TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #121
HellFish
I can dress myself.

This thread is full of great info. I've setup SABnzbd & Sickbeard with great success. Thanks for everyone who has contributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
The client will try downloading the missing/damaged parts from the backup server in hopes of getting the complete file.
Are you saying you can setup SABnzbd to do this automatically? If so,how? The only manual interaction I have to do is if the download isn't successful. I think this is the first I heard of setting up a different provider as a backup. It's a great idea.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #122
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFish View Post
This thread is full of great info. I've setup SABnzbd & Sickbeard with great success. Thanks for everyone who has contributed.

Are you saying you can setup SABnzbd to do this automatically? If so,how? The only manual interaction I have to do is if the download isn't successful. I think this is the first I heard of setting up a different provider as a backup. It's a great idea.
Yeah just mark those servers as backup servers. This way it will only use those servers when a piece is missing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #123
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFish View Post

In Sabnzbd Configuration:

Servers:

Under the specific server:

Enable as "BackUp Server"

The usenet provider you configure as a backup server will automatically be used to download missing or damaged parts when your primary provider has problems with downloads.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #124
Gromit

I never noticed that option. This thread has made me realize the benefit to buying a block account from another usenet provider.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #125
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
I never noticed that option. This thread has made me realize the benefit to buying a block account from another usenet provider.
Yeah I am thinking I may need to grab one since lately I have had some issues with completion on astraweb.

Anyone have recommendations or know of a deal from another reseller?

Old 06-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #126
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Yeah I am thinking I may need to grab one since lately I have had some issues with completion on astraweb.

Anyone have recommendations or know of a deal from another reseller?
Blocknews.net has the best prices and completion. I use and recommend them.

http://www.blocknews.net
Old 06-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #127
innocentfreak

Quote:
Blocknews.net has the best prices and completion. I use and recommend them.

http://www.blocknews.net
Thanks, for some reason I was thinking they were just a reseller of the same provider that astraweb uses.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #128
Malcontent

Quote:
Thanks, for some reason I was thinking they were just a reseller of the same provider that astraweb uses.
No, Blocknews is a different reseller then Astraweb. Isn't a Highwinds reseller either.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #129
2004raptor

I'll skim back through the thread but any other recommended nzb sites beside FST?
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #130
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
I'll skim back through the thread but any other recommended nzb sites beside FST?
NZBMatrix is probably the best indexer. It has a lot of user particiaption. For a one off $10 cost you can get VIP membership.

http://nzbmatrix.com/
Old 06-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #131
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
I use and like http://www.newzbin.com/

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #132
cditty

Quote:
Any reason you just don't use Sickbeard? It seems like it would be 100x simpler.
I tried it, but when I searched for "The Daily Show" it only found the first 4 seasons and not the whole 16 seasons. Didn't give me great faith. I'll try it again though.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #133
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cditty View Post
I tried it, but when I searched for "The Daily Show" it only found the first 4 seasons and not the whole 16 seasons. Didn't give me great faith. I'll try it again though.
Make sure you setup the various providers you have an account with and the free ones that don't require an account. Some providers only do current RSS while others allow you to search old postings.

Also one thing to note even if you don't use SB to grab what you won't it can post process the files if you have your usenet program dump the shows into the watched folder.

I even use it to track shows I am watching on Netflix and TiVo recordings. Skipped are episodes I haven't watched and ignored are ones I have.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #134
Malcontent

Quote:
You have to give Sickbeard time to process the Daily Show when you first add it. It's 16 seasons after all.

I just added the Daily Show to Sickbeard and after waiting awhile it's up to season 10. Restart Sickbeard and let it run for an hour and it will process the Daily show.

This is not typical behavior for Sickbeard. Processing 16 seasons of a show that airs multiple time a week takes time. Over a hundred shows a season.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #135
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Anyone know what has happened to nzbmatrix.com? I got the "server not found" message last night and this afternoon.
mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #136
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbdigital View Post
Anyone know what has happened to nzbmatrix.com? I got the "server not found" message last night and this afternoon.
http://nzbmatrix.info/

Main router has died at the hosts, ETA to fix 1hr. Still not fixed, awaiting update from hosts....
Old 06-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #137
cditty

Quote:
You have to give Sickbeard time to process the Daily Show when you first add it. It's 16 seasons after all.

I just added the Daily Show to Sickbeard and after waiting awhile it's up to season 10. Restart Sickbeard and let it run for an hour and it will process the Daily show.

This is not typical behavior for Sickbeard. Processing 16 seasons of a show that airs multiple time a week takes time.
yeah. I see that now. I guess I was a little impatient that day.

So sickbeard finds the stuff and sab downloads it for me. Any suggestion on how to get rid of all the folders that are left behind? So far, I have folders for game of thrones(last week and this week) and Daily show(every episode) and so on and so on.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #138
innocentfreak

Quote:

So sickbeard finds the stuff and sab downloads it for me. Any suggestion on how to get rid of all the folders that are left behind? So far, I have folders for game of thrones(last week and this week) and Daily show(every episode) and so on and so on.
Wow completely miss read your problem lol.

There should be an option in SB under post processing I believe that lets you pick whether or not you leave the folder contents. The options vary though depending on what version you are running.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #139
cditty

Thanks for the answer. I'll let this run for a day or two and see what it actually does and report back. I'm a little under the weather today, so it is prob not a good day to be screwing with technical stuffs.

Thanks again.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #140
Malcontent

Quote:

As innocentfreak mentioned look in the Post Processing configuration of Sickbeard. I think you have to uncheck, "Keep Original Files" option.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #141
2004raptor

Regarding BlockNews. Can I find out the files I have downloaded by logging into my account? I can't seem to find if they store that or not.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #142
cditty

One last question. How does the backlog work? I add shows I want to it and every x seconds, sickbeard queries the nzb servers looking for it? Is that correct?
Old 06-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #143
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Regarding BlockNews. Can I find out the files I have downloaded by logging into my account? I can't seem to find if they store that or not.
No, they only record the amount of traffic you download, not what you download. That's a good thing. It protects you and them.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #144
Malcontent

Quote:
One last question. How does the backlog work? I add shows I want to it and every x seconds, sickbeard queries the nzb servers looking for it? Is that correct?
Under 'Search Options' for Sickbeard, what ever you filled in for "Search Frequency" in minutes.

I wouldn't put in anything under 10 minutes. The NZB indexing sites don't like it if you hammer them every 1 minute. It's considered bad form to do so. Average is 15 minutes for most users.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #145
cditty

Thanks again. That was it. Ofcourse it doesn't help that the nzbmatrix is down at the moment either.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #146
Malcontent

Quote:
Thanks again. That was it. Ofcourse it doesn't help that the nzbmatrix is down at the moment either.
Under 'Search Providers' in Sickbeard, set 'Sick Beard Index" to be the primary search provider. You drag and drop to the first position. Make NzbMatrix secondary. Make sure to save changes.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #147
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
http://nzbmatrix.info/

Main router has died at the hosts, ETA to fix 1hr. Still not fixed, awaiting update from hosts....
Thanks! Good to know I'm not pulling a "stoopid".
mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #148
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbdigital View Post
Thanks! Good to know I'm not pulling a "stoopid".
NZBMatrix is backup.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #149
cditty

After running for a few days, here is something that I have noticed.

I set everything up in Sick Beard and tied it into sab. In Sick Beard, I told it to use the folders as season folders. I've noticed that some of the downloads are created within different folders. ie...Franklin and Bash. It got the current one last night, but instead of putting it inside the season folder, it created a new one. Same for Hot in Cleveland and The Daily Show. Sick Beard shows that the shows were gotten, but doesn't show in the XX/XXX listings under downloads.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #150
brettatk
If I Only Knew

Quote:
Is there any way to get sabnbzb to better filter duplicates? So far, I've gotten the last ep of Game of Thrones 3 times now. I'm only using NZBMatrix as a source.
You have to set multiple filters within your RSS feeds. You also have to know what order to put in the "Types". This is the proper order: RequiresCat, Requires, Reject, and Accept. All Rejects have to come before any Accepts. I start off all my RSS feeds with: RequiresCat = HD, Requires = 720p. That way it will never download the SD version and only download files that contain 720p (and not 1080). If you are getting duplicates look at all the file names. Then set Reject filters for DD5, FRENCH, REPACK, etc. I rarely get a duplicate any more and if I do I'll go in and add another filter so I will not get it next time.

Last edited by brettatk : 06-23-2011 at 03:55 PM.
brettatk is offline   Reply With Quote