TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > Developers Corner
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
koopa_troopas

Defining my own BKeyboard with bananas 1.3

Hi, I'm having a silly problem again.

In the search screen i'n designing for my tivo application I need a BKeyboard narrower than the PLAIN_KEYBOARD.
As I understand it, the minimum size of plain_keyboard is the one obtained by getKeyboardSize() method.

If I wanted a smaller BKeyboard, I would have to create a cell matrix of my own and the define a BKeyboard layout of my own??? I don't know if that's correct :S

Isn't there an easier way??

thank you very much.
koopa_troopas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
koopa_troopas

Well, i've already created the Bkeyboard I wanted by creating a 2d BKeyboard.cell array and then a BKeyboard layout. Everything works just fine except for one only thing:

I can't see the characters on the screen. I can choose them and they appear on the text screen, but I can't see in which character I'm on. Does anybody know why??
Old 06-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

OK, I don't use TiVo's Java SDK, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But I have looked at it enough to know that the text in each keyboard in Bananas is pre-rendered to a single background PNG. (I remember it well, because I thought "WTF?".) I suspect they did it that way to cut down on the number of views needed, although for my own keyboard purposes, I found that I only needed one view per column.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:08 AM   #4
koopa_troopas

Thank you very much. Now it's just like I wanted