TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
lpskip

Time Warner Cable Card Helpline

I had hoped to swap the cable card from my HD TIVO to my TiVO premier seamlessly, but no such luck. I got the grey screen with Host ID and DATA ID and a number from Time Warner to call for activation. Unfortunately the helpline folks were uneducated about the cable card. I tried three times hoping to get a person who knew what they were doing but they basically read to me from the website and eventually told me I needed a technician appointment. I took the appointment even though I knew it was unnecessary.

Then I did my own digging on the TWC website and found that there is a dedicated help number for cable cards. It is open 8-5 eastern time and the folks who answer the phone only deal with cable cards. Maybe the phone number on my cable card was old because it was from a previous tivo, but for anyone else in the same position, use this number for Time Warner Cable Cards: 1-866-606-5889. You'll save yourself a lot of frustration!

I'm gonna go cancel my tech appt.
lpskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

The cable card help desk is open much later than that. If you call in, when your rep answers, just ask to be transfered to the cable card help desk. Ive talked to people there at midnight EST before.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote