TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #2881
Berone

Kevin,
Hard to believe it's been over 2 1/2 years since you wrote this. Come a long way! I just started playing with the latest version on my MacBook. All of my .tivo files are downloaded to a MacMini external drive. When I select files I can only see drives connected to my machine. Is there any way to access files across the network?

Thanks!
Anthony
Berone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #2882
tknman0700

My biggest problem is that it seems I have audio sync issues... very bad when using ffmpeg and when I use handbrake after abotu 30 mins seems there is a sync issue.

Any ideas?
tknman0700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #2883
tknman0700

and handbrake seems to take FOREVER - 1.5hrs on a 30 min show using this:

C:\tivoStuff\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i C:\tivoStuff\test.mpg --cpu 4 -f mp4 --large-file --decomb --detelecine -O --encoder x264 -w 1280 -b 2500 -r 29.97 -a 1 --aencoder faac --ab 256 --mixdown dpl12 --arate 48 --drc 0.0 --x264opts ref=2:bframes=2:subq=6:mixed-refs=0:weightb=0:8x8dct=0:trellis=0 -v -o C:\tivoStuff\test.m4v
Old 11-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #2884
tknman0700

The machine it is running on is dual core 2.5 with 8GB Ram - Win7/64
Old 11-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #2885
BigT4187
WDW Nut

Quote:
I am having a little issue that I hope someone can help with. I am running kmttg_v0p7q with the latest java version. My OS is Windows 7 64bit (2.53 GHz core 2 duo CPU and 4GB of RAM). I am running into an issue where most shows I transfer complete fine and the encode completes, but at some point while playing back the encoded file the video freezes, but the audio continues. I am using the "hb_appletv" profile since the "ff" profiles seem to have audio sync issues.

I only run kmttg when doing the transfer/encode. I have restarted both the TiVo Premiere and the PC with the same problem. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I would be most appreciative.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

TiVo Premiere w/WD20EARS 2TB Internal (317 hours HD recording using
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!)

Are you a Walt Disney World fan?
Check out the award winning
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BigT4187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #2886
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berone View Post
Kevin,
Hard to believe it's been over 2 1/2 years since you wrote this. Come a long way! I just started playing with the latest version on my MacBook. All of my .tivo files are downloaded to a MacMini external drive. When I select files I can only see drives connected to my machine. Is there any way to access files across the network?

Thanks!
Anthony
Not familiar with Mac OS but if it's anything like linux/unix NFS mounts then they are all available starting from the root directory "/".
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #2887
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT4187 View Post
I am having a little issue that I hope someone can help with. I am running kmttg_v0p7q with the latest java version. My OS is Windows 7 64bit (2.53 GHz core 2 duo CPU and 4GB of RAM). I am running into an issue where most shows I transfer complete fine and the encode complete, but at some point while playing back the encoded file the video freezes, but the audio continues. I am using the "hb_appletv" profile since the "ff" profiles seem to have audio sync issues.

I only run kmttg when doing the transfer/encode. I have restarted both the TiVo Premiere and the PC with the same problem. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.
What are you playing back on? If you try a different device or application for playback is the problem still there? (i.e. If only 1 device has issue then it's decoder issue for that device).

Old 11-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #2888
AudioNutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Not familiar with Mac OS but if it's anything like linux/unix NFS mounts then they are all available starting from the root directory "/".
On a Mac, back all the way out to your Hard Drive, then scroll down to "Volumes". All connected volumes will show. When utilizing these volumes in a config to place files, use:

/Volumes/name_of_share
Old 11-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #2889
BigT4187
WDW Nut

Quote:
What are you playing back on? If you try a different device or application for playback is the problem still there? (i.e. If only 1 device has issue then it's decoder issue for that device).
I thought the same thing so I've tried VLC and Media Player Classic - Home Cinema on two different PCs. I've also tried different profiles. Still having the same issue.

!)

Old 11-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #2890
moyekj

Quote:
I thought the same thing so I've tried VLC and Media Player Classic - Home Cinema on two different PCs. I've also tried different profiles. Still having the same issue.
Then it's likely an issue with the source recording that needs to be fixed before encoding. Only good solution I know for fixing issues with source recording is VideoRedo QSFix which of course is Windows only. (The fact you mentioned encoding with ffmpeg results in A/V sync issues also points to timestamp problems in the source).

Old 11-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #2891
BigT4187
WDW Nut

Quote:
Then it's likely an issue with the source recording that needs to be fixed before encoding. Only good solution I know for fixing issues with source recording is VideoRedo QSFix which of course is Windows only. (The fact you mentioned encoding with ffmpeg results in A/V sync issues also points to timestamp problems in the source).
So that means I have to purchase VideoReDo? If so, which product?

Thanks.

!)

Old 11-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #2892
moyekj

Quote:
So that means I have to purchase VideoReDo? If so, which product?
Thanks.
They have fully functional trial versions to see if it can actually help you before you commit to purchase. The $50 VideoRedo Plus is sufficient for QS Fix purposes. If you do try it out be sure to complete the free trial registration before using to get a fully functional copy.
http://www.videoredo.com/en/ProductPlus.htm
If you try it within kmttg make sure you run VideoRedo GUI at least once as administrator so that it registers proper components in registry needed to run in batch/COM mode that kmttg uses.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #2893
BigT4187
WDW Nut

Quote:
They have fully functional trial versions to see if it can actually help you before you commit to purchase. The $50 VideoRedo Plus is sufficient for QS Fix purposes. If you do try it out be sure to complete the free trial registration before using to get a fully functional copy.
http://www.videoredo.com/en/ProductPlus.htm
If you try it within kmttg make sure you run VideoRedo GUI at least once as administrator so that it registers proper components in registry needed to run in batch/COM mode that kmttg uses.
I'll give that a shot. Are there any special settings I need to apply in VideoRedo for this to work?

Thanks again!

!)

Old 11-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #2894
moyekj

Quote:
I'll give that a shot. Are there any special settings I need to apply in VideoRedo for this to work?

Thanks again!
No. You can run QS Fix manually in VRD GUI from Tools pulldown menu or you can run via kmttg QS Fix task. As I mentioned if running via kmttg you should first bring up the VRD GUI at least once as administrator (use "run as administrator") to make sure the registry is updated appropriately.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #2895
tknman0700

I have playback sync issues regardless of the device. QT, VLC, Roku, etc.
The unencrypted mpg is fine but when I convert to H.264 there are sync issues.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #2896
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknman0700 View Post
I have playback sync issues regardless of the device. QT, VLC, Roku, etc.
The unencrypted mpg is fine but when I convert to H.264 there are sync issues.
See posts above about VideoRedo QS Fix for (non-free) solution.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #2897
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I recently been transferring some .MP4 to my THD, about 450megs each. When I pulled from the Tivo, it takes a long while and end up with the show info showing the size around 2gb. Then, I pushed with Kmttg and the Tivo shows it as 450 megs as the original file.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #2898
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I recently been transferring some .MP4 to my THD, about 450megs each. When I pulled from the Tivo, it takes a long while and end up with the show info showing the size around 2gb. Then, I pushed with Kmttg and the Tivo shows it as 450 megs as the original file.
That's because pull operations only support mpeg2 program stream format, so mp4 files have to be transcoded to mpeg2 on the fly during transfer which slows things down and makes file pushed to TiVo bigger. On the other hand compatible mp4 files pushed to TiVos are just transferred as is without transcoding. i.e. The key to remember is pull always requires mpeg2, push can transfer certain encodings natively.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:57 AM   #2899
innocentfreak

Not sure if it would be possible, but it would be nice if you could add by folder for files. This way you could select your default directory and it would add any MPG and TiVo file.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #2900
philt56

I'm trying to decode a tivo file on my PC with kmttg and get the following errors almost immediately.

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - Paul McCartney; Nick Cannon
Recorded Thu 12/09/2010 11:37 PM on 188=WMAQDT, Duration = 63 mins
Musician Paul McCartney; radio personality Nick Cannon.
>> DECRYPTING F:\My TiVo Recordings\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo ...
C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "C:\kmttg\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).mpg" "F:\My TiVo Recordings\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "C:\kmttg\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).mpg" "F:\My TiVo Recordings\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo"
TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error
ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM

I used it fine on some files from my HD XL but this seems to be new with the file from my Premiere. I even xferred the file from my Premiere to the XL and then from the XL and got the same error. (had read something about a diff xfer protocol on the Premiere?)

I also tried another file on my Premiere and same thing. I did install the latest Tivo desktop but not sure that matters.

Anybody have any ideas?
philt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:11 AM   #2901
bwall23

Quote:
Originally Posted by philt56 View Post
I'm trying to decode a tivo file on my PC with kmttg and get the following errors almost immediately.

>> DECRYPTING F:\My TiVo Recordings\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo ...
C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "C:\kmttg\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).mpg" "F:\My TiVo Recordings\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "C:\kmttg\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).mpg" "F:\My TiVo Recordings\Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - ''Robert Plant; Nick Cannon; Robert Plant'' (Recorded Dec 9, 2010, WMAQDT).TiVo"
Encryption by QUALCOMM

I used it fine on some files from my HD XL but this seems to be new with the file from my Premiere. I even xferred the file from my Premiere to the XL and then from the XL and got the same error. (had read something about a diff xfer protocol on the Premiere?)

I also tried another file on my Premiere and same thing. I did install the latest Tivo desktop but not sure that matters.

Anybody have any ideas?
Grab the latest version of kmttg and then check your file naming. You have quotes where they shouldn't be.
bwall23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #2902
philt56

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwall23 View Post
Grab the latest version of kmttg and then check your file naming. You have quotes where they shouldn't be.
Installed latest version. Also a file name without quotes did the same thing.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #2903
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:

Encryption by QUALCOMM
Do you have sufficient disk space available on your C: to hold the file?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #2904
philt56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Do you have sufficient disk space available on your C: to hold the file?
yes about 70G, I brought a file over from my HD XL and it decodes fine. Just the Premiere files fail
Old 12-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #2905
moyekj

Quote:
I'm trying to decode a tivo file on my PC with kmttg and get the following errors almost immediately.<snip>
That looks suspiciously like tivodecode thinks this is mpeg2 TS instead of mpeg2 PS file. Make sure you have TS transfers disabled in kmttg when downloading from a Premiere. tivodecode cannot handle them well and TS downloads from Premiere are buggy anyway.
i.e. Make sure following is disabled:
File-Configure-Program Options-Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format

Old 12-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #2906
philt56

Quote:
That looks suspiciously like tivodecode thinks this is mpeg2 TS instead of mpeg2 PS file. Make sure you have TS transfers disabled in kmttg when downloading from a Premiere. tivodecode cannot handle them well and TS downloads from Premiere are buggy anyway.
i.e. Make sure following is disabled:
File-Configure-Program Options-Download TiVo files in Transport Stream format
Ok that option is not set but I haven't been downloading with kmttg (tried but it seems to always hang at some point), will try again. I have been downloading with tivo desktop. But I also transferred the file from the Premiere to the HD and then used tivo desktop with the HD and it still failed. Would the file have been corrupted going from the Premiere to the HD too (it seemed like the HD could play it)?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #2907
moyekj

Latest TiVo Desktop versions default to TS downloads but I believe very latest has option to turn that off. The current tivodecode does not work well at all with TS TiVo files so you should avoid that format if you are going to use it. VideoRedo which uses TiVoDirectShowFilter does work OK with TS downloads, but as I mentioned in general TS downloads tend to be unstable anyway and should be avoided.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #2908
philt56

Quote:
Ok that option is not set but I haven't been downloading with kmttg (tried but it seems to always hang at some point), will try again. I have been downloading with tivo desktop. But I also transferred the file from the Premiere to the HD and then used tivo desktop with the HD and it still failed. Would the file have been corrupted going from the Premiere to the HD too (it seemed like the HD could play it)?
Ok I got kmttg to download the file from the Premiere and then it was able to decrypyt it!

So does Premiere have a diff video file format than a HD? Is there a problem with tivo desktop?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #2909
philt56

Quote:
Latest TiVo Desktop versions default to TS downloads but I believe very latest has option to turn that off. The current tivodecode does not work well at all with TS TiVo files so you should avoid that format if you are going to use it. VideoRedo which uses TiVoDirectShowFilter does work OK with TS downloads, but as I mentioned in general TS downloads tend to be unstable anyway and should be avoided.
Do you know what option that is named in tivo desktop?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #2910
moyekj

Quote:
Do you know what option that is named in tivo desktop?
From another poster (I don't have TD installed) under 2.8.2 disable the check box:
File > Preferences > File Transfer Speed