TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #2941
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post

But the GUI interface that comes up when you click in the field only lets you see the current drive (unless I'm doing something wrong).
Don't know anything about Mac platform but on Windows platform the File Browser gives access to all volumes and in Linux I can get to all automounts as well.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #2942
mattack

Another bug.. Toggling "Show Folders" while it's getting the now playing list gets another exception...

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.nplTable.displayFlatStructure(nplTable.ja va:544)
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.nplTable.RefreshNowPlaying(nplTable.java: 517)
at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.tivoTab$7.actionPerformed(tivoTab.java:19 7)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButto n.java:1882)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractB utton.java:2202)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultBu ttonModel.java:420)
at javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(JTogg leButton.java:269)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Bas icButtonListener.java:236)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5602)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:312 9)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5367)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2010)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4068)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2068)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3903)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container. java:4256)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.j ava:3936)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java: 3866)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2054)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1801)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3903)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventD ispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDis patchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:176)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:11 0)

and ok, I see now that it *beeps* when it gets the error getting now playing list.. I wish I could turn off that beep.... (and I wish it would use the portion of the now playing list that it had successfully gotten...)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #2943
trstno141

kmttg shows 0 GB FREE

I just upgraded my TiVo HD to a new 1 TB hard drive and kmttg no longer shows how much free space I have. It just says 0 GB FREE. I've got the latest version v0p7r and it doesn't show any error messages.
trstno141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #2944
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You have to input the space yourself. A 1TB drive will have 915 Mb of total space.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #2945
trstno141

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
You have to input the space yourself. A 1TB drive will have 915 Mb of total space.
I don't see where to add that. 915 GB not Mb.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #2946
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstno141 View Post
I just upgraded my TiVo HD to a new 1 TB hard drive and kmttg no longer shows how much free space I have. It just says 0 GB FREE. I've got the latest version v0p7r and it doesn't show any error messages.
After you enter 915, hit enter. It doesn't update until you hit enter.

It is at the top of the disk usage screen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #2947
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You should see the 'Disk Usage' button, press that, then enter 907.0 and press enter. I now say 907 gb because that is what I have mine set for my 1 Tb.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #2948
trstno141

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #2949
sanjonny

stupid question about metadata and videoredo

i am working with an evaluation version of video redo and playing with the integration with kmttg. I want the cut files to come out in the cut directory but without the _cut tag on them. I have looked and looked thru the setting and the forum and cannot find out how to do this. Is there no user setting to remove this. I know if I manually do the editing and saving, then I can rename them or rename them afterward, but kmttg is so friendly that I figured there is a way to change this but cannot find it. If not, can anyone suggest a good file renamer program so that I could strip that off my completed files when done.

Question 2/suggestion if it doesnt exist. I have a bunch of files I downloaded earlier and they all have metadata. When I load them into kmttg to process like editing with videoredo, it doesn't pick up the tag info, so I have to manually copy the tag once the files are processed. Is there any way to have this happened and if not, it seems like a great suggestion going forward.

Thanks in advance for your help. I did really try and find the answers but couldnt and I know there are people who do this everyday who know how to do it.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #2950
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
i am working with an evaluation version of video redo and playing with the integration with kmttg. I want the cut files to come out in the cut directory but without the _cut tag on them. I have looked and looked thru the setting and the forum and cannot find out how to do this. Is there no user setting to remove this. I know if I manually do the editing and saving, then I can rename them or rename them afterward, but kmttg is so friendly that I figured there is a way to change this but cannot find it. If not, can anyone suggest a good file renamer program so that I could strip that off my completed files when done.

Question 2/suggestion if it doesnt exist. I have a bunch of files I downloaded earlier and they all have metadata. When I load them into kmttg to process like editing with videoredo, it doesn't pick up the tag info, so I have to manually copy the tag once the files are processed. Is there any way to have this happened and if not, it seems like a great suggestion going forward.

Thanks in advance for your help. I did really try and find the answers but couldnt and I know there are people who do this everyday who know how to do it.
There's no way currently around it as that convention was in place before option to define .mpg Cut output dir was available and thus the suffix was necessary since cut file always ended up in same dir as mpg file.
I've checked in an update for next release related to _cut suffix which will help you in future:
If .mpg Cut Dir is defined as a different directory than .mpg Output Dir then the _cut suffix is no longer used for the output mpeg file name for the Ad Cut task.

Something like the following batch script for windows can remove _cut string from all file names in a given directory.

file_rename.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem Script to remove _cut from file names in a specified folder

setlocal
set workDir=.
if not "%~1"=="" set workDir=%~1
if not exist "%workDir%" echo %~1 does not exist&goto :EOF

pushd "%workDir%"
for /f "tokens=*" %%a in ('dir /b /a-d "*" 2^>NUL') do call :PROCESS "%%a"
popd

goto :EOF

:PROCESS
set fileName=%~1
set orig=%~s1
set basename=%~nx1
set dirname=%~dp1
set new_basename=%basename:_cut=%
set new=%dirname%%new_basename%
if not "%orig%" == "%new%" (
   rem Move operation changed to echo for testing purposes
   echo move "%orig%" "%new%"
)
NOTE: Obviously remove the "echo" on 2nd last line to actually do it - currently the script will just show what it's going to do.

Last edited by moyekj : 01-09-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #2951
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
There's no way currently around it as that convention was in place before option to define .mpg Cut output dir was available and thus the suffix was necessary since cut file always ended up in same dir as mpg file.
I've checked in an update for next release related to _cut suffix which will help you in future:
If .mpg Cut Dir is defined as a different directory than .mpg Output Dir then the _cut suffix is no longer used for the output mpeg file name for the Ad Cut task.

Something like the following batch script for windows can remove _cut string from all file names in a given directory.

file_rename.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem Script to remove _cut from file names in a specified folder

setlocal
set workDir=.
if not "%~1"=="" set workDir=%~1
if not exist "%workDir%" echo %~1 does not exist&goto :EOF

pushd "%workDir%"
for /f "tokens=*" %%a in ('dir /b /a-d "*" 2^>NUL') do call :PROCESS "%%a"
popd

goto :EOF

:PROCESS
set fileName=%~1
set orig=%~s1
set basename=%~nx1
set dirname=%~dp1
set new_basename=%basename:_cut=%
set new=%dirname%%new_basename%
if not "%orig%" == "%new%" (
   rem Move operation changed to echo for testing purposes
   echo move "%orig%" "%new%"
)
NOTE: Obviously remove the "echo" on 2nd last line to actually do it - currently the script will just show what it's going to do.
Awesome, thanks for the help on both questions!
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #2952
cweb

Time to complete qsfix ...

I just did a clean install of my kmttg & video redo setup to a new multi-core machine. I use qsfix (in kmttg) to do both decoding & qsfixing.

If I remember correctly qsfix use to take some 30+min to complete. Now it takes only around three minutes. Its such a improvement, I worry I forgot to configure some setting. The resulting encodes seem ok.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #2953
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
I just did a clean install of my kmttg & video redo setup to a new multi-core machine. I use qsfix (in kmttg) to do both decoding & qsfixing.

If I remember correctly qsfix use to take some 30+min to complete. Now it takes only around three minutes. Its such a improvement, I worry I forgot to configure some setting. The resulting encodes seem ok.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
3 minutes is much more like it. On my 3 year old core 2 duo laptop it takes ~ 5 mins per 1 hour of HD recording to run qsfix (combined decrypt + qsfix).

Old 01-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #2954
bwall23

Question Anyone else using kmttg with 2+ TiVo's and seeing this?

Anyone notice when downloading from 2+ TiVo's that things download / process out of order?

I'm doing this in the GUI on Win7-64 using v0p7r.

It appears to finish downloading / processing everything, but things appear to run out of order.

i.e. you would think if you started processing a show on TiVo-1, then a show on TiVo-2, that it would download & process everything for TiVo-1 first, then TiVo-2. But it appears to be atomizing things in some unknown order and jumping from one TiVo to the next and back.

Guess maybe it's time to add more information about the settings, as I can't figure out this behavior from the WiKi?

example:
OPTIONS: metadata, download(implied), custom (post-process)
ACTION1: TIVO1_show started (TiVo [3] HD, me fast)
ACTION2: TIVO2_show started (TiVo [4] Premiere, me faster)
RESULT1: TIVO1_show metadata generated
RESULT2: TIVO2_show metadata generated
RESULT3: TIVO2_show download
RESULT4: TIVO1_show download
RESULT5: TIVO1_show post-process
RESULT6: TIVO2_show post-process

RESULT7: Operator confused and shrugs?!?
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:44 AM   #2955
moyekj

I don't really see anything odd there. For 2 different TiVos the tasks for 1 TiVo have no bearing/influence on the other and kmttg scheduler runs tasks in parallel whenever possible unless limited by your "active job limit" setting (which only influences non-download CPU intensive jobs such as decrypt/encode).

In this example:
Obtaining TIVO1 metadata may have taken a little longer than obtaining TIVO2 metadata which would explain why TIVO2 download started first.
If TIVO1 post-process started first that just means that download completed before the TIVO2 download did.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #2956
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
...kmttg scheduler runs tasks in parallel whenever possible unless limited by your "active job limit" setting (which only influences non-download CPU intensive jobs such as decrypt/encode)...
This sometimes comes back to bite me.

I use the loop in GUI option (thanks for this!). Occasionally, I'll stop kmttg to clear the log. Upon restart, I've had occasion where loop in GUI wasn't checked and has gone unnoticed for several hours. When I finally do enable the option, I get quite a few items in the job queue. With downloading unhindered, I've at times run out of disk space which then causes a bunch of other problems:

ERROR: curl: (23) Failed writing body
ERROR: tivodecode failed (exit code: 6 )
QSFix failures writing to disk
ERROR: source file not found
ERROR: vprj file not found
ERROR: mpeg file not found
ERROR: This is not a valid video file to be pushed

I have a custom command that deletes successfully pushed files which normally keeps my disk relatively clean, but there are times when the number of downloads exceeds the free space available before the custom command has a chance to execute.

Can there be an option to serialize downloads?

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #2957
moyekj

If using GUI instead of service mode then you can always dedicate a separate kmttg to each TiVo which then limits downloads to 1 at a time automatically. i.e. kmttg1 tied to only TiVo1, kmttg2 tied to only TiVo2, etc. That way you can also have different target folders potentially on different volumes for each TiVo as well to help manage disk space. Not quite what you are asking for I know but just an idea.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #2958
moyekj

FYI, in latest SVN there is now a new config option under Program Options tab called Allow only 1 download at a time which I think implements what you were looking for. Pretty easy to implement so I threw it in there.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #2959
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post
Anyone notice when downloading from 2+ TiVo's that things download / process out of order?

I'm doing this in the GUI on Win7-64 using v0p7r.

It appears to finish downloading / processing everything, but things appear to run out of order.

i.e. you would think if you started processing a show on TiVo-1, then a show on TiVo-2, that it would download & process everything for TiVo-1 first, then TiVo-2. But it appears to be atomizing things in some unknown order and jumping from one TiVo to the next and back.
No, it's not out of order, I don't think.

The program is being SMART (IMHO). It can talk to EACH Tivo at one time (i.e. each tivo can only do one thing at a time).. But it is speeding up the whole process by being able to do ONE thing on each Tivo simultaneously.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #2960
mattack

I realize this is a VERY minor issue, and probably nobody else cares.

I used to be confused about why some things would show a percentage in the list, and why some would show a time. I realized that the topmost item being worked on shows the percentage *in the title bar* and shows the progress bar in the middle of the window. Other items being worked on (see previous reply) show percentage.

IMHO, it would be great if all of them showed percentage, since then I (the user) wouldn't have to look around to random places to figure out where the info about how complete it is was. (If it showed it in the titlebar TOO, I wouldn't mind.)

That way, I could always look at the list, and see percentage done.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #2961
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
FYI, in latest SVN there is now a new config option under Program Options tab called Allow only 1 download at a time which I think implements what you were looking for. Pretty easy to implement so I threw it in there.
Nice! Thank you!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #2962
cweb

Simple kmttg Custom Command???

Could somebody help me with what I hope is a most simple custom command / script? Command line stuff is a weakness of mine.

I use the kmttg file naming convention: [mainTitle][/][mainTitle] ["Ep" EpisodeNumber " "][year]-[monthNum]-[mday] [episodeTitle] and my Encode Output Dir is simply f:\tivofinal.

After the encode is finished, I would like to simply move the encoded file to a new drive and directory: g:\tivoshows\[main Title] (no brackets). If the directory [mainTitle] doesn't exist then create it.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #2963
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Could somebody help me with what I hope is a most simple custom command / script? Command line stuff is a weakness of mine.

I use the kmttg file naming convention: [mainTitle][/][mainTitle] ["Ep" EpisodeNumber " "][year]-[monthNum]-[mday] [episodeTitle] and my Encode Output Dir is simply f:\tivofinal.

After the encode is finished, I would like to simply move the encoded file to a new drive and directory: g:\tivoshows\[main Title] (no brackets). If the directory [mainTitle] doesn't exist then create it.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Windows?

Edit: Why not just set the Encode Output Dir to "g:\tivoshows\"?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #2964
cweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Windows?

Edit: Why not just set the Encode Output Dir to "g:\tivoshows\"?
Yes, windows.

The directory I am storing the shows on is an external drive. Every so often when I encode directly to the drive, the connnection will hiccup for a split instance. The result locks up my system. It doesn't happen often, but enough that the reboots are annoying. It doesn't appear to happen when I encode to a internal drive. This was my attempt at a work around.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #2965
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Yes, windows.

The directory I am storing the shows on is an external drive. Every so often when I encode directly to the drive, the connnection will hiccup for a split instance. The result locks up my system. It doesn't happen often, but enough that the reboots are annoying. It doesn't appear to happen when I encode to a internal drive. This was my attempt at a work around.
Here ya go:
Code:
::MoveFile.bat
@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL

SET FullPath=%~p1

CALL :Get_Parent "%FullPath:~0,-1%"

IF NOT EXIST "G:\tivoshows\%ParentPath%" (
    MKDIR "G:\tivoshows\%ParentPath%"
)

MOVE "%~1" "G:\tivoshows\%ParentPath%\"

EXIT /B

:Get_Parent
SET ParentPath=%~n1
GOTO :EOF
Save that in your kmttg folder as "MoveFile.bat". In your custom command configuration, pass [encodeFile] as an argument to the bat file, similar to this:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\kmttg\MoveFile.Bat" [encodeFile]

Old 01-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #2966
cweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Here ya go:

Save that in your kmttg folder as "MoveFile.bat". In your custom command configuration, pass [encodeFile] as an argument to the bat file, similar to this:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\kmttg\MoveFile.Bat" [encodeFile]
Thanks orangeboy. I really appreciate it. I'll give it a try this evening.

I just remembered that I also need to move the .txt file. Should I be able to pass an additional [metaFile]? For example:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\kmttg\MoveFile.Bat" [encodeFile] [metaFile]

Old 01-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #2967
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Thanks orangeboy. I really appreciate it. I'll give it a try this evening.

I just remembered that I also need to move the .txt file. Should I be able to pass an additional [metaFile]? For example:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\kmttg\MoveFile.Bat" [encodeFile] [metaFile]
Sorry, no, not as it stands. I'll see about adding that part in though!
Is your metadata files option set to encodeFile? I don't know if that matters or not. Mine is set to "last".

This will do both [encodeFile] and [metaFile]:
Code:
::MoveFile.bat
@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL

:Loop
IF "%~1"=="" GOTO Done

SET FullPath=%~p1

CALL :Get_Parent "%FullPath:~0,-1%"

IF NOT EXIST "G:\tivoshows\%ParentPath%" (
    MKDIR "G:\tivoshows\%ParentPath%"
)

MOVE "%~1" "G:\tivoshows\%ParentPath%\"

SHIFT
GOTO Loop

:Done
EXIT /B

:Get_Parent
SET ParentPath=%~n1
GOTO :EOF
Edit: Let me know if your metadata files option is set to "all". I'm not sure what [metaFile] would resolve to in that case!

Last edited by orangeboy : 01-13-2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Add metaFile logic
Old 01-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #2968
moyekj

v0p7s released

v0p7s version just released with a few enhancements based on recent requests such as option for combined download/decrypt, option to limit NPL retrieval to fewer shows and option to limit kmttg to 1 download at a time for all TiVos on your network and a channel filter for auto transfers.
See release notes for all the details.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #2969
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Looks like some good stuff added - Thanks!

Old 01-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #2970
txporter
One sec, almost done

Kevin, not sure if you noticed that VRD v4 indicated in their latest release notes that ffmpeg is now an option for decode/encode. Not sure how fully it is being supported or incorporated yet, but opens up new possibilities for encoding options in kmttg it seems.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote