TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #3121
jbernardis

I've also moved to transcoding things into MP4/H264/AC3 as it makes pushing better. I'm starting to re-evaluate this decision, however. Many new set top boxes - specifically blu ray players - say they only support MP4/H264/AAC. My understanding is that AC3 in an MP4 container is kind of non-standard. It wasn't until relatively recently that my PS3 supported this combination.

The problem is that there is no real alternative. AAC audio is a bit of a compromise, and other formats eliminate the tivo advantage.

So I guess for no I'll stay where I am. I'm hoping that the blu-ray vendors eventually support the format with their streaming and then I can have the best of both worlds.
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #3122
stern_howie

Hi

I had to rebuild my PC and guess what...no backup of a custom profile :-(

Browsing through the thread and searching has yielded me little, does anyone have a profile for encoding SD to avi or xvid,divx? my memory is rusty and 'she who must be obeyed' is expecting some files soon.

I will do better next time or at the very least have a BACKUP!

thanks
stern_howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #3123
waynomo
My One Time

Hi,

I recorded a SD program on my TiVo HD. I transferred it and decrypted using KMTTG. I now have a file with an MPG extension.

I wanted a friend to watch this file. He downloaded from my server, but gets an error message when he tries to watch it.

Do I need to do something else for him to watch it?
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #3124
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Hi,

I recorded a SD program on my TiVo HD. I transferred it and decrypted using KMTTG. I now have a file with an MPG extension.

I wanted a friend to watch this file. He downloaded from my server, but gets an error message when he tries to watch it.

Do I need to do something else for him to watch it?
It's possible that the friend doesn't have the AC3 codec. Running the mpg file through ffmpeg, indicating an audio codec of mp2 or mp3 may do the trick:

Code:
ffmpeg -i "source.mpg" -vcodec copy -acodec libmp3lame "target.mpg"
The above is untested, so you may need to add audio codec specifications like -ab to set a compatible audio bitrate...

Edit: I'm not sure if "mp3" is an acceptable codec specification, so I changed it to "libmp3lame" after doing some googling.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #3125
waynomo
My One Time

Thank you orangeboy!

Your diagnosis sounds correct. I suspect they don't have the AC3 codec.

I am admittedly a neophyte when working with video files. I have just done the very basics and never worked with ffmpeg using the command line before. This opened up a whole new world for me.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #3126
kamakazie_1

Good afternoon Newbie question

I'm teary eyed from all of the reading on the subject and I finally found this post but I have a couple of newbie questions..

I have a DTivo Series 1 reciever (Sony SAT60), I recently bought the cache card and Drive upgrade for it and have it attached to my home network with the TIVOWebPlus running on it. It is a Direct TV TIVO unit though and I can't find the MAK number to enter in the startup box on the kmttg software.

Will this app not work for me? And if it will where do I find this number?

RJ
kamakazie_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #3127
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazie_1 View Post
I'm teary eyed from all of the reading on the subject and I finally found this post but I have a couple of newbie questions..

I have a DTivo Series 1 reciever (Sony SAT60), I recently bought the cache card and Drive upgrade for it and have it attached to my home network with the TIVOWebPlus running on it. It is a Direct TV TIVO unit though and I can't find the MAK number to enter in the startup box on the kmttg software.

Will this app not work for me? And if it will where do I find this number?

RJ
No. This only works for series 2 or later units. I believe there are tytools available for those older DTivo units for getting shows off the unit.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #3128
wireman121

We need a total kmttg/pytivo forum this thread is getting way long! - That being said, I need to add a question to the mix:

I have latest versions of everything, and I seem to be having a consistent issue with the same program. I have TiVo set to record House MD on Monday nights in HD on Fox. KMTTG is set up to auto pull it, decrypt it, ad detect, ad cut, and push back to the Tivo through PyTivo.

ONLY with House I am experiencing a issue where when I play it, the little bar at the bottom of the screen only shows green for the first 3 minutes. It will play through the entire 42 minutes of show, but if I try to FF or REW it will skip back to the 3 minutes as if it cant determine the actual length of the show. I'm not experiencing this with any other programs, but consistently every week house causes it.

Any suggestions?
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #3129
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireman121 View Post
We need a total kmttg/pytivo forum this thread is getting way long! - That being said, I need to add a question to the mix:

I have latest versions of everything, and I seem to be having a consistent issue with the same program. I have TiVo set to record House MD on Monday nights in HD on Fox. KMTTG is set up to auto pull it, decrypt it, ad detect, ad cut, and push back to the Tivo through PyTivo.

ONLY with House I am experiencing a issue where when I play it, the little bar at the bottom of the screen only shows green for the first 3 minutes. It will play through the entire 42 minutes of show, but if I try to FF or REW it will skip back to the 3 minutes as if it cant determine the actual length of the show. I'm not experiencing this with any other programs, but consistently every week house causes it.

Any suggestions?
Do you have VideoRedo? Sounds like you need to run a QuickStream Fix on the video before cutting it. Sometimes the timestamps get messed up and you can see seek issues like you are describing.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #3130
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
We need a total kmttg/pytivo forum this thread is getting way long!
There is actually a pyTivo forum:

http://pytivo.sf.net/forum/

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #3131
wireman121

sorry forgot to mention, it is running qsfix as well...
Old 05-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #3132
wireman121

wmcbrine sound like a kmttg prob or a pytivo prob?
Old 05-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #3133
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

From your description, pyTivo is just passing it through as-is. However, it's possible that you could fix it on the pyTivo side, by forcing it to remux.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #3134
wireman121

well im kind of interested in also finding the cause of the problem since its always with House...what would be necessary to force the remux?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #3135
KLINK

Quote:

Any suggestions?
I have the same problem.

If I record the same episode a few weeks later from USA Network, I don't have the problem but USA will cut 30 sec. or more from the program get another ad in.

If I run the file through QSF for the SECOND time AFTER I have saved ad detect file, I get the entire 42 min.
KLINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #3136
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
well im kind of interested in also finding the cause of the problem since its always with House...what would be necessary to force the remux?
Put a line in the metadata file like so:

Override_container: foo

Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #3137
Martin Tupper
Pontiff Emeritus

I'm running kmttg in Linux. I've got VideoReDo working via WINE. However, there's no option to use VideoReDo in kmttg when running Linux.

Is there any way to enable the VideoReDo options in linux?
Martin Tupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #3138
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Tupper View Post
I'm running kmttg in Linux. I've got VideoReDo working via WINE. However, there's no option to use VideoReDo in kmttg when running Linux.

Is there any way to enable the VideoReDo options in linux?
No. All the VRD batch jobs use Windows "wscript" COM jobs to run VRD (the scripts in the VRDscripts folder of kmttg installation), so even if you can get the GUI to run with Wine in Linux that is not sufficient to run VRD COM scripts from Linux.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #3139
caddyroger

Using kmttg vop7u-beta. I have it set do videoredo qs fix. In the configuration page I have it set to delete the tivo files plus have set to go to a separate folder. When using it manual mode it works ok but it does not in auto-mode it does not. I do not see any in the auto configuration page. Are there a way to get the tivo files deleted or go to a separate folder.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #3140
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
Using kmttg vop7u-beta. I have it set do videoredo qs fix. In the configuration page I have it set to delete the tivo files plus have set to go to a separate folder. When using it manual mode it works ok but it does not in auto-mode it does not. I do not see any in the auto configuration page. Are there a way to get the tivo files deleted or go to a separate folder.
Should work same way. Check the auto log to see if there is something going wrong perhaps with qsfix runs.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #3141
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Should work same way. Check the auto log to see if there is something going wrong perhaps with qsfix runs.

Ok
Old 05-20-2011, 01:36 AM   #3142
caddyroger

Quote:

I reinstalled v0p7t and it working ok now. Thanks
Old 05-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #3143
lrhorer

Quote:
No. This only works for series 2 or later units. I believe there are tytools available for those older DTivo units for getting shows off the unit.
Funny you should mention that! I was just about to post a request concerning this. What is the probability of convincing you to add a module to kmttg that will allow those of us with tserver or mfs_ftp installed on our TiVos to pull the data via one of those utilities? Not only would this allow those of us who still have S1 TiVos to make use of kmttg, but those utilities are much, much faster than the TTG mechanism.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #3144
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
Funny you should mention that! I was just about to post a request concerning this. What is the probability of convincing you to add a module to kmttg that will allow those of us with tserver or mfs_ftp installed on our TiVos to pull the data via one of those utilities? Not only would this allow those of us who still have S1 TiVos to make use of kmttg, but those utilities are much, much faster than the TTG mechanism.
Sorry, no interest on my part in doing it.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #3145
Joshua Mars

Problem

Anyone else have issues in the last day with the program.
Joshua Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #3146
innocentfreak

Does this mean we might have a new remote deletion feature for the future?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=469999

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #3147
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Does this mean we might have a new remote deletion feature for the future?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=469999
If it is similar to or using same technique as the ipad deletion (which I would guess is the case) that means it is SSL encrypted and hasn't quite been cracked yet. kmttg already has GUI interface for show deletion for those with hacked TiVos running TWP, so it wouldn't be much more effort to add alternate delete method if/when that is figured out.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #3148
innocentfreak

One other thing I would be interested in and I don't know if I have asked before, would it be possible to offer an option just to see all shows in one list?

I find sometimes I use KMTTG to check and see what TiVo has a certain show and it would be nice if I could just look at a master list of all my recordings on my TiVos rather than tab for each TiVo. Maybe something that auto refreshes every 20 minutes or so in case someone deletes a recording.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #3149
innocentfreak

My search seems to turn up nothing, and I had a quick question.

The Premiere on the show page displays Season 1 Episode 20 for example on the Event. When I transfer that using KMTTG with metadata flagged, I don't see a field with this info. Is this something that just can't be pulled for metadata?

Old 05-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #3150
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
My search seems to turn up nothing, and I had a quick question.

The Premiere on the show page displays Season 1 Episode 20 for example on the Event. When I transfer that using KMTTG with metadata flagged, I don't see a field with this info. Is this something that just can't be pulled for metadata?
When you use HDUI with Premiere it's actually querying TiVo servers for that type of information, which is a big reason why HDUI is so annoyingly slow. There is extended metadata available for shows on TiVo itself that has some extra information (but not your specific example I don't think), but requires extra http call for each show and so I avoid it.