TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quick clear progress bar code doesn't work on the Premiere?

Select / Play / Select / Pause / Select

Does nothing on the premiere. The 30 second skip code works, and the time code works.

Anyone else get it to work for them? This is a huge deal for me as I hate to see the progress bar on play or pause.

b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
r11roadster
High templar

same here this kind of pisses me off
r11roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
TrueTurbo

You know the clear key gets rid of the progress bar immediately, right?
TrueTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
Goober96

It only works in the SDUI. Go to the SDUI and activate Quick Clear, then you can switch back to the HDUI and it will stay.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
r11roadster
High templar

Tried that and it rebooted. guess it's a quick reboot code now
r11roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTurbo View Post
You know the clear key gets rid of the progress bar immediately, right?
why would i want an extra button press?

figured out the SDUI thing and then read it here.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
Mark Wilden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober96 View Post
It only works in the SDUI. Go to the SDUI and activate Quick Clear, then you can switch back to the HDUI and it will stay.
I'm not having any luck with this. I've switched to the SDUI. Then I watch live TV and pause it. Then I do Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select. When I hit Play in that sequence, it just starts playing.

I know I used to have to clear the Pause ad to get this to work, but I don't have any Pause ad.

Any suggestions?

adthanksvance
Mark Wilden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #8
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Play a pre-recorded show from the My Shows list, and then try the code.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
etz

I just re-enabled the quickclear code this morning on my Premiere after the 14.8 update reboot reset it for me last night. Worked fine. I use SDUI, and I did it while a pre-recorded program was playing.
etz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #10
moyekj

Works fine for me on both my Premieres (both now with 14.8). This is one of the most essential SPS codes to enable IMO as I don't like unsolicited overlays in general and this has added bonus of effectively eliminating pause ads.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #11
Mark Wilden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wilden View Post
I'm not having any luck with this. I've switched to the SDUI. Then I watch live TV and pause it. Then I do Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select. When I hit Play in that sequence, it just starts playing.

I know I used to have to clear the Pause ad to get this to work, but I don't have any Pause ad.
This is rather ironic. I did some more searching and found a message that gave me the answer. The problem was that this was a new TiVo and it hadn't completely downloaded, so I didn't even have the pause commercials, and apparently you need them to use this code.

The previous message said that manually connecting to the TiVo service fixed the problem, so the solutions were similar.

The person who wrote that earlier message? Me.
Mark Wilden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

How to Hide the Progress Bar

Here's how I was able to activate the undocumented feature that automatically hides the green progress bar during fast-forward, rewind, skip, and pause. It worked even after a TiVo service update disabled the Pause Menu.

While playing a recorded program or watching live TV, activate the Channel Banner by pressing Right until just the banner is shown without the extra transparent info frame then press Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select before the banner disappears in about 4 seconds.

The channel banner is only needed to activate the SPSPS code, not to de-activate it.

I've only tested this method on a Series 2 TiVo and would like to know if it worked reliably for others.
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #13
b_scott
TiVo Fan

THANK YOU!

My box just updated and wouldn't show any ads on pause, which previously was the only way I could get the code to work (pause, clear ad, then do the code). It worked when I used your method
Old 12-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
LoveOvit

Exclamation Workaround on 14.9.2.2

Workaround on 14.9.2.2 which I have verified:
Find an older archived show that you can get to display the banner ads on the playbar. You may have to play it for a few minutes and keep pressing the pause button to see if you can trigger them again. Once you see them, press down, and then play, and use the Code as before when all shows had the banner ads.

Now, no matter what show you are playing, the playbar quickly disappears without needing to enable it on every show separately, as before, as all new programming has no ads on the playbar. Even better than before!

Make sure whatever show you used to see the ads (which are saved with the program) you mark as SAVE UNTIL I DELETE so you can keep using it, if it is necessary after reboots!
LoveOvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
moyekj

Easier workaround: Play a video under Showcases and then you can enter the SPS code without trouble.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #16
LoveOvit

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Easier workaround: Play a video under Showcases and then you can enter the SPS code without trouble.
Are you on 14.9.2.2 ?
No new programming, including Showcases, under 14.9.2.2 has a banner anymore. The banner is still necessary to get the SPS code to enable the Superfast clearing of the Playbar/Timeline. The only place you will still find the banner is in previously recorded programming which was recorded when the banner still existed.

If you are on 14.8, you should still be seeing banner ads on all programming, which means you can use the SPS code as soon as you turn off the banner ad by pressing Down, and you must do it for every show.

Under 14.9.2.2 which is only 25% rolled out across the US, if you can turn on the superfast clearing of the playbar, using the method I cited, it is universal, and only needs to be done ONCE until the next reboot.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #17
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOvit View Post
Are you on 14.9.2.2 ?
No new programming, including Showcases, under 14.9.2.2 has a banner anymore. The banner is still necessary to get the SPS code to enable the Superfast clearing of the Playbar/Timeline. The only place you will still find the banner is in previously recorded programming which was recorded when the banner still existed.

If you are on 14.8, you should still be seeing banner ads on all programming, which means you can use the SPS code as soon as you turn off the banner ad by pressing Down, and you must do it for every show.

Under 14.9.2.2 which is only 25% rolled out across the US, if you can turn on the superfast clearing of the playbar, using the method I cited, it is universal, and only needs to be done ONCE until the next reboot.
No, Showcases don't need the pause banner which is why they make a good workaround including for 14.9.2.2. Simply start playing a Showcase video and enter SPSPS and there you have it.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:15 AM   #18
LoveOvit

Quote:
No, Showcases don't need the pause banner which is why they make a good workaround including for 14.9.2.2. Simply start playing a Showcase video and enter SPSPS and there you have it.
That is good to know. I stand corrected. Thank you for the clarification. I'll try it after the next reboot. I am so happy to have mine all working the way I want them to now, that I don't want to risk it just yet. So glad I am not the only one who really likes this feature! It's what sets TiVo apart from the TW DVR's! Clean interface for super users! Can you confirm that it does not survive a reboot, unlike the 30 second commercial skip?

Last edited by LoveOvit : 12-20-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #19
LoveOvit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
Select / Play / Select / Pause / Select

Does nothing on the premiere. The 30 second skip code works, and the time code works.

Anyone else get it to work for them? This is a huge deal for me as I hate to see the progress bar on play or pause.

So glad we have workarounds now! Team work!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOvit View Post
That is good to know. Thank you for the clarification. I'll try it after the next reboot. I am so happy to have mine all working the way I want them to now, that I don't want to risk it just yet. So glad I am not the only one who really likes this feature! It's what sets TiVo apart from the TW DVR's! Clean interface for super users! Can you confirm that it does not survive a reboot, unlike the 30 second commercial skip?
Yes, does not survive a reboot. To me it's the most obvious sign that there has been a reboot when I start using trick functions and the overlays don't clear quickly. 30SS is only SPS code that does survive a reboot AFAIK.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #21
b_scott
TiVo Fan

^this
Old 12-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #22
LoveOvit

Quote:
Yes, does not survive a reboot. To me it's the most obvious sign that there has been a reboot when I start using trick functions and the overlays don't clear quickly. 30SS is only SPS code that does survive a reboot AFAIK.
Thanks again, moyekj! Keep up the good work! Glad you have our backs!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #23
b_scott
TiVo Fan

alright, so now I don't know how to do this with the new guide UI.... It does clear faster and look nicer now, but if you want it to disappear as you're FF/RW, then you can't get that.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #24
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
alright, so now I don't know how to do this with the new guide UI.... It does clear faster and look nicer now, but if you want it to disappear as you're FF/RW, then you can't get that.
Entering SPSPS while playing back a Showcase video still works fine for me.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #25
b_scott
TiVo Fan

thanks, i'll try that...... now to figure out what a showcase video is...
Old 02-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #26
portmon

SPSPS quick clear progress bar broken for good?

I tried everything, going to Showcase (appears to be gone now), switching to SD menus, re-entering the key sequence multiple times... I can't get the quick clear of the progress bar to work anymore. I use this to FF through sports events and keep an eye on the score (covered by the progress bar) to see where I want to stop the FF.

Anyone have a fix for this that works?
portmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #27
LoveOvit

SPSPS quick clear progress bar broken for good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by portmon View Post
I tried everything, going to Showcase (appears to be gone now), switching to SD menus, re-entering the key sequence multiple times... I can't get the quick clear of the progress bar to work anymore. I use this to FF through sports events and keep an eye on the score (covered by the progress bar) to see where I want to stop the FF.

Anyone have a fix for this that works?
Exact same issue here, after multiple TiVo reboots, needed to recover channels lost due to TW tuning adapter problems. Showcase munu option no longer contains any Showcases!!!! No commercials on the play bar any more either, which was the original workaround. Help!!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #28
moyekj

Yes without pause ads or Showcase videos I have not found any other way to get SPSPS working. Both my units have rebooted fairly recently so now I get the very annoying overlays when using trick functions - it's so annoying to have to press Clear button all the time now. Wish they could just provide an official option for this.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #29
LoveOvit

Quote:
Yes without pause ads or Showcase videos I have not found any other way to get SPSPS working. Both my units have rebooted fairly recently so now I get the very annoying overlays when using trick functions - it's so annoying to have to press Clear button all the time now. Wish they could just provide an official option for this.
Just spoke to TiVo and they are not aware that Showcase Videos are missing but will be following up with me at 4:30pm today...They are suggesting that a home network connection issue is preventing the Showcases and pause ads from showing up. They are also recommending setting up static IP addresses for the TiVo's, which should more reliably keep the TiVo network connection...

Is everyone now suddenly missing Showcase videos and pause ads?

Showcase menus are still listed in the HD and SD main menus, but no Showcase videos exist under the them, when the menu option for Showcases is selected, on any of my 3 TiVos (2 Premiere XL and one HD XL).
Old 02-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #30
moyekj

Yes I have Showcases showing up but there are no videos available to select on either of my 2 Premieres. I haven't seen Pause Ads in a long, long time so I think they got rid of those.

For a long while they had a Showcase Video on TiVo Premiere. I wish they just permanently had such a video available under Showcases - it doesn't cost them anything to leave it there and it's not like they are out of squares such that occupying a square is a problem.

Last edited by moyekj : 02-24-2012 at 05:08 PM.