TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #2371
Tekzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
Not sure what's causing it, but I had something like this happen and worked around it by running the Abyss web server on the PC and following the information in this post: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...99#post7487199
Grand. The ONLY machine that I keep on all the time that could serve this purpose is my WHS2011 box that also serves up the videos. I can't get it to serve the file, I get some cryptic error message: "HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler." I tried to find a fix, but nothing out there worked and I got tired of messing with it.

I guess I'll stick to restarting the service whenever I want to watch videos. Why can't anything ever be simple??? :/ Thanks for your reply though!
Tekzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #2372
rrr22777

Nearest I can tell all mkv's are failing. Divx and other movie types play fine. Attached is the debug log. I tried increasing -Xmx256m to Xmx512m but dont think that is the problem because it fails as soon as I hit play. Can someone help?
Attached Files
File Type: txt hs_err_pid19822.log.txt (20.2 KB, 10 views)
rrr22777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #2373
DETN8R

Placing a SRT file with an MKV file does not work. Any recommendations?
DETN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #2374
wingnut144

Anyone updating the application?

I'm curious if the original developer or anyone is planning on updating Streambaby?

Anyone have any ideas if something is in the works??
wingnut144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #2375
justrick

Streambaby won't start - "Java not recognized"

Total Streambaby (and TiVo) noob here. Java is definitely installed (I did it manually to make sure), but when I try to run Streambaby, I get a "Java not recognized" error in the DOS window. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
justrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:33 AM   #2376
noseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut144 View Post
I'm curious if the original developer or anyone is planning on updating Streambaby?

Anyone have any ideas if something is in the works??
Just curious, why do you think Streambaby needs updating? I have had no issues with Streambaby in the several years I have been using it on my S3.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #2377
tomm1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseph View Post
Just curious, why do you think Streambaby needs updating? I have had no issues with Streambaby in the several years I have been using it on my S3.
I personally would just like to see HD menu's but other then that see no other issues.
tomm1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #2378
c-collins

Okay what am I doing wrong here:

Here is the message I get when I start it up:

Initializing StreamBaby v0.29...
05/21/11 20:32:38 StreamBabyMain: Unable to rename first-run script.
05/21/11 20:32:38 Listener: added factory
05/21/11 20:32:38 Main: streambaby ready & listening.

Here is my .ini File:
#
# ./streambaby --help for more configuration file options
#

dir.1=C:\Users\Public\Public Tivo Recordings
dir.1.name=Videos

#dir.2=/media/disk
#dir.2.name=External Drive

# Ip address to bind to
# most people don't need to change this.
#ip=192.168.1.37
# port to use
#port=7290
c-collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #2379
wingnut144

Just because there seems to be a lot of unsolved issues on the offical Streambaby site that aren't being addressed.......

I would like to know how to get images (movie covers) to show in the list and/or description of the movies I have on my server...... I can get the meta description and such, but haven't found a way to display the image of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseph View Post

wingnut144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #2380
tomm1079

unless someone takes to updating it i dont think it will be updated.

I would love to see metadata and folder images plus HD menus with it. I dont think we will see it anytime soon unless one of the few guys who still program for tivo do it.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #2381
zeke009
yeap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrick View Post
Total Streambaby (and TiVo) noob here. Java is definitely installed (I did it manually to make sure), but when I try to run Streambaby, I get a "Java not recognized" error in the DOS window. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
You may need to edit the bat file to point to the Java executable. I had to do this for the setup I have on Windows Home Server 2011.

Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"
zeke009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #2382
Rick in LA

I recently took a bedroom Series 2 out of the rotation, replacing it with the former living room Tivo HD which was, in turn, replaced by a new Premiere. Ahhh, the Circle of Life...

Anyhoo, despite renaming the FORMER living room device as "Bedroom" under DVR Preferences, Streambaby continues to see it as "Living room" for push purposes and sees the new Premiere as "Living room(2)."

I can't imagine what else I can do at Tivo.com. Could the problem be on Streambaby's end?
Rick in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #2383
windracer
joined the 10k club

Does the renamed box actually show its new name under System Information? You might need to force a few connections from the TiVo for it to "take" and then restarting streambaby should pick up the new name as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #2384
Rick in LA

Yep, multiple restarts of Tivo and SB sorted it. Thanks.
Rick in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #2385
jctivo

Please help. I had streambaby working for several years and now my tivo won't recognize Streambaby anymore. I don't see the option in the music, videos, menu option.

I have a series 3. I have tried rebooting the computers and tivo but no luck.

I tried tivo desktop as well on a laptop with windows 7 (64 bit) and desktop with vista and that didn't work.

On the new install of streambaby on windows 7 laptop (with eset software), my error is : unable to load ffmepg native libraries

I put streambaby here:
C:\streambaby-0.29

I have this file in that folder: ffmpeg-dist.tar.bz2

I tried unzipping it but no luck.

Is this my problem? Please help.

I did just install dar.fm recently don't know if that screwed anything up or not.

I really need this to work because I put photo music videos of my kids together and that keeps them dancing and busy for 20-40 minutes making my life much easier. Of course, I have tried to put some new ones together and then push them to my tivo but alas, I can't.

PLEASE HELP a parent in need.

I'm a computer programmer but I would easily pay for an app like this as it has in the past made my life so much easier.

thank you in advance,
jctivo

Tivo Concept is the best thing since: Remote Control, Refrigerator & AC
jctivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #2386
moyekj

jctivo, I think you need to install 32-bit JRE (Java) instead of 64-bit as this applications uses 32-bit ffmpeg libraries for making thumbnails.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #2387
jctivo

tried that moyekj

I really appreciate the help.

I installed that new java that you told me to.

Do I need to point it somehow in the .bat file?
@echo off
set LAUNCHDIR="%CD%"
pushd "%~dp0\native"
java -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx256m -Xmx256m -jar "%~dp0/jbin/streambaby.jar" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8
echo Exited.
pause
popd

here is my log:
05/30/11 14:49:52 FFmpegJavaVideoModule: Unable to load FFmpeg native libraries
05/30/11 14:49:53 Listener: added factory
05/30/11 14:49:53 Main: streambaby ready & listening.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #2388
jctivo

I also tried editing the path but no luck in the environment variables

Old 05-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #2389
moyekj

I would suggest now that you have 32 bit java installed, simply unzip streambaby-0.29.zip in a brand new directory. The first time you launch streambaby.bat it should connect and download the ffmpeg binaries it needs under the "native" folder. Then things should work normally. Make sure if you have any firewall active that it is not blocking Java.

Also remember you need to have streambaby.ini edited with at least 1 valid path to where your videos are located. The "#" character is a comment, so you should have dir.1 uncommented and pointing to a valid path on your PC.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #2390
jctivo

thanks

I reinstalled to a new directory on my desktop which worked a week ago and it now works. Thanks! jctivo

PS and the push worked as well so my parenting just got a bunch easier! THANKS!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #2391
KidSquid
HD SQUID

Need Help with Incompatible Video

Hello All -

Hoping someone can shed some light on my challenge. I am new to StreamBaby...old to Tivo.

I installed StreamBaby on a network machine (Win7) and my Tivo's can see and access the directory structure just fine. I have ripped a test DVD "Thomas the Train" for the kiddo using Make MKV on a MAC. The MKV plays fine in PLEX and when I attempt to play it on a networked Tivo via StreamBaby I receive the error message "Incompatible Video Stream".

It was my impression that StreamBaby could read and transcode MKV's to the Tivo...can anyone suggest what I might be overlooking?

Many thanks,

Squid
KidSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #2392
KidSquid
HD SQUID

Solved

I was able to get things working.....

It seems the MKV's I was making on the MAC were not able to be read by StreamBaby on the PC. A little weird I thought.....but when I put StreamBaby in verbose debug mode I saw that StreamBaby could not determine the container type. I assumed that a MKV would be a dual binary and could be viewed accross the different OS's but I guess not.

I installed MakeMKV on the PC...reripped and eveything played as it should.

One question though - is there a way to get metadata for the Rip so I don;t have 12 files 0.mkv, 1.mkv, 2.mkv etc? Is there a way to get title and chapter info?

Thanks,

Squid
Old 06-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #2393
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSquid View Post
I was able to get things working.....

It seems the MKV's I was making on the MAC were not able to be read by StreamBaby on the PC. A little weird I thought.....but when I put StreamBaby in verbose debug mode I saw that StreamBaby could not determine the container type. I assumed that a MKV would be a dual binary and could be viewed accross the different OS's but I guess not.

I installed MakeMKV on the PC...reripped and eveything played as it should.

One question though - is there a way to get metadata for the Rip so I don;t have 12 files 0.mkv, 1.mkv, 2.mkv etc? Is there a way to get title and chapter info?

Thanks,

Squid
Are you ripping from a dvd? If so, rip to one large vob and then do the conversion. Mp4 would be better than mkv as it will stream to the tivo without transcoding. If this does not answer your question, what are the '12 files' ?

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #2394
KidSquid
HD SQUID

Quote:
Are you ripping from a dvd?
Yes...

Quote:
If so, rip to one large vob and then do the conversion.
If I do this will I have DVD Menu's I will need to navigate?

Quote:
Mp4 would be better than mkv as it will stream to the tivo without transcoding
What effect will this have on quality....expecially on Blu-Ray?

Quote:
what are the '12 files'
I believe the 12 files are the chapters of content from the DVD. What brought me to this point is MakeMKV just titles the files 0-12.mkv so by looking at the filenames you get no idea of what you are going to get when you play. I guess I could open each up watch and rename but I was hoping there would be some kind of metadata lookup....should I be looking at another option?

Thanks for your help from a fellow Houstonian!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #2395
tomm1079

Ok i love streambaby. I prefer it over the other solutions cause it allows me to stream files (i dont like moving files to my Tivo if i can avoid it). I have all my files sitting on a Windows home server and i just discovered last night that i can add metadata and get it to show up in Streambaby. I got normal metadata to show up using metagenerator but then i found this:

# Added metadata parsing. Metadata is displayed on "Play" screen and when pressing the info button while playing

* Metadata is looked for in the form "filename.mpg.xxx" where xxx the metadata extension.
* Metadata is looked for in the same directory of the video file, or in a subdirectory of the directory where the main file is called .meta
* Metadata supported:
* .txt files- Either a pyTivo metadata file or a standard txt file (autodetected)
* .html
* .xml
* .gif, .png, .jpg: Use as straight images. New config property info.preserveaspect=true to control if img is allowed to be stretched

This leads me to believe i can add images also. I tried an images as filename.jpg and folder.jpg in the same folder as the MKV but it didnt show up anywhere. What do i need to do to get the image to show up in streambaby.

Thanks,
Old 06-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #2396
tomm1079

How to get metadata images working in streambaby

I wanted to post this since i had to dig deep for this. Special thanks to dlfl for putting me on the correct path in the other thread.

Here is a WORKING txt file for streambaby metadata. This is a metagenerator file that just has an image : tag added.

Note: The image tag must be all lowercase and you need a space before and after the colon. I have the text file and the movie file in the same directory so i just needed to add:

image : Expendables.jpg

Code:
title : The Expendables
movieYear : 2010
description : Barney (Sylvester Stallone) leads a ragtag band of hired guns charged with overthrowing a South American despot, a job no official military unit is willing to touch. But once on the ground, the team learns there's more to the mission than they were told. Their next move determines whether they survive -- or are, indeed, expendable. Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Jet Li round out a stellar cast.
isEpisode : false
starRating : x5
mpaaRating : R4
vProgramGenre : Action & Adventure
vProgramGenre : Action Thrillers
vProgramGenre : Military Action & Adventure
vDirector : Sylvester Stallone
vActor : Sylvester Stallone
vActor : Jason Statham
vActor : Jet Li
vActor : Dolph Lundgren
vActor : Eric Roberts
vActor : Randy Couture
vActor : Steve Austin
vActor : David Zayas
vActor : Giselle Iti
vActor : Charisma Carpenter
vActor : Gary Daniels
vActor : Terry Crews
vActor : Mickey Rourke
image  : Expendables.jpg
Hope this helps! Now to try to get a metagenerator that also does images!

Last edited by tomm1079 : 07-01-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #2397
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm1079 View Post
Nice. In "pyTivoMetaThis", would adding something like this work?

Code:
if "cover" in movie.keys():
    <do something>
I was looking at imdbpy, and saw that "key" that refers to "cover url". The <do something> above would most likely be a http file request.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #2398
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm1079 View Post
I wanted to post this since i had to dig deep for this. Special thanks to dlfl for putting me on the correct path in the other thread.

Here is a WORKING txt file for streambaby metadata. This is a metagenerator file that just has an image : tag added.

[Note: The image tag must be all lowercase] and you need a space before and after the colon. I have the text file and the movie file in the same directory so i just needed to add:

image : Expendables.jpg

And thank you, tomm1079 ! I wasted a lot of time trying to get this to work and then finally noticed the part in your post about the image tag having to be all lower case, which was what I had wrong. I swear I've seen it specified as being capitalized several places in this thread!

I've been playing with the MetaGenerator code and it's trivially easy to dump JPG (or other image formats if preferable) files of the cover art it retrieves. I haven't been able to contact the program's primary author yet, but I think there will be a revised version one way or another.

What I will program unless someone has other suggestions is the meta image will be a JPG created in the same folder as the video (with the pyTivo metadata file) with the name <video>.<ext>.jpg and the appropriate image tag line will be included in the pyTivo metadata file. This will be an option -- operation without the image stuff will still be there.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #2399
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Frak. I've commented on "gmd's python metadata generator", while I think you guys have been talking about MasterCephus' "MetaGenerator Version 2".

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #2400
rmassey
Damn, these are fun!

Newbie here, sorry I have not read all 80 pages of this post yet....

I have SB installed and working, but it sees all my .mkv files as folders and then reports 'No entries in this directory'. .avi and .mpg seem to play fine, but not .mkvs.

Did I miss a basic setting to configure use with .mkv files?
rmassey is offline   Reply With Quote