TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
whitson77
Director Level

Shadow Line coming to BBC America?

Anybody know if this is coming to BBC America or if you can stream it online for free anywhere? The reviews I've read on it say it is very good.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Hcour

Don't know if you're into bittorrent but it's available there on public sites as well as private ones like The Box.

I'd never heard of it, looked it up on IMDb and it's getting raves. I'll definitely be downloading it. Thanks for the heads up.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitson77 View Post
Anybody know if this is coming to BBC America or if you can stream it online for free anywhere? The reviews I've read on it say it is very good.
It's been called Britain's 'The Wire'.

I can't answer your question but I can say that it's a great series. I downloaded the episodes as they aired in the U.K. It has a complex conspiracy storyline (along with being a cops and bad guys story) and many plot twists and turns. The acting was just fantastic. It was difficult to tell who the bad guys and good guys were at times. I hope it makes it's way to the States.

The episodes are on torrents and usenet. There are HD captures of all the episodes.

I highly recommend it.

I posted a thread in the U.K. Chat forum about the show awhile ago.

The Shadow Line is a major new drama serial created by Hugo Blick for BBC Two. A sophisticated conspiracy thriller in seven parts that brings to life a cinematic world of blurred morality and the conflicted characters who inhabit it, it features a star-studded cast, including: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Christopher Eccleston, Sir Antony Sher and Stephen Rea.

Last edited by Malcontent : 06-21-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
BrettStah

Thanks for the heads up on the show - downloading it now, but the brief clip I watched on youtube convinced me that it is very likely that my wife and I will like this show.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
BrettStah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
Hcour

Watched the first two eps tonight. A great series indeed.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #6
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitson77 View Post
You could also use a free software/service like 'ExpatShield' to get an U.K. IP address so you can stream the episodes from the BBC website.

http://expatshield.com/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0111dqc
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
walkerism
The Clean Up Man

I can't believe how wonderful this show is. If you have DirecTV, its currently available on the Audience Network. Great character development, intriguing storyline and best of all it's only 8 episodes leaving you wanting more.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Bob Coxner

I've been watching it on DirecTV and I agree it's fantastic. Calling it the Brit Wire is not a bad analogy.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote