Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #151
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
On unrelated note I found this type of comprehensive grid search really loads the TiVo CPU to the point it becomes pretty sluggish while such a search is happening.
Would scheduling the search during off hours be possible?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #152
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Would scheduling the search during off hours be possible?
I released a new version of kmttg today with Season Premieres search included. It's up to user when to run it as you need to setup the search and click on Search button to start it. Personally I limit my searches to about 8 channels which takes ~ 3.5 minutes to complete. My Premiere does become sluggish during the search and video playback even breaks up a little at times. The search is very comprehensive as it looks at every show in the guide 12 days ahead for each channel included in the search.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

Last edited by moyekj : 07-17-2011 at 10:19 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #153
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
This has really got me stumped.

I've found that any reprioritization done through the RPC interface moves the first effected subscriptionId to a priority of 2500 (in my case). Setting a priority value in the request itself appears to have zero effect (at least none that I could observe). The order specified in subscriptionId= is the order of the new priorities, again, starting at 2500 (for me). Based on those observations, I culled all of the subscriptionId values, and placed them into the request, altering the order slightly. The result was the expected order, starting with priority 2500, and running sequentially and consecutively through 2558. OK, no big deal.

The next thing I tried was to specify only 3 subscriptionId values. These were placed at or near the top of the list, and shared the same priority values with the original top 3 of the list. So I had (2) 2500 values, (2) 2501 values, and (2) 2502 values. Well huh. I used my YATR to rearrange the Season Passes back to their original order through the Premiere's GUI. When I rechecked, the priorities reset back to their original values, starting at 2471, and running through 2529!

I noticed in arantius' samples, the priorities were 5008, 5013, and 2502. I'm just wondering if 2500 is some kind of magic number.
Looking at this again, I think the key then is you must always run the "subscriptionsReprioritize" with JSONArray of all the season pass subscriptionId values, in the order that you want them. Not sure if the "priority" number is even necessary when running the command.

Sort of related, I was looking into how to update existing Season Passes, for example changing number to keep from 10 to 25 or other season pass related properties. AFAICT there is no way to modify an existing SP other than deleting it and adding another one. In order to do that and keep the relative priority to other SPs the "subscriptionsReprioritize" needs to be nailed down to make sure it works as expected.

So I think complete control over SP list is possible. Currently via kmttg one can delete SPs and add new ones with lowest priority (bottom of list). Should be possible to allow re-ordering and updating of individual SP properites as well, but I'm just weary of doing further experimentation beyond that since I don't want to screw things up on either of my Premieres.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:26 AM   #154
moyekj

FYI, I confirmed tonight that "subscriptionsReprioritize" just needs the full JSON array of subscriptionId's in the order you want them. "priority" parameter is useless/unused. I have a GUI in place in kmttg to change SP order and tested moving a couple of season passes around 5 times and it worked every time. Seems to work a lot more reliably than when I tried a few months ago using tivo.com interface.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #155
innocentfreak

Very cool, I found the iPad app is much more effective at moving them than using the website. On the website I constantly got errors or the changes didn't go through.

I would rather move them on the PC though since I usually have the other info in front of me to help me avoid conflicts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #156
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Very cool, I found the iPad app is much more effective at moving them than using the website. On the website I constantly got errors or the changes didn't go through.

I would rather move them on the PC though since I usually have the other info in front of me to help me avoid conflicts.
Yes it's pretty nice that I can now search for series premieres, setup season passes and update the priority of those season passes all from a remote location away from home and without touching my TiVos. Just now scheduled 2 upcoming new show premieres that way.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #157
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Now why can't the official TiVo app for iOS do the same? It only lets me manipulate SP's when on my own LAN. They should leverage the functionality of their own web site for this. For mobile users this all ends up feeling like a fractured experience...

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #158
puffdaddy

Quote:
Yes it's pretty nice that I can now search for series premieres, setup season passes and update the priority of those season passes all from a remote location away from home and without touching my TiVos. Just now scheduled 2 upcoming new show premieres that way.
Quite cool. Replaces the lost functionality of the old TivoWebPlus season pass backup/restore. Kudos on taking what was just a tivoapp string and getting it to a useful feature!
puffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #159
johnd01

Are there other TivoWebPlus features that can be done with this API
4TB Tivo desk top
johnd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #160
reneg

Here's something that I'd like to see, but I'm not quite sure if it's doable yet with what is known about the MindRPC protocol. I'd like to watch a show on the Tivo and have it use a videoredo .vprj file to automatically skip commercials. Of course this would only work for shows which were transferred off the Tivo but I think it would be cool to have this capability and not have to transfer edited shows back to the Tivo.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #161
arantius

I've relased my Android app based on this work. See its thread: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb....php?p=8658448

Posting here because the MindRPC related code may be of special interest:
https://github.com/arantius/TiVo-Com...ocommander/rpc
arantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 AM   #162
tomhorsley

Hey! Can this get to the cable card ID numbers? It would be nice if you could cut & paste them somehow into a web interface the cable companies may have someday to avoid typos in number entry.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #163
arantius

I'm probably wrapping up the last work I will/will need to do on the MindRPC format. The document I wrote on it is probably not 100% up to date, but generally accurate when data is there: https://docs.google.com/document/pub...VzmzybZ4u8yDE8

Also, I've got a final set of captured data, hosted in many places to hopefully keep it available until (if?) anybody ever wants it:This time, about 4800 requests & responses (including the 900 from my earlier archive). And I think something covering every feature of the (version 1.2) iPad app in there somewhere.

The last thing I plan on doing is playing with the newest version of the iPad app (1.5) and seeing if there are new features to be found.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #164
moyekj

I just noticed when trying to load a Season Pass I had previously saved to disk that the TiVo won't actually accept it unless the "collectionId" string that is part of "idSetSource" JSON is currently part of guide listings in the destination TiVo. Trying to schedule it yields:
RPC error response: Unknown collection.

So what I thought was true Season Pass backups is not really the case since you can only load Season Passes for shows currently in guide listings. If someone can figure out how to schedule a Season Pass for a show not currently in guide listings I'd love to hear about it. One such show is USA channel "Covert Affairs". I verified doing a search it's not currently in guide listings which is why it's failing.

P.S. I did try scheduling with "collectionId" field removed from "idSetSource" but that failed.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #165
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj
I just noticed when trying to load a Season Pass I had previously saved to disk that the TiVo won't actually accept it unless the "collectionId" string that is part of "idSetSource" JSON is currently part of guide listings in the destination TiVo. Trying to schedule it yields:
RPC error response: Unknown collection.

So what I thought was true Season Pass backups is not really the case since you can only load Season Passes for shows currently in guide listings. If someone can figure out how to schedule a Season Pass for a show not currently in guide listings I'd love to hear about it. One such show is USA channel "Covert Affairs". I verified doing a search it's not currently in guide listings which is why it's failing.

P.S. I did try scheduling with "collectionId" field removed from "idSetSource" but that failed.
The TiVo iPad app itself will only allow scheduling Season Passes (SP) for shows airing in the next 2 weeks (i.e. guide data). That's also true for the Season Pass Manager (SPM) web site. The only method that allows scheduling SPs without the show being in guide data is copying via the SPM and only when both TiVos have the same channel lineup.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #166
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
The TiVo iPad app itself will only allow scheduling Season Passes (SP) for shows airing in the next 2 weeks (i.e. guide data). That's also true for the Season Pass Manager (SPM) web site. The only method that allows scheduling SPs without the show being in guide data is copying via the SPM and only when both TiVos have the same channel lineup.
Thanks for the info. Since the web site can do it then it means it should be possible, but perhaps not via RPC protocol. Currently the "copy" is really scheduling a new Season Pass which is why collectionId is needed. Ideally there would be a true "copy" operation that does not check against guide data.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #167
arantius

Quote:
Originally Posted by arantius View Post
The last thing I plan on doing is playing with the newest version of the iPad app (1.5) and seeing if there are new features to be found.
Something about its (iPad app version 1.5) discovery mechanism is different. I used to forge an appropriate mDNS response to get the app to consider my proxy a real TiVo, but that doesn't work anymore. Couldn't notice any new features in the app though, so I'm not super worried.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #168
jautor
Also wants a pony

Sorry to revive the old thread, hopefully some of the folks that dove deep into the data are still listening and can answer easily...

I'd like to use this interface to retrieve simple info about what is currently showing (channel, program title, duration, etc.) for use in a 2-way remote control layout. I looked though the first batch of request/responses, but didn't see it. Any pointers?

Thanks,

Jeff
jautor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #169
arantius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post
I'd like to use this interface to retrieve simple info about what is currently showing (channel, program title, duration, etc.) for use in a 2-way remote control layout. I looked though the first batch of request/responses, but didn't see it. Any pointers?
Everything I know is written in the doc linked earlier. Sounds like you're interested in tunerStateEventRegister and/or videoPlaybackInfoEventRegister. Might need to dig into the traced requests/responses to find what happens after you call those.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #170
moyekj

For those that want to investigate this some more with the Spring software update the remote2.py python script needs to be updated to use the new client side PKCS12 certificate & password in order for authentication to work. Example java code for doing it can be found here (createSocketFactory method):
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/sourc...pc/Remote.java

If you unzip the official TiVo Android apk file there are some interesting files under there such as a whole description of the MindRPC schema:
com\tivo\trio\schema\schema.conf

All the functions reverse engineered here so far are in there plus many, many more. Looks like many of the those don't actually work through this interface though but there's likely some hidden gems in there that do work.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #171
swythan

Big Grin

Thanks so much for that moyekj. I was most of the way through writing a Windows Phone app in January when Virgin Media (in the UK) updated their TiVos and blocked the connection.

Your latest version of kmttg works great, and I just got my WP7 app working again, too.
swythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #172
innocentfreak

So what are the chances someone might be successful with discovering the updated functionality via the Stream?

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #173
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
So what are the chances someone might be successful with discovering the updated functionality via the Stream?
Once the Android software is updated to support the Stream that may reveal something as it's much easier to reverse engineer Android java based software (which is how I cracked the PKCS12 certificate & password issue).

Old 09-07-2012, 03:23 AM   #174
swythan

Incidentally: Virgin Media in the UK updated their TiVo firmware a couple of weeks ago and I can't connect anymore. Given what happened last time (when the need for the client cert was added) I'd expect a similar update to be headed your way (i.e. to the US) in the next few months.

Basically, I can still make the TCP connection and get through the TLS auth phase (which is good!), but get a "not authorised" / "routing error" response to the bodyAuthenticate message (with the correct MAK, of course).

From memory, I think the response was this one:
Code:
{
    "code": "routingError", 
    "text": "The active partner ID does not have access to the operation.",
    "type": "error"
}
I don't expect anyone to be able to work out what needs changing until an updated iOS/Android app comes out. Once that's available I might be on here looking for some guidance!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #175
Dan203
Super Moderator

I was playing with the Stream's system info page yesterday and according to it the video uses encrypted HLS. Not sure if that piece of info is useful to anyone, but someone suggested I post it here for you guys just in case.

Also if you go to the page...

http://<stream ip>:49152/sysinfo

it has some javascript code that calls commands on the stream. Maybe that would help decipher how to communicate with it.

Dan
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #176
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I was playing with the Stream's system info page yesterday and according to it the video uses encrypted HLS.
Interesting

Protecting Videos on iOS Devices with HLS Encryption
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #177
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by swythan View Post
Incidentally: Virgin Media in the UK updated their TiVo firmware a couple of weeks ago and I can't connect anymore. Given what happened last time (when the need for the client cert was added) I'd expect a similar update to be headed your way (i.e. to the US) in the next few months.

Basically, I can still make the TCP connection and get through the TLS auth phase (which is good!), but get a "not authorised" / "routing error" response to the bodyAuthenticate message (with the correct MAK, of course).

From memory, I think the response was this one:
Code:
{
    "code": "routingError", 
    "text": "The active partner ID does not have access to the operation.",
    "type": "error"
}
I don't expect anyone to be able to work out what needs changing until an updated iOS/Android app comes out. Once that's available I might be on here looking for some guidance!
There are many commands that return "The active partner ID does not have access to the operation." messages due to apparently insufficient authorization.

Download the android apk file and unzip it.
Then take a look at:
com/tivo/trio/schema/security.schema

Note that up to this point we've always called "bodyAuthenticate" using type=makCredential, but as you can see in security.schema there are several other credentials that can be used besides "makCredential". For example "temporaryKeyCredential" looks to be interesting. Looks like you can generate a credential using "temporaryKeyCredentialGenerate" and then call "bodyAuthenticate" using that credential. Obviously you would then change type=makCredential to type=temporaryKeyCredential in the bodyAuthenticate json.

I would guess that makCredential is giving us a limited set of operations with which to work and perhaps signing in with different credentials will give us access to a lot more of the operations found in schema.conf. For your situation it may provide an alternate way of getting bodyAuthenticate to work again.

I haven't tried the above yet and too busy with my real job lately to try digging in more, but seems like it's something worth exploring if you have some time.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #178
swythan

Quote:
Note that up to this point we've always called "bodyAuthenticate" using type=makCredential, but as you can see in security.schema there are several other credentials that can be used besides "makCredential". For example "temporaryKeyCredential" looks to be interesting. Looks like you can generate a credential using "temporaryKeyCredentialGenerate" and then call "bodyAuthenticate" using that credential. Obviously you would then change type=makCredential to type=temporaryKeyCredential in the bodyAuthenticate json.

I would guess that makCredential is giving us a limited set of operations with which to work and perhaps signing in with different credentials will give us access to a lot more of the operations found in schema.conf. For your situation it may provide an alternate way of getting bodyAuthenticate to work again.
Interesting. I'll definitely take a look at that when I get some time.

Virgin seem to be about to (finally) launch their own iPad app, so I'm guessing that some changes were made to support that (apparently it won't need a direct network connection). I do know the US iPad app currently won't connect to the UK TiVo, so I was expecting to have to wait for new apps to come from TiVo before finding out what had changed.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #179
moyekj

I played with it a little this morning but didn't really get anywhere:
temporaryKeyCredentialGenerate returns the frustrating "The active partner ID does not have access to the operation." message.
Tried bodyAuthenticate using mmaCredential (with my tivo.com username & password) but TiVo did not like that json and only seems to accept type=makCredential.

It could well that this interface to the "mind" is intentionally limited such that you can't do anything beyond what the current official applications can do.
You'll probably have to wait for the Virgin apps as you mentioned to try reverse engineering what is being done. To me the iOS app is useless as I don't know how to reverse engineer anything there. The Android one to me is a lot easier to reverse engineer.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #180
Sam Ray

Quote:
What I would really like is a means to access the Recording History, specifically for items that will *NOT* record. As it is now one has to wade through a huge list of useless reasons on the TiVo itself (usually firstRun or 28 day rule) why something will not record to find 1 or 2 that won't record because of tuner conflicts.
I think that is definitely something that Tivo could and should do but if not then someone should. That is, the ability to filter out the lines that are abundant but seldom of interest to see just the exceptions.
Sam Ray is offline   Reply With Quote