TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > DVD TiVo Units (Archive)
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #361
JavaJoe_2

Anybody looking for a Pioneer 57h?
I upgraded to the new Premier, so the Pioneer will have to go.
Any idea on a selling price?
JavaJoe_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #362
shwru980r

Quote:
Originally Posted by coitdeck View Post
I have two Pioneer 810...love them. A year ago I replaced the hard drive on one. Got a new hard drive off of ebay. It said that it would work for a tivo 810
and it did.

Now, I've just ordered a new hard drive for the other one. This time I ordered it directly from a company that carries the same Maxtor hard drive.

BUT! I'm now wondering if the drive needs to be formatted or something...when I install it.

Help!

Thanks

Bob
You will need to copy the Tivo image for the pioneer 810 unit to the new hard drive. You should be able to copy the image from the drive in your first tivo or the existing drive in the second tivo to the new drive.

Premiere-$99 Lifetime-OTA
HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA
shwru980r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #363
shwru980r

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJoe_2 View Post
Anybody looking for a Pioneer 57h?
I upgraded to the new Premier, so the Pioneer will have to go.
Any idea on a selling price?
This one recently sold on ebay for $150.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-57-H-DVD...#ht_500wt_1156

HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA
Old 03-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #364
JavaJoe_2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwru980r View Post
This one recently sold on ebay for $150.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-57-H-DVD...#ht_500wt_1156

None of those eBay auctions state whether the unit has basic (3 day) TiVo or plus (14 day) like mine.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #365
shwru980r

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJoe_2 View Post
None of those eBay auctions state whether the unit has basic (3 day) TiVo or plus (14 day) like mine.
I understand the difference, but most people don't know the difference between Tivo basic and Tivo plus. You need to spell out the difference in the item listing. Also indicate that this is a Pioneer Elite product, as that will attract bidders. You might do better listing it on Amazon and waiting several months for the right buyer to come along.

HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA
Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #366
ALSaul_2000

Pioneer DVR-810H Hard Drive upgrade

I am having problems upgrading my Hard Drive to a Western Digital 500GB. I have seen similar questions posted here, but did not find a solution [though I may have missed it]. l have tried both IDE and SATA Drives - imaged from the original [and still working] Samsung Hard Drive. I have used the SATA Bridge bought from Weaknees, as well as a SYBA SY-IDE-SATAHD IDE to SATA Device Adapter, which appears to work on other TiVO's. I know Western Digital's Master/Single/Slave jumper settings are different from most other manufactures, and have tried all possible combinations - to no avail.

My frustration is increasing as my patience is decreasing. I would truly appreciate any insight anyone can provide.

Thanks for the help
ALSaul_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #367
ALSaul_2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cftrunt View Post
Has anyone been able to upgrade a 810H-S to 1TB drive using a SATA/IDE adapter?
Did you ever get an answer to your question? Because I have the same one -
ALSaul_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #368
brainwave89

Making an image of my DVR-810H

I quite enjoy my DVR-810H and the fact that it has lasted this long is a blessing. One day I know my hard drive will go to sleep.
How can I create an image of it while it is still living?

I'm just planning for the worst.

Thanks for looking and I love this community and thread.
brainwave89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #369
robomeister
DVD TiVo Expert

brainwave89,

It's really easy to make a backup of your Tivo drive, if you aren't afraid of opening up your Tivo and removing the drive.

Check out mfslive.org. They have two products that will let you a backup your drives. My favorite is WinMFS, because it is much easier to use. You don't have to be a Linux expert.

If you're aren't afraid of Linux, then you can use the MFSLive Boot CD. This will make backups as well.

But with either software product, you'll have to remove the hard drive from the Tivo and attach it to a computer.

Good luck,
robomeister

P.S. Or you could just ask me for a backup image.
1+ Pioneer DVR-57H
1+ Toshiba RS-TX20
1+ Humax DRT400
1 Humax DRT800
Most with Lifetime and upgraded drives
All Series 2s with Linksys USB200M
robomeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #370
jc6b

Hi www.tivocommunity.com

blog-engineering com/blog/filmfestivals/2011/05/11/how-to-keep-your-wordpress-blog-focused-on-seo/ ]Source: I just love this blog here's a little payback (offtopic maybe but funny!)<br><br>If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
jc6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #371
JavaJoe_2

I recently upgraded my Pioneer Elite 57H to a 1T hd. I also was having problems using the Weaknee's adapter. I think you may need to remove the jumper on the adapter itself, so it's then a slave?? My old computer wouldn't let WinMFS work, using usb cables, so I had to use the IDE cables internally. I tried several attempts both with win and live, and then was able to get MFSLive to work. I think it has like 1200 plus hours of recording.
Are you getting mfslive to boot. PowerISO worked great for me and it was a free download from cnet. 30 days trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSaul_2000 View Post
I am having problems upgrading my Hard Drive to a Western Digital 500GB. I have seen similar questions posted here, but did not find a solution [though I may have missed it]. l have tried both IDE and SATA Drives - imaged from the original [and still working] Samsung Hard Drive. I have used the SATA Bridge bought from Weaknees, as well as a SYBA SY-IDE-SATAHD IDE to SATA Device Adapter, which appears to work on other TiVO's. I know Western Digital's Master/Single/Slave jumper settings are different from most other manufactures, and have tried all possible combinations - to no avail.

My frustration is increasing as my patience is decreasing. I would truly appreciate any insight anyone can provide.

Thanks for the help

Old 08-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #372
joelames

Considering buying a Pioneer Elite DVR 57-H with a 250 gig hd for $125 from someone, works perfect, great condition. Any words of advice? Is this a reasonable price, would I be better off looking at something newer? A little hesitant buying something this old but for that price I probably can't go too wrong. Any advice is appreciated, I am a novice at this type of stuff, never had tivo myself, or a dvd burner outside of my old Dell which was awhile ago. Thanks!
joelames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #373
shwru980r

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelames View Post
Considering buying a Pioneer Elite DVR 57-H with a 250 gig hd for $125 from someone, works perfect, great condition. Any words of advice? Is this a reasonable price, would I be better off looking at something newer? A little hesitant buying something this old but for that price I probably can't go too wrong. Any advice is appreciated, I am a novice at this type of stuff, never had tivo myself, or a dvd burner outside of my old Dell which was awhile ago. Thanks!
If it has lifetime service, then it's a reasonable price.

HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA
Old 08-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #374
deerhunter1

considering Pioneer 57H

I bought mine new when they were first introduced. It has worked well for me. Outlasted two other simpler units I bought second hand that weren't as old. I have long wished for Tivo to grandfather these into the lifetime service fold of "standard" in lieu of the "basic" that comes with them...only a dream I guess as they never seem to ante up!

It's a decent unit and that's a good price for it. Good luck.
deerhunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #375
happylily

i also meet this problem
happylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #376
wtherrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadydutt View Post
Pinworm Medicine Rx Verses Overcounter thinkskynet com/]zolpidem online Common side effects include but are not limited to nausea, vomiting, altered thought patterns, decreased libido, increased appetite, impaired judgment, hallucinations, and even amnesia thinkskynet com/ - buy zolpidem

Moderators: Can you ban this poster?
wtherrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #377
cftrunt

Using 810H Serial Port to Change Channels on D12-700

I have a Pioneer 810H-S with lifetime TiVo. I had been using a DTV STB manufactured by RCA but have reluctantnly changed to a DTV D12-700. The RAC box had a 9 pin serial port that I could connet directly to the 3.5mm serial data port on the 810H with the cable provided with the 810H. The D12-700 does not have a 9 pin serial port but it does have a USB port that techs use to service the unit. That said, has anyeone been sucessful in using the D12-700 USB port to receive signals from the 810 and change channels?
cftrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #378
robomeister
DVD TiVo Expert

I have not heard of anyone doing this. But the Pioneer TiVos are Series2 Tivos, so if someone has done it on a non-DVD TiVo, it should work on the Pioneer.

good luck,

robomeister
1+ Pioneer DVR-57H
1+ Toshiba RS-TX20
1+ Humax DRT400
1 Humax DRT800
Most with Lifetime and upgraded drives
All Series 2s with Linksys USB200M
robomeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #379
Beachbum55

I've got an old Pioneer 810-H in a spare bedroom that has been spinning away and working fine since the dark ages.

Recently, there has been no onscreen programing available. The unit connects to the Tivo service, the system information validates that the unit has connected, but the box has no programing information and I get a message saying that it hasn't connected for 30 days.

I called Tivo support a couple of times and they suggested that I go through the guided set-up and "trick" the box using a different zip code, then go back and change my zip code back to my actual zip code. Tried to go through the guided set-up today and the unit restarted. Maybe it finally gave up the ghost?
Old 11-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #380
shwru980r

The hard drive probably needs to be replaced. Check the forums for how to do it yourself or where to buy one.

HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA