TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #2761
moyekj

Native Java tasks (such as javadownload) don't have stdout/stderr so double-clicking on them would not show anything anyway. Other than the Null Exception message dump there's no bad side effect so not a critical problem. I've already checked in code to not attempt to popup window for such tasks for next release.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:52 AM   #2762
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
Not sure what sort of audio that you want exactly. Here is a ffmpeg profile that copies the video and converts the AC3 audio to 2ch MP2 @ 192k. It keeps the file as .mpg. Just download, remove the .txt extension and drop into your kmttg/encode directory.

You can also use AAC audio if you want. Just change the '-acodec mp2' in the string to '-acodec aac' and adjust bitrate (-ab) to whatever you want.

This should work with any mpg file, regardless of resolution. It is simply copying the video over.
i'll take a look, i did find a couple of interesting settings, which i will post once i finished testing the, a followup question, in the recent release notes, there are 2 new profiles added for encode, but i cannot find out what their description is, where would i find that info?(i havent upgraded yet till downloads finish running
sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #2763
moyekj

They were both contributed by none other than txporter:
hb_tivo_hd_crf (for HD sources - targets playback on TiVos):
Handbrake tivo hd: mp4 container, Constant Quality (CRF=21) h.264 video, ac3 audio

hb_tivo_sd_crf (for SD sources - targets playback on TiVos):
Handbrake tivo sd: mp4 container, Constant Quality (CRF=19) h.264 video, ac3 audio

NOTE: mp4 container with AC3 audio is relatively new and not many media players/devices support that (but TiVo Series 3 & Series 4 machines do).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #2764
txporter
One sec, almost done

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
They were both contributed by none other than txporter:
hb_tivo_hd_crf (for HD sources - targets playback on TiVos):
Handbrake tivo hd: mp4 container, Constant Quality (CRF=21) h.264 video, ac3 audio

hb_tivo_sd_crf (for SD sources - targets playback on TiVos):
Handbrake tivo sd: mp4 container, Constant Quality (CRF=19) h.264 video, ac3 audio

NOTE: mp4 container with AC3 audio is relatively new and not many media players/devices support that (but TiVo Series 3 & Series 4 machines do).
In addition that what moyekj described above, these profiles will also run an inverse telecine on shows that are telecined, or will deinterlace shows that are interlaced. I included a weak denoiser in the profile as well just to shave a bit of bitrate off the final encodes without much difference in quality. On most US aired video, you will end up with 23.976-24 fps streams.
Series2 540 400GB Seagate DB35 (lifetime)
txporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #2765
stalemate
McGruber

I am having some trouble. I am trying to transfer a single episode of a show and decrypt it. Nothing else, I just want to end up with a file that will play on my boxee box, I don't care if it has commercials or whatever.

Anyway, I am able to queue the job and the first step starts ok, but it never finishes. I've tried this 2 different times and the download step just keeps going and going... what is going on?

Click for full size - Uploaded with Skitch

stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #2766
stalemate
McGruber

By the way, the full file size for that show is over 2gb, but it has been stuck on 922.87 MB for hours.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #2767
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Its obviously a very large file transferring at a slow rate. 3 hrs for nearly 1 GB?

On my Tivo HD connected wirelessly, I can download 1 GB of data in about 25 minutes.

If you have a Premiere, its much faster.

Also, if you are using Curl to download, there seems to be a bug of some kind that slows/stops your downloads. I'd try using Java.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #2768
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
On my Tivo HD connected wirelessly, I can download 1 GB of data in about 25 minutes.
It got to 922.87 MB in probably half an hour, and it has made no progress since then.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #2769
moyekj

stalemate, have you tried rebooting your TiVo? In that picture the transfer rate is 0 Mbps and obvious 2+ hours to download a 30 minute HD show indicates there is a problem of some sort either with TiVo or your network.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #2770
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

RE: Pushing via Kmttg.

I found I can push just by starting service under the Auto-Transfer menu and not have to open the Autopush.jar. Are they the same?

Also, I like the new 'Queued jobs' to turn on and off the execution as I can use it to pause between downloads.

~~~~~

Old 10-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #2771
moyekj

Quote:
RE: Pushing via Kmttg.
I found I can push just by starting service under the Auto-Transfer menu and not have to open the Autopush.jar. Are they the same?
Huh? Don't know what this Autopush.jar is you are talking about... If you are referring to other auto_push program (auto_push.jar) that is a completely separate application from kmttg which is designed to monitor folders for video files to push to TiVos via pyTivo push mechanism.
That is completely separate from kmttg "push" task which is pushing specific videos of your choosing via pyTivo push.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #2772
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
stalemate, have you tried rebooting your TiVo? In that picture the transfer rate is 0 Mbps and obvious 2+ hours to download a 30 minute HD show indicates there is a problem of some sort either with TiVo or your network.
I will try that in a bit. The transfer isn't slow though, I don't think. It goes fast for a while and then stops.

If I start the transfer again it does a similar thing. Earlier it got to 500 mb before it stalled out.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #2773
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
I will try that in a bit. The transfer isn't slow though, I don't think. It goes fast for a while and then stops.

If I start the transfer again it does a similar thing. Earlier it got to 500 mb before it stalled out.
I know that feeling. Are you using the latest kmttg version? v0p7Q? You can switch over to using java for downloads.

~~~~~

Old 10-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #2774
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
I know that feeling. Are you using the latest kmttg version? v0p7Q? You can switch over to using java for downloads.
Yeah I just downloaded it today. I'll try java and report back. I just found the setting.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #2775
stalemate
McGruber

Java download is running. Getting 6.4 Mbps right now.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #2776
stalemate
McGruber

Weird... it made it to 855 MB and stalled. My tivohd is on wireless. I wanted to put a switch downstairs and put it on wired network anyway. I'll see if that helps.

ETA... it just started itself over. the 855 MB file seems to be gone and it is up to 35 MB trying again. Although the screen is showing 0 Mbps, it is downloading pretty quickly.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #2777
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Try resetting the Tivo server a few times. Under the File menu.

~~~~~

Old 10-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #2778
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I sure would like to be able to customize the playlist view, ie: show/hide episode numbers, episode titles, etc.

thanks.

~~~~~

Old 10-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #2779
sanjonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by txporter View Post
In addition that what moyekj described above, these profiles will also run an inverse telecine on shows that are telecined, or will deinterlace shows that are interlaced. I included a weak denoiser in the profile as well just to shave a bit of bitrate off the final encodes without much difference in quality. On most US aired video, you will end up with 23.976-24 fps streams.
Got it, can confirm that those streams will not work on all three of the media players I am testing due to various issues. When I am all done, I am going to do a big writeup so everyone in the future who is considering buying a lower cost stand alone player like the wdtv or roku can skip the trials I have been thru. I can't wait till tomorrow cause I get two new players to test which supposedly both play .swf and .flv formatted files.

One other question, has anyone had any success with com cut and the ad cutter on hires converted files? (without video redo of course) I find that low res works fine with the minor over or under cuts, but hi res wipe out the video and only chops the audio stream. Is there a setting or command line change I am missing for using com cut on hires TiVo? Not vitally important to me, but thought I should bring it up because I imagine I am not the only one who sees a 3gb say 720p show with ac3 cut down to a 60mb mpg.cut file with either a black screen or the first frame of video and all the audio.

Hope to have my results posted by maybe Wednesday on the players and file formats and all those goodies, because of course so far, even though most specs say they will work with certain files, they mostly lie and need everything in tight tolerances to play, especially when down converting a high res file to a standard video input, etc on the player.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:02 AM   #2780
sanjonny

Oops, forgot why I originally was going to comment on, the latest q version did not save the wan ports I put in while configuring the tiro, or by TiVo. I had to configure the TiVo, save it, exit the program, restart and then put in the wan ports for it to stay in the settings (I guess I could have changed it in config.ini, but didn't think of it. Just thought I would comment on that.

Also for stalemate transfer problems, if your wired transfer work, but not the wireless, I bet you have interference on you wifi channel that might be killing the stream. I had similar problems with that years ago with my replay tv transfers, interference from my neighbors phone would kill my transfers randomly, I don't know if kmttg can resume if it gets corrupted streams or not, If you have the same problem wired, then I would look at if there is something else on your network broadcasting on the transfer port every once in awhile.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #2781
ferror

Update on my curl download stalling issue:

I tried the Java downloads, and for some reason they are causing me even more problems than curl does. I also still have the problem with the Windows version of curl stalling. I have no idea why it used to work flawlessly, and then it stopped working a few months ago, but my theory is that a Windows update must have come along which created a timing issue or in some other way broke an aspect of the network stack for these tools.

The cygwin curl is still the only one that works for me. I was very glad when it was figured out that the cygwin curl was having problems with quotation marks and other punctuation on the command line, as this had started causing me problems with downloading certain shows with those characters in the title. I ended up customizing my download.java to escape those characters on the command line so that I could continue using the cygwin curl. I am having to just take what I can get to work on this issue because it is very hard to reproduce, but I can see there are several others who run across it.

On a quick side question, has anyone seen this particular error from AtomicParsley?

You must be off your block thinking I'm going to tag a file that is at LEAST 3310211899 bytes long.
AtomicParsley doesn't have full 64-bit support
ferror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #2782
orangeboy
yes, I AM orangeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferror View Post
...You must be off your block thinking I'm going to tag a file that is at LEAST 3310211899 bytes long.
AtomicParsley doesn't have full 64-bit support
Interesting. The very limited experience I've had with 64-bit was with an IBM mainframe. With that, initially only data was allowed to be used "above the bar", while the program was restricted to 31-bit. The OS would handle the fetching of the big addresses when needed. It's been a little while since I've touched a 64-bit (IBM) machine, so things may have changed in that regard. Like I said, it's been awhile for me, and the application folks could have cared less about 64-bit capabilities at the time. Their legacy apps ran 16, 24 & 31 bit.

I'm guessing the squatty boxes (Windows/*nix/Mac/whatever) don't do the fetching on behalf of the programs?

orangeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:27 PM   #2783
stalemate
McGruber

I am attempting my transfers over wired network now. This was finally the push I needed to throw dd-wrt on an old router and configure it as a switch.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #2784
DeWitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeboy View Post
Interesting. The very limited experience I've had with 64-bit was with an IBM mainframe. With that, initially only data was allowed to be used "above the bar", while the program was restricted to 31-bit. The OS would handle the fetching of the big addresses when needed. It's been a little while since I've touched a 64-bit (IBM) machine, so things may have changed in that regard. Like I said, it's been awhile for me, and the application folks could have cared less about 64-bit capabilities at the time. Their legacy apps ran 16, 24 & 31 bit.

I'm guessing the squatty boxes (Windows/*nix/Mac/whatever) don't do the fetching on behalf of the programs?
Wow, that takes me back a bit..... One of the first big projects on worked on at my current employer many many years ago was a program that had to run "above the 16 Meg Line" In those days the limitation was compiler dependent. We had to use assembler to get the actual program code "above the line". I believe modern COBOL compilers have eliminated that block, but I have not touched COBOL since 1993.

32 bit Windows programs can work with large files but are limited to 3 Gigs of Memory space. 64 bit removes those limits and can significantly improve performance.

64 Bit windows allows 32 bit programs to run in an emulated environment (Theoretically transparently) but to take true advantage of the large memory addressing and speed, programs need to be ported and recompiled to 64 bit versions. The work to do that ranges from simple to damn near impossible depending on the tools used for the original, adherence to rules etc.
DeWitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #2785
stalemate
McGruber

I'm curious about naming my output files... I am dropping them in a directory that is monitored by my boxee machines.

I need to name them in the format the boxee uses to figure out all the show metadata.

I think that format is <series title>.S<season number>.E<episode number within the season>.extension

Is there a way to get this? I didn't see episode number in any of the built in naming tags. I think tivo knows episode number for some stuff though right?

Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #2786
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
I'm curious about naming my output files... I am dropping them in a directory that is monitored by my boxee machines.

I need to name them in the format the boxee uses to figure out all the show metadata.

I think that format is <series title>.S<season number>.E<episode number within the season>.extension

Is there a way to get this? I didn't see episode number in any of the built in naming tags. I think tivo knows episode number for some stuff though right?
Unless something has changed, there is a way to have it pull the number that TiVo thinks it is, but it uses absolute numbering which usually isn't correct. The format is usually just 15001 for example and it varies per show. I have been looking for similar options, but I haven't found it. I also haven't found a tool to automatically convert the OAD to the correct SXXEXX format.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #2787
mreaves53

Profile for Blackberry Torch

Has anyone written a profile for the Blackberry Torch?
WD Live TV Media Player
Phillips HDD DVD recorder
LG NAS
Slingbox Pro HD
Toshiba Thrive
mreaves53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:55 AM   #2788
sanjonny

On the torch, doesn't the iPod setting work?

New issue. Have a set of shows but kmttg is too smart and I am too stupid to dumb it to my level.

Show name is battleplan and the episode names are the same but with multiple parts.

So I have in my npl, battleplan - the battle for Italy (not shown in kmttg part 1)
And battleplan - the battle for Italy (not shown part 2) and
Battleplan - the battle for The Rhine (not shown part 1) and
battleplan - the battle for The Rhine (not shown part 2) and so on for many files.

When I select them in the list for kmttg to download and process, it only selects the first one and will not download the second one. The only way I have been able to download the second part so far is to wait until say Italy part one is complete and then change the name of the decrypted mpg (TiVo files is automatically deleted after decrypt) by adding something to it and then selecting part 2 and trying to download it.

I am sure there is a simple trick I am missing but I can't find it and my work playing around with naming isn't working right either. I read about a unique program ID for auto transfer, but that doesn't fit for my setup as I want to select which files download.

I noticed several videos are like this on the history and military channel so hopefully someone else has already run into this problem and fixed it. Your suggestions greatly appreciated.

And finally, I am still playing with the media players, will have that write up soon!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #2789
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

What you have is the default setting in regards to the file naming of the downloaded videos.

In your instance, each episode of Battleplan results in 'Battleplan.tivo' and then 'Battleplan.mpg', so Part 2 will overwrite Part 1, as well as when its converting from .tivo to .mpg. Another reason why it stops downloading and waits for the previous file to finish its decoding is because that file is still open when kmttg is trying to overwrite it.

This is what I have set in kmttg under the file naming option in configure:

[mainTitle] - [EpisodeNumber] - [episodeTitle] [year].[monthNum].[mday]-[hour].[min]

Adding the date and time to the filename gives little or no chance of the file being over-written.

For Example: for your 'Battleplan' episodes, recorded on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 8pm, I would have:

'Battleplan - Part 1 2010.10.23-20.00.tivo'
'Battleplan - Part 2 2010.10.30-20.00.tivo'
etc. for any more episodes.
If the episode times were, part 1, part 2, etc.

The default setting will just give files its show titles in .tivo and may not show your "parts 1 and 2'

You can change the settings yourself to your own discretion. For PCs, Just use periods (.) in place of colons (: ) as the colon is reserved for other purposes. Other characters you can use is the apostrophe ('), hyphen(-), comma (,), but you cannot use the double quotes ("), colon(: ), slash(/), backslash (\) and (|) in naming files and videos.

You can also add on the episode titles and episode numbers to the filenames, but its also easier for it to get over-written as well.

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 11-02-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #2790
sanjonny

Quote:
What you have is the default setting in regards to the file naming of the downloaded videos.

In your instance, each episode of Battleplan results in 'Battleplan.tivo' and then 'Battleplan.mpg', so Part 2 will overwrite Part 1, as well as when its converting from .tivo to .mpg. Another reason why it stops downloading and waits for the previous file to finish its decoding is because that file is still open when kmttg is trying to overwrite it.

This is what I have set in kmttg under the file naming option in configure:

[mainTitle] - [EpisodeNumber] - [episodeTitle] [year].[monthNum].[mday]-[hour].[min]

Adding the date and time to the filename gives little or no chance of the file being over-written.

For Example: for your 'Battleplan' episodes, recorded on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 8pm, I would have:

'Battleplan - Part 1 2010.10.23-20.00.tivo'
'Battleplan - Part 2 2010.10.30-20.00.tivo'
etc. for any more episodes.
If the episode times were, part 1, part 2, etc.

The default setting will just give files its show titles in .tivo and may not show your "parts 1 and 2'

You can change the settings yourself to your own discretion. For PCs, Just use periods (.) in place of colons (: ) as the colon is reserved for other purposes. Other characters you can use is the apostrophe ('), hyphen(-), comma (,), but you cannot use the double quotes ("), colon(: ), slash(/), backslash (\) and (|) in naming files and videos.

You can also add on the episode titles and episode numbers to the filenames, but its also easier for it to get over-written as well.
It is a little different from that, which is where the problem comes in. My current naming convention is
[title] ([monthNum]_[mday]_[year])

which leaves a title "Battleplan- The battle for italy (10-10-2010).tivo, etc etc

when it shows up in the NPL on kmttg, It shows battleplan - the battle for italy in the show column.

Both shows are shown with the time set, but when I select them and then hit start, it only puts an hourglass by the first show and the second show doesn't even show up on the list.
The part numbers are not episodes, it shows in the tivo guide as part 1 of 2 for the episode of the battle for italy.

I am going to try and change the naming convention including the time, but I think I might still have the problem with selecting the files. Will get back to you.

[title] ([hour]-[monthNum]_[mday]_[year]) is my first try and then will try

[mainTitle] - [EpisodeNumber] - [episodeTitle] [hour]-[year].[monthNum].[mday]

I read warnings about file problems if say episode title was missing which is why I have not played with it much. Will report back.