TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
cpgood

Comcast Problems with New Channel Lineup

Comcast has moved all HD content to 4 digit channels in our area. My TiVo on-screen channel guide still lists all HD channels under their old, unavailable, numbers. I have gone through the steps of forcing the TiVo to reset the channel line up bu this has not fixed the problem. I can use the TiVo remote to type in the a new channel number and I can view the channel under Live TV. But I cannot use the channel up or down button on the TiVo remote to move to next 4 digit channel number. Nor can I manage any Season Passes. I have talked to TiVo tech support and they have verified that yes there is a problem. They have submitted a work request to a third party that manages this for TiVo.

My question is ... how could this happen? Comcast has a gazillion customers and many of them are TiVo subscribers. We received a mailing from Comcast 30 days prior to the switch over notifying us of the upcoming change. I didn't give a second thought to calling TiVo about this because historically I have received messages from my TiVo box all the time about channel line up changes. I just assumed that TiVo would be ready for the change. Is TiVo in the dark on this? Or is it something more insidious like Comcast is out to get TiVo?
cpgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
WhiskeyTango

Comcast has switched their lineup but hasn't submitted that change to Tribune who provides the guide data to Tivo. Or you may be receiving Comcasts Xfinity service now. Try rerunning guided set up and see if there is a new lineup available. Or check zap2it.com and see if there is a new lineup available in your area.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Doit2it

I don't know how it happened, or who's fault it is, but I've been emailing Tivo Support and just got a solution.

You have to run the Guided Setup again. After you select Comcast as your Cable Provider the next screen is Channel Lineup. Press the Enter key (NOT SELECT) and you will get a menu with "Digital Rebuild" options. I had 4 and selected Digital Rebuild Extended Basic. If you had Digital Prefered, i would think that would be an option.

I'm on Comcast (now Xfinity) in Nashville, TN and this worked for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tivo XL4 w/LT :: TiVo HD w/LT & 2TB :: LG 47" & 42" HDTVs
Tivo HD w/LT - Mom :: Series 2 80 - Boxed :: Series 2 40 - Boxed
Doit2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
rholler

Angry

For what it's worth, I've been having this same exact problem here in Indiana. Comcast moved all their HD channel numbers from 900-999 to 1000-1999, and since then (22-December) none of my Season Pass programming for HD content has worked.

Comcast claims it's TiVo's fault, and TiVo claims it's Comcast's fault. But it is *ME* who is paying the price, as my new and expensive TiVo Premier XL unit is no longer able to operate as it was designed to do.

Sure, I can manually set up a recording for the new channel numbers, but the recordings are only saved with a cryptic name rather than the actual name of the program, and after I get a few recorded, it's nearly impossible to figure out what they are. And I'm unable to program any Season Passes, or to update the many many Season Passes that I've already spent time programming (and which now no longer work).

This crap has been going on now for nearly 3 weeks, and I'm still paying money to both services, yet neither of them can seem to resolve the problem. I'm so @#$%^'d off at both of these companies I could scream.
rholler is offline   Reply With Quote