TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
adamwsh

Problem with with info bar in KidZone

Does anyone else have this problem...
While in KidZone, the info bar will randomly appear/disappear for no apparent reason. It will happen a few times in a row, then stop for a while, then happen again. Doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. Does not happen when not in KidZone. Happens on LiveTV or watching a recording.
I wouldn't have a clue how to stop this or why it happens.
Help!
Two Tivo Series2s (One Lifetime, One Monthly)
----------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
adamwsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
emp

I've been using KidZone for over a year and never noticed such behavior, although my 4 year old son is the one who is actually using it.

Are you sure you don't have a remote laying around somewhere with something laying on it like this http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...34#post8108934
emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
adamwsh

So really? No one else has experienced this? I'm very surprised. How could it only be my box? It only happens in KidZone.
Anyone? Anyone?
Bueller, Bueller?
----------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
adamwsh

I'm still having trouble with this. Am I really the only one?
----------

Old 06-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #5
fuzyone

I know this is an old post but I am having the issue as well. I have 3 HD units. My oldest one I bought new many years ago and it did the same random title bar popup for a long time and then suddenly stopped. It has now worked for years without the issue. I just bought another identical HD one and set it up with Kidzone about a month ago. A few days later it started the dreaded title bar popup only in Kidzone. I just chatted with a Tivo rep and they have no clue what it could be. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue in the past and has figured out how to resolve it. Of my 3 HD units I have kidzone on 2 of them and so far they are 2 for 2 on the issue. How can no one else have this issue?
fuzyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #6
adamwsh

I wound up turning off KidZone. I never found a resolution. As I mentioned earlier, I can't believe there aren't more people with this issue. How can it be so isolated?
----------

Old 06-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwsh View Post
I wound up turning off KidZone. I never found a resolution. As I mentioned earlier, I can't believe there aren't more people with this issue. How can it be so isolated?
Maybe few people use KidZone?
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #8
DTxAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwsh View Post
Adam, I came across this thread doing a search for something else. If I remember correctly, this happened to me and it was fixed by turning off the "remote network control" function in settings (the one that lets you change channels, etc. via the Ethernet connection).

Not that it would help you, but in case it helps anyone else searching about the same problem.

Cheers!
DTxAg is offline   Reply With Quote