TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #3091
ACraigL

curl: (23) Failed writing body (898 != 1460)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACraigL View Post
Let me restate the question...
I know I can insert the metadata via a batch file, called after the conversion. Any suggestions on the command-line values during the automated run? Can I just use %title% or is there something different to tell kmttg what metadata to use while processing a file?
I think I have it set now... I'm passing [encodeFile] into the custom command, and my batch script is:

Code:
D:\Downloads\TiVo\kmttg\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe %1 --album "%~n1" --overWrite
This should take the path of the encoded file, and write the album metadata to the file based on the filename (which is also the title in this case).

My new concern is that I can't download anything via kmttg. I keep getting an error, whether I use curl or java. The curl error is:

Any ideas? I can download manually via the 'now playing' webpage on the tivo, so not sure why this is happening, and not sure when it broke.

Help!
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #3092
moyekj

Quote:
My new concern is that I can't download anything via kmttg. I keep getting an error, whether I use curl or java. The curl error is:

Sounds like a disk space problem. Check space available of destination folder.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #3093
ACraigL

I did... 167gb free
Any other reason this could error?
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 03-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #3094
ACraigL

Quote:
I did... 167gb free
Any other reason this could error?
Ah! Got it. Turns out the 'Combine download and tivodecode decrypt' setting was the cuprit. Once I unchecked that the files resumed the ability to download.

This has been set this way for some time, as I recall, but I have no idea why its a problem now.
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 03-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #3095
ACraigL

Just a quick follow-up... my batch file using the code above worked perfectly. I'm in good shape now. If it's possible to consider adding the album tag (using the movie/showname) for a future version, I'd appreciate it, but all is well now.

Thanks!
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
Old 03-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #3096
jsprain

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex w View Post
Just wanted to share my troubles in case it helps anyone in the future.

Lately, on my Tivo Premiere, with external HD (official), I've had a lot of shows that work on Tivo, work in Windows Media Player as a .TiVo file, but will not decrypt.

One thing I noticed is that when playing in windows media player, the timing is off.

It shows 26 minutes and change, when it is a 29 minute and change file. When it hits the 26 minute mark in Windows Media Player, the timing just stops, but the rest of the episode plays out. So something is off.

I kept getting this code:

The MAK is fine, I download all other programs fine, before and after each attempt on these files. I can also log into the box via the browser using that MAK.

I ran the command line with the MAK entered manually, still didn't work:

So, I looked up tivodecode command lines to see what else I could putz around with, and this seemed to work - adding NO VERIFY:

That initiated the decrypt normally, and the resulting file was a playable MPG file that was 29 minutes and change, as it should be.

Looks like on some files, for whatever reason, there is some encoding going on which is making the mak unavailable, and potentially messing with the timing declarations. Jacks up decrypts, but does nothing else.

Not sure if this is just me, or if it is widespread, but figured I'd share.

(Note - file names and paths adjusted above)
I am having this same issue with files from my Premiere...I will try this and see if it works. However, I wanted to add a note that the file downloaded by kmttg is unreadable by VideoRedo as well (tried to open there and it crashes VideoRedo). I did a mediainfo on the file and got the following:

General
Complete name : C:\Users\T and J Sprain\Downloads\I Love Lucy.TiVo
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 578 MiB
Duration : 29mn 59s
Overall bit rate : 2 695 Kbps

Video #1
ID : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Duration : 29mn 59s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Nominal bit rate : 15.0 Mbps
Width : 704 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4/3
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.481

Plus a bunch more info for Video #1, #2, #3, etc., Audio #1, #2, #3, etc. and Text #1, #2, #3 etc.

Just wondering if the file is somehow corrupt. I have tried to download it both with kmttg and directly logging into the Tivo and downloading the PS file. This didn't help either.

J
jsprain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #3097
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsprain View Post
Just wondering if the file is somehow corrupt. I have tried to download it both with kmttg and directly logging into the Tivo and downloading the PS file. This didn't help either.
You do know that if you download a .TiVo file directly from your TiVo (using its web server), that the file you get is encrypted? You can run mediainfo on it and it will report some basic information. However, that's as far as it goes. You must decrypt it using something like tivodecode before a program like vlc will play it.

kmttg will run tivodecode for you, but you didn't mention whether you did that step manually when you tried downloading the PS file by yourself.

Also, I'm too lazy to try tivodecode again (it's worked fine for me on many previous occasions). So I don't know exactly what "NO VERIFY" works around. But my first guess would be that it keeps trying to decode even if the MAK is incorrect. If so, then you're getting nothing but garbage out. You can't bypass encryption just by wishing it away (e.g. using a NO VERIFY switch!)
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #3098
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin View Post
Also, I'm too lazy to try tivodecode again (it's worked fine for me on many previous occasions). So I don't know exactly what "NO VERIFY" works around. But my first guess would be that it keeps trying to decode even if the MAK is incorrect. If so, then you're getting nothing but garbage out. You can't bypass encryption just by wishing it away (e.g. using a NO VERIFY switch!)
This isn't necessarily in response to jsprain, since he didn't say anything about NO VERIFY.

Curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to find out what NO VERIFY does. The following comes from the tivodecode sourceforge readme:
Usage: ./objects.dir/tivodecode [--help] [--verbose|-v] [--no-verify|-n] {--mak|-m} mak [{--out|-o} outfile] <tivofile>

--mak, -m media access key (required)
--out, -o output file (default stdout)
--verbose, -v verbose
--no-verify, -n do not verify MAK while decoding
--help print this help and exit

The key is the following:
--no-verify, -n do not verify MAK while decoding
To be clear. Without specifying the correct MAK, you will get nothing but garbage out. End of story.

It's quite possible that you need to add --no-verify to work around some sort of program or datastream bugs. But you still must specify the correct MAK. Without that you won't decrypt properly.
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #3099
sender_name
XM 202!

Has anyone defined what each of the settings are for handbrake? I am trying to figure out if I am using all my cores and what I can change to do custom encodings to match Scene standards for rips..

For instance here is the handbrake HD_Television
Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
Handbrake television: mkv container, same res h.264 video, aac audio

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, MENCODER, HANDBRAKE, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
HANDBRAKE -i INPUT --cpu CPU_CORES -t 1 -c 1 -f mkv --large-file --decomb  --detelecine -e x264 -b 1300 -2  -T  -a 1 -E faac -B 160 -6 dpl2 -D 1 -x ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=6:weightb=1:direct=auto:b-pyramid=1:me=umh:subq=9:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:trellis=1:nr=150:no-fast-pskip=1:psy-rd=1,1 -v -o OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mkv
Is there a directory of what each setting is/means?

Thanks!
sender_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:32 AM   #3100
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender_name View Post
Has anyone defined what each of the settings are for handbrake?
https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide#options

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #3101
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
If you do try this out would appreciate some comments/feedback.
Horrible! Lousy! Worst thing I've ever seen!

Seriously, it seems extremely nice so far. The ability to simultaneously transfer from more than 1 TiVo at a time from a single application instance is a definite plus, as is a single transfer status window. Currently I have to run three separate instances of TyTool to transfer simultaneously from all three TiVos. It's also a plus it runs natively under Linux, rather than needing wine. There doesn't seem to be anything goofy about its features, which is saying quite a lot by comparison to many other programs out there. Now that I am able to transfer .TiVo files from my TiVos, I am very seriously considering moving to this platform. One very tiny thing: I think I would prefer an ordinary font (just like the one in the Messages window) in the Start and Cancel Jobs windows. Considering that's my only nit, and it's a really, really tiny one, I think you can be well satisfied with your work.

That is, once you fix the damn font, of course!

Very nice, indeed.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #3102
lrhorer

Comskip and VideoRedo

OK, I have a question / request. I'm running kmttg under Linux, and while comskip runs fine under wine, I haven't been able to get VideoRedo to run under Linux, or at least not the Debian "Squeeze" distro - which doesn't support the latest vesion of wine. I've hammered on both the principle wine developer and the Debian wine maintainer to no avail. I would like to run a QSF-like utility on the output file. Of course, I can always run QSF itself from VRD in Windows, but I would rather it happen automatically and before I run VRD. Does anyone know of a Linux based utility comparable to QSF?

Last edited by lrhorer : 04-02-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #3103
lrhorer

TWP Delete not working

OK, I have another question / request. The TiVoWebPlus Delete option does not seem to be working. I have the option enabled and I have it checked in the GUI. I have verified that TWP is working on all three TiVos. When I select a show to transfer, however, no TWP Delete task is created as I would expect it to be, and the show is not deleted after it is transferred and converted to .mpg. Is there something else I should be doing?

In addition, I would like to request to have a function added that would allow the user to delete the selected program(s) without transferring them. Of course, I can always go to TWP, TyTool, or even to the TiVo itself to delete programs I don't need, but it would be nice to be able to do it right from kmttg.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #3104
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
OK, I have another question / request. The TiVoWebPlus Delete option does not seem to be working. I have the option enabled and I have it checked in the GUI. I have verified that TWP is working on all three TiVos. When I select a show to transfer, however, no TWP Delete task is created as I would expect it to be, and the show is not deleted after it is transferred and converted to .mpg. Is there something else I should be doing?

In addition, I would like to request to have a function added that would allow the user to delete the selected program(s) without transferring them. Of course, I can always go to TWP, TyTool, or even to the TiVo itself to delete programs I don't need, but it would be nice to be able to do it right from kmttg.
I don't have a hacked TiVo so can't test TWP delete myself - I implemented it a while back by user request. But did you read the balloon help on that setting related to having to restart kmttg for it to become active? So I guess 1st things 1st see if the delete actually works following download & decrypt before I even look into adding direct deletion option.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #3105
lrhorer

Quote:
I don't have a hacked TiVo so can't test TWP delete myself - I implemented it a while back by user request. But did you read the balloon help on that setting related to having to restart kmttg for it to become active? So I guess 1st things 1st see if the delete actually works following download & decrypt before I even look into adding direct deletion option.
Yeah, it's been restarted. There's another job processing right now. Once it is done I will confirm the result. In the mean time, some possibly relevant items:

I have metadata, decrypt, TWP Delete, and Ad Detect all checked.

Under <Program Options> I have both "Enable TivoWebPlus Delete Task" and "Combine download and tivodecode decrypt" checked.

For some reason, one of the TiVos is not currently responding to kmttg. Kmttg times out with an error from Curl and an exit code of 35 when it attempts to read the NPL on that TiVo.

Comskip is running under wine, but not quite perfectly. The server is headless, so all access is via an X-server. As it happens, the developer of the X-server I am using refuses to implement MIT-SHM, so wine spits out a couple of error codes while comskip is starting. It looks like maybe kmttg thinks comskip is failing when it is not. It actually seems to be running and completing just fine.

The TWP version I am using is 2.1.b3.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #3106
lrhorer

Quote:
So I guess 1st things 1st see if the delete actually works following download & decrypt before I even look into adding direct deletion option.
Going back to my original query, even if the communications with TWP are broken, shouldn't kmttg create a "twp_delete" job after the "download_decrypt" job and then show an error if it fails? Kmttg is not creating any "twp_delete" job.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #3107
moyekj

Quote:
Under <Program Options> I have both "Enable TivoWebPlus Delete Task" and "Combine download and tivodecode decrypt" checked.
Checking code I can see where it would not execute. Since I never use TWP I don't think about it so the combined download/decrypt jobs don't call TWP as is the case for just decrypt. I'll have to add the code to those.

Quote:
Comskip is running under wine, but not quite perfectly. The server is headless, so all access is via an X-server. As it happens, the developer of the X-server I am using refuses to implement MIT-SHM, so wine spits out a couple of error codes while comskip is starting. It looks like maybe kmttg thinks comskip is failing when it is not. It actually seems to be running and completing just fine.
comskip never gives a 0 exit code so kmttg doesn't check that. It does check if comskip output file (.edl if kmttg not configured for VideoRedo) exists and is not empty however, so sounds like that file is not getting created. Make sure comskip setup is configured to create .edl file.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #3108
lrhorer

Quote:
Checking code I can see where it would not execute. Since I never use TWP I don't think about it so the combined download/decrypt jobs don't call TWP as is the case for just decrypt. I'll have to add the code to those.
So, if I understand you, I take it if I did not have the "Combine download and tivodecode decrypt" box checked it should work, and that you intend to update the code so it will?

Quote:
comskip never gives a 0 exit code so kmttg doesn't check that. It does check if comskip output file (.edl if kmttg not configured for VideoRedo) exists and is not empty however, so sounds like that file is not getting created. Make sure comskip setup is configured to create .edl file.
Oh! When I edited the comskip.ini file to produce .vprj files, I assumed I the .edl output was not needed, so I disabled it. I take it kmttg checks for the file at the end of process? The reason I ask is I am going to add some lines to my cron script that cleans up the unused files, in particular the .log, .txt (not the metafile - .mpg.txt), and .edl files. If I have to wait for kmttg to finish, then I have to add a little intelligence to the script.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #3109
moyekj

Quote:
So, if I understand you, I take it if I did not have the "Combine download and tivodecode decrypt" box checked it should work, and that you intend to update the code so it will?
Correct. There is a beta version of kmttg.jar for you to try here. In addition to adding TWP delete support for the combined download/decrypt tasks also adds direct delete from table: select the items in the table and the use 'delete' keyboard button. As I said I don't have TWP capability so can't test if it works.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:39 AM   #3110
lrhorer

Quote:
Correct. There is a beta version of kmttg.jar for you to try here. In addition to adding TWP delete support for the combined download/decrypt tasks also adds direct delete from table: select the items in the table and the use 'delete' keyboard button. As I said I don't have TWP capability so can't test if it works.
Very cool. Thank you! The immediate delete works like a charm. I'm loading a couple of shows right now. We'll see if they get deleted.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #3111
lrhorer

Deleting after download & decrypt works, too.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #3112
cburbs

So I have the following -
C:\kmmtg\Encode\Shows
Where shows is any of the following: House, Big bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, etc

After these files are encoded I would like a weekly/nightly script to run to move the file to a new share folder say
E:\TV Shows\Shows
Where shows is any of the following: House, Big bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, etc
Is there a simple script to do this or do I have to write code for each show?
cburbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #3113
danterner
Not it!

I do this using http://www.therenamer.com - while its primary purpose is to automatically rename files (which I do so they'll be recognized by my Boxee), it has a "fetch" mode that can grab the files from one directory (including subdirectories) and put them in another. I set up a recurring task via Windows task manager to do this daily without any intervention on my part.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #3114
cburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I do this using http://www.therenamer.com - while its primary purpose is to automatically rename files (which I do so they'll be recognized by my Boxee), it has a "fetch" mode that can grab the files from one directory (including subdirectories) and put them in another. I set up a recurring task via Windows task manager to do this daily without any intervention on my part.
Great I will give that a try and see if it works.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #3115
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs

Great I will give that a try and see if it works.
On second thought, if all you want to do is have your encodes go somewhere else, why not just set your kmttg encode directory accordingly, in the configuration prefs?

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #3116
mgudites

Question

Just got this installed -- first let me say thanks to whoever created it, I've been looking for something like this!

However, having an issue, not sure where to start. So far I have downloaded 3 different shows and on each, I'm having the same problem. At first, it's fine, but then partway through the show, the audio/video go completely out of sync. And not just a little, but 3-5 seconds out of sync. It seems to happen consistently. However, on the TiVo, they look fine. Where should I begin to troubleshoot?

In case it's of any help:
  • Installed on a Mac Mini
  • TiVo is a new Premier
  • "Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format" is OFF
  • NOT using Ad Cut
  • "Metadata," "Decrypt," and "Encode" boxes are checked.
  • Encoding using the "ff_ipad" format.

mgudites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:56 AM   #3117
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgudites View Post
So far I have downloaded 3 different shows and on each, I'm having the same problem. At first, it's fine, but then partway through the show, the audio/video go completely out of sync. And not just a little, but 3-5 seconds out of sync. It seems to happen consistently. However, on the TiVo, they look fine. Where should I begin to troubleshoot?
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...60#post8428860
Since you are using a Mac though there is no native VideoRedo executable that runs on Mac.
Some have had better luck using Hanbrake profiles as Handbrake does a better job of trying to keep A/V sync with glitches, but it's still not 100%.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #3118
cburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
On second thought, if all you want to do is have your encodes go somewhere else, why not just set your kmttg encode directory accordingly, in the configuration prefs?
Yes that would work as well. I will have to try it out.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #3119
cburbs

Ok I did a few test runs and that will work.

On another note what encode setting do people like to use? I would like to reduce original size of file and still have good video quality. Say a 1/2 show is 2gb I would like to try to cut it down to say 1gb ish range and still keep the video quality.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #3120
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post
Ok I did a few test runs and that will work.

On another note what encode setting do people like to use? I would like to reduce original size of file and still have good video quality. Say a 1/2 show is 2gb I would like to try to cut it down to say 1gb ish range and still keep the video quality.
While I don't re-encode recordings from TiVo, I've reduced my internet video harddrive footprint by about 50% overall* by transcoding to h264/ac3/mp4 by using ffmpeg+x264, specifying -crf 20 in the x264 options. Using h264/ac3/mp4 also gives me the ability to stream without transcoding when using StreamBaby, and to "PUSH" without transcoding when using pyTivo.

I could take a closer look at the specific mpegs I've converted to see what standard they were (TiVo uses mpeg2), and what space savings were gained. Most of the other downloads were a mix of DivX, XviD, or some form of Windows Media.

*Some of the files I converted ended up bigger than the original files when using -crf.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote