TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #181
ufo4sale

Yea I get it very funny.
ufo4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #182
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
That's funny I get it scary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #183
moyekj

Some are seriously waiting anxiously for Hulu+ and the privilege of paying a monthly fee for crappy selection AND commercials? I would much, much prefer an update to the Netflix HME application personally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #184
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Some are seriously waiting anxiously for Hulu+ and the privilege of paying a monthly fee for crappy selection AND commercials? I would much, much prefer an update to the Netflix HME application personally.
I already pay the monthly fee for Hulu+. I would just rather use the TiVo or Boxee Box to watch Hulu+ on. UNfortunately neither of those have Hulu+ yet so I have to continue using the PS3.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #185
magnus
Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt

I already pay the monthly fee for Hulu+. I would just rather use the TiVo or Boxee Box to watch Hulu+ on. UNfortunately neither of those have Hulu+ yet so I have to continue using the PS3.
The horror! It will happen soon enough.
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #186
KCcardsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
It all comes down to how you use it. HULU+ may not be for you but some like myself find value in to each their own. It is about TIVO following up on what they promised. If it is making the HD menus work or adding HULU+. The addition on HULU+ is one of the many reasons I went with a TIVO since I already use it. I could care less about the HDUI because I don't use it. My TIVO doesn't have many of the other problems since I don't. The Netflix isn't slick but it is usable and fairly reliable.
ROKU XD
KCcardsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #187
jseeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
In the same boat... Been paying for Hulu+ since I got my tivo in Nov. and its still not here. I've been viewing Hulu+ on PS3 but would MUCH prefer to do it all with Tivo. Still no expected date?
jseeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:13 AM   #188
aaronwt
HD Addict

It is surprising that it has not been released yet. I had expected it by now.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 AM   #189
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
It is surprising that it has not been released yet. I had expected it by now.
Well June 29th is when Microsoft announced it would be coming to the 360 in early 2011 and still no sign there either.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #190
magnus
Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Well June 29th is when Microsoft announced it would be coming to the 360 in early 2011 and still no sign there either.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...2484#post84424
Old 03-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #191
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Your link doesn't go to any post in particular. I know which one you meant to link to, though.

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #192
magnus
Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
Your link doesn't go to any post in particular. I know which one you meant to link to, though.
Hmmm... it missed part of it. Here it is again.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...84#post8442484
Old 03-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #193
Joe01880
I love my TiVo

I get Hulu+ on my Sony KDL-46NX810 and my Blu-ray S470. TiVo has dropped the ball on this one. As of now it seems as if we have been mislead. A sales ploy to sell Premieres. Does/did TiVo ever intend on getting Hulu+. Doesnt matter anymore. Unitl the say they will have other features "coming soon" on new hardware/other products..that people may not buy because they feel duped or out right lied to!

Roamio Pro- $99 yearly grandfathered MSD
Premiere- 2TB w/PLS
TiVo HD- 2TB w/ PLS For Sale $350
Series 2- Just sittin around
DVR40- yours if you want it
Connected via Ethernet
FiOS

Joe01880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #194
magnus
Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe01880 View Post
I get Hulu+ on my Sony KDL-46NX810 and my Blu-ray S470. TiVo has dropped the ball on this one. As of now it seems as if we have been mislead. A sales ploy to sell Premieres. Does/did TiVo ever intend on getting Hulu+. Doesnt matter anymore. Unitl the say they will have other features "coming soon" on new hardware/other products..that people may not buy because they feel duped or out right lied to!
Duped and lied to! Strong words for a product that did not have the feature when you purchased it. And when it does come to Tivo... will you say that you were just impatient?
Old 03-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #195
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Oh, there's magnus and his lessons about patience again...

Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 PM   #196
shwru980r

The Tivo web site claims this is the contact information for Hulu plus on Tivo.
Maybe Erik will post an update to this thread.

Contact Information: Contact:
Erik Milster
For TiVo Inc.
(212) 446.1866
emilster@sloanepr.com

Premiere-$99 Lifetime-OTA
HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA
shwru980r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #197
magnus
Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer
Oh, there's magnus and his lessons about patience again...
Oh no! Here is Fofer and his.... the sky is falling attitude. The world is going to end soon if TiVo does not have Hulu Plus.... I think not. It's going to be okay. TiVo will get Hulu Plus soon and then everyone will wonder why there was this thread calling TiVo out for not getting it done before Roku.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #198
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
But that's why we're here, in this thread, to complain about it. This makes us feel better. I'm not looking for therapy. Just looking to vent. If this sort of chatter doesn't interest you, why are you in the thread? It's clearly labelled. Just ignore it.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #199
ufo4sale

It's coming out this month. Probably within the first two weeks of April.
ufo4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #200
magnus
Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer
But that's why we're here, in this thread, to complain about it. This makes us feel better. I'm not looking for therapy. Just looking to vent. If this sort of chatter doesn't interest you, why are you in the thread? It's clearly labelled. Just ignore it.
I have fun with you folks that complain that the sky is falling. It's just funny to see the things that people think are important. The world really does have better things to worry about.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #201
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I have fun with you folks that complain that the sky is falling. It's just funny to see the things that people think are important. The world really does have better things to worry about.
You clicked on the thread and read it, so apparently it is of some importance to you. Saying that it's silly to discuss a certain topic after you've been the one discussing it is, well, kind of silly.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #202
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
You clicked on the thread and read it, so apparently it is of some importance to you. Saying that it's silly to discuss a certain topic after you've been the one discussing it is, well, kind of silly.
So you're saying that Magnus just lied when he said "I have fun with you folks that complain that the sky is falling. It's just funny to see the things that people think are important. The world really does have better things to worry about. " Because you somehow have knowledge that he read and participated in the discussion because he cares about the subject and not because he knows there is humor in the whining that people do so much of in these forums?

Is this your first day in the internet?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #203
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
So you're saying that Magnus just lied when he said "I have fun with you folks that complain that the sky is falling. It's just funny to see the things that people think are important. The world really does have better things to worry about. " Because you somehow have knowledge that he read and participated in the discussion because he cares about the subject and not because he knows there is humor in the whining that people do so much of in these forums?

Is this your first day in the internet?
A topic being of "some importance to you" and "caring about the subject" are not necessarily the same thing. The topic could have some importance to him precisely because he finds some comedic value in it.

Is this your first day in reading comprehension?
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #204
kaylus

Quote:
I agree, it is funny. It's obvious these threads are important to you and I find that funny. Of course the world really does have better things to worry about, which is exactly why you are out worrying about them, right?

Not everyone has the same requirements in streaming/recording/TV as others may have. Some of you are paying huge amounts for Cable channels that I personally think is ridiculous, while I find extreme value in Amazon Prime Streaming, Netflix, Hulu, and net-based streams through PlayOn.

I added an extra $35 (cable+tivo sub) a month bringing the TiVO into my house and am now weighing the cost of abandoning the service because I am not yet convinced (myself, I am not seeking convincing from this forum) in a given time based on the (anecdotal) history of TiVO in timeliness.

Important? Mildly. Not as important as getting married, taking out the garbage, taking a pee, but since I'm at the computer searching for the latest response then at the moment yes it is; as is any $420 a year investment. (Aforementioned 35*12; Which is similar to say... refinancing a car?)

Anyways, continue lol'ing and I shall continue checking back here in hopes of useful information!

-K
kaylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #205
magnus
Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt

A topic being of "some importance to you" and "caring about the subject" are not necessarily the same thing. The topic could have some importance to him precisely because he finds some comedic value in it.

Is this your first day in reading comprehension?
Despite what you may or may not read into my posts on this subject. I could really care less about Hulu Plus or the fact that TiVo does not have it. If I really wanted it.... Then Roku, PS3, New TVs, and many other devices already have it.

I just find it funny that everyone gets so bent on the fact that TiVo announces something and won't have the patience for them to get it done in a way that will work with their system. God forbid that it might take a little while for them to get this for everyone. Maybe it would be best for TiVo to just announce a feature when it's done. That way everyone will not start crap threads like this one.

I've tried Hulu on PS3 and Roku. I have to say that I am not at all impressed and I have to wonder why everyone is making such a big fuss. It's going to happen soon enough.

When its done..... I wonder the percentage of folks that will actually use it. In 6 months how many will still be using it? If Hulu does not change their strategy.... It's just a losing proposition.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #206
magnus
Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylus

I agree, it is funny. It's obvious these threads are important to you and I find that funny.
-K
Ok, no worries.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #207
davezatz
Funkadelic

Quote:
I have fun with you folks that complain that the sky is falling.
If you look at TiVo's subscriber trends and TiVo as a percentage of deployed DVRs, I'd say the sky is falling.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...r-losses/84324

Apps like Hulu Plus or a modernized Netflix are amongst the things that can set TiVo apart from the generic cableco DVR, where Internet-sourced content is feared, and this becomes a missed opportunity. Yeah, Hulu Plus will probably be released this month and its usage numbers could be small... but the ripples are larger. A lot of people stop here, Engadget, etc before making a purchase. Or re-upping.

Quote:
Maybe it would be best for TiVo to just announce a feature when it's done.
Agreed.
davezatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #208
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz View Post
If you look at TiVo's subscriber trends and TiVo as a percentage of deployed DVRs, I'd say the sky is falling.

Apps like Hulu Plus or a modernized Netflix are amongst the things that can set TiVo apart from the generic cableco DVR, where Internet-sourced content is feared, and this becomes a missed opportunity. Yeah, Hulu Plus will probably be released this month and its usage numbers could be small... but the ripples are larger. A lot of people stop here, Engadget, etc before making a purchase. Or re-upping.

Agreed.
disheartening at best down 450,000 stand alone subs in 4 years.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #209
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz View Post

Now this is a post from someone who clearly knows what he's talking about.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #210
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I could really care less about Hulu Plus or the fact that TiVo does not have it.