TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #3031
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Success

I had a nice 500MB SD show I could test with before some bigger HD shows popped into the queue:

Code:
2011_02_10_22:05:12 ---DONE--- job=adcut output=\\Dl380-server\ToTivo\Cut Programs\\Dragnet\000-The Big Frustration_cut.mpg
2011_02_10_22:05:12 (Deleted vprj file: F:\FromTivo\Dragnet\000-The Big Frustration.VPrj)
2011_02_10_22:05:12 (Deleted edl file: F:\FromTivo\Dragnet\000-The Big Frustration.edl)
2011_02_10_22:05:12 (Deleted mpeg file: F:\FromTivo\Dragnet\000-The Big Frustration.mpg)
2011_02_10_22:05:13 NOTE: >> Pushing \\Dl380-server\ToTivo\Cut Programs\Dragnet\000-The Big Frustration_cut.mpg to TivoS3
2011_02_10_22:05:13 http://localhost:9033/TiVoConnect?Command=Push&Container=Cut+Programs&File=/Dragnet/000-The+Big+Frustration_cut.mpg&tsn=TivoS3
2011_02_10_22:05:26 NOTE: push job completed: 00:00:06
2011_02_10_22:05:26 ---DONE--- job=push video=\\Dl380-server\ToTivo\Cut Programs\Dragnet\000-The Big Frustration_cut.mpg
2011_02_10_22:05:26 >> Running custom command ...
2011_02_10_22:05:26 "C:\Program Files\kmttg\Housekeeping.bat" "F:\FromTivo\Dragnet\000-The Big Frustration.mpg"
So indeed, case is relevant with pyTivo shares and kmttg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #3032
wireman121

I have 2 feature requests:

when auto transfers is enabled, and also videoredo review is enabled, if its waiting for a videoredo review window to close, it will not automatically start downloading another show/refresh the NPL List until thats closed...heres an example:

TiVo records a 30 minute show from 8:00-8:30, and another 30 minute show from 8:30-9:00. KMTTG is set to auto transfer both shows. at 8:40 (since its set to check the TiVo for shows its set to auto transfer every 10 mins) it starts downloading the show that finished reccording at 8:30. It processes everything, runs Video ReDo and brings up the review window to review the content. I get home at 11:00 and its still waiting for me to review (which is fine) but the auto transfer hasnt checked since 8:40, so it doesnt see that the 2nd show finished recording at 9:00 and hasnt started downloading, processing and bringing up the review window for that show.

If possible could we add a "auto transfer pending" list, so that kmttg can continue to check the NPL list even while its in the process of processing an auto transfer, that way it knows its already working on the 8-8:30 show, but it hasnt started the 8:30-9 show and it can start working on that - so when I get home at 11, both shows (and anything that recorded after that) are all at the video redo review window for me to make any changes, save project, and start cutting?

feature request 2- the ability to pick which show brings up a video redo review window, and which ones will just automatically start cutting.... This would be useful because some shows are always cut in the right places, so they dont need to wait for me to review them before pushing back to the TiVo while other shows are always cut in the wrong places, so i need to review and modify the cuts...

Thanks!!
wireman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #3033
sirfergy

Is it possible to get a NOT operator for file naming? I have some shows that don't have an episodeTitle, and if they don't I'd like to just use title.
sirfergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #3034
sanjonny

Piggybacking on wiremans request I have a different idea. I often have kmttg download and process a bunch of shows at a time, but want to edit them all later in a batch. The hiccup I have is that when I do this and want to transfer the txt file over things do not work quite right which is okay, I can deal with it, but I think it might be an easy fix.

How I do my process is to pick a bunch of shows and leave everything checked except adcut, so that when the program downloads the shows, it decrypts them, qs fixes them, ad detects them and then moves onto the next file that might show up.

This leaves me with a bunch of project files in whatever directory I have set up for them to be ready to sit and edit when I have a chance ( so I just open them individually in videoredo, check or perform the edits ) and then save the edits and open them back up in kmttg and add them to the queue with adcut selected and then they are all trimmed and the leftover files are done. This works well.

This is the best way I have found to be able to edit and make sure all the other shows are downloaded and all ready to go and such. This could be an alternate way for wireman to deal with his autodownload shows since I imagine most people don't want the edit window just sitting there unless they are at the computer and like he says, it stops other stuff from happening. My way lets you have everything ready when you want to sit and do your edits and then quickly apply the cuts and cleanup the messes left behind.

My thought is though, that what happens with this method is the txt file that is created in the last step (as I have it configured) is done at the adscan point and left in that directory. Then when I open the files to check that adscan is correct or whatever edits I need to manually do, when I load the files back into kmttg to have it do the adcut process and delete the fixed mpg and the project file, it leaves the txt file in the processed directory and not the cut directory (which also has the wrong name if it still is using the cut moniker, etc.). Is there anyway to accomplish what I am doing differently or change the program to check if there is a txt file at the adcut point and transfer that to the final cut directory when the last cut is done? I tried having it output the txt file at all steps or changing the config but too many orphaned txt files happen or I just forget to change the config back or whatever.

I should also mention a great thing about kmttg is that I can take my mpg files from my replays (replaytvs, old fashioned I know) and have kmttg run the same process on them, so I download them to my computer and copy them to an edit directory and then perform the qsfix, addetect, stop wait for edit, load after edit and cut. So anyone who uses this for other files might want to think about the great possibility of opening it up for non tivo use. I have already suggested it to a few replay friends and will post on the boards about it too since it is really cool.

This might not be as big a deal with the new setup that doesn't add the _cut moniker because I should be able to just transfer the txt file to the output dir, but it still would be nice to be automated.

Or even thinking further down the road, you could have kmttg halt and then after you do all the edits, it could just start the cuts, but I think there are too many variables there which might cause problems.

One other suggestion I have which might be easy to implement or not, depending on how java works, but like videoredo has a set of 5 favorite directories, it would be awesome if we could have that same feature in kmttg, since usually they are are the same directories.

One other thought I had which might be for way down the line or even a different project, but since autodownload is already running a server, I will suggest it, is to do something like wirns (windows replay network server) which allows you to do lots of the operations thru a web interface and catalog what files you have and such. Just a thought, I am sure since lots of the code is similar for the recorders, maybe a port out for replay users or even a port of wirns for tivo users combination might be an awesome thing for all users of set top box files.

Anyway, some thoughts. I am extremely active in the wirns community so if you want any ideas or whatever, feel free to contact me there. Check it out at wirns.com. Owning both a tivo hd and the older replaytvs, I can tell you they are so similar the communities should merge, besides, wirns has poopli which tivo owners could really make use of too, since you can convert the formats pretty easily between boxes with the right software. You can check out poopli.com too.

Please don't anyone lose their minds and start bombing me about tivo being better or replay being better or whatever, I think lots of good work has been done by the community on both sides of the fence and crossing the tools could be a really great idea.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #3035
Stuxnet
Alien Infidel

tivodecode elevation

Using kmttg... tivodecode won't launch for me. Here's the error...

>> DECRYPTING D:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg\output\SpongeBob SquarePants - The Main Drain (01_28_2011).TiVo ...
Failed to start command: "D:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe" --mak MAK --out "D:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg\output\SpongeBob SquarePants - The Main Drain (01_28_2011).mpg" "D:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg\output\SpongeBob SquarePants - The Main Drain (01_28_2011).TiVo"
Cannot run program "D:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe": CreateProcess error=740, The requested operation requires elevation

I turned off UAC... no joy... I have Win7-64 setup... what to do?
Stuxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #3036
moyekj

I think for Win 7 installing anything under Program Files (x86) requires admin permissions. You can try running kmttg as administrator to see if that fixes the issue:
Look at windows install wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/wiki/...s_installation
Specifically:
Quote:
RUNNING JAR FILES AS ADMINISTRATOR

If for some reason you need to run kmttg.jar as administrator you will need to locate the path to javaw.exe and then right click on the file and set properties to run as administrator.
Perhaps a better solution though is install kmttg somewhere other than Program Files which many not require admin permissions.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #3037
innocentfreak

Yeah I found putting KMTTG in a folder in C: worked for me.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #3038
Stuxnet
Alien Infidel

OK... things are working... but I don't quite understand what changed...

I ran the jar file association commands (without thinking that I have both 32-bit and 64-bit java installs) and pointing to the 32-bit java app. That alone didn't fix my problem. So I gave "Run as Administrator" compatibility to the 32-bit javaw.exe file. Tivodecode ran fine.

Not wanting to give all java apps admin-level access, I unchecked "Run as Administrator" compatibility on the 32-bit javaw.exe ... oddly now UAC prompted me to elevate java and when I did Tivodecode again ran fine... this prompt puzzled me (I hadn't seen that previously) so I rebooted figuring that was an artifact of the "Run as Administrator" setting. After reboot I got the same response.

For all practical purposes, I should be where I started, but I'm not... the apps all run after I OK the elevation prompt. That's good, but I'm not sure what else I may have changed on my system. I'm planning to do a "restore" and then test the suggestions to move away from the Program Files path.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #3039
jbernardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I think for Win 7 installing anything under Program Files (x86) requires admin permissions.
Yeah - I've had problems with ANY program that did not have aninstaller. I think in kmttg's case, I ended up changing permissions on the kmttg directory. I had to bring up a command window as administrator to do this though
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner

jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #3040
Stuxnet
Alien Infidel

Success... I rolled back the PC and moved kmttg to D:\ Everything runs and I don't have to elevate any apps... Now if I could improve the download rates. HD programs take about 3 hours for every hour of programming... is that what I should expect?

I recall that TivoDesktop can stream a downloading program in real time (one hour to download one hour of HD programming)... that's 3x the rate I get w/curl. Is TivoDesktop getting the same file as kmttg?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #3041
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuxnet View Post
Success... I rolled back the PC and moved kmttg to D:\ Everything runs and I don't have to elevate any apps... Now if I could improve the download rates. HD programs take about 3 hours for every hour of programming... is that what I should expect?

I recall that TivoDesktop can stream a downloading program in real time (one hour to download one hour of HD programming)... that's 3x the rate I get w/curl. Is TivoDesktop getting the same file as kmttg?
What model are you downloading from specifically? THD units you are lucky to get around 8-11Mbps for PS downloads. So assuming a slow speed of 8 Mbps = 1MByte/sec => roughly 3.6 GByte/hour. S3 OLED units are faster than THD units (say around 13 Mbps) and Premiere units are much faster still (say 20+ Mbps).
To benchmark download speeds try a download using your browser directly. You should not notice much difference between the curl download speed and your browser. If there is then maybe you have an anti-virus program or something throttling curl.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #3042
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
You can do several things to speed up your transfers.

1) Use a wired Ethernet connection. (Is that redundant?)

2) Put both TiVo tuners on different blank/empty channels.

Remember that TiVo is constantly wants to record. So not only is it trying to record 2 HD channels it is also trying to transfer. So this is slow. If you change to empty channels there is nothing to record so all power can go to the conversion and transfer. Even tuning to one blank channel will improve the transfer rate. Also tuning to SD channels will show improvement also.

Good luck!

FYI - Transferring an HD program takes about 15 to 20% longer than the actual program depending on quality. NBC programs are usually faster because they do more compression. ESPN takes longer.

Also remember that when transferring to a PC, TiVo needs to convert process the show before transferring. When doing a TiVo to TiVo transfer the conversion doesn't take place.

Last edited by waynomo : 02-16-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Added additional info
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #3043
Stuxnet
Alien Infidel

I'm using a Premier. I connected via browser and my download rate was 520-530 KB/s. That was taken with one channel recording, one viewing/buffering. The TP is on a power wire LAN (SlingLink).

The power wire lan measures 5 Mbps (PS3 internet line test). My PC downloads at least 1500 KB/s from most internet sites (speedtest.net download result is 15 Mbps) ... I'd love to see 15 Mbps from the TP.

I'll try blanking the channels later... but I wouldn't expect to see that jump.

Win7-64 here... any ideas?

Last edited by Stuxnet : 02-16-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: fixed units
Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #3044
moyekj

Quote:
I'm using a Premier. I connected via browser and my download rate was 520-530 kB/s.
That is awful speed, especially for a Premiere. You should be getting around 2500 KBytes/sec = 20 Mbps. Your posted numbers are a little confusing. By normal convention lowercase b represents bits, upper case B represents Bytes, and there are 8 bits per Byte.
Mbps is a measure of speed and means Mega bits per second.

Sounds like you are using powerline instead of wired ethernet though so that may well explain it.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #3045
Stuxnet
Alien Infidel

I cleaned up the bits and bytes in my last post (I think)... sorry 'bout that... It seems that my power line system may be the problem...

I did retry the download with the tuners set to empty channels. Things actually got worse... maybe the tuning adaptor was having fits with an empty channel.

Can I connect my laptop directly to the TP using an ethernet crossover cable to download recorded programs w/kmttg... I think I've got one of those in a drawer somewhere... I could also see what transfer rates the TP can deliver.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #3046
txporter
One sec, almost done

@Stuxnet- Have you tried rebooting your Premiere yet? I have seen transfer rate issues that were fixed with power cycling the Tivo unit (this was a few years ago with my TivoHD).
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #3047
Stuxnet
Alien Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
@Stuxnet- Have you tried rebooting your Premiere yet? I have seen transfer rate issues that were fixed with power cycling the Tivo unit (this was a few years ago with my TivoHD).
I've tried hard and soft boots... mostly because I had obvious network lockups (couldn't access program lists by PC). I'll give it another try this weekend... I also want to see what effect "standby" has on transfers... I understand it blocks tuner buffering... not sure if it would allow up/downloads.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #3048
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Standby only shuts down the video output while buffering still continues.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #3049
sanjonny

Powerline is definitely the problem, while your pc might be able to get around it's issues, if the tivo is in a different room with more "noise" it could be getting horrible speeds like it sounds like you are getting. and also the router is probably in the same room as the pc while the tivo in another room has all kinds of issues. I have never found a good powerline network that worked well. I agree with trying the wired option. You might be able to connect via laptop to tivo with a crossover cable, it might take static ip addresses, maybe not but it sounds like your main problem is the lan. If your laptop wireless? What speeds do you get if you hook your laptop up to the same wire from the tivo to the computer in whatever room it is in. I have a N wireless network that my tivo connects to thru a bridge and switch and get okay transfers most of the time, the only time speeds really slow down is when my network traffic goes up.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #3050
sanjonny

Ah forgot to mention, there are several free programs you can use to check your network speed. If you have high speeds thru the lan on the laptop at the same place that you have the tivo, then tivo might be the problem, but it really sounds like your lan is the problem and not the tivo. (Based on the fact that powerline lans are notoriously unreliable and consistent)
Old 02-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #3051
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

I ran through the gamut of the different LAN options: wireless, powerline, and I ended up using MoCA to extend my LAN over coax. As mentioned before in other threads, if you can run CAT6 cabling through the walls, do that for the most reliable and effective connection. I'm in an apartment, so my options were limited.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #3052
Stuxnet
Alien Infidel

FWIW, I connected my PC to the power line LAN I use for my TP... here's the connection data...

PC on power line lan.... 620 KB/s (file source: Microsoft XP SP2 upgrade)
PC on wireless G.... 1540 KB/s (file source: Microsoft XP SP2 upgrade)
TiVo to PC (using browser).... 320 KB/s (rebooted TiVo, tuners set to empty channels, firewall disabled)

While the power line lan is limiting... TP is the limiting factor... even more so since I can't seem to download much more than 500 MB of a 5GB recording before the connection dries up (via kmttg or browser).... ughhhh...

I'm downloading TiVo Desktop now to see how it handles the 5GB file...
Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #3053
AudioNutz

Since you can't download with the browser, I'm guessing the issue isn't kmttg. Is it possible to move the TiVo to the same room that your PC lives in (temporarily), and plug it into a real, wired network port? This would rule out the TiVo as the issue, and confirm that it's the network connection.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #3054
boredsox38

Ok, having a bit of an issue. I have a movie that I pulled from my Tivo with KMTTG. I purchased the movie online and moved it over to my tivo via pytivo. When I get to the decryption step I get this error:

tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\KMTTG\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "C:\KMTTG\Batman - Under the Red Hood (02_17_2011).mpg" "C:\KMTTG\Batman - Under the Red Hood (02_17_2011).TiVo"
TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error
ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM
boredsox38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #3055
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredsox38 View Post
Ok, having a bit of an issue. I have a movie that I pulled from my Tivo with KMTTG. I purchased the movie online and moved it over to my tivo via pytivo. When I get to the decryption step I get this error:

tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\KMTTG\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "C:\KMTTG\Batman - Under the Red Hood (02_17_2011).mpg" "C:\KMTTG\Batman - Under the Red Hood (02_17_2011).TiVo"
TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error
ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM
Sounds like you have TS downloads enabled in kmttg which is not recommended. Switch to PS downloads and download again.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #3056
boredsox38

Thanks moyekj. That is the issue but for some reason KMMTG will not download without TS being enabled. It does about 5mb and then skips out. On everyfile. Not sure what the issue is.
boredsox38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #3057
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredsox38 View Post
Thanks moyekj. That is the issue but for some reason KMMTG will not download without TS being enabled. It does about 5mb and then skips out. On everyfile. Not sure what the issue is.
You can try this version of tivodecode, but last I tried there were still issues with it for TS decrypt (does not decrypt video entirely leaving some segments pixelated). Short of that you will need TiVo Desktop installed to decrypt TS downloads without issue. I use VideoRedo along with partial install of TiVo Desktop for decrypting.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #3058
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Can I mention my wished for kmttg feature?

I'd like a destination switch for downloads. Envision it as a virtual train track switch.

Add a pull down with user defined entries - i.e Video, Movies, Documentaries, Specials, Series, ... with a full path for the destination of downloads for each. This parameter could be stored in the Auto transfer settings so a given auto transfer would go to a given folder.

I have 6 disks and have organized my content like that, down to Series A-L and Series M-Z. At present I have to move the files or put in soft links to make new downloads and auto transfers check the right folder.

I think I could try modifying kmttg with that feature but I've have to get up to speed and I'd hate to make a fork.

What d'ya think? Anybody else that could use that?
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #3059
charlesd81

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Sounds like you have TS downloads enabled in kmttg which is not recommended. Switch to PS downloads and download again.
I don't have the setting enabled in the app but for some reason I'll occassionally receive the error. It seems as though it isn't using the right MAK for tivodecode. This happens every so often. The Tivo file downloaded is fine and is complete.
charlesd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #3060
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Just a Windows observance:

When I have Task Manager open showing Processes, and set the "View > Select columns" option to show Base priority, I see that comskip.exe comes in at a priority of "Low". Is this by design?

Further detail:
The Windows (adjustable) priorities are as follows (low to high, on a scale of 0-31):

LOW (4)
BELOWNORMAL (6)
NORMAL (8, default)
ABOVENORMAL (10)
HIGH (13)
REALTIME (24)

I'm transcoding a bunch of videos to mp4, and found this in one of my "error" logs I produce from auto.log when my transcoding script was executing:

Code:
2011_02_18_20:50:34 ERROR: Timing out command that was taking too long: "C:\Program Files\kmttg\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe" -i "\\Dl380-server\ToTivo\Cut Programs\Emergency\35721-The Professor_cut.mpg"
I've found some situations where comskip.exe fails as well, though they've not been marked as "Timing out command". I've since modified my script that's doing the transcoding to set ffmpeg to "BELOWNORMAL" so CPU resources can be more easily shared when kmttg tasks occur. I'm not sure if setting ffmpeg to "LOW" in my script will help with the comskip task when it kicks off, hence my question of whether setting priorities are a part of the kmttg source.