Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
tivoknucklehead

Brand new Online Season Pass Manager

coming today to all models !

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2010-10/...-pass-manager/

Later today, TiVo subscribers will gain the ability to re-order, transfer, or delete their Season Passes online at www.tivo.com/spm. Which is quite powerful when combined with the pre-existing web scheduling capabilities and To Do List functionality. This may seem like a minor feature, and perhaps it is in the grander scheme, but I can tell you it’s infinitely more efficient and practical to handle these tasks via computer than remote.

In addition to effectively segregating his and hers DVRs, as we have above, the new online Season Pass manager is also good for quickly cleaning up shows you’re no longer interested in (or the networks have removed for you). And it should even allow you to migrate all your Season Passes to a new TiVo – assuming they’re simultaneously active for a time.

Deleting and copying Season Passes is pretty straight forward. Check the shows, click the button. Reprioritization is done via some slick AJAXy drag and drop functionality. While I’ve had access to the feature for a few days, I haven’t actually been home to track how quickly changes are propagated from the cloud down to our actual TiVo hardware. However, I’m told it should happen in under 15 minutes. And, in some cases, Season Pass modifications may even appear near instantaneously.

To address some concerns that have cropped up in the forums… No, this is not solely limited to Premiere hardware. And, yes, it’s not quite the whole home (automated) cooperative scheduling many of us have been pining for. But it’s a solid start. (Plus, in my case, cooperative schedule may not help much – we attempt to record “must have” shows on both TiVo units as our Cisco tuning adapters regularly flake out.)
tivoknucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Great news!!! Now all we need is co-op scheduling added to it...
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Scyber
Former ReplayTV User

Can't wait for this to be available. I just noticed recently that I have some duplicate Season passes across my Tivos. I assume I created them due to conflicts, but with the new season and shows switching days of the week, I don't have those conflicts anymore.
Scyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
tivoknucklehead

this is up and working and actually very cool and useful. Lets you clone your season pass list from one box to another, or drag and drop your shows to re-arrange order
Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
hearncl

I take it this doesn't actually back up a Season Pass list. It would be great to be able to download a SP list from an old to a new TiVo (rather than just copy from one to the other).
hearncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
tivoknucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearncl View Post
I take it this doesn't actually back up a Season Pass list. It would be great to be able to download a SP list from an old to a new TiVo (rather than just copy from one to the other).

it does let you clone your list from an old tivo to a new one as long as they are both connected to the internet at the same time
Old 10-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
innocentfreak

Margret from TiVo is looking into that functionality to see if it is possibly something they could add.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
hearncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearncl View Post
In case you have a single TiVo, the hard drive crashes, and you need to re-establish your SPs.
hearncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
blackngold75

Thumbs up

This is excellent. Thank you, Tivo!
blackngold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #10
Airhead315

Hmm...This just simply did not work for me...

I went in last night and made a TON of changes, deleted a bunch of old season passes, rearranged them. But when I left the season pass manager and returned after going to "Find TV Shows" it was all back to normal. I figured that my changes just had not been committed to my TiVo yet so I went to bed. This morning its still showing my old season pass list. Shows I had scheduled to record using the website were confirmed as scheduled on the TiVo so my box has definitely communicated with TiVo since my changes.

I will say I was very happy when I was using the new system. It is definitely a nice way to administer the season pass list, if only it worked for me :-/
Airhead315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #11
innocentfreak

I would definitely send feedback to them about it and send a message to tivodesign on twitter. It seems to choke on too many changes.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
deandashl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead315 View Post
Hmm...This just simply did not work for me...

I went in last night and made a TON of changes, deleted a bunch of old season passes, rearranged them. But when I left the season pass manager and returned after going to "Find TV Shows" it was all back to normal. I figured that my changes just had not been committed to my TiVo yet so I went to bed. This morning its still showing my old season pass list. Shows I had scheduled to record using the website were confirmed as scheduled on the TiVo so my box has definitely communicated with TiVo since my changes.

I will say I was very happy when I was using the new system. It is definitely a nice way to administer the season pass list, if only it worked for me :-/
Ditto.

Make changes on web, they never happen on TiVo. This appears to be only useful for transferring Season Passes.
deandashl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #13
tivoknucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandashl View Post
Ditto.

Make changes on web, they never happen on TiVo. This appears to be only useful for transferring Season Passes.

I made a few season pass changes on the web and they were on my tivo 15 minutes later, including 3 moves and 2 deletions
Old 10-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #14
danjw1

I haven't tried to make any changes yet. My Tivo is still installing the update. I only have one Tivo HD, but I would really like to see a way to backup my season passes. I can look at the list online and did notice it doesn't seem to include auto record wishlists. This is very much a needed addition. But, maybe I am not seeing those because the update isn't in place. I do think this is a great new feature, and want to thank Tivo for adding it!
danjw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #15
deandashl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoknucklehead View Post
I made a few season pass changes on the web and they were on my tivo 15 minutes later, including 3 moves and 2 deletions
i think it works now. But I should test it again.
deandashl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:00 AM   #16
tmeek

Making Even One Change Takes over 1 Minute

I used the online season pass manager to change just one item in the order of my season passes. It took a full minute to process. At least with the TIVO itself I can make multiple changes before committing them (which then takes 5-10 minutes to process). Also, the online list of shows was not current, and I suspect the non-current list will overwrite my current TIVO list during the next sync.

This appears to be a very bad implementation of a decent idea.
tmeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #17
bsnelson
I'm an Android, baby

TC CLUB MEMBER
Well, I'd like to see the online SPM, but I can't. For three days in a row, when I try to access it, I get the "You must change your privacy settings..." screen with the checkbox. I do that, it says I have to wait 24 hours, and then - I'm right back to that screen.

What gives?

Update: I decided to try the TiVo Live Chat for the first time regarding this issue. The rep was immediately able to resolve the issue, and had me force a connection to update the box. I did so, and the online SPM is working! Great job, TiVo Support!

Brad

Last edited by bsnelson : 10-22-2010 at 10:01 AM.
bsnelson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #18
tivoknucklehead

it has many bugs and is pretty worthless right now
Old 10-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #19
justen_m

This is a step in the right direction, and will be useful when it works. I just wish it was available a year ago when I got my HD so I could have more easily migrated some of my passes from my S2DT.

Now, as someone above mentioned, once the bugs with this are eliminated, it seems that cooperative scheduling is the logical next step, and could probably leverage much of the functionality from online SP management. <fingers crossed>
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #20
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Looks like the same ol' from Tivo - good idea, poorly done half-assed execution.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #21
mllacey

I tested it today and found worked for the most part with one exception.

I was able to transfer 60+ Season Passes from a S2 Dual Tuner to a Tivo HD but only after unselected all Season Passes from Fox (Fox and Cablevision in dispute in NJ).

What I found that if you dont remove channels that you no longer subscribe to the moving of the Season Passes will fail with an non descriptive error.
mllacey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #22
ThreeSoFar'sBro
Sports Nut

This won't even allow me to rearrange online. If/when it works, it will be nice.
ThreeSoFar'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:27 PM   #23
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

Very nice feature! Will come in handy. Would like to be able to see and manipulate manual recordings and AWRLs on the list.

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #24
m_jonis

Well mine transferred the season pass. Unfortunately the season pass doesn't see any of the programs as having upcoming episodes, even when there ARE upcoming episodes.
m_jonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #25
jkdawson

Can't update privacy level

Well, this sounds cool but all I can do is click the box to update my privacy level. It says it may take 24 hours to take effect so I can use the online service. I't been 4 days now and still stuck at the same screen.
jkdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #26
mattack

Call them up.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #27
Tivoitis

Transferring from THD to THD seems to work pretty quickly for me. This will be handy to have when I upgrade my drives, but I agree with the backup suggestion.
Tivoitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #28
tivoknucklehead

is it too much to ask to keep the same order of your season passes when you transfer all from box 1 to box 2. now I have to manually drag and drop 33 season passes
Old 11-16-2010, 09:38 AM   #29
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoknucklehead View Post
is it too much to ask to keep the same order of your season passes when you transfer all from box 1 to box 2. now I have to manually drag and drop 33 season passes
So not too happy with that gift horse, huh? Considering the alternative of manually recreating the Season Passes on box 2, I would think that the 30 seconds or so of dragging and dropping not being a big deal.

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #30
tivoknucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
So not too happy with that gift horse, huh? Considering the alternative of manually recreating the Season Passes on box 2, I would think that the 30 seconds or so of dragging and dropping not being a big deal.

except that if you try to more than 2 or 3 drag and drops it doesn't save them