TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #2791
sanjonny

While I am trying that, I have another problem. Two shows I downloaded will not decrypt and I triple checked the TS stream to make sure it was not selected. They are both big files, 3.6 gb and say the following for each, one is hd and one is sd

The sd error: This is a 2 hour long sd show part one of two and 3.6gb
>> DECRYPTING e:\tivo recordings\tivo\Russia Land of the Tsars - Critical turning points (11_01_2010).TiVo ...
C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "e:\tivo recordings\mpg\Russia Land of the Tsars - Critical turning points (11_01_2010).mpg" "e:\tivo recordings\tivo\Russia Land of the Tsars - Critical turning points (11_01_2010).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "e:\tivo recordings\mpg\Russia Land of the Tsars - Critical turning points (11_01_2010).mpg" "e:\tivo recordings\tivo\Russia Land of the Tsars - Critical turning points (11_01_2010).TiVo"
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM

Invalid MAK -- aborting

and the HD error: this is one hour glee hd show and 6.47gb
>> DECRYPTING E:\tivo recordings\tivo\testfiles complete\Glee - Theatricality (09_14_2010).TiVo ...
C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "e:\tivo recordings\mpg\Glee - Theatricality (09_14_2010).mpg" "E:\tivo recordings\tivo\testfiles complete\Glee - Theatricality (09_14_2010).TiVo"
tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --out "e:\tivo recordings\mpg\Glee - Theatricality (09_14_2010).mpg" "E:\tivo recordings\tivo\testfiles complete\Glee - Theatricality (09_14_2010).TiVo"
processing frame: No error
Encryption by QUALCOMM

Invalid MAK -- aborting

Should I just redownload the files as something happened or what is going on. I saw in the threads that many times this was because of ts format, but I am not using that and this is from tivohd, not premiere. I didn't see if it was just a transport error or what or maybe because the files are large I need a different setting.
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #2792
jbernardis

I would try running the tivodecode commands directly (type or copy/paste the command line in a DOS window) to see if there is any useful information in standard out or standard error.

I also think there might be a way to see standard out/standard error from within KMTTG, but I don't remember what it is - maybe double click the status line?

Perhaps you will get a more meaningful error message there.

The error you do get 'Invalid MAK' indicates that the MAK specified on the command line is incorrect, but if you are able to decode other files, this might be misleading.
1 Win7 HTPC with Ceton Quad Tuner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #2793
sanjonny

Yeah, the mak is okay and two other glee episodes decoded fine. I will try command line as the double click didn't show anything exceptional in the log
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #2794
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
Yeah, the mak is okay and two other glee episodes decoded fine. I will try command line as the double click didn't show anything exceptional in the log
Perhaps run mediainfo on the .TiVo files that won't decrypt properly to check if they are PS or TS container. TiVo files with TS container have many issues and should be avoided.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #2795
sirfergy

Is it possible to have kmttg to push metadata into WTV or dvr-ms files? I'm pulling shows off my TiVo and then pushing to a media center. Right now I have to run VAP which has it's own issues and I'd love to have everything done from one app.
sirfergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #2796
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfergy View Post
Is it possible to have kmttg to push metadata into WTV or dvr-ms files? I'm pulling shows off my TiVo and then pushing to a media center. Right now I have to run VAP which has it's own issues and I'd love to have everything done from one app.
I don't have/use MCE so not familiar with wtv/dvr-ms formats, but are there any public domain command line tools to do those kinds of things? I guess the first question is how are you converting mpeg2 to wtv and/or dvr-ms containers? I would guess you are using VideoRedo TVSuite4? If you start from a .TiVo file with it's own metadata does VideoRedo preserve the metadata in some form in resulting wtv/dvr-ms file? Obviously if VideoRedo can do it then integration is already there with kmttg/VideoRedo, but I'm guessing it does not preserve metadata which is why you posted here.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #2797
innocentfreak

He might be using DVRMStoolbox which is free, but if not there are a bunch of other free Mpeg2 to DVR-MS tools. WTV is another story though since the support isn't there yet that I have found. Even some of the Microsoft MVPs are now moving on to other things rather than the WTV format since there is little to no documentation for the format and Microsoft isn't very forthcoming about support.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #2798
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I don't have/use MCE so not familiar with wtv/dvr-ms formats, but are there any public domain command line tools to do those kinds of things? I guess the first question is how are you converting mpeg2 to wtv and/or dvr-ms containers? I would guess you are using VideoRedo TVSuite4? If you start from a .TiVo file with it's own metadata does VideoRedo preserve the metadata in some form in resulting wtv/dvr-ms file? Obviously if VideoRedo can do it then integration is already there with kmttg/VideoRedo, but I'm guessing it does not preserve metadata which is why you posted here.
VRD doesn't pass .TiVo metadata to any other output format. Until build 607 it did preserve metadata for WTV-->WTV, WTV-->DVRMS, DVRMS-->WTV and DVRMS-->DVRMS. However there is a current post on the VRD TVS4 forum complaining that build 607 isn't doing this -- presumably a recent bug that will soon be fixed.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #2799
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Your reference to VAP "issues" is rather mysterious. I assume you mean limitations of the designed VAP functionality relative to your needs, rather than quality issues, correct? If you have quality issues, please post them on the VAP thread, link in signature, before posting them here.

and
Old 11-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #2800
sirfergy

Issues as in it requires a bunch of extra steps vs just going through kmttg. The tool works for straight conversions.

Yes, todvrms and vap both can set the metadata. That is an interesting thought of using todvrms to set, except it requires sage tv formatted xml.
sirfergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #2801
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Issues as in it requires a bunch of extra steps vs just going through kmttg. The tool works for straight conversions.
Sorry, I really don't want to inject a shoot-off comparison of VAP and kmttg onto this kmttg thread, but you make unclear statements about VAP that I feel need to be clarified in the interest of fairness.

What "bunch of extra steps" are you referring to? Of course VAP does not pull videos from TiVo. You need to use TiVoPlaylist or Desktop to do that. But what other steps comprise a "bunch" of steps?

and
Old 11-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #2802
Ramshackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Unless something has changed, there is a way to have it pull the number that TiVo thinks it is, but it uses absolute numbering which usually isn't correct. The format is usually just 15001 for example and it varies per show. I have been looking for similar options, but I haven't found it. I also haven't found a tool to automatically convert the OAD to the correct SXXEXX format.
I recently wrote a java-based program to query thetvdb.com to try to discern the SXXEXX info based on "Series Name - Episode Name" in the filename, and then rename the file with that info so that xbmc will pick it up. I have been successfully using it as a custom job in kmttg. It obviously doesn't work for shows that aren't recorded with any or incorrect episode names, but it works pretty well so far for me. Also it makes the assumption that, for shows where there is more than one series name match, you want the most recent series (the one with the most recent "first air date").

If you're interested, I can send you the app. It's still pretty new and not battle hardened but it might work ok for you.
Ramshackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #2803
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshackle View Post
I recently wrote a java-based program to query thetvdb.com to try to discern the SXXEXX info based on "Series Name - Episode Name" in the filename, and then rename the file with that info so that xbmc will pick it up. I have been successfully using it as a custom job in kmttg. It obviously doesn't work for shows that aren't recorded with any or incorrect episode names, but it works pretty well so far for me. Also it makes the assumption that, for shows where there is more than one series name match, you want the most recent series (the one with the most recent "first air date").

If you're interested, I can send you the app. It's still pretty new and not battle hardened but it might work ok for you.
I would be interested.

And, no offense, but I'd prefer to take at least a cursory glance at the code... just for my own personal safety.

stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #2804
Ramshackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
I would be interested.

And, no offense, but I'd prefer to take at least a cursory glance at the code... just for my own personal safety.
Sure, no problem. Give me a day or two to get it in a presentable state and I'll send you a link to the source and binaries, plus some basic instructions.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #2805
innocentfreak

Yeah I would be interested in giving it a try.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #2806
Hcour

Started having a problem with kmttg last few days. When copying a program from my Tivo to my computer it stops at about the halfway mark.

I'm running Win 7 and kmttg v0p7k. I tried installing the latest ver of Java tonight but that didn't solve the problem. Thanks for any help.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #2807
Ramshackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
I would be interested.

Ugh. Since I'm so new to the forums, I'm not yet allowed to paste in a link directly, so you'll have to bear with me and type this in yourself:

rossjohnson dot org slash tvdb-renamer

Please note that the software has plenty of limitations as I originally wrote it for my own personal use. If there is interest, I can enhance it further in the future.

Feedback is welcome.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #2808
innocentfreak

http://www.rossjohnson.org/tvdb-renamer/

It sounds cool. I definitely will be interested in giving it a try.

I will have to look at it more tonight when I get home. Is there way to use it on shows already transferred? I would love a simple way to convert the shows I have already transferred. I just can't remember all the options KMTTG has for shows once they are on the PC.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #2809
Ramshackle

Quote:

I will have to look at it more tonight when I get home. Is there way to use it on shows already transferred? I would love a simple way to convert the shows I have already transferred. I just can't remember all the options KMTTG has for shows once they are on the PC.
Yes, you can run it from the command line on any files you already have downloaded. Unfortunately, it doesn't take wildcards at the moment so you'd have to do it a file at a time or write a simple script to run it against each file.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #2810
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
Ugh. Since I'm so new to the forums, I'm not yet allowed to paste in a link directly, so you'll have to bear with me and type this in yourself:

rossjohnson dot org slash tvdb-renamer

Please note that the software has plenty of limitations as I originally wrote it for my own personal use. If there is interest, I can enhance it further in the future.

Feedback is welcome.
Thanks man, I'll give it a look within the next few days.

stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #2811
innocentfreak

Quote:
Yes, you can run it from the command line on any files you already have downloaded. Unfortunately, it doesn't take wildcards at the moment so you'd have to do it a file at a time or write a simple script to run it against each file.
I can think of my first feedback then

When you run the process are you able to customize the output? For example I would drop the date now that I have SxxExx. You touched briefly on it on your site, but being at work I haven't looked at it indepth.

Also is there any limitations on file extensions? I didn't know if it would work with files other than .TiVo and .Mpeg. It might be really helpful with .WTV files.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #2812
Ramshackle

Quote:
I can think of my first feedback then

When you run the process are you able to customize the output? For example I would drop the date now that I have SxxExx. You touched briefly on it on your site, but being at work I haven't looked at it indepth.

Also is there any limitations on file extensions? I didn't know if it would work with files other than .TiVo and .Mpeg. It might be really helpful with .WTV files.
Right now there's no output customization but obviously that would be the first enhancement.

No limitation on the file extensions. In fact, you can specify anything you want inside the parentheses and put anything you want after them, and it will just keep that info in the new filename.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #2813
innocentfreak

Very cool. You might want to post it over at the Green Button since Media Center users might be interested also. Their WTV files have a similar naming scheme as TiVo files.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #2814
innocentfreak

Well I got home and realized I can't use it on my old transfers without renaming them.

Most of my shows are
[mainTitle][/][mainTitle "-" ]["Episode " EpisodeNumber "_"][episodeTitle]

Old 11-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #2815
BigT4187
WDW Nut

I just discovered kmttg yesterday and all I can say is THANK YOU! It does EXACTLY what I needed. Keep up the great work!

TiVo Premiere w/WD20EARS 2TB Internal (317 hours HD recording using
!)

Are you a Walt Disney World fan?
Check out the award winning
BigT4187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #2816
moyekj

Quote:
Well I got home and realized I can't use it on my old transfers without renaming them.

Most of my shows are
[mainTitle][/][mainTitle "-" ]["Episode " EpisodeNumber "_"][episodeTitle]
A better source for information needed to make the thetvdb.com query would be pyTivo metadata file instead of relying on the specific format of the saved file names. That's what the "AtomicParsley" step in kmttg uses now to add metadata to mp4 files.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #2817
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
A better source for information needed to make the thetvdb.com query would be pyTivo metadata file instead of relying on the specific format of the saved file names. That's what the "AtomicParsley" step in kmttg uses now to add metadata to mp4 files.
Can you go back and generate the pyTiVo metadata file off existing Mpg files? In the past I didn't generate the PyTiVo metadata files since I wasn't as worried about it. As I fall further and further behind on shows I am looking for better ways to organize my backlog.

My ultimate goal is still to rename the show to Showtitle - SnnEnn - Episodetitle.mpg. This way it is better organized in my show folders and also some of my metadata programs I use would play nice with it also. I record way too much to rename everything manually. Some of these tools for Media Center have spoiled me.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #2818
moyekj

No, the mpeg2 files don't contain any of the metadata. Obviously .TiVo files do if you still have those available.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #2819
innocentfreak

Ok good to know, didn't think so but I had never tried. I will have to make sure all my files generate PyTiVo metadata just as backup in case someone makes a scraper.

Should I add that as a suggestion now?

Old 11-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #2820
DrewS3

I just tried kmttg on my Tivo HD after being unhappy with Tivo Desktop plus in encoding for my mobile phone. I set up a profile that has great image quality but the audio is a second or two out of sync.
It is my understanding that the only way to fix this is to buy VideoRedo for $50+. Is this correct? Is there another process that will let me automatically download from my Tivo and encode using a custom encoding profile which does not require additional commercial software?
DrewS3 is offline   Reply With Quote