TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #3031
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuer1370 View Post
OK, my pytivo opens for about 1 second in a black box then closes. I cannot figuire out what I'm doing wrong. Here is a copy of my config. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Laptop Videos]
type = video
ffmpeg = C:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
path = C:\Users\MyName\Videos
Please refer to the link in my signature for step by step instructions for getting pytivo up and running in windows.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #3032
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
Frankly, none of the Tivos (Series 3, TivoHD or Premiere) handle 23.976fps very well. On my TivoHDs, I found that any framerate less than ~25fps exhibited strobing/shimmering. Even the Premiere shows some of this, but it isn't as bad. Perhaps some of it is has to do with the refresh rate of the LCDs. Not really sure. I had found that 23.976fps MPEG2 playback was always much more stable than 23.976fps H.264 though, so it seems like it is mainly a Tivo decode/playback issue.

Also, if you want to transcode to a smaller framesize, I would just use 1280x720. It should be ok for you.
I never used 1080i in a series 3 but in my Premiere, displaying on a native 1080p lcd projector or a 40" LCD panel, I see none of the shimmer or strobing you speak of using 1080i 29.97 or 1080p 23.976, both of which the premiere displays natively without conversion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #3033
heuer1370

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Please refer to the link in my signature for step by step instructions for getting pytivo up and running in windows.

please send me a pm. i do not have 10 or more posts and cannot see your link. thanks for the help.
heuer1370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:20 AM   #3034
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuer1370 View Post
please send me a pm. i do not have 10 or more posts and cannot see your link. thanks for the help.
PM sent

Old 06-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #3035
sanity

pyTivoX suddenly not working

I've been using pyTivoX without problems for several weeks now.

Suddenly yesterday I started to find that the pyTivoX folder on my Tivo would be empty, and then if I went out of it it would disappear completely. I've tried removing some files from the folder, but nothing seems to work.

This is all that is in my pytivo.log:

Code:
pyTivoX $ cat pytivo.log 
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Announcing shares...
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Registering: PyTivoX
INFO:pyTivo.beacon:Scanning for TiVos...
INFO:pyTivo:pyTivo is ready.
INFO:pyTivo:10.0.1.196 [26/Jun/2011 15:07:49] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:10.0.1.197 [26/Jun/2011 15:07:49] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:10.0.1.196 [26/Jun/2011 15:07:50] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
INFO:pyTivo:10.0.1.196 [26/Jun/2011 15:08:43] "GET /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=%2F HTTP/1.0" 200 -
Please help!
sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #3036
Tobashadow

I am getting a weird transfer bug.

If i transfer a show or two from another Tivo and watch them, then if i decide to transfer a show or movie from PyTivo i get the last show i transferred from the Tivo instead of what i chose on PyTivo and the only way to solve it is to remove the other Tivo from the network.

Same problem no matter if i have metadata on the file or not.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #3037
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobashadow View Post
Same problem no matter if i have metadata on the file or not.
Well, yes, because it's a TiVo-side bug. Not much you can do except to reboot the TiVo AFAIK.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #3038
Johnwashere

Wow, I wish I would have used PyTivo years ago. It was pretty easy to install and works perfectly on my premiere and HD. I am able to transfer my 720P MKV files and surround sound works for most of my movies. So awesome!!
Johnwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #3039
SameerUCLA

Having a problem... installed pyTivo and got it running on my Win7 box. I have set up two video shares - one for Movies, one for TV shows. The TiVos see the shares properly, but when I select each folder, they are empty. I can scroll up and down the screen inside the folder, but I can't select anything or get anything to run.

Furthermore, I can't push from pyTivo to the Tivos. pyTivo shows me the "Pull from" and "Push To" choices but... no workee.

Any help?

- Sameer

p.s. here's my pyTivo.conf file:

[Server]
port = 9032
ffmpeg = c:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
tivo_mak = [removed]
tdcat = c:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\tdcat.exe
tivo_password = [removed]
tivo_username = [removed]
togo_path = D:\TivoToGo
tivodecode = c:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\tivodecode.exe

[_tivo_SD]

[_tivo_HD]

[Movies]
path = D:\Movies
type = video

[TV Shows]
type = video
path = D:\Media\TV Shows
SameerUCLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #3040
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

No errors on the TiVo screen?

Post your log file or console output.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #3041
SameerUCLA

As requested:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Python27\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 866, in emit
self.flush()
File "C:\Program Files\Python27\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 828, in flush
self.stream.flush()
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
Logged from file beacon.py, line 88
self.flush()
self.stream.flush()
Logged from file beacon.py, line 39
self.flush()
self.stream.flush()
Logged from file beacon.py, line 39
self.flush()
self.stream.flush()
Logged from file beacon.py, line 94
self.flush()
self.stream.flush()
Logged from file beacon.py, line 69
self.flush()
self.stream.flush()
Logged from file beacon.py, line 69
Old 06-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #3042
SameerUCLA

Oh, and BTW, I can pull files from the Tivo, just can't push. Obviously it seems there's a problem in my 'file descriptor', just not sure what that means.

Perchance it be related to my PC LOAD LETTER?

- Sameer
Old 06-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #3043
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Ugh. That's saying it can't log. I'd assume it was a problem with the way logging was set up in your .conf file, but from what you posted, you don't have anything set up there...

Old 06-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #3044
reneg

Quote:
self.flush()
self.stream.flush()
Logged from file beacon.py, line 88
Are you running pyTivo as a service? If so, try running it from a command prompt window. The error may be related to access permissions as service vs user.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #3045
moyekj

Win7 and Vista lock down write permissions pretty tight under c:\Program Files (and c:\Program Files (x86)). Install it elsewhere and you can avoid some headaches...

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #3046
caddyroger

I am running a Windows pro 7 64 bit computer.
What would causing this in my auto push log.

2011_06_28_17:44:58 ERROR: Received unexpected response for: http://localhost:9032/TiVoConnect?Command=Push&Container=My+Videos&File=/PART+1++++Hawaii+Five-0+-+Oiaio+%2805_16_2011%29.mpg&tsn=CAREBEAR[/url]
2011_06_28_17:44:58 ERROR: Internal Server Error

My config file looks like this

[My Videos]
type = video
path = G:\FOR THE TIVO

[Server]
tivo_password = xxxxxxx
tivo_mak = xxxxxxxxxxx
tivo_username = xxxxxxxxxxxx
ffmpeg = C:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
tivodecode = C:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\TIVODECODE.EXE
tdcat = C:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\tdcat.exe
beacon = 192.168.0.106 192.168.0.105
togo_path = G:\FROM THE TIVO
port = 9032
Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #3047
SameerUCLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Win7 and Vista lock down write permissions pretty tight under c:\Program Files (and c:\Program Files (x86)). Install it elsewhere and you can avoid some headaches...
OK, turned off pyTivo as a service and moved the pyTivo directory to C:\pyTivo. Works beautifully!!
Now just need to see if I can get it running as a service again.

THANKS!!
- Sameer

Last edited by SameerUCLA : 06-29-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #3048
MrJedi

Question about meta data. Is the file read differently based on whether you do a pull on the TiVo vs a push from the web? I ask because when I do a push I can get files to go in a folder and have a brief description, but not air date, actor info, or a series specific thumbnail (HDUI). When I pull via the TiVo, the descriptions, original air date, actors, series thumbnail image all appear.

This isn't a huge deal and I don't really need a resolution, just wondering if this was an issue with others.

Yep, just a one TV/one TiVo house. :)
MrJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #3049
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

The push metadata is passed to the TiVo in a totally different way, yes, and we only know a few of the possible keywords to use. It's frustrating, too, because if you look at (say) an Amazon movie, which uses the same mechanism, there are clearly more fields available, but we haven't been able to find the keywords.

Description, title, subtitle (i.e. episode title), and TV rating are the only fields that we know how to push. You would not believe how long it took me to find TV rating.

I had high hopes that the iPad remote mechanism, which seems to use the same basic format to report metadata (the only difference being that it's JSON-encoded instead of HME-style), would reveal some new pushable keywords. But so far, nothing I've tried from that works, either.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #3050
innocentfreak

Wonder who we need to try to bribe so they can release some of the necessary codes.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #3051
MrJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
The push metadata is passed to the TiVo in a totally different way, yes, and we only know a few of the possible keywords to use.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Yep, just a one TV/one TiVo house. :)
MrJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #3052
AZrob

Pytivo downgrades HD to SD on my Premiere; works on Tivo HD and with TD

Hi everyone,
I don't know if this has anything to do with the latest version of Tivo, but I have a .mp4 file that starts out as HD on my PC, but ends up looking like mediocre SD on my Premiere XL after a pytivo transfer. Funny thing is, it works fine to my Tivo HD. Also if I use Tivo Desktop to my Premiere it transfers perfectly as well.

So do I need to tweak/update my pytivo?

The .mp4 was created using mkvtomp4.

Thanks in advance,

Rob from AZ
AZrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #3053
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZrob View Post
Hi everyone,
I don't know if this has anything to do with the latest version of Tivo, but I have a .mp4 file that starts out as HD on my PC, but ends up looking like mediocre SD on my Premiere XL after a pytivo transfer. Funny thing is, it works fine to my Tivo HD. Also if I use Tivo Desktop to my Premiere it transfers perfectly as well.

So do I need to tweak/update my pytivo?

The .mp4 was created using mkvtomp4.

Thanks in advance,

Rob from AZ
It's probable that you are running an old version of pyTivo that doesn't know about the Premiere, and pyTivo is transcoding to Series 2 compatible mpeg2.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #3054
AZrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
It's probable that you are running an old version of pyTivo that doesn't know about the Premiere, and pyTivo is transcoding to Series 2 compatible mpeg2.
Sorry to be dumb about this, but it's been so long since I installed pytivo (I think I used the Windows executable) that I don't know where to start. Do I just find a Windows executable somewhere and if so, where, please?

thanks,

Rob
AZrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #3055
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZrob View Post
Sorry to be dumb about this, but it's been so long since I installed pytivo (I think I used the Windows executable) that I don't know where to start. Do I just find a Windows executable somewhere and if so, where, please?

thanks,

Rob
The windows installer is very outdated and no longer needed.

Please see the link in my signature for full install instructions for windows.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #3056
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
The push metadata is passed to the TiVo in a totally different way, yes, and we only know a few of the possible keywords to use. It's frustrating, too, because if you look at (say) an Amazon movie, which uses the same mechanism, there are clearly more fields available, but we haven't been able to find the keywords.
I take it, then, they are not clear text? Some sort of binary? Sniffing for expected text doesn't lend a clue?
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #3057
johnjay829

Hello all i have been around a few years using pytivo and it is a wonderful tool for the tivo. I was wondering if it would be possible to have one folder on the tivo share mapped to more than on folder on my pc and nas. Instead having separate folders
johnjay829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #3058
jcthorne

Yes. You need to create symlinks in your share to point to the other direcrtories, then only share the one folder with all the symlinks in it.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #3059
johnjay829

thanks i was able to find a little program to make the symlinks but i was wondering where the files are actually saved or are they in both locations
Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #3060
johnjay829

Anyone have a setup that will auto extract the video and audio folders from a iso or img file instead of me using magic disk to mount then dvd shrink to copy the files