initially, I downloaded v2 into a folder called vidmgr2. HMEforpython didn't like two folder with nearly the same name it seems. I had to move the v1 folder outside of hmeforpython and only run 1 folder for vidmgr. That fixed the error message for me.
__________________
Tivo Premiere 2TB WD20EARS (lifetime)
TivoHD 1TB WD10EACS + 1TB WD10EVCS Antec MX-1 (lifetime)
TivoHD 1TB WD10EACS (lifetime)
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #407
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
The issue is with python's naming rules. The class name in the __init__.py module has to be the same name as the directory but capitalized. I'm not sure if the capitalization is necessary, but python seems to allow it. If you put your files into a directory named vidmgr2, you need to open up the __init__.py file and change the name of the class to be Vidmgr2. you also need to change your entry in config.ini to be vidmgr2.
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #408
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobashadow View Post
Got it working, it finally complained about a bad folder on my G drive so i commented out the reference to it in pytivo config file and i got my other two drives to work.

I will have to look into that further.

The purple and blue background works fine.
I assume the nonUniquename was coming because you had multiple services with the same name. That message actually comes from pyhme code. If you do not have an apps= line in your config.ini file, pyhme tries to start up EVERY subdirectory as an app. Apparently two of them have the same name or somehow conflict with one another. Isolating it to vidmgr eliminated the conflict.
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #409
jcthorne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,828
Thanks guys. Will give this a try when I get home tonight. I placed the new version in vidmgr2 so I could keep the functional version 1 online while I worked out the bugs.

I am not running it on the Synology diskstation, I went back to the windows server for pytivo, pythonHME, Harmonium and a few other full time tasks.
__________________
Current : Roamio Base with 2TB drive and 2 Premieres, OTA. kmttg, pyTivo, running with a Synology 1511 NAS....serving up the world.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #410
jcthorne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,828
OK, making progress. I got vidmgr2 running and have 2 virtual shares. Movies by Genre and Movies by Actor. Now I need to find a way to filter and combine the results into fewer folders. For example there are 11 different folders shown for dramas, romantic drama, crime drama etc. Similar for action and others. vidmgr came up with 62 genres from my approx 300 films. Its also including tv shows but I suppose I will need to define multiple shares in pytivo to break those out.

Some suggestions on how best to use this?
__________________
Current : Roamio Base with 2TB drive and 2 Premieres, OTA. kmttg, pyTivo, running with a Synology 1511 NAS....serving up the world.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #411
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
...Some suggestions on how best to use this?
There's nothing you can do that's intrinsic to the software as it is - except manually change the genre in your metadata files.

Maybe I could come up with some grouping method, where within the virtual share, you could create virtual values that map to a set of real values. If the metadata is within the set of real values, then use the virtual value. Let me experiment a bit. No promises.
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #412
jcthorne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,828
Is there something I am supposed to be doing to have vidmgr2 save the cache? When it lauches from the tivo menu, it takes 4 to 5 minutes to start. No problem the first time but comming back some time later and reentering video manager, it takes a long time again to 'Processing video share Video on Meda Server'

The share has 6580 videos according to vidmgr.

As this is, taking so long to start, its is not useful to other members of the family.
__________________
Current : Roamio Base with 2TB drive and 2 Premieres, OTA. kmttg, pyTivo, running with a Synology 1511 NAS....serving up the world.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #413
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Is there something I am supposed to be doing to have vidmgr2 save the cache?
There are two strategies to dealing with the cache. All of this is explained in the readme file.

1) You can build the cache ahead of time by just changing to the vidmgr directory and entering "python BuildCache.py". If you do this, it will speed up startup time, but you will be responsible for updating the cache if adding/deleting files, etc. You can rebuild the cache using the above method (I do mine as a cron job) or you can rebuild the cache through the tivo interface by pressing thumbs-down three times in succession. Also, if you prebuild the cache, and then delete a video through the tivo interface or rebuild the cache via the remote control, it will save the cache on exit.

2) You can build the cache dynamically. If vidmgr doe NOT find the cache on startup, this is the method it assumes. In this case, the cache is NEVER saved by the application as it knows it will just rebuild it on the next entry.

It sounds like you want option 1. I'm not sure how to set up the equivalent of a cron job on windows, but you can always force a rebuild with the remote control.

BTW - the current GIT has a bug. If you try to rebuild the cache through the remote control twice, it will fail the second time unless you exit the app first, and then re-enter. I have a fix and will be uploading shortly. I have something else I'm trying to work out first.
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #414
jcthorne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,828
Thanks, I did not get the part where if it built the cache on startup it would not save it. Manually building cache from a command line now.

Do I need to stop vidmgr2 when building the cache each time or will it use the new cache next time it is accessed without a restart?

Building manually from a command line is fine, I can create a shortcut.

Thanks for the help. Looks like I am close to leaving V1 behind and being current revision.

Thinking a bit more about the virtual shares, what I think is needed is some sort of metadata cleanup utility or an extention of MetaGenerator to help. The data is the problem, not vidmgr.
__________________
Current : Roamio Base with 2TB drive and 2 Premieres, OTA. kmttg, pyTivo, running with a Synology 1511 NAS....serving up the world.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #415
dlfl
Cranky old novice
 
dlfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
.............Thinking a bit more about the virtual shares, what I think is needed is some sort of metadata cleanup utility or an extention of MetaGenerator to help. The data is the problem, not vidmgr.
If you double-click on the Genre list in MG3 you can edit it, including deleting items. This won't be useful if you're auto-processing all TV shows in a folder of course. Let's discuss your ideas for the desired "extension" either here or in the MG3 thread (link in signature).
__________________

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith


VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #416
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Do I need to stop vidmgr2 when building the cache each time or will it use the new cache next time it is accessed without a restart?
vidmgr is not a process it is a thread that is only active from the time that you choose it on the tivo menu until you exit either back to live TV or back to the tivo menu. The process that controls vidmgr is pyhme.

When you rebuild the cache, you do NOT need to restart pyhme. You DO, however, need to restart the vidmgr thread by exiting the app and re-entering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Thinking a bit more about the virtual shares, what I think is needed is some sort of metadata cleanup utility or an extention of MetaGenerator to help. The data is the problem, not vidmgr.
I'm glad to hear this. I had an idea in mind and actually started implementing but it quickly became more than I wanted to do. Not the actual algorithm - that was pretty straight-forward - but the amount of parsing I'd have to do to protect myself from the arbitrary text that could be used in the metadata values.

I quickly backed the changes out.
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #417
jcthorne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
If you double-click on the Genre list in MG3 you can edit it, including deleting items. This won't be useful if you're auto-processing all TV shows in a folder of course. Let's discuss your ideas for the desired "extension" either here or in the MG3 thread (link in signature).
I attemted to stir up a conversation over at your MG3 thread for this. Lets see where it leads with your help. Thanks for taking an intrest in this.
__________________
Current : Roamio Base with 2TB drive and 2 Premieres, OTA. kmttg, pyTivo, running with a Synology 1511 NAS....serving up the world.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #418
jcthorne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,828
Thanks to dlfl, I now have a very consice list of 14 genres and they present perfectly in vidmgr as virtual shares. Also created virtual share for movies by actor, by year, by mpaa rating and by star rating.

I also set up a few net shares in pytivo to mesh well with the virtual shares.

And all the funny business with symlinks is gone. YES!

Now we come to a request for jbernardis,

When vidmgr presents the list of pytivo shares and virtual shares, the pytivo shares are listed first, in the order listed in the pytivo.conf file and then the virtual share in the order they are listed in the vidmgr.ini file.

Can you add an option to show this list of share sorted alphabetically so that all my movie shares and television share are displayed together?

Thanks for the great work everyone. This great tivo add on has just become far more useful. Just amazing.
__________________
Current : Roamio Base with 2TB drive and 2 Premieres, OTA. kmttg, pyTivo, running with a Synology 1511 NAS....serving up the world.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #419
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Can you add an option to show this list of share sorted alphabetically so that all my movie shares and television share are displayed together?
Shouldn't be too tough - let me have a look at the code. I owe everyone an update anyway for the fix I mentioned before - I'll try to get this in there too.
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #420
jbernardis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 1,059
The version out on GIT has been updated: version 2.0c. there is a new option: sortroot - set to either true or false, false is the default.

If set to true, then the root directory is sorted with virtual shares AND physical shares together.

If set to false, the physical shares appear first - sorted - followed by the virtual shares - which will also be sorted.


ALso at this time, I fixed the bug where you couldn't build the cache a second time with the remote control.
__________________
2 Series 3
1 HDTivo
1 Series 1 (Lifetime)
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |