TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #3061
moyekj

No, kmttg does not set priority level when launching any job. It's using the same method for all OS's and there is nothing Windows specific and in fact I don't even know how one would go about changing priority level using native Java - probably not possible. Not sure how Windows works determining priority - does it inherit the master javaw.exe for example when launching jobs? Haven't looked into it.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #3062
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
No, kmttg does not set priority level when launching any job. It's using the same method for all OS's and there is nothing Windows specific and in fact I don't even know how one would go about changing priority level using native Java - probably not possible.
Thank you.

And as an FYI, the Windows "START" command allows setting of priority at execution time (that's how I'm controlling ffmpeg in my script), and Task Manager can change the priority of an executing process. Microsoft not allowing Java/python/C/etc to these system level function could be a way of preventing some truly malicious (and covert) code from taking over a machine. However, I'll still try to see if I can create a process monitor that can "bump up" kmttg task to at least "NORMAL", if they come in any lower than that.

Edit: Ah! Found this snippet of code using Window's WMIC command:
WMIC PROCESS WHERE Name="explorer.exe" call SetPriority 64

Using a looping "Tasklist" script that searches for kmttg tasks and bumping lower priority should be within my capabilities!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by orangeboy : 02-25-2011 at 11:01 AM.
orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #3063
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
No, kmttg does not set priority level when launching any job. It's using the same method for all OS's and there is nothing Windows specific and in fact I don't even know how one would go about changing priority level using native Java - probably not possible. Not sure how Windows works determining priority - does it inherit the master javaw.exe for example when launching jobs? Haven't looked into it.
FWIW, I found this article concerning Java and Windows (and Linux) priorities: http://www.javamex.com/tutorials/thr...ity_what.shtml

I may poke around a bit in the kmttg source I have already modified for my environment to see if I can implement setPriority. Chances are more likely that I won't change anything though.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #3064
KevinLeeC

Controlling HandbrakeCLI

FWIW, I'm having pretty good luck with Process Tamer.

(You'll have to Google it since I don't have a high enough post count to include a link. It's on a website called DonationCoder.)

I've set it to always drop the HandbrakeCLI.exe process to "lower than normal" and I've had no trouble streaming while I'm encoding video.
KevinLeeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #3065
alex w

Just wanted to share my troubles in case it helps anyone in the future.

Lately, on my Tivo Premiere, with external HD (official), I've had a lot of shows that work on Tivo, work in Windows Media Player as a .TiVo file, but will not decrypt.

One thing I noticed is that when playing in windows media player, the timing is off.

It shows 26 minutes and change, when it is a 29 minute and change file. When it hits the 26 minute mark in Windows Media Player, the timing just stops, but the rest of the episode plays out. So something is off.

I kept getting this code:

Quote:
>> DECRYPTING E:\TIVO\Shows\tivo\02_11_2011.TiVo ...
E:\TIVO\kmttg_v0p7t\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out E:\TIVO\Shows\mpg\02_11_2011.mpg E:\TIVO\Shows\tivo\02_11_2011.TiVo
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: E:\TIVO\kmttg_v0p7t\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out E:\TIVO\Shows\mpg\02_11_2011.mpg E:\TIVO\Shows\tivo\02_11_2011.TiVo
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM

Invalid MAK -- aborting
The MAK is fine, I download all other programs fine, before and after each attempt on these files. I can also log into the box via the browser using that MAK.

I ran the command line with the MAK entered manually, still didn't work:

Quote:
E:\TIVO\kmttg_v0p7t\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak 1234567890 --out E:\TIVO\Shows\mpg\02_11_2011.mpg E:\TIVO\Shows\tivo\02_11_2011.TiVo
So, I looked up tivodecode command lines to see what else I could putz around with, and this seemed to work - adding NO VERIFY:

Quote:
E:\TIVO\kmttg_v0p7t\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak 1234567890 --no-verify --out E:\TIVO\Shows\mpg\02_11_2011.mpg E:\TIVO\Shows\tivo\02_11_2011.TiVo
That initiated the decrypt normally, and the resulting file was a playable MPG file that was 29 minutes and change, as it should be.

Looks like on some files, for whatever reason, there is some encoding going on which is making the mak unavailable, and potentially messing with the timing declarations. Jacks up decrypts, but does nothing else.

Not sure if this is just me, or if it is widespread, but figured I'd share.

(Note - file names and paths adjusted above)

Last edited by alex w : 02-27-2011 at 07:50 PM.
alex w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:21 AM   #3066
moyekj

OK thanks for the feedback. I added the --no-verify option to tivodecode calls for next release.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #3067
DrTivol

For kmttg and ipad/iphone/ipod users, i'm curious about the methods you are using to view the mp4 files. I've experimented with these 3:

1. mp4 file synced via itunes -- great for taking with you on the train, plane, or wherever. but a slow process if you want to watch them without syncing or aren't at home to sync.

2. http server with mp4 files on your mac/pc (eliminates the sync) -- you can run the web sharing server (Http server on the mac), put your mp4 files in that directory. Once you do this, you can point your mobile safari browser to your webpage (e.g. on my mac it's http://192.168.1.108/~accountname/ ). This is rather crude, i don't even have a webpage set up i just go to that URL with mobile safari and i see a directory of my shows. Then when i'm at home i can see the files, tap on them and they stream to the ipad/iphone/ipod.

3. http server with mp4->mediafilesegmenter->[bunch of *.ts files and a playlist.m3u8 file]. Like #2, i tap on the playlist.m3u8 file from within mobile safari for the corresponding show i want and can stream to the ipad. It's one extra step but it adds a nice 30 sec backup which is sometime convenient.

Both #2 and #3 could be set up to go outside of your home network and #3 is probably more of an advantage. If you were using an Application then according to Apple rules you must use method #3 if you are going to stream over 3g. Additionally, if you really were to automate this and want to watch it on wifi's and 3g network whenever and wherever then you would want to do multiple encodes and set up #3 to have a variant playlist .m3u8 file that would point to multiple bitrates. Then your native player on your ipad would adapt/adjust to the network conditions and you would get the best streaming experience.

Anyway, was just curious if anyone is going down this path with kmttg and ipad and it seems like some of this could be integrated into one step.
DrTivol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #3068
danterner
Not it!

Those options sound like more trouble than just using the AirVideo or ZumoCast apps. Is there a reason they didn't make the list?

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #3069
DrTivol

good point on airVideo! I had played with it about a year ago and completely forgot about it. Just tried it again and it does seem to do everything you need -- all for just $2.99. I think the zumocast app is no longer available ???

I was just playing around to see if i could get it to work myself for free. i was also getting it to work on Android devices with the webserver support and didn't need to install anything on the mac or on the devices. I didn't check to see if air video is available for android.

Anyway, i agree with you it was definitely becoming cumbersome but it was working quite nicely.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #3070
PaulS

Zecter, the guys responsible for Zumodrive and Zumocast, have been acquired by Motorola Mobility. Zumocast isn't dead, but they're in a "radio silence" period while they make tweaks/improvements.

Zecter acquired by Motorola

Quote:
ZumoCast software distribution has been temporarily suspended while we make several enhancements. We will be working to bring back the download as quickly as we can. All existing users can continue using the service without disruption. You can sign up to be notified when the download link returns on our home page: http://www.zumocast.com.

Similarly to ZumoDrive, we will continue to support and improve ZumoCast on the iOS platform. We'll also be exploring additional platforms in the near future.
Our main goal at Zecter has always been to provide your content wherever you are, and that goal will not be changing. Motorola shares our vision, and we look forward to working with them to expand and enhance our current offerings.

PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #3071
DrTivol

yeah if Moto has it then it's dead.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #3072
brodie4416

Hello, I apologize in advance as there is probably a simple explanation for the issue I am having but, for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. I have transferred a show to my computer (its a simpsons episode that I was using as a test) with TivoToGo (before I read about KMTTG) and when I try to do anything with the file (I checked metadata,decrypt,ad detect, ad cut, encode) I get an error on every step (the first error listed below). Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong? The program seems straightforward so I'm not sure how there could be so many issues.

I've only included the first error here, I can post the rest if necessary. Also, is there a forum for KMTTG or is all help done through this specific thread?

>> CREATING C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons - ''Lisa's First Word'' (Recorded Feb 26, 2011, KDSM).mp4.txt ...
C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\tivodecode\tivodecode.ex e --mak MAK -D -x "C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons - ''Lisa's First Word'' (Recorded Feb 26, 2011, KDSM).TiVo"
Failed to generate metadata file: C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons - ''Lisa's First Word'' (Recorded Feb 26, 2011, KDSM).mp4.txt
Exit code: 0
Encryption by QUALCOMM

Thanks!
brodie4416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #3073
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie4416 View Post
Hello, I apologize in advance as there is probably a simple explanation for the issue I am having but, for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. I have transferred a show to my computer (its a simpsons episode that I was using as a test) with TivoToGo (before I read about KMTTG) and when I try to do anything with the file (I checked metadata,decrypt,ad detect, ad cut, encode) I get an error on every step (the first error listed below). Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong? The program seems straightforward so I'm not sure how there could be so many issues.

I've only included the first error here, I can post the rest if necessary. Also, is there a forum for KMTTG or is all help done through this specific thread?

>> CREATING C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons - ''Lisa's First Word'' (Recorded Feb 26, 2011, KDSM).mp4.txt ...
C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\tivodecode\tivodecode.ex e --mak MAK -D -x "C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons - ''Lisa's First Word'' (Recorded Feb 26, 2011, KDSM).TiVo"
Failed to generate metadata file: C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons - ''Lisa's First Word'' (Recorded Feb 26, 2011, KDSM).mp4.txt
Encryption by QUALCOMM
Thanks!
I'm guessing it's the quotation marks in the file name that are the problem. Get rid of the quotation marks around "Lisa's First Word" in the file name and then try again. (If you download via kmttg it will produce file names that are friendly for further processing).
There is no kmttg forum - this thread is it.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #3074
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Yes, you cannot use the double quotes (") in filenames, but you can use the apostrophe ('), So... if you use 2 apostrophes (''), it would look like the double quotes("), which is allowed.

In your error quote:

"C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons - ''Lisa's First Word''

You would probably have a file called:

"C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons - "

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 02-28-2011 at 08:56 PM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #3075
brodie4416

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Yes, you cannot use the double quotes (") in filenames, but you can use the apostrophe ('), So... if you use 2 apostrophes (''), it would look like the double quotes("), which is allowed.

In your error quote:

"C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons - ''Lisa's First Word''

You would probably have a file called:

"C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons - "
Thanks for quick reply,
I have changed the file name so that it no longer includes quotes - here's the message now:

Code:
>> CREATING C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mp4.txt ...
C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK -D -x "C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.TiVo" 
Failed to generate metadata file: C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mp4.txt
Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)

SKIPPING DECRYPT, FILE ALREADY EXISTS: C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mpg
>> Running comskip on C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mpg ...
C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\comskip\comskip.exe --ini C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\comskip\comskip.ini "C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mpg" 
comskip failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\comskip\comskip.exe --ini C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\comskip\comskip.ini "C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mpg" 
Comskip 0.80.031, made using:
mpeg2dec-0.4.0 - by Michel Lespinasse <walken@zoy.org> and Aaron Holtzman

0 frames decoded in 0.00 seconds (0.00 fps)
edl file not found: C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.edl
>> ENCODING WITH PROFILE 'hb_tivo_hd' TO FILE C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mp4 ...
C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mpg" --cpu 8 -f mp4 --large-file -O -e x264 -b 5000 -a 1 -E ac3 -x ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:b-pyramid=1:weightb=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:me=umh:subq=9:psy-rd=1,0.2:direct=auto:keyint=24:min-keyint=2:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1 -v -o "C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mp4" 
encoding failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mpg" --cpu 8 -f mp4 --large-file -O -e x264 -b 5000 -a 1 -E ac3 -x ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:b-pyramid=1:weightb=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:me=umh:subq=9:psy-rd=1,0.2:direct=auto:keyint=24:min-keyint=2:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1 -v -o "C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mp4" 
[22:41:13] hb_init: checking cpu count
[22:41:13] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake 0.9.4 (2009112300) - MinGW i386 - http://handbrake.fr
8 CPUs detected
Forcing 8 CPUs
Opening C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mpg...
[22:41:13] hb_scan: path=C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mpg, title_index=1
[22:41:13] scan: trying to open with libdvdread
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
[22:41:13] dvd: not a dvd - trying as a stream/file instead
Input #0, mp3, from 'C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mpg':
  Duration: 00:00:00.02, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 128 kb/s
    Stream #0.0: Audio: mp1, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 128 kb/s
[22:41:13] hb_stream_open: open C:\Users\Matt\Downloads\kmttg_v0p7t\Files\The Simpsons.mpg failed
[22:41:13] scan: unrecognized file type
[22:41:13] libhb: scan thread found 0 valid title(s)
No title found.
HandBrake has exited.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #3076
moyekj

The root of the problem seems to be tivodecode is not able to decrypt your .TiVo file. So make sure you have supplied the right MAK to kmttg. Are you able to get listings from your TiVo(s) with kmttg? That would confirm if MAK is correct or not. If the .TiVo file is not from your household then that means it has a different MAK and won't decrypt with your MAK.

For testing check only "decrypt" to test and optionally under kmttg configuration - File Settings enabled "Overwrite existing files" so you don't have to keep deleting the failed .mpg file creation. (Without that setting enabled kmttg will keep skipping decrypt step as it sees an mpg file of same name and won't overwrite it).

Old 03-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #3077
brodie4416

Quote:
The root of the problem seems to be tivodecode is not able to decrypt your .TiVo file. So make sure you have supplied the right MAK to kmttg. Are you able to get listings from your TiVo(s) with kmttg? That would confirm if MAK is correct or not. If the .TiVo file is not from your household then that means it has a different MAK and won't decrypt with your MAK.

For testing check only "decrypt" to test and optionally under kmttg configuration - File Settings enabled "Overwrite existing files" so you don't have to keep deleting the failed .mpg file creation. (Without that setting enabled kmttg will keep skipping decrypt step as it sees an mpg file of same name and won't overwrite it).
I think I have it figured out now - I tried decrypting a file from the tivo tab (using KMTTG to transfer the .tivo file instead of TivoDesktop like I originally did) and it is working just fine. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #3078
ACraigL

kmttg and 'album' metadata

Hi,

I recently got a Motorola Atrix and I'm mostly pleased that all my iPod Touch settings create a compatible file for the new device. With one caveat...

The Android player "wants" the 'album' metadata field to help sort the videos, but they are not getting inserted by default with the metadata checkbox selected. I think I read in the release notes that this was added some time ago, but I have the latest version of kmttg and it's simply not getting in there.

Any ideas? Or will I have to run atomicparsley as an external command?
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550
ACraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #3079
krar4

iPod audio/video out of sync

I apologize in advance as I'm sure this topic has been covered somewhere in the 3,000+ posts on this forum, but I didn't find it.

I used to use kmttg quite successfully with 2 Series 2 TiVo's and an Archos 5. Then I switched to an iPod Touch, and it all still worked successfully. Now I upgraded to a TiVo Premiere with the iPod Touch, and now there is significant (4-6 seconds) out of sync audio and video.

Please advise what the best step-by-step method is for converting from the TiVo Premiere to the iPod Touch that will still allow me to cut commercials out and maintain audio/video sync.

All other aspects of kmttg work fine for me. I am using a Windows 7 PC, and the TiVo files are downloading wirelessly (in case that matters).

If the fix involves changing to a different profile, could you also advise how to increase the volume on the profile? I fly a lot, so I like to be able to increase the available volume when needed.

Thanks in advance.
Rick

Last edited by krar4 : 03-14-2011 at 11:54 AM.
krar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #3080
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by krar4 View Post
I apologize in advance as I'm sure this topic has been covered somewhere in the 3,000+ posts on this forum, but I didn't find it.

I used to use kmttg quite successfully with 2 Series 2 TiVo's and an Archos 5. Then I switched to an iPod Touch, and it all still worked successfully. Now I upgraded to a TiVo Premiere with the iPod Touch, and now there is significant (4-6 seconds) out of sync audio and video.

Please advise what the best step-by-step method is for converting from the TiVo Premiere to the iPod Touch that will still allow me to cut commercials out and maintain audio/video sync.

All other aspects of kmttg work fine for me. I am using a Windows 7 PC, and the TiVo files are downloading wirelessly (in case that matters).

If the fix involves changing to a different profile, could you also advise how to increase the volume on the profile? I fly a lot, so I like to be able to increase the available volume when needed.

Thanks in advance.
Rick
Welcome to the world of digital recordings. Note that with S2 unit TiVo was encoding from analog stream so resulting encodings are well behaved. For S3/S4 units the TiVos are recording the original cable company transmissions which in many cases contain glitches. Most decoders can handle those glitches OK for playback, but when encoding to other formats many encoders don't handle those properly. Enter VideoRedo QuickStream fix which cleans up messed up time stamps and other such issues with the recordings and is essentially a necessary part of the flow if you are going to be re-encoding recordings. You can try trial version for free and the $50 VRD Plus is really what you need if sole purpose is for VRD QS Fix and/or mpeg2 editing.
i.e. If you include VRD QS fix in the flow before encode stage the A/V sync issues will likely go away.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #3081
krar4

Kevin - Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give VRD Plus a try tonight when I get home.

Is it possible to incorporate VRD QS Fix into the kmttg process so that it completes all of the actions in one step as it currently does without VRD QS? I like to choose several shows and start kmttg processing in the evening so the completed files are available in the morning. Does the VRD QS Fix step have to be completed as a standalone option and then restart processing by kmttg in the morning to finish the whole process?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 03-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #3082
moyekj

VRD QS Fix is fully integrated in kmttg, just enable the check mark for that task once you have VRD installed and configured. (kmttg runs VRD in batch mode in the background just like with the other tasks). Be sure to read the Wiki page regarding VRD configuration.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #3083
krar4

Kevin - How cool! You do an incredible job, and your program is phenomenal. Count me as a fan!

In fact - When I recently bought my Premiere TiVo, I was talking with a guy in TiVo's Tech Support group. I told him all about kmttg, and he said he knew several of his coworkers who would be interested in your program. He was going to pass the word.

Thanks again!
Rick
Old 03-15-2011, 12:53 AM   #3084
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACraigL View Post
Hi,

I recently got a Motorola Atrix and I'm mostly pleased that all my iPod Touch settings create a compatible file for the new device. With one caveat...

The Android player "wants" the 'album' metadata field to help sort the videos, but they are not getting inserted by default with the metadata checkbox selected. I think I read in the release notes that this was added some time ago, but I have the latest version of kmttg and it's simply not getting in there.

Any ideas? Or will I have to run atomicparsley as an external command?
"album" metadata is one of several fields that is filled (with title and season information if available in the pyTivo metadata txt file) during the AtomicParsley task run. If indeed AtomicParsley is being run you should be able to see the full command line that was used by kmttg and verify what fields were filled.
NOTE: You can run AtomicParsley task manually by switching to FILES tab and locating your mp4 file (and accompanying metadata file) and then clicking on Run AtomicParsley button. That's a good way of testing things out.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #3085
krar4

Kevin - I downloaded VRD and it looks like I have configured VRD correctly with kmttg. I got the VRD Scripts copied into the kmttg subdirectory (that was the initial error that occurred). The job is still bombing on me, though. The job makes it through download and decrypt without problem. Here is the message I receive once it bombs during VRD QSFix:

>> Running qsfix on C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg ...
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg" "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock631832204055957900 3.tmp
qsfix failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg" "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock631832204055957900 3.tmp
C:\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs(43, 4) WScript.CreateObject: Could not locate automation class named "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent".
>>

What does that mean, and how do I resolve it?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 03-15-2011, 05:34 AM   #3086
moyekj

Quote:
Kevin - I downloaded VRD and it looks like I have configured VRD correctly with kmttg. I got the VRD Scripts copied into the kmttg subdirectory (that was the initial error that occurred). The job is still bombing on me, though. The job makes it through download and decrypt without problem. Here is the message I receive once it bombs during VRD QSFix:

>> Running qsfix on C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg ...
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg" "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock631832204055957900 3.tmp
qsfix failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg" "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock631832204055957900 3.tmp
C:\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs(43, 4) WScript.CreateObject: Could not locate automation class named "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent".
>>

Thanks,
Rick
Look at the VRD configuration Wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/wiki/..._configuration

Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 AM   #3087
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg" "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock6318322040559579003.tm p
qsfix failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg" "C:\kmttg\Everybody Loves Raymond - Sleepover at Peggys (03_14_2011).mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock6318322040559579003.tm p
>>

Looks like there are some errors, take a look at the above underlined.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #3088
krar4

Kevin - In case it hasn't been said here before,YOU'RE AMAZING! Your tips fixed the problem so audio sync isn't an issue for me any longer.

Thanks!!!

Rick
Old 03-20-2011, 07:57 AM   #3089
ACraigL

Quote:
"album" metadata is one of several fields that is filled (with title and season information if available in the pyTivo metadata txt file) during the AtomicParsley task run. If indeed AtomicParsley is being run you should be able to see the full command line that was used by kmttg and verify what fields were filled.
NOTE: You can run AtomicParsley task manually by switching to FILES tab and locating your mp4 file (and accompanying metadata file) and then clicking on Run AtomicParsley button. That's a good way of testing things out.
Thanks for the reply. I checked the log and indeed 'albumartist' and not 'album' metadata is being saved to the file. I'm not a pytivo user, as kmttg has basically spoon-fed me very well to this point .

Can I configure the AP call to include this meta tag, or is this hard-codedin the app? All the data I need is already there; I just want to instruct AP to insert it, during or after (see next post) is fine either way.
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550

Last edited by ACraigL : 03-20-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #3090
ACraigL

Let me restate the question...
I know I can insert the metadata via a batch file, called after the conversion. Any suggestions on the command-line values during the automated run? Can I just use %title% or is there something different to tell kmttg what metadata to use while processing a file?
  • Linksys WRT600N Router
  • Harmony H550