TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #3181
moyekj

Wiki on Auto Transfers amended.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #3182
rayik

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Wiki on Auto Transfers amended.
Thank you. Like the all caps to make sure it is seen. That should help anyone else who encounters this.

Your program is very nice. I really like the integration with VideoReDo. I have literally spend years downloading from the tivo, manually running tivodecode and then manually starting VRD adscan. Your program does automatic downloads and integrates all those activites. Very nice. Thank you.
rayik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #3183
cburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Set the Service to run under your credentials.

Start > Run > Services.msc > right-click the kmttg service > Properties > Log On tab > select "This Account" instead of "Local System Account" > provide your username and password > click OK.

I have both kmttg and pyTivo setup to run under my account, and use UNC paths extensively. Well, not so much for kmttg, but in a lot of other areas.
I tried this and it still goes to my default folder though it works in gui mode.
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #3184
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
I tried this and it still goes to my default folder though it works in gui mode.
Did you try using the UNC path (\\servername\sharename)? I'm wondering if Java sees the mapped drive and expects an actual local fixed disk instead of a network drive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #3185
cburbs

Quote:
Did you try using the UNC path (\\servername\sharename)? I'm wondering if Java sees the mapped drive and expects an actual local fixed disk instead of a network drive.
Yes - with exact upper/lower case as well. Would it not like dashes as my server name is \\name-server
Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #3186
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
Yes - with exact upper/lower case as well. Would it not like dashes as my server name is \\name-server
Dashes shouldn't be an issue, nor case. My computers are named: D610-Laptop, DL380-Server and Sy-6BA-100, either after the model or motherboard.

ETA: Here's a portion of my config.ini, which uses a UNC path for mpegCutDir:
Code:
<outputDir>
F:\FromTivo

<mpegDir>

<mpegCutDir>
\\Dl380-server\ToTivo\Cut Programs

<encodeDir>

Old 06-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #3187
cburbs

I am running win7 64bit if that makes any difference as well.

I think I may have it working now. I had to change the rights on the kmttg folder to full for my userid.

Last edited by cburbs : 06-10-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #3188
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Edited to Add: Ha! Missed your edit! I could have save a bit of typing!

Firstly, what do the kmttg logs look like when it comes to the Encode job?

I don't think it matter much at this point, but I found a way to test "Local System" permissions by using Task Scheduler and the Windows "AT" command. From a command prompt:

Code:
DIR "\\<your encodeDir>"

ECHO %TIME%

AT <future time> /INTERACTIVE CMD.EXE /K DIR "\\<your encodeDir>"
The first command simply verifies that you do have access to the UNC path, and displays the files in that directory.

The second command displays the current time, in military format (1pm = 13:00), including hours, minutes, seconds and milliseconds.

The third command schedules in Task Scheduler the CMD.EXE program, which will open a new command window because of the /INTERACTIVE option, and issue the command 'DIR "\\<your encodeDir>"' in a new command window, at the <future time> you specify (hour and minutes only; no need for seconds or milliseconds). After the DIR command is issued, the new window will stay open because of the /K option, and will remain open until you type EXIT.

Because the AT command doesn't provide a way to specify a user ID, the task runs under the Local System account, the same account typically used for Services.

Here's the soup-to-nuts result using an example UNC path from my laptop:
Code:
Fri 06/10
11:33:32=>dir "\\sy-6ba-100\Disk2\source\Exes\Pyhon"
 Volume in drive \\sy-6ba-100\Disk2 is Disk2
 Volume Serial Number is CC59-96EC

Directory of \\sy-6ba-100\Disk2\source\Exes\Pyhon

06/07/2011  07:42 PM    <DIR>          .
06/07/2011  07:42 PM    <DIR>          ..
05/20/2010  10:51 AM         6,438,204 pywin32-214.win32-py2.6.exe
06/07/2011  08:08 AM           223,875 setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.3.exe
06/07/2011  08:09 AM           227,960 setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.4.exe
06/07/2011  08:09 AM           227,938 setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.5.exe
06/07/2011  08:09 AM           227,935 setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.6.exe
06/07/2011  08:09 AM           227,956 setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.7.exe
               6 File(s)      7,573,868 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  1,441,137,491,968 bytes free

Fri 06/10
11:40:26=>echo %time%
11:40:32.11

Fri 06/10
11:40:32=>at 11:41 /interactive cmd.exe /k dir "\\sy-6ba-100\Disk2\source\Exes\Pyhon"
Added a new job with job ID = 2
And the results from the AT command, in a new window:
Code:
 Volume in drive \\sy-6ba-100\Disk2 is Disk2
 Volume Serial Number is CC59-96EC

Directory of \\sy-6ba-100\Disk2\source\Exes\Pyhon

06/07/2011  07:42 PM    <DIR>          .
06/07/2011  07:42 PM    <DIR>          ..
05/20/2010  10:51 AM         6,438,204 pywin32-214.win32-py2.6.exe
06/07/2011  08:08 AM           223,875 setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.3.exe
06/07/2011  08:09 AM           227,960 setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.4.exe
06/07/2011  08:09 AM           227,938 setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.5.exe
06/07/2011  08:09 AM           227,935 setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.6.exe
06/07/2011  08:09 AM           227,956 setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.7.exe
               6 File(s)      7,573,868 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  1,441,137,491,968 bytes free

C:\WINDOWS\system32>
Windows 7 may give you an "Access Denied" message, and/or error code 0x00000005. And yes, I know I spelled the name of the "Python" directory wrong! :P

Old 06-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #3189
lrhorer

Hey moyekj,

There seems to be a small log issue with kmttg. When I select a moderately long list of videos to delete, I often get the following message repeated some number of times:

TWP Delete: connection failed: http://192.168.1.103:8080/confirm/del/3423876
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

It seems to be an invalid error report, since I have never noticed any actual failed deletes.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #3190
moyekj

v0p8a version just released

Many new enhancements for Premiere owners thanks to some reverse engineering of the iPad protocol by TCF member 'arantius' (see thread) which allows communicating with TiVo Premiere units using the iPad protocol without needing an iPad, which opens the door to a lot of information which can now be obtained from Premiere units. This release includes a new kmttg Remote Control that implements some new capabilities including ability to backup Premiere Season Passes. See the release_notes Wiki for details. Also see the new remote_control Wiki page for details on the new Remote Control.

NOTE: This version contains a lot of changes compared to previous version, so may not be as stable. Also since the iPad protocol reverse engineering is still ongoing there are many developments to unlock and the stability implications of using it with your Premieres is unknown. Aside from my own testing there has been little additional testing by 'orangeboy', but this is largely untested to any great degree.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #3191
lrhorer

Does the kmttg program exercise any control over the metafile when it transfer from the TiVo? There are several annoying little issues with the .txt files that are being transferred. See below. All of the proper nouns are specified as <lastname>|<firstname>, rather than <firstname> <lastname>. This makes them hard to read, especially when utilized with something like vidmgr for HME for Python. Secondly, the movies are all showing up with isEpisode set to true, which is incorrect, and causes them to display incorrectly in pyTivo and vidmgr. I've written a script that modifies these issues, but due to several file relationships, it must be run manually, not automatically, after every batch of files is transferred and processed.

Code:
RAID-Server:/RAID/Server-Main/Movies/TiVo_Metafile# cat "The Pelican Brief (Recorded Sun Jun 26, 2011, BIOHD).mpg.txt" 
title : The Pelican Brief
seriesTitle : The Pelican Brief
description : A Washington reporter helps an on-the-run law student who knows too much about a government cover-up. From the John Grisham book. 
time : 2011-06-26T13:00:00Z
mpaaRating : P3
movieYear : 1993
isEpisode : true
isEpisodic : false
showingBits : 4097
starRating : x5
tvRating : x4
displayMajorNumber : 175
callsign : BIOHD
vActor : Roberts|Julia
vActor : Washington|Denzel
vActor : Shepard|Sam
vActor : Heard|John
vActor : Goldwyn|Tony
vActor : Sikking|James B.
vActor : Atherton|William
vActor : Culp|Robert
vActor : Tucci|Stanley
vActor : Cronyn|Hume
vActor : Lithgow|John
vActor : Heald|Anthony
vActor : Nixon|Cynthia
vActor : Weber|Jake
vDirector : Pakula|Alan J.
vProducer : Pakula|Alan J.
vProducer : Brugge|Pieter Jan
vProgramGenre : Suspense
vSeriesGenre : Suspense
vSeriesGenre : Movies
vSeriesGenre : Mystery and Suspense
vAdvisory : LANGUAGE
vAdvisory : VIOLENCE
vAdvisory : ADULT_SITUATIONS
vWriter : Pakula|Alan J.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #3192
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
Does the kmttg program exercise any control over the metafile when it transfer from the TiVo? There are several annoying little issues with the .txt files that are being transferred. See below. All of the proper nouns are specified as <lastname>|<firstname>, rather than <firstname> <lastname>. This makes them hard to read, especially when utilized with something like vidmgr for HME for Python. Secondly, the movies are all showing up with isEpisode set to true, which is incorrect, and causes them to display incorrectly in pyTivo and vidmgr. I've written a script that modifies these issues, but due to several file relationships, it must be run manually, not automatically, after every batch of files is transferred and processed.
Yes there is quite a bit of control on the format. The lastname|firstname convention is just following the pyTivo metadata conventions and is how .TiVo file stores them. Looking at the code for isEpisode I notice this commented out section of code - i.e. at some point I was overriding the apparently incorrect setting of isEpisode, but at some point it got commented out, probably because someone else complained. (There was a period of time when someone in particular was really taking the metadata file seriously and many changes were made):
Code:
         // Not sure why I had isEpisodic override isEpisode, commenting out for now
         //if ( data.containsKey("isEpisodic") )
         //   data.put("isEpisode", data.get("isEpisodic"));
Sounds like maybe it shouldn't be commented out... In latest SVN that code is now uncommented again.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #3193
moyekj

v0p8b version released

There was an issue with playback of a show from Now Playing List using space bar with previous release which is now fixed. The above mentioned fix for isEpisode is also included in this release.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #3194
innocentfreak

Cool I will try this when I get home. I couldn't get the will not record listing to load for either TiVo when I tried last night but it was late so I didn't really mess with it.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #3195
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Cool I will try this when I get home. I couldn't get the will not record listing to load for either TiVo when I tried last night but it was late so I didn't really mess with it.
I currently have a 2 minute read timeout set on the connection, so if it takes longer than that you will get a timeout message. This operation takes the longest to complete by far compared to the others. If you are getting a timeout let me know - I may have to bump up the timeout to say 5 minutes or so... (Note that default for socket connection is no read timeout, but I like to have a reasonable timeout of some sort so as not to hang the connection).

Old 06-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #3196
innocentfreak

Quote:
I currently have a 2 minute read timeout set on the connection, so if it takes longer than that you will get a timeout message. This operation takes the longest to complete by far compared to the others. If you are getting a timeout let me know - I may have to bump up the timeout to say 5 minutes or so... (Note that default for socket connection is no read timeout, but I like to have a reasonable timeout of some sort so as not to hang the connection).
The weird thing is I am net getting any error message. The page just doesn't show anything on for either TiVo.

>> RUNNING 'REMOTE Will Not Record List' JOB FOR TiVo: Bedroom XL
REMOTE job completed: 0:01:45
---DONE--- job='REMOTE Will Not Record List' TiVo=Bedroom XL

I checked my To Do list and I have a bunch of shows marked Won't Record so I can't imagine on both TiVos it is filtering all of the results.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #3197
moyekj

Quote:
The weird thing is I am net getting any error message. The page just doesn't show anything on for either TiVo.

>> RUNNING 'REMOTE Will Not Record List' JOB FOR TiVo: Bedroom XL
REMOTE job completed: 0:01:45
---DONE--- job='REMOTE Will Not Record List' TiVo=Bedroom XL

I checked my To Do list and I have a bunch of shows marked Won't Record so I can't imagine on both TiVos it is filtering all of the results.
Are the other tabs working such as "ToDo" tab and the "Season Passes" tab? I am assuming they do so it's not a fundamental communications problem. If it is only the "Will Not Record" list that's not working perhaps the amount of data to be returned is too great in your case which is causing issues. As a comparison the longer case for my Premieres executes in just over 1 minute pretty consistently, so I probably have about half the data you have.
Of course I'm only able to test with my TiVos. If that's the case I'll have to PM you with some things to try out for debugging.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #3198
innocentfreak

Quote:
Are the other tabs working such as "ToDo" tab and the "Season Passes" tab? I am assuming they do so it's not a fundamental communications problem. If it is only the "Will Not Record" list that's not working perhaps the amount of data to be returned is too great in your case which is causing issues. As a comparison the longer case for my Premieres executes in just over 1 minute pretty consistently, so I probably have about half the data you have.
Of course I'm only able to test with my TiVos. If that's the case I'll have to PM you with some things to try out for debugging.
Yeah the other fields work. I saved my season passes last night and was able to view my to do list.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #3199
lrhorer

Quote:
Yes there is quite a bit of control on the format. The lastname|firstname convention is just following the pyTivo metadata conventions and is how .TiVo file stores them.
Yeah, it's obviously not designed for human consumption. Humans like whitespace. It's not quite as bad when reading the one entry per line format, although even that is a little busy, but when strung out in the CSV format used by vidmgr, it really looks like ass. 'Hard to read. Certain diacritical markings and accents like the grave also throw the system for loops.

Quote:
Looking at the code for isEpisode I notice this commented out section of code - i.e. at some point I was overriding the apparently incorrect setting of isEpisode, but at some point it got commented out, probably because someone else complained. (There was a period of time when someone in particular was really taking the metadata file seriously and many changes were made). Sounds like maybe it shouldn't be commented out...
Yeah, I think not.

Did you get a chance to look at the small log error that pops up when deleting multiple videos? If not, it's not a major priority.

Last edited by lrhorer : 06-27-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #3200
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
Did you get a chance to look at the small log error that pops up when deleting multiple videos? If not, it's not a major priority.
It's hard to debug something I can't run myself - I don't have hacked TiVo with TWP to experiment with. I'd say if the deletes are still working then I guess it's not a big deal...

Old 06-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #3201
moyekj

Quote:
Yeah the other fields work. I saved my season passes last night and was able to view my to do list.
Sending you PM.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #3202
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Did you leave out the fact that Series 3/HD/XL also have the network remote control feature, minus the remote delete.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #3203
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Did you leave out the fact that Series 3/HD/XL also have the network remote control feature, minus the remote delete.
I think that's the Crestron (telnet) interface you may be thinking of. That's a different and much less capable protocol. This new RPC protocol doesn't work for Series 3 TiVos - at least it didn't for my S3.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #3204
moyekj

v0p8c released

v0p8c just released with a couple of fixes related to the new iPad Remote Control related additions. Consult release_notes for details. Hopefully means the "Will Not Record" retrieval works for everyone now.

Thanks 'innocentfreak' for help testing.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #3205
huntaar

Thumbs up

Thanks moyekj. This is working great for me and my premiere. I don't have a hacked tivo, so finally being able to auto delete shows is the last piece to my puzzle.

One small issue I noticed, when running in GUI mode, the remote control refreshes get queued up behind processing shows. Can this be treated more like the 'Now Playing' refreshes and get higher priority? Thanks.
huntaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #3206
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Many new enhancements for Premiere owners thanks to some reverse engineering of the iPad protocol by TCF member 'arantius' (see thread) which allows communicating with TiVo Premiere units using the iPad protocol without needing an iPad, which opens the door to a lot of information which can now be obtained from Premiere units. This release includes a new kmttg Remote Control that implements some new capabilities including ability to backup Premiere Season Passes. See the release_notes Wiki for details. Also see the new remote_control Wiki page for details on the new Remote Control.

NOTE: This version contains a lot of changes compared to previous version, so may not be as stable. Also since the iPad protocol reverse engineering is still ongoing there are many developments to unlock and the stability implications of using it with your Premieres is unknown. Aside from my own testing there has been little additional testing by 'orangeboy', but this is largely untested to any great degree.
Hmm... In addition to backing up Season Passes, utilization of "channelSearch" and "channelUpdate" may be a nice enhancement to preserve the checked/unchecked channel list. Even altering the limited number of OTA channels I currently get can be a tedious task, let alone the hundreds of channels found on cable systems.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #3207
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntaar View Post
One small issue I noticed, when running in GUI mode, the remote control refreshes get queued up behind processing shows. Can this be treated more like the 'Now Playing' refreshes and get higher priority? Thanks.
Disregard the position in the job monitor. The remote jobs do run through same time as any other job except another remote job on same TiVo. i.e. For example if you have a download going from a Premiere the remote job will still execute for that same Premiere.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #3208
moyekj

Quote:
Hmm... In addition to backing up Season Passes, utilization of "channelSearch" and "channelUpdate" may be a nice enhancement to preserve the checked/unchecked channel list. Even altering the limited number of OTA channels I currently get can be a tedious task, let alone the hundreds of channels found on cable systems.
Good point. I've had plenty of times with either a new TiVo or after re-doing guided setup where this had to be re-done involving many, many remote presses. Would be nice to have a saved list that could be restored for each TiVo or for a newly purchased TiVo. I'll look into it for next release.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #3209
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Good point. I've had plenty of times with either a new TiVo or after re-doing guided setup where this had to be re-done involving many, many remote presses. Would be nice to have a saved list that could be restored for each TiVo or for a newly purchased TiVo. I'll look into it for next release.

My "playtime" with RPC is on hold as I freak out about moving in the next couple days...

Old 07-02-2011, 03:10 PM   #3210
moyekj

Quote:
"channelUpdate" is not a valid/available RPC command unfortunately. I get:
ERROR: RPC error response: The active partner ID does not have access to the operation.