TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #3151
innocentfreak

Hmm ok. So I guess this also means there would be no way to insert it into the text file manually. TiVo does seem to store that info locally via the episode guide so I wonder if there is some pointer that TiVo uses so it knows what season and episode it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #3152
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Hmm ok. So I guess this also means there would be no way to insert it into the text file manually. TiVo does seem to store that info locally via the episode guide so I wonder if there is some pointer that TiVo uses so it knows what season and episode it is.
There is episodeNumber field which is sometimes available for XML data for a show that is included in the metadata file when available. This number typically represents both season and episode. i.e. 108 means season 1 episode 8. I think pyTivo pulls may use it but not pyTivo pushes. (In SDUI this number is shown in Now Playing list for a show when available, not sure if HDUI uses it though since I rarely use HDUI).
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #3153
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I have a suggestion for KMTTG, currently the progress bar is right next to the 'Cancel Job' button. Do you think its possible to move it to the actual job on the list, then there can be a progress bar for each job (transfers on each box).

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #3154
ACraigL

Custom Genres Based on Show Types

Due to a new media management tool (Media Monkey), I have a need to set a specific genre based on if the recording is a TV show or not. Basically, I want to add 'TV Show;' to the genre meta data.

I have no problem using atomic parsely to add, but not sure how to conditionally do it based on the show name, length, etc.

Any idea how I might accomplish this? ...Discern between a TV (episodic) show and Movie? Because I only have access to a single custom file, I suppose I would need some 'if contains' logic in the batch file, but my batch scripting skills are a bit lacking lately...

Thoughts?
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #3155
NYHeel

I had kmttg installed and working well on my laptop but I just got a desktop and I'm having one issue with the installation. kmttg can't seem to create the config.ini file. It keeps giving me the error Problem writing to config file: C:\Program Files\kmttg\config.ini.

I don't have a config file in the directory so all of the settings are resetting themselves every time I restart kmttg. I figure this may have something to do with my permissions but I don't know what to change or how to change it. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit though I'm using a 32 bit version of java.

Thanks for the help.
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #3156
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHeel View Post
I had kmttg installed and working well on my laptop but I just got a desktop and I'm having one issue with the installation. kmttg can't seem to create the config.ini file. It keeps giving me the error Problem writing to config file: C:\Program Files\kmttg\config.ini.

I don't have a config file in the directory so all of the settings are resetting themselves every time I restart kmttg. I figure this may have something to do with my permissions but I don't know what to change or how to change it. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit though I'm using a 32 bit version of java.

Thanks for the help.
Install in some other location than "c:\Program Files" which has tightened permissions in Win7/Vista.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #3157
ACraigL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACraigL View Post
Due to a new media management tool (Media Monkey), I have a need to set a specific genre based on if the recording is a TV show or not. Basically, I want to add 'TV Show;' to the genre meta data.

I have no problem using atomic parsely to add, but not sure how to conditionally do it based on the show name, length, etc.

Any idea how I might accomplish this? ...Discern between a TV (episodic) show and Movie? Because I only have access to a single custom file, I suppose I would need some 'if contains' logic in the batch file, but my batch scripting skills are a bit lacking lately...

Thoughts?
I got it working via a DOS batch script! In my custom file, I have:

Code:
@echo off
echo %1% | find " - "

if errorlevel 1 goto :not-found

:found
D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe %1 --artist "TiVo" --albumArtist "TiVo" --album "%~n1" --comment "TiVo" --genre "TV Show" --overWrite
goto :end

:not-found
D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe %1 --artist "TiVo" --albumArtist "TiVo" --album "%~n1" --comment "TiVo" --overWrite

:end
del D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\*.txt
move D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\*.m4v \\HTPC-FR\iPodVideo\
exit
Basically, this assumes that any filename (the input) that contains " - " is a tv show and not a movie (the dash is the delimiter between show and episode). If it gets found, it inserts the extra genre atom via AtomicParsley. If not it inserts without it.

I have some other cleanup and move commands after that.

I tested each show type and it's working well so far.
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:08 AM   #3158
Joshua Mars

Error I dont understand

I keep getting the following error I dont understand.

Transient problem: HTTP error.

Hope someone can help out there.

Thanks in advance.
Joshua Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #3159
moyekj

Reboot your TiVo and make sure you are not using TS downloads setting in kmttg.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #3160
bob61

Totally frustrating. The transfer starts, gets all the way to the end and then in the final bytes it ends up with a failure.

0 31 0 4185M 0 0 2842k 0 --:--:-- 0:25:07 --:--:-- 797k
0 31 0 4185M 0 0 2840k 0 --:--:-- 0:25:08 --:--:-- 175k
0 31 0 4185M 0 0 2839k 0 --:--:-- 0:25:09 --:--:-- 2600
0 31 0 4185M 0 0 2837k 0 --:--:-- 0:25:10 --:--:-- 2559
0 31 0 4185M 0 0 2836k 0 --:--:-- 0:25:10 --:--:-- 2596
curl: (56) Received problem 2 in the chunky parser

The program then deletes the file, wasting what is probably a good file given how far along in the download it was.

Any ideas on how to get past this? I've rebooted my Tivo and Tivo Web Server and still get error.

Last edited by bob61 : 05-28-2011 at 01:05 PM.
bob61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #3161
moyekj

It's probably a corrupted program. Use your web browser to download that particular show instead, then even if it errors out the partial download should still be available.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #3162
bob61

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
It's probably a corrupted program. Use your web browser to download that particular show instead, then even if it errors out the partial download should still be available.
I've tried 6 different programs (all the same show, different episodes) all terminate right at the end. I'll try to download via browser and see how that goes - thanks!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #3163
bob61

Seems the problem is related to HD programs. All SD programs download without a problem, but the HD transfers and then terminates at the end, causing the entire transfer to be deleted. Am I missing something about transferring HD programs?
Old 05-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #3164
moyekj

You do have enough disk space in download drive right? HD programs obviously require a lot more space than SD ones. If that's not it can you download with web browser successfully?

Old 05-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #3165
Stuxnet
Alien Infidel

After running kmttg's Ad Cut on a large (5GB) decrypted mpg file, I get about 1GB into the encode step and then a popup saying mplayer has crashed... next, kmttg locks up with a parsing error. I'm running Win7-64, fwiw...

Is there a file size limit I'm unaware of with either Ad Cut or the subsequent encode? Or a setting I've overlooked?
Stuxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #3166
bob61

Quote:
You do have enough disk space in download drive right? HD programs obviously require a lot more space than SD ones. If that's not it can you download with web browser successfully?
Plenty of space, 250+GB. Transfer through browser was extremely slow so I aborted that approach. I did transfer 30 shows that were in SD without any problem, so not sure why the issue with these shows (9 different recordings tried).
Old 05-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #3167
vectorcatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob61 View Post
Seems the problem is related to HD programs. All SD programs download without a problem, but the HD transfers and then terminates at the end, causing the entire transfer to be deleted. Am I missing something about transferring HD programs?
Are you doing this with the same HD file? Technically the TiVo is remuxing the file into MPEG-PS on the fly and I have had files in the past that were glitched and could not be downloaded from the TiVo.

I have found 2 fixes for this in the past.

If you have multiple TiVos you can attempt to cut that file through MRV. You do this by pausing where you think the problem is and transferring from the pause point to the other TiVo and then downloading from that TiVo.

If you have a premiere: download using MPEG-TS (this way the TiVo doesn't remux). However, this is really only useful if you have videoredo and can decrypt with it instead of tivodecode (tivodecode TS support is very spotty).

When I started downloading a lot videoredo became a very good investment.
vectorcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #3168
vectorcatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuxnet View Post
After running kmttg's Ad Cut on a large (5GB) decrypted mpg file, I get about 1GB into the encode step and then a popup saying mplayer has crashed... next, kmttg locks up with a parsing error. I'm running Win7-64, fwiw...

Is there a file size limit I'm unaware of with either Ad Cut or the subsequent encode? Or a setting I've overlooked?
mencoder is not particularly good at dealing with "glitched" mpeg 2 files. You probably are having a problem when it gets to that specific part of the file. If an mpeg2 file has an inconsistenty in the stream (a wild shift in apsect ratio, dropped frames, etc.) mencoder will just crash most of the time. The worst part is that you may not even see these glitches when watching as video as most good decoders will hide them from you.

This used to happen to me all the time with it with HD files. I had these problems more on Comcast, while a friend of mine on FIOS rarely saw anything like it. I ended up buying videoredo which solved those issues, I initially was using it for Quick Stream Fix and then starting justusing it for adcut as a whole (note: I know I trumpeted it 2 posts in a row, but I swear I have nothing to do with videoredo other than owning a license).
vectorcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #3169
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuxnet View Post

Agree with previous poster. If you have VideoRedo setup with kmttg it will be used instead of mencoder to make the cuts and is a lot more reliable at doing so. Plus you also have opportunity to review and correct detected commercials as part of the flow as well if you wish.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #3170
Stuxnet
Alien Infidel

Thanks for the responses. Yes I guess I'll relent and look at VideoRedo as I can't process HD programming w/o commercials.
Stuxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #3171
wireman121

Looks like Tivo Premieres (at least) can delete shows on other TiVo Premieres... does that mean kmttg should be able to do the same? As in, download a show, process it, push it back to the TiVo and delete the original?
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #3172
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
Looks like Tivo Premieres (at least) can delete shows on other TiVo Premieres... does that mean kmttg should be able to do the same? As in, download a show, process it, push it back to the TiVo and delete the original?
No, see:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...78#post8532078

Old 06-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #3173
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I assume the new deletion method is an extension of the HMO (Calypso) protocol, rather than something that uses the iPad interface. (It's simpler that way.) But yeah, the traffic is encrypted.

I've suggested elsewhere that it's worth experimenting, but I haven't done that yet myself. I actually would be reluctant to add deletion to pyTivo even if the mechanism were known.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #3174
moyekj

Remote delete does not seem to be using HMO from what I can tell (it's not using https). It looks to be more like the iPad delete method. Also the implementation seems somewhat brain dead in that you can press "clear" on remote on a non-Premiere unit and the display which actually remove the show from the screen but of course doesn't actually remove from the unit.

However works well Premiere/Premiere for a single show at a time (folder delete doesn't work) so no complaints here that finally at least that capability is now in place.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #3175
cburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
Ok I did a few test runs and that will work.

On another note what encode setting do people like to use? I would like to reduce original size of file and still have good video quality. Say a 1/2 show is 2gb I would like to try to cut it down to say 1gb ish range and still keep the video quality.
Lately I notice on my autotransfers the encoded files end up back in the .Tivo Output Dir even though I have the Encode Output Dir setup to a mapped network drive.

If I run a file manually it seems to work OK.
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #3176
moyekj

Quote:
Lately I notice on my autotransfers the encoded files end up back in the .Tivo Output Dir even though I have the Encode Output Dir setup to a mapped network drive.

If I run a file manually it seems to work OK.
If running service mode then it's probably because in service mode you don't have access to network drive.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #3177
cburbs

Quote:
If running service mode then it's probably because in service mode you don't have access to network drive.
Is there a way to make that work?
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #3178
moyekj

Quote:
Not sure. If you are using a volume name for the network drive try using UNC (\\server\path format) instead in kmttg configuration. Also you may want to search for "UNC" in this thread as I think there's been topics along these lines before.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:32 AM   #3179
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Quote:
Set the Service to run under your credentials.

Start > Run > Services.msc > right-click the kmttg service > Properties > Log On tab > select "This Account" instead of "Local System Account" > provide your username and password > click OK.

I have both kmttg and pyTivo setup to run under my account, and use UNC paths extensively. Well, not so much for kmttg, but in a lot of other areas.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #3180
rayik

Just spent hours before I could finally get the kmttg service running on Windows 7. Neither Google nor searching this thread was of much help. Here's the problem and the solution.

The kmttg service would start and then stop. It did not matter which Log On was used for the service. The solution was to first configure an auto transfer in the GUI. Until that was done, the kmttg service would stop with an ERROR - which was not shown in the status window of the GUI.

Trouble shooting steps before figuring out this solution: In the services.msc CP I tried "Log On" settings which included "Local System Account" with unchecked "Allow service to interact with desktop." Also tried starting it under the logged on windows user account.

Windows event viewer showed this error:

"The kmttg service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly."

Google searching that windows error showed that interactive services were not allowed in Windows 7 or Vista (unlike XP or 2003 which allowed them). Only workaround found was to uncheck "Allow service to interact with desktop" in the services property. However that did not fix it. Same error kept happening. Kmttg service would start and then stop with the same error in the windows error reporting service.

Finally I looked at kmttg log file auto.log.o which gave the solution to the problem:

STARTING AUTO TRANSFERS
ERROR: No auto keywords setup
ERROR: no keywords defined in [install path]\auto.ini... aborting
EXITING BATCH MODE

Probably should have looked at ktmmg log file first. However, the wiki noted only that interactive log on should be unchecked. It did not mention setting up an auto transfer before starting the service. Perhaps the wiki should be tweaked to mention that.

This is an excellent program. I only wish I learned of it years ago.
rayik is offline   Reply With Quote