TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #31
keenanSR

Try a re-boot of the TiVo and/or the computer? I tried Vuze awhile back and can't remember exactly how it worked but I seem to recall having to re-boot one or the other.
keenanSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #32
kcantrel

Okay, I downloaded and installed Wireshark. Are there any particular filters you want me to apply? Do you just want me to capture 10 minutes worth and save the capture file somewhere where you can download it?

I can see where it is receiving the "TivoConn" (protocol) "Discovery Beacon" (Info). Of course that make sense, since Vuze "saw" the TiVo. It is the TiVo that isn't "seeing" Vuze. Should I be seeing some response from my PC/Vuze? If so, that doesn't seem to be happening. I'm literally not seeing any traffic towards the TiVo, I finally ping'ed it just to make sure Wireshark was monitoring outgoing traffic and it did log the pings.

I appreciate your help "Evil Code Monkey!"
kcantrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #33
kcantrel

I just rebooted both, still nothing shows up on any of the TiVos.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #34
morac
Cat God

Vuze should be broadcasting out beacons similar to the incoming ones. If it's not then the TiVos won't see Vuze.

It's been a while since I played with Vuze, but I remember there being a setting to enable sharing. Make sure that's turned on.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #35
kcantrel

Man, there are a million settings on Vuze but I think I stumbled across something. I turned off "simple view" for Devices and that uncovered the "Media Servers" and that allowed me to see the settings for the Vuze Media server on my PC. Under properties for it, it shows the IP address it had for itself. Unfortunately that IP address was bound to my VMware logical adapter. So then, I went to the advanced network settings under Connection and configured Vuze to bound to the "real" Ethernet device.

After restarting Vuze now the Media server says it as the same IP address as my PC, which of course is in the same network as the TiVos, but the TiVos still don't "see" it, and Wireshark still doesn't log any out going packets.

Any other suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it? I'll try posted to the Vuze forum, but based on the activity there, I don't think it is monitored much.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #36
morac
Cat God

If I can remember I'll try playing with it when I get home and see what it does.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #37
kcantrel

Thanks Morac. Note that I sniffed the VMware logical device and sure enough, the TiVo beacons are still being sent there. I'm guessing this is a bug. I just posted to the Vuze forum: http://forum.vuze.com/thread.jspa?threadID=92025 so you might check it before doing any work in case one of them are able to tell me what I can do to resolve it.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #38
kcantrel

As a quick update. One of the developer of Auze was able to quickly patch it to do the right thing. The latest beta version 4.4.0.7 B18 is working as expected.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:28 AM   #39
Pabs82

Hey, I just bought a TIVO and want to play shows from my computer on it. I have Vuze and have opened the Now Playing List but it is not there. My vuze has it and i have copied files to it ok, but how do i see these files?
Pabs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #40
MyM3

I have the Vuze icon on my Now Playing list as well, although it says that there are no recordings. My Vuze is open on my PC and the Vuze screen is showing the library. Will I need to install TiVo Desktop (for the PC) in order to play my Vuze library on my Premiere XL?

G. Gordon Liddy
MyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #41
MPSAN

Will the FREE Tivo Desktop play VUZE files or do we need the Desktop PLUS?

TIA

Last edited by MPSAN : 12-29-2010 at 05:47 PM.
MPSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #42
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN
Will the FREE Tivo Desktop play VUSE files or do we need the Desktop PLUS?

TIA
It's been a while, but I'm fairly certain you don't need TiVo Desktop installed.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:09 PM   #43
Len McRiddles

Works great here
Len McRiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #44
MPSAN

Thanks! I have utorrent but I hear that VUZE is better. Can we specify HD content or is the Torrent part the same as all of the others? I have a few shows I used utorrent on and I have .mkv files. Can I load them into VUZE and have the TIVO's in my house see them?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #45
Johncv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
Thanks! I have utorrent but I hear that VUZE is better. Can we specify HD content or is the Torrent part the same as all of the others? I have a few shows I used utorrent on and I have .mkv files. Can I load them into VUZE and have the TIVO's in my house see them?
VUZE let you search by title. After you download a show you then drag it to the TiVo, Playstation3 or X-Box icon.

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #46
rlcarr

Is TiVo support in the Linux version of Vuze?

I'm wondering because I have the Linux version installed and it works fine for torrenting, but I'm unable to find out how to turn on the Device Playback support. I don't see any "Devices" button the sidebar like they show on the Vuze website.
rlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #47
Johncv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcarr View Post
Is TiVo support in the Linux version of Vuze?

I'm wondering because I have the Linux version installed and it works fine for torrenting, but I'm unable to find out how to turn on the Device Playback support. I don't see any "Devices" button the sidebar like they show on the Vuze website.
In the device options box make sure enable TiVo support is check.

http://wiki.vuze.com/w/User_Guide

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #48
MPSAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncv View Post
VUZE let you search by title. After you download a show you then drag it to the TiVo, Playstation3 or X-Box icon.
Great...I can install it and see if I can drag my previously downloaded .mkv file to the TIVO Icon. I assume VUZE will let me open the mkv and then drag it.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:31 AM   #49
Stinkweed8

Anybody have issues with the conversion process to TiVo from Vuze? I have been using Vuze for a while now, but most of the time i try to move the file to the Tivo device list the conversion starts and then stalls at some point only partially done. I can leave it for days and it stays at the same % of conversion. Restarting sometimes gets it a little further, or sometimes a little lower %.

Any ideas?
Stinkweed8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #50
KCcardsfan

Just tried this transfering from VUZE to the TIVO premiere and it was VERY easy and fast. I am really impressed with it.
KCcardsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #51
shorties

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCcardsfan View Post
Just tried this transfering from VUZE to the TIVO premiere and it was VERY easy and fast. I am really impressed with it.
Do they support pushing it from Vuze yet or do you still have to pull it using the TiVo to initiate.
shorties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #52
ufo4sale

What is the best peer to peer software that would transfer bit torrent(s) from your computer to your TiVo?

I'm currently using Vuze but I have the following error message; transcode failed operation aborted. Does anyone have an idea what it means?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #53
Len McRiddles

I love using Vuze to push it to my Tivo's.
Len McRiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #54
waynomo
My One Time

/bump

(This is now solved)

I need some help. I have downloaded a torrent using Vuze. I want to convert it so I can watch it on TiVo. This used to be so easy. I have a new installation of Vuze. I don't have the sidebar on the left where I could turn on devices and just drag the file over and it would automatically transcode.

I searched and all answers appear to be for the old interface with the sidebar.

Please help!

Solution

The left sidebar with devices wasn't showing up. For some reason a fresh install started with the classic UI as the default. However, when I went in to look what UI it showed that I was in the "Vuze" or current interface. I finally went in and changed it to the classic interface. The interface stayed the same and then changed it back to the modern interface and then the sidebar and devices appeared.

Last edited by waynomo : 10-04-2013 at 11:53 AM.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote