TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #2911
NYHeel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,106
I'm having speed issues. I just got a premiere and I'm getting only 20-21 Mbps using kmttg. On my TivoHD I used to get 7-8 so this is definitely an improvement but I was expecting a lot better. I have the transport stream box checked in kmttg. Also, the Premiere is hard wired to my router via one 10/100 switch and the laptop I'm downloading to is wireless g. At this pace I'm only getting slightly better than real time. Any suggestions?
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #2912
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,510
You will likely get better speeds with laptop hard wired to router instead of using 11g. You can also improve transfer speeds by tuning both tuners to channels you don't subscribe to.

Be warned that TS downloads from Premiere are flaky (you can get incomplete downloads and/or mess up the TiVo web server requiring rebooting to fix) and the current tivodecode can't handle many of them so I would strongly advise against using that option.

As a comparison with PS downloads from hard wired Premiere to 802.11n laptop I get roughly 22-25 Mbps or so compared to about 13 Mbps from my S3 OLED unit with units tuned normally to HD channels. That goes up to 30+ Mbps if I tune to channels I don't receive.
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #2913
avpman
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 22
consistent stalls

No matter which show I pick to download at some point kmttg (vers vop7q)downloading stops before completion. There is no error message, it just stops. The percentage of completion is never the same when it stalls. I'm on Win 7 if that helps. (I do NOT have the TS option enabled). also, "use java for downloads" doesn't start a download at all.

Help!

Last edited by avpman : 12-19-2010 at 10:43 AM.
avpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #2914
cweb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 93
Original Airdate ....

This was discussed a little bit last summer, but I was wondering if anything has changed.

Kmttg's file naming seems to use "time" metadata (time recorded) for the file naming's date feature. What I really need is the original air date which also is available in the generated .txt file.

Is there any way to incorporated the OriginalAirDate into the file name (please)?

Thanks.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #2915
danterner
Not it!
 
danterner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Greenacres, FL
Posts: 8,759
Not long ago I managed to set kmttg up and it seemed to be working fine (FANTASTIC program, by the way!). Now, though, I seem to be getting error messages. I don't understand what they mean. Can anyone shed any light?

Quote:
>> Running auto transfers for TiVo: Terner HD Fam Rm
>> Getting Now Playing List from Terner HD Fam Rm ...
C:\KMTTG\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie6914786934120334428.tm p --url https://192.168.1.101/TiVoConnect?Co...AnchorOffset=0 --output C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\NPL3826461845362740092.tmp
NPL job completed: 0:02:09
---DONE--- job=playlist tivo=Terner HD Fam Rm
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 817
at com.tivo.kmttg.util.parseNPL.parseFile(parseNPL.java:115)
at com.tivo.kmttg.task.NowPlaying.parseNPL(NowPlaying.java:213)
at com.tivo.kmttg.task.NowPlaying.check(NowPlaying.java:200)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobData.check(jobData.java:133)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.monitor(jobMonitor.java:121)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.kmttg$3.actionPerformed(kmttg.java:65)
at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Goozex:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 PM   #2916
cweb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 93
moyekj:

Were you at one time going to add a feature that would keep you from re-downloading a show that had already been downloaded, converted and uploaded back to the tivo?
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #2917
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Not long ago I managed to set kmttg up and it seemed to be working fine (FANTASTIC program, by the way!). Now, though, I seem to be getting error messages. I don't understand what they mean. Can anyone shed any light?
That indicates a failed or partial TiVo listings were obtained. Should not be recurring issue. I checked in to source tree after last kmttg release a more graceful error message for that kind of error to make it more obvious - will be part of next release.
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #2918
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
This was discussed a little bit last summer, but I was wondering if anything has changed.

Kmttg's file naming seems to use "time" metadata (time recorded) for the file naming's date feature. What I really need is the original air date which also is available in the generated .txt file.

Is there any way to incorporated the OriginalAirDate into the file name (please)?

Thanks.
Not really. As was mentioned before OriginalAirDate is only available in extended metadata (would require more http calls to obtain) and not all shows have the entry even in extended metadata, so it's not a reliable component to use in File Naming. You could probably write a "custom" script that checks metadata file and changes the file name accordingly if present if you really want it.
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #2919
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
moyekj:

Were you at one time going to add a feature that would keep you from re-downloading a show that had already been downloaded, converted and uploaded back to the tivo?
If it retains same ProgramId when uploaded back to TiVo then there should be an entry in auto.history file preventing it from being downloaded again in auto transfers mode. (I don't recall if ProgramId is used when pulling programs back to TiVo or not via pyTiVo though). If for some reason ProgramId is not retained you can use Auto Transfers - Add selected to history file to graphically add the relevant entries to auto.history file to prevent them from being transferred.
Else if you "push" to TiVo instead of "pull" then it gets marked as copy protected so can't be transferred again anyway.
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:45 AM   #2920
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 15,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
That indicates a failed or partial TiVo listings were obtained. Should not be recurring issue. I checked in to source tree after last kmttg release a more graceful error message for that kind of error to make it more obvious - will be part of next release.
I'm seeing this kind of exception frequently too.. I'm not sure if the line # (??) after outofboundsexception is the same each time.

Also, I have a LOT of recordings on one of my Tivos. I would love it if I could optionally limit the # of show listings I get. VERY often, what I want to download is in the first page or so of listings I see, sorted by date. If I could limit the # kmttg gets, optionally, that would speed up my usual usage.


Here's what I just saw:
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Tivo Series3 (128/1266)...
/usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/cookie4209572847831912228.tmp --url https://192.168.1.117/TiVoConnect?Co...chorOffset=128 --output /tmp/NPL7771988485501913819.tmp
NPL job completed: 0:01:34
---DONE--- job=playlist tivo=TivoHD
>> Continuing Now Playing List from TivoHD (256/386)...
/usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/cookie3660442524516358404.tmp --url https://192.168.1.120/TiVoConnect?Co...chorOffset=256 --output /tmp/NPL1528195716710172999.tmp
NPL job completed: 0:05:26
---DONE--- job=playlist tivo=TivoHD
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2799
at com.tivo.kmttg.util.parseNPL.parseFile(parseNPL.java:94)
at com.tivo.kmttg.task.NowPlaying.parseNPL(NowPlaying.java:213)
at com.tivo.kmttg.task.NowPlaying.check(NowPlaying.java:200)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobData.check(jobData.java:133)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.monitor(jobMonitor.java:121)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.kmttg$3.actionPerformed(kmttg.java:65)
at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:271)
at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:201)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java :209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:633)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDis patchThread.java:296)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispat chThread.java:211)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDis patchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:196)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:188)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:12 2)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:59 AM   #2921
bwall23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I'm seeing this kind of exception frequently too.. I'm not sure if the line # (??) after outofboundsexception is the same each time.

Also, I have a LOT of recordings on one of my Tivos. I would love it if I could optionally limit the # of show listings I get. VERY often, what I want to download is in the first page or so of listings I see, sorted by date. If I could limit the # kmttg gets, optionally, that would speed up my usual usage.


Here's what I just saw:
>> Continuing Now Playing List from Tivo Series3 (128/1266)...
/usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/cookie4209572847831912228.tmp --url https://192.168.1.117/TiVoConnect?Co...chorOffset=128 --output /tmp/NPL7771988485501913819.tmp
NPL job completed: 0:01:34
---DONE--- job=playlist tivo=TivoHD
>> Continuing Now Playing List from TivoHD (256/386)...
/usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/cookie3660442524516358404.tmp --url https://192.168.1.120/TiVoConnect?Co...chorOffset=256 --output /tmp/NPL1528195716710172999.tmp
NPL job completed: 0:05:26
---DONE--- job=playlist tivo=TivoHD
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2799
at com.tivo.kmttg.util.parseNPL.parseFile(parseNPL.java:94)
at com.tivo.kmttg.task.NowPlaying.parseNPL(NowPlaying.java:213)
at com.tivo.kmttg.task.NowPlaying.check(NowPlaying.java:200)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobData.check(jobData.java:133)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.jobMonitor.monitor(jobMonitor.java:121)
at com.tivo.kmttg.main.kmttg$3.actionPerformed(kmttg.java:65)
at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:271)
at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:201)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java :209)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:633)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDis patchThread.java:296)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispat chThread.java:211)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDis patchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:196)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread. java:188)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:12 2)
You have a lot of recordings on your TiVos (not sure about danterner). I only have two TiVos, but I would prefer to speed up the fetch, rather than limit the listings as there is currently a problem with a TiVo not being in sync with the ToDoList on the TiVo Server (another app) and limiting this list would lead to further problems as you wouldn't know whether it was a self imposed app limitation (and which app) or a problem with your TiVo (again, which one) or it's server. If it comes down to it, make it an optional (not default) user selection. It's confusing enough already trying to sync just two TiVos and determine if you recorded it and it's on a NPL (on which TiVo?), transferred it off to your PC (where?) or have it on one of your TiVo's ToDo lists (which one?).

Last edited by bwall23 : 12-26-2010 at 04:12 AM.
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:45 AM   #2922
bwall23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 73
One down, one to go

The perfect app for recording (are you listening, TiVo?) would work like this.

SETUP: I want to record "The Perfect App Show", all seasons and episodes and after viewing them decide what to keep/delete.
It's a multi season/year series with reruns sprinkled about randomly amongst channels and seasons. Missed seasons/episodes are repeated the following years.
I record via SeasonPass and WishList due to Title/EpisodeName changes, channel showings, etc.
I watch captured recordings, mark keepsakes as keep until deleted and then transfer those to PC, then delete from that TiVo NPL.

Now, I missed a couple episodes for whatever reason.

It's been more than 28 days since it ran.

I have two TiVos, recordings on a PC, Season Passes and Wish Lists.

I set a SeasonPass on one TiVo to get New&Repeats.

QUESTION: I want to make sure, without jumping back/forth between TiVo menus and PC's, that I don't schedule recordings I already have on either of my TiVos (NPL or ToDo) or on my PC.
What single app does that?
You said none?
Is there any interest in this crazy thought, or will I be the 1 dev/usr?

Last edited by bwall23 : 12-26-2010 at 04:51 AM.
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #2923
danterner
Not it!
 
danterner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Greenacres, FL
Posts: 8,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post
You have a lot of recordings on your TiVos (not sure about danterner).
kmttg reports I have 217 shows, 911 GB used.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Goozex:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #2924
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Also, I have a LOT of recordings on one of my Tivos. I would love it if I could optionally limit the # of show listings I get. VERY often, what I want to download is in the first page or so of listings I see, sorted by date. If I could limit the # kmttg gets, optionally, that would speed up my usual usage.
For those circumstances perhaps you could just connect via web browser to download the shows you want as I believe the web browser by default only shows a page at a time of listings (though it's been a long time since I've looked at shows that way and had enough shows on my units to test it).
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #2925
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay
 
ThAbtO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,374
Do you think its possible to have the 'JOBS' as a separate item under the menu bar instead of inside the Files menu. It feels kludgy to go in to Files then Jobs.

Edit: Also, I was wondering what other files kmttg supports for push/pull other than .tivo, mpg, mp4, .wmv? What about .flv?
__________________
Series 2 (80 hrs,PLS, Retired)
TiVo HD 1TB (157 HD Hrs, PLS, "S3HD")
Roamio, Oh Roamio!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 12-27-2010 at 08:46 PM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:08 AM   #2926
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 15,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post
You have a lot of recordings on your TiVos (not sure about danterner). I only have two TiVos, but I would prefer to speed up the fetch, rather than limit the listings as there is currently a problem with a TiVo not being in sync with the ToDoList on the TiVo Server (another app) and limiting this list would lead to further problems as you wouldn't know whether it was a self imposed app limitation (and which app) or a problem with your TiVo (again, which one) or it's server. If it comes down to it, make it an optional (not default) user selection.
AFAIK, there's no way to 'speed up the fetch'.. Because all of the various apps (from what I understand) just do essentially the same thing -- download the listings from the Tivo in batches and do relatively simple text manipulation.. and the text manipulation part is fast.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:11 AM   #2927
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 15,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
For those circumstances perhaps you could just connect via web browser to download the shows you want as I believe the web browser by default only shows a page at a time of listings (though it's been a long time since I've looked at shows that way and had enough shows on my units to test it).
When I was first playing with downloading shows, I did use the web browser..

But the major reason that I use these other programs (previously I used iTivo, now I'm playing with kmttg since for the most part it works better and at least gives me more feedback during the very flaky connecting phase), is so that they will NAME the programs decently and even more importantly, automatically DECODE. (I don't do any auto-conversion.. just download & decode, preferably into folders.)

Oh, and I should probably look at the documentation again, but one slightly annoying problem with using the episode title in the naming scheme is that if it doesn't have an episode title, it will just be named with the DATE. If there isn't already, I wish there was an "episodeTitleOrShowTitleIfThereIsNoEpisodeTitle" token.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #2928
alex w
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Hey Everyone,

Having a bit of an issue here. Hoping some of you smart folks can help me out.

It's a bit of a custom situation, and not necessarily a problem with kmttg.

I am running a custom encode profile using FFMPEG to export images from downloaded and decrypted tivo files. Basically screen capping an entire episode, every 3 frames.

This command line works on every single episode I've done it on (dozens), except 1.

And on top of that, I deleted the episode on the Tivo, then re-recorded it, re-downloaded it, re-decrypted it, and tried again, same thing.

When I "Start Jobs" using this custom encode profile, on this episode only, the progress bar next to the red "Cancel Jobs" button immediately goes to full green, my GPU and CPU start spinning at max on the computer (can hear them), and then it never stops. No temp output file(s) are created anywhere on the computer. Yet, the CPU/GPU is working endlessly.

When it does work, I get a normal progress bar, and it's done in 15/20 mins max. A temp output file is created in the designated folder and rises in MB until done.

An episode from the same channel, recorded right before and after this one, both times, work. So it's not the channel as a whole.

I don't get any red error messages, because it never stops. I have to cancel out.

Is there anything in the tivo recording, or decrypting, or kmttg settings (like naming, etc) that could cause this?

Any kind of broadcast weirdness that would cause FFMPEG's -vcodec mjpeg not to work on particular eps?

Again, this process and command line works on every other thing recorded on the tivo, and downloaded thru kmttg, except this one episode. So I don't believe it's a pure command line fudging.

Any help appreciated. I know it's not a "trouble ticket" level situation, but I can't figure out the logic to this and it's driving me batty.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just converted the decrypted mpg file to a default "hb_tivo_hd_crf" encoding profile MP4, and then ran my custom "screen cap" encoding profile using FFMPEG on that MP4 and it's working. So something seems to be off with the original decrypt, on that one episode.

Last edited by alex w : 12-28-2010 at 04:56 PM.
alex w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #2929
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,510
Sounds like ffmpeg having trouble with that particular show, perhaps caused by a glitch not well handled in ffmpeg for that codec. If you run ffmpeg on command line (outside kmttg) you will likely have same issue. Perhaps try a newer version of ffmpeg. You can find Windows binaries pretty easily via Google such as here:
http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/builds/
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #2930
alex w
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
Thanks for the reply. I will do that in case things like this happen again in future.

Also, not sure if you saw my edit before you responded, in case that changes things to something you may need to address for the program as a whole.

Quote:
EDIT: Just converted the decrypted mpg file to a default "hb_tivo_hd_crf" encoding profile MP4, and then ran my custom "screen cap" encoding profile using FFMPEG on that MP4 and it's working. So something seems to be off with the original decrypt, on that one episode.
Tho I think it's just a glitch in my particular specific setup/need.

Otherwise, program is working fantastic. Great job!
alex w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #2931
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,510
That is a Handbrake encoding profile, so just means that Handbrake was able to encode the mpeg2 to H.264 from which you then re-encoded again using ffmpeg. Nothing really to do with decrypt (TiVo -> mpeg2) from what you describe.
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #2932
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,510
v0p7r released

v0p7r just released - no new features, just bug fixes and some cleanup. See release_notes for details.
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #2933
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 15,869
Trap all exceptions for NPL XML listings parsing in case there is incomplete/corrupt listings being parsed.


So does that mean that when we get this problem, we will still be able to use the program? From previous discussions here, I inferred that you're putting up an error dialog instead of getting an exception. But that won't help those of us in the situation if we still can't download the existing shows that had non-corrupted info.

BTW, "start jobs" is VERY confusing IMHO. It should be something like "add selected".
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #2934
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 8,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
But that won't help those of us in the situation if we still can't download the existing shows that had non-corrupted info.
I'm working on a per TiVo config option where you can limit # of listings fetches obtained. i.e. If you specify 1 for a TiVo, then only 1 fetch (which is the 128 most recent shows) is perfomed. 2 would mean the 256 most recent, etc. 0, the default setting would mean fetch all.
As with most seemingly simple changes this is a lot more work to code than one would think.
__________________
Roamio Pro (GigE)
Elite (MoCA)
Premiere (MoCA adapter)
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #2935
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 15,869
BTW, I think I found a bug.

It looks like you don't check the result of the decoding process to see if it succeeded or not. (I have no idea if that even returns a value indicating success or failure.)

I downloaded the entire Dick Clark New Years Eve show (to save like 10 minutes of musical performances)... and apparently ran out of disk space during the decode operation... so now I only have a ~1.5 hour resulting file. I can re-download, but that takes a LONG time.

That leads to a request. I *think* iTivo does the download-and-decode as one operation, piping between them... So you only need (approx) the size of the file space.. not 2x the file size, since you do in two steps.

Otherwise, I'm largely starting to like kmttg a lot more than iTivo even though it's less of an Apple-like GUI (since it's Java).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #2936
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 15,869
I thought of something else. In the GUI interface, to select the various paths -- I see no way to go to a DIFFERENT PARTITION. It seems to only see the current partition. So I *have* to type in the path. (i.e. it does not use the standard file selection dialog from the system)

Also, it complains if it can't find the path, instead of just possibly creating it (which would be useful if JUST the last part of the path, e.g. 'kmttgdownloads') doesn't exist.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #2937
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay
 
ThAbtO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I thought of something else. In the GUI interface, to select the various paths -- I see no way to go to a DIFFERENT PARTITION. It seems to only see the current partition. So I *have* to type in the path. (i.e. it does not use the standard file selection dialog from the system)

Also, it complains if it can't find the path, instead of just possibly creating it (which would be useful if JUST the last part of the path, e.g. 'kmttgdownloads') doesn't exist.
That depends on what type of computer. On a Windows platform, another partition on the same drive would have a drive letter specification such as C:\, D:\, etc.
__________________
Series 2 (80 hrs,PLS, Retired)
TiVo HD 1TB (157 HD Hrs, PLS, "S3HD")
Roamio, Oh Roamio!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #2938
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I *think* iTivo does the download-and-decode as one operation, piping between them...
pyTivo also does it that way.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #2939
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 15,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
That depends on what type of computer. On a Windows platform, another partition on the same drive would have a drive letter specification such as C:\, D:\, etc.
Yes, but I presume you mean you'd be *typing* in that different path. I was able to do that on my Mac too (e.g. type /Volumes/Extra/ and so on)

But the GUI interface that comes up when you click in the field only lets you see the current drive (unless I'm doing something wrong).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #2940
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay
 
ThAbtO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Yes, but I presume you mean you'd be *typing* in that different path. I was able to do that on my Mac too (e.g. type /Volumes/Extra/ and so on)

But the GUI interface that comes up when you click in the field only lets you see the current drive (unless I'm doing something wrong).
I have it typed in (only once), under config, file settings tab, and no, it will not pull up a window to select your actual path, so it must be typed in.
__________________
Series 2 (80 hrs,PLS, Retired)
TiVo HD 1TB (157 HD Hrs, PLS, "S3HD")
Roamio, Oh Roamio!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |