TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 04:08 AM   #121
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
FYI, played around a little with season passes tonight. Changing priority works as in example:
Code:
{"type":"subscriptionsReprioritize","subscriptionId":["tivo:sb.549"],"priority":2516,"bodyId":"-"}
You 1st need to get season pass Ids then specific data on Ids using "subscriptionSearch" to get the current priority numbers. i.e.:
Code:
{"type":"subscriptionSearch","format":"idSequence","noLimit":"true","bodyId":"-"}
Then for each individual id:
Code:
{"type":"subscriptionSearch","objectIdAndType":"581641651692499","levelOfDetail":"medium","bodyId":"-"}
You get the subscriptionId & priority numbers you need from that.

(The highest priority doesn't start at 1 like one might expect).
Also note if you are on the Season Pass Manager screen when you do this it won't show the changes until you exit and come back in (i.e. screen does not refresh).

One can probably make a backup of all the information obtained in these queries and then use the data to re-create season passes, i.e. Like the crippled tivo.com method but hopefully implemented better. i.e. Finally a season pass backup procedure.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 06-22-2011 at 04:16 AM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #122
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
FYI, played around a little with season passes tonight. Changing priority works as in example:
Code:
{"type":"subscriptionsReprioritize","subscriptionId":["tivo:sb.549"],"priority":2516,"bodyId":"-"}
You 1st need to get season pass Ids then specific data on Ids using "subscriptionSearch" to get the current priority numbers. i.e.:
Code:
{"type":"subscriptionSearch","format":"idSequence","noLimit":"true","bodyId":"-"}
Then for each individual id:
Code:
{"type":"subscriptionSearch","objectIdAndType":"581641651692499","levelOfDetail":"medium","bodyId":"-"}
You get the subscriptionId & priority numbers you need from that.

(The highest priority doesn't start at 1 like one might expect).
Also note if you are on the Season Pass Manager screen when you do this it won't show the changes until you exit and come back in (i.e. screen does not refresh).

One can probably make a backup of all the information obtained in these queries and then use the data to re-create season passes, i.e. Like the crippled tivo.com method but hopefully implemented better. i.e. Finally a season pass backup procedure.
You should be able to save a step and get subscriptionId and priority numbers by setting the levelOfDetail (medium or high) in the initial subscriptionSearch, and not specifying the idSequence format.

As it happens, I too played around with this Request last night, but only had limited "success". It moved a Season Pass that I had in position 2 (priority=2472 for me) to position 29 (priority 2500). I initially set "priorty=2471" to see if it would just swap positions 1 and 2, but was surprised to see it way down the line. Subsequent tries with other values (2472, 1, -5) left the particular Season Pass at position 29.

Oddly, my priorities were all initially sequential from 2471-2528, then jumped to 2569 for the very last one. After subscriptionsReprioritize, the order was 2471, 2473-2529, with two priorities at 2500. Attempts at creating a responseTemplate to gather only subscriptionId and priority only resulted in "Error parsing subscriptionSearch request".
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #123
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
You should be able to save a step and get subscriptionId and priority numbers by setting the levelOfDetail (medium or high) in the initial subscriptionSearch, and not specifying the idSequence format.

As it happens, I too played around with this Request last night, but only had limited "success". It moved a Season Pass that I had in position 2 (priority=2472 for me) to position 29 (priority 2500). I initially set "priorty=2471" to see if it would just swap positions 1 and 2, but was surprised to see it way down the line. Subsequent tries with other values (2472, 1, -5) left the particular Season Pass at position 29.

Oddly, my priorities were all initially sequential from 2471-2528, then jumped to 2569 for the very last one. After subscriptionsReprioritize, the order was 2471, 2473-2529, with two priorities at 2500. Attempts at creating a responseTemplate to gather only subscriptionId and priority only resulted in "Error parsing subscriptionSearch request".
Yes it does seem a little strange. I too was unable to move back to its original place through programming after the initial move but didn't think much of it at the time and figured I just gave it wrong priority #. I can see already where if there are many changes at once things get complicated - probably why the tivo.com method screws things up too. I'm a little weary about experimenting too much as I don't want to screw things up.

Still think season pass backup is worth investing more time. Probably good way to test that initially is setup a dummy season pass, save the data associated with it, delete it, then see if one can re-create it with saved data.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #124
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes it does seem a little strange. I too was unable to move back to its original place through programming after the initial move but didn't think much of it at the time and figured I just gave it wrong priority #. I can see already where if there are many changes at once things get complicated - probably why the tivo.com method screws things up too. I'm a little weary about experimenting too much as I don't want to screw things up.

Still think season pass backup is worth investing more time. Probably good way to test that initially is setup a dummy season pass, save the data associated with it, delete it, then see if one can re-create it with saved data.
I've got some Season Passes that are now expendable due to Series finales/cancellations (Smallville, V, The Event). Any one of those could "take one for the team".

A couple posts back, I found that Wish List backups may also be possible, with their keywords being made available. Your earlier mention of "gold mine" may well be an understatement! I'm curious what the TiVo folks think about this thread (if they happen to wander away from the main forums)...
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #125
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 4,076
Re: subscriptionsReprioritize

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes it does seem a little strange. I too was unable to move back to its original place through programming after the initial move but didn't think much of it at the time and figured I just gave it wrong priority #. I can see already where if there are many changes at once things get complicated - probably why the tivo.com method screws things up too. I'm a little weary about experimenting too much as I don't want to screw things up.
This has really got me stumped.

I've found that any reprioritization done through the RPC interface moves the first effected subscriptionId to a priority of 2500 (in my case). Setting a priority value in the request itself appears to have zero effect (at least none that I could observe). The order specified in subscriptionId= is the order of the new priorities, again, starting at 2500 (for me). Based on those observations, I culled all of the subscriptionId values, and placed them into the request, altering the order slightly. The result was the expected order, starting with priority 2500, and running sequentially and consecutively through 2558. OK, no big deal.

The next thing I tried was to specify only 3 subscriptionId values. These were placed at or near the top of the list, and shared the same priority values with the original top 3 of the list. So I had (2) 2500 values, (2) 2501 values, and (2) 2502 values. Well huh. I used my YATR to rearrange the Season Passes back to their original order through the Premiere's GUI. When I rechecked, the priorities reset back to their original values, starting at 2471, and running through 2529!

I noticed in arantius' samples, the priorities were 5008, 5013, and 2502. I'm just wondering if 2500 is some kind of magic number.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:13 AM   #126
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Still think season pass backup is worth investing more time. Probably good way to test that initially is setup a dummy season pass, save the data associated with it, delete it, then see if one can re-create it with saved data.
I confirmed this worked tonight. I did the following:
1. Obtained all season passes (using levelOfDetail=medium)
2. Wrote the entire JSONArray to a file
3. Read back in the file into a JSONArray
4. On TiVo I manually removed my lowest priority season pass
5. Used "subscribe" to schedule the last item in the array using the fields that were already available (loaded from file):
recordingQuality,maxRecordings,keepBehavior,bodyId,idSetSour ce,showStatus
I also had to add the following, otherwise if there are any conflicts scheduling fails:
ignoreConflicts=true

Checked Season Pass Manager again and verified it was scheduled in last priority spot and had upcoming recordings showing. Just for grins I also subscribed same one on my other Premiere and verified that worked as well.

So looks like Season Pass backups are finally a reality for Premieres. Obviously this also serves as a way of copying season passes among TiVos.

The fun part of this task is now over - now comes more tedious part to write a GUI around it to save to and load from files and selectively choose which ones you want to schedule on a TiVo.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #127
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 4,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I confirmed this worked tonight. I did the following:
1. Obtained all season passes (using levelOfDetail=medium)
2. Wrote the entire JSONArray to a file
3. Read back in the file into a JSONArray
4. On TiVo I manually removed my lowest priority season pass
5. Used "subscribe" to schedule the last item in the array using the fields that were already available (loaded from file):
recordingQuality,maxRecordings,keepBehavior,bodyId,idSetSour ce,showStatus
I also had to add the following, otherwise if there are any conflicts scheduling fails:
ignoreConflicts=true

Checked Season Pass Manager again and verified it was scheduled in last priority spot and had upcoming recordings showing. Just for grins I also subscribed same one on my other Premiere and verified that worked as well.

So looks like Season Pass backups are finally a reality for Premieres. Obviously this also serves as a way of copying season passes among TiVos.

The fun part of this task is now over - now comes more tedious part to write a GUI around it to save to and load from files and selectively choose which ones you want to schedule on a TiVo.
Cool! Since idSetSource is an array, what fields did you have to include? Just collectionId to identify the Series?

ETA: Coupled with a gridRowSearch, I could see extending this function to include a user search option, with a user typing in a Series title and creating a Season Pass for items found in the (current) Guide Data.

Last edited by orangeboy : 06-23-2011 at 08:47 AM.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #128
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Cool! Since idSetSource is an array, what fields did you have to include? Just collectionId to identify the Series?
No, I used the entire JSON object as is for idSetSource (as originally read and dumped to file), which in my example was:
Code:
"idSetSource":{"collectionId":"tivo:cl.180357353","type":"seasonPassSource","channel":{"channelNumber":"722","channelId":"tivo:ch.9","isReceived":true,"isBlocked":false,"type":"channel","levelOfDetail":"medium","isHidden":false,"callSign":"USAHD","isDigital":true,"logoIndex":66057,"isKidZone":false,"bitrate":"-1476395008","name":"USA Network HD","sourceType":"cable","isFavorite":false,"stationId":"tivo:st.109673805"}}

__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #129
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 4,076
An unexpected nicety: videoPlaybackPositionSet works within the Netflix app! I've been working on incorporating the "scrubber" into YATR*, and happened to try it out with Netflix. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to very quickly move to the end of a stream. MUCH faster than the FF found on the physical remote.

Unrelated, I was wondering about this, found in bodyConfigSearch:

Code:
'hasScheduler' : True
What I was wondering was what hardware doesn't have a scheduler? The TiVo Preview?

*A sneak-peek of YATR with a small scrub bar attached at the bottom:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg YATR.jpg (28.1 KB, 388 views)
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #130
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
more uiNavigate uri's

FYI, you can use following RPC call to get list of all classic UI destinations for "uiNavigate" calls:
Code:
{"levelOfDetail":"high","uiDestinationType":"classicui","noLimit":"true","type":"uiDestinationInstanceSearch","bodyId":"-"}
The summary of uri's for my Premiere:
Code:
"x-tivo:classicui:disablehme"
"x-tivo:classicui:enablehme"
"x-tivo:classicui:livetv"
"x-tivo:classicui:messages"
"x-tivo:classicui:music"
"x-tivo:classicui:photo"
"x-tivo:classicui:timechannel"
"x-tivo:classicui:history"
"x-tivo:classicui:seasonpass"
"x-tivo:classicui:settings"
"x-tivo:classicui:standby"
"x-tivo:classicui:systeminfo"
"x-tivo:classicui:todolist"
"x-tivo:classicui:troubleshooting"
"x-tivo:classicui:wishlist"
"x-tivo:classicui:showcase"
"x-tivo:classicui:playback"
"x-tivo:classicui:showcasegrid"
"x-tivo:classicui:suggestions"
Haven't figured out other valid values for uiDestinationType other than "hme" and "classicuI". There may be a way of getting a list of those values...
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 06-24-2011 at 04:59 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #131
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
Recording History - will not record items

To get full list of recordings that will not record:
Code:
{"noLimit":"true","state":["cancelled"],"format":"idSequence","type":"recordingSearch","bodyId":"-"}
The above returns full set of IDs. You can then query individual items with levelOfDetail=medium/high to find out the reason why it won't record:

Code:
{"levelOfDetail":"medium","type":"recordingSearch","objectIdAndType":"509073884986635","bodyId":"-"}
Then look for cancellationReason in returned JSON. For my list there were various cancellationReason values:
Code:
notFirstRun
recordDifferentShowing
programGuideChanged
userCancelledSubscription
expired
explicitlyDeletedFromToDo
gotBetterSuggestion
programSourceConflict
So now one can filter out reasons that usually we don't care about and only list important ones such as "programSourceConflict".
Curiously I do not use/enable suggestions, so not sure why "gotBetterSuggestion" is in there...
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #132
puffdaddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj
Haven't figured out other valid values for uiDestinationType other than "hme" and "classicuI". There may be a way of getting a list of those values...
Is this was what you were looking for?
Code:
livetv
playback
showcase
showcasegrid
wishlist
todolist
seasonpass
history
timechannel
messages
settings
systeminfo
troubleshooting
networkhelp
testconnection
standby
enablehme
disablehme
music
photo
demoMode
repeatGuidedSetup
externalDrive
networkSetup
connection
watchclip
channelList
channelLineup
restartDvr
setupDialInNumber
connectToService
remoteControl
suggestions
thumbs
myshows
Unsupported screen identifier: %s
*Edit* no, I think you were after whether there are any valid values other than "classicui" or "hme", and I don't see any strings evidence of values beyond those two.

Last edited by puffdaddy : 06-24-2011 at 11:12 PM.
puffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #133
Fofer
༺♥༻
 
Fofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 71,537
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
An unexpected nicety: videoPlaybackPositionSet works within the Netflix app! I've been working on incorporating the "scrubber" into YATR*, and happened to try it out with Netflix. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to very quickly move to the end of a stream. MUCH faster than the FF found on the physical remote.

Unrelated, I was wondering about this, found in bodyConfigSearch:

Code:
'hasScheduler' : True
What I was wondering was what hardware doesn't have a scheduler? The TiVo Preview?

*A sneak-peek of YATR with a small scrub bar attached at the bottom:
Wow. Very, very nicely done.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #134
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
FYI, I've just released a new version of kmttg (v0p8a) which takes advantage of some of these new discoveries, perhaps most notable the ability to backup season passes for Premieres.

Thanks again 'arantius' for the reverse engineering, 'orangeboy' for some help testing and others in this thread that have made contributions. There is yet so much to unlock...
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #135
Fofer
༺♥༻
 
Fofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 71,537
TC CLUB MEMBER
Thank you, moyekj!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #136
innocentfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,568
Nice thanks, downloading now.
__________________
1 - TiVo Roamio Pro
2 - TiVo Premiere XL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #137
Fofer
༺♥༻
 
Fofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 71,537
TC CLUB MEMBER
moyekj, I have downloaded the new version of kmttg. I entered my MAK and I checked the box next to "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" and restarted it. Looks great, and works well, for the most part.

I notice am able to backup my SP's and I am able to see the shows in my Premiere's NP list.

But when I select a show to initiate playback (and hit the space bar to do so,) I get these errors: "No data available for findRecordingId" or "RPC error response: The active partner ID does not have access to the operation." Basically I am unable to initiate playback on the TiVo of any of these shows, as the release notes indicate I am supposed to be able to do. What am I missing, am I doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated, and thanks for sharing your great work.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!

Last edited by Fofer : 06-26-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #138
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
"RPC error response: The active partner ID does not have access to the operation."
There was a silly bug for playback which is now fixed with new release v0p8b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
"No data available for findRecordingId"
This one is tougher issue. In normal kmttg operation to download a show one needs a URL from TiVo which is only available through HMO. Hence the Now Playing list you see is still obtained using HMO method (http based).
However for "iPad playback" functionality one needs a recordingId instead which can only be obtained using RPC calls. i.e. There are 2 different lists of data of the shows, and I have to try and find recordingId in 2nd list based on selection made in the 1st. This is done currently by matching up title, recording date & file size. If a match of all 3 of those is not found then you get above message. My guess would be is the title matching may be failing. Can you post the title of one that is failing? I may just have to re-do logic to not match up titles.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #139
Fofer
༺♥༻
 
Fofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 71,537
TC CLUB MEMBER
Got it working, thanks for the update. And I haven't seen the "No data available for findRecordingId" response again... I wonder if that was a one-time thing from before I clicked on the "Enable iPad style communications" checkbox.

In any event, it's working now and I like it! Thank you.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #140
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
Finding Season & Series premieres

ReplayTV had the ability to identify all Season & Series premieres automatically which was a feature I really appreciated and used a lot. There has never been a good equivalent for TiVo. Finally I have been able to implement something for TiVo now using "gridRowSearch".

The algorithm that works is:
Limiting search to 1 channel at a time and then for each JSON entry returned in JSON array looking for:
collectionType="series"
episodeNum=[1]
repeat=false (or no repeat flag present in JSON)
seasonNumber=1 => series premiere
seasonNumber>1 => season premiere

Right now I limit my searches only to certain channels of interest, otherwise the search can take a very long time to complete (I use upcoming 12 days). I plan to release something related to this in next kmttg release, but a GUI for channel filtering is probably going to be needed which will be a pain - I'm really starting to hate GUI programming.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #141
innocentfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,568
Nice, I miss the old wishlist functionality of being able to add watches for Season Premiere, Premiere, and I forget the other terms that TiVo offered as a default.

Not sure if it would work, but what if you did the channels like you handle the autotransfers? Poll a list of channels with KMTTG and then have the option to highlight channels and add to favorites just the way you add shows to autotransfer with Add Selected Titles.

I was thinking I wonder if there would be a way to enable season pass manager so you could modify season passes. I need to look at the .SP file KMTTG saves since you have the option to load Season Passes. It makes me think you could possibly move shows around in the file and then reload the file. Of course this could also cause issues so I am hesitant to try it and screw my TiVo up.
__________________
1 - TiVo Roamio Pro
2 - TiVo Premiere XL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #142
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 4,076
Has anyone tried the discovered interface on the Series 3 family yet? My '648 is still a couple weeks away, packed up and awaiting the movers to come...
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #143
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
ReplayTV had the ability to identify all Season & Series premieres automatically which was a feature I really appreciated and used a lot. There has never been a good equivalent for TiVo. Finally I have been able to implement something for TiVo now using "gridRowSearch".

The algorithm that works is:
Limiting search to 1 channel at a time and then for each JSON entry returned in JSON array looking for:
collectionType="series"
episodeNum=[1]
repeat=false (or no repeat flag present in JSON)
seasonNumber=1 => series premiere
seasonNumber>1 => season premiere

Right now I limit my searches only to certain channels of interest, otherwise the search can take a very long time to complete (I use upcoming 12 days). I plan to release something related to this in next kmttg release, but a GUI for channel filtering is probably going to be needed which will be a pain - I'm really starting to hate GUI programming.
I have a trial implementation in place as part of kmttg now and innocentfreak took it for a spin and reported a few missing matches. Digging into details the problem is missing episode number information (which is an age old problem with TiVo/zap2it guide listings). i.e. some series don't have episodeNum information.
If anyone has any suggestions on alternate ways of obtaining episode information for such shows via this protocol or other means I'm all ears.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #144
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Has anyone tried the discovered interface on the Series 3 family yet? My '648 is still a couple weeks away, packed up and awaiting the movers to come...
My S3 doesn't even respond to port 1413 at all last I tried, but I will need to check if network remote capability is even enabled on that unit.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #145
innocentfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I have a trial implementation in place as part of kmttg now and innocentfreak took it for a spin and reported a few missing matches. Digging into details the problem is missing episode number information (which is an age old problem with TiVo/zap2it guide listings). i.e. some series don't have episodeNum information.
If anyone has any suggestions on alternate ways of obtaining episode information for such shows via this protocol or other means I'm all ears.
I know sites like TVrage and TheTVDB have APIs you can get access to. I don't think these would really help though unless you did something like Sickbeard in KMTTG for tracking episode guides for shows you specifically added or matched off your season pass listing.
__________________
1 - TiVo Roamio Pro
2 - TiVo Premiere XL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #146
morac
Cat God
 
morac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy
Has anyone tried the discovered interface on the Series 3 family yet? My '648 is still a couple weeks away, packed up and awaiting the movers to come...
The app is using the older telnet interface for the S3. That's why it only supports basic remote controls. It doesn't support the draggable playback bar. Everything else, like scheduling, is done via the TiVo web site scheduling mechanism.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #147
tomhorsley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
If anyone has any suggestions on alternate ways of obtaining episode information for such shows via this protocol or other means I'm all ears.
I (sometimes) see a synopsis of the show when I look at the guide entry (not all shows have a synopsis, or they may have one, but it is the same for every show). For shows that actually do have a synopsis I always wished I could just record the text and use it to remember which shows I've already seen. Seems to me that would be better than an unreliable "new episode" flag since there may have been a power failure or a recording conflict on the first attempt to record it.

That would let me record episodes I haven't seen before (new or not) while avoiding recording the 16 duplicate airing some shows have on some cable channels.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #148
innocentfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
I (sometimes) see a synopsis of the show when I look at the guide entry (not all shows have a synopsis, or they may have one, but it is the same for every show). For shows that actually do have a synopsis I always wished I could just record the text and use it to remember which shows I've already seen. Seems to me that would be better than an unreliable "new episode" flag since there may have been a power failure or a recording conflict on the first attempt to record it.

That would let me record episodes I haven't seen before (new or not) while avoiding recording the 16 duplicate airing some shows have on some cable channels.
Might want to look into Sickbeard then. This is my big use for it. I simply add shows I want to track that I am recording or watching on Netflix. It pulls episode info from theTVDB.com and then I mark episodes as ignored as I watch them and leave them as skipped until I do.
__________________
1 - TiVo Roamio Pro
2 - TiVo Premiere XL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #149
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I have a trial implementation in place as part of kmttg now and innocentfreak took it for a spin and reported a few missing matches. Digging into details the problem is missing episode number information (which is an age old problem with TiVo/zap2it guide listings). i.e. some series don't have episodeNum information.
If anyone has any suggestions on alternate ways of obtaining episode information for such shows via this protocol or other means I'm all ears.
I improved things just a little by looking at subtitle when episode information is not available and matching "Pilot" or "Series Premiere". But that only applies to series premieres and only those that have those strings in subtitle. Still better than nothing.

For the ones without current season episode information (Warehouse 13 is an example), the HDUI search does not list this season's episode information either which confirms the data is just not available in TiVo listings for such shows.

On unrelated note I found this type of comprehensive grid search really loads the TiVo CPU to the point it becomes pretty sluggish while such a search is happening.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #150
innocentfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,568
Cool let me know and I can test it. I still think it would be cool to tie something like sickbeard into kmttg for an episode guide especially if it could be used to rename TiVo shows with SxxExx info since thetvdb API includes the zap2it series I'd.
__________________
1 - TiVo Roamio Pro
2 - TiVo Premiere XL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |